What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tax Bros Need Help With A Request From HR (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
Just got this email from HR.  It's a legit email from them:

The Affordable Care Act requires Employers to send the Tax Form 1095-C to all employees who are/were eligible for Medical coverage during the calendar year.  The Benefits Team is preparing the data for the forms that will be mailed to employees by January 31, 2019 and we need additional information from you.  Specifically, we need you to provide the social security number for your dependent(s)

SS #'s are almost never used as forms of ID anymore.  The only time I ever use them is when I'm filling out my personal taxes.  Why would HR need them?

Form 1095-C is filed with the IRS listing all members of your household with qualified health coverage.  In theory, the IRS uses this form to verify that a member of your household is not subject to a penalty for not having insurance by comparing the SSN's to your return to the information reported on 1095-C.

Form 1095-C is filed with the IRS listing all members of your household with qualified health coverage.  In theory, the IRS uses this form to verify that a member of your household is not subject to a penalty for not having insurance by comparing the SSN's to your return to the information reported on 1095-C.
So I have to provide this info huh?  Man I hate giving info like that to HR, they're dumb as a box of rocks. 

Not a big deal if you are dealing with a normal HR team or application. I’ve always had to give SS info for kids for healthcare enrollment, but even at the smaller companies this was always still using a pretty reputable HR web application.

I don’t think I’ve ever applied for benefits without having to supply SSN for all dependents, hell for my current job i had to scan in their birth certificates and my marriage license as well for them to qualify 

Users who are viewing this thread