What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Kings multiple lineup (1 Viewer)

RidgemontWolves

Footballguy
Hey guys, so I've started to really dive into draft kings this year. I've played casually in the past. My question and biggest issue is bankroll v lineups. I'm running into the issue of creating too many lineups for my bankroll. I'm not sure if I should limit the spread at a certain position? ie QB or RB or WR? or if I should lower the tourney entry price that I'm getting into and continue my normal lineup spread. 

If I ended up with 40 lineups, do I enter all 40 in a 5$ tourney...or take 20 and enter in a 9$ tourney? Just kind of confused/flustered on where to start cutting the lineup in this case.

Thanks!

If you like building that many lineups you could enter some in the .25 contests otherwise that is far too many lineups in my opinion.

Hey guys, so I've started to really dive into draft kings this year. I've played casually in the past. My question and biggest issue is bankroll v lineups. I'm running into the issue of creating too many lineups for my bankroll. I'm not sure if I should limit the spread at a certain position? ie QB or RB or WR? or if I should lower the tourney entry price that I'm getting into and continue my normal lineup spread. 

If I ended up with 40 lineups, do I enter all 40 in a 5$ tourney...or take 20 and enter in a 9$ tourney? Just kind of confused/flustered on where to start cutting the lineup in this case.

Thanks!
I usually enter ~20 lineups across $3 - $20 gpp. I'm finding that it's been most profitable to play in tournaments that have less than 2500 teams. I'm not a pro and unless you are entering max entries and finishing near the top, the odds are heavily stacked against you to be profitable consistently. Like less than 1% chance. I usually play around $200/week which means one of my lineups in the MM would need to finish top 151-250 just to break even, or several lineups would need to cash at the min amount to make a profit.

This week was tough because most of my $3 lineups cashed, while only a couple of my $20 lineups hit. I'm going to readjust my strategy because I'm taking more risks with the $3 lineup choices and they have been scoring higher. Meanwhile, my preferred lineup selections (based on FBG data and extensive research) are scoring 20-30 points lower on average. It seems like lately my highest scoring lineups are the ones that I pick a few min before kickoff based on players that I didn't pick earlier in the week and fading the chalk. 

I usually enter ~20 lineups across $3 - $20 gpp. I'm finding that it's been most profitable to play in tournaments that have less than 2500 teams. I'm not a pro and unless you are entering max entries and finishing near the top, the odds are heavily stacked against you to be profitable consistently. Like less than 1% chance. I usually play around $200/week which means one of my lineups in the MM would need to finish top 151-250 just to break even, or several lineups would need to cash at the min amount to make a profit.

This week was tough because most of my $3 lineups cashed, while only a couple of my $20 lineups hit. I'm going to readjust my strategy because I'm taking more risks with the $3 lineup choices and they have been scoring higher. Meanwhile, my preferred lineup selections (based on FBG data and extensive research) are scoring 20-30 points lower on average. It seems like lately my highest scoring lineups are the ones that I pick a few min before kickoff based on players that I didn't pick earlier in the week and fading the chalk. 
It never fails that my best LUs are my "WTF" lineups I put together while on my phone taking a crap.  That was the case this week again as I threw a couple Trubisky-A.Miller LUs together 

It never fails that my best LUs are my "WTF" lineups I put together while on my phone taking a crap.  That was the case this week again as I threw a couple Trubisky-A.Miller LUs together 
So true. My best best DK gpp lineups ever fell into this category. I also tend to increase points by swapping out afternoon players from my original choices. For example this week, I swapped in B.Cooks and Mike Davis and took out D.Adams + flex guy and that was in my only Trubisky lineup. 

It just shows that in order to win these large fields, you have to go against your instincts and all rational thought. I really wish I would have faded Hunt and Lewis in more lineups this week

Thanks!
What I read/hear a bit on sites and pods is to limit your QB pool.  Most seem to stick to a core of 4-5 QBs, and not that many more at other positions depending on total # of LUs.  

Also, if you are thinking about doing 40 in a $5 gpp, what the pros would say is to max out on as many single entry and 3max tournaments that you can afford with your $, and probably look at different slates to do the same.   On the main slate there are $1 SE and 3max, and I think there are $3 and $5 at the same level.  Then I think they have $9, $12, $27 SEs gpps as well.  I have read to fill those out before thinking about joining stuff that has higher max limits.   The other thing you could do if you line building a ton of LUs is look at something like the $2 safety that has as 20max limit.  It's a smaller gpp, but then you would be the person with the max entries in there too.  

Users who are viewing this thread