What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PUNK Music Draft - Now Ongoing post awesome punk songs thread (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
Playlist - https://open.spotify.com/user/mattcampbell9/playlist/7tvl6019y7Dsrr4rHhz4f3?si=ImjYSgolRdiepynl5cV1NA

Google Doc - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15ZlolQlYNAovARMr41slssQpMy6lRWtvuOJcHiFQcWk/edit?usp=sharing

For all the music drafts we've done here, we've apparently never done a straight up punk draft. 

Signup and discussion below. I am open to discussion for twists and requirements so suggest away below. 

In the meantime, I'm suggesting a 20 round draft with the following requirements:

• One song from the 70s
  • One song from the 80s
  • One song from the 90s
  • One song from the 00s
  • One song from a female punk band or singer. 
I'm open to requiring a pre 1970 song (punk influencers) and a post 2010 song (modern punk) as well but I know some people don't listen to old/new music as much as others and don't want to limit participants. Also, any other suggestions are welcome otherwise we'll leave it wide open and basically create the ultimate FFA punk playlist. 

In terms of what is eligible, for the sake of this draft:

• Pop-punk is punk
  • Emo is punk
  • Cowpunk, folk-punk are punk
  • Rap-punk/rap rock are punk
  • That song by the band that is thought more as a metal/grunge band is punk. 
  • That song by the punk band that wanted to try something new and isn't as punk as that other song they did is also punk. 
Saying something drafted 'isn't punk' is practically a given and is punk but arguing about whether songs are eligible to be taken for this draft is not. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some thoughts: 

Really think hip hop should be a part of this draft. 

20 rounds is awfully ambitious considering the likely interest. Might get thin.

Just food for thought, NV.  

Also, I have life circumstances that might not allow me to participate like I'd like and would have to cede to somebody else, but we'll see. It's just...it's out there. I can't be a certain in. Let me know. 

• Emo is punk
  • Cowpunk, folk-punk are punk
  • Rap-punk/rap rock are punk
  • That song by the band that is thought more as a metal/grunge band is punk. 
  • That song by the punk band that wanted to try something new and isn't as punk as that other song they did is also punk. 
Doesn’t sound punk to me

Some thoughts: 

Really think hip hop should be a part of this draft. 

20 rounds is awfully ambitious considering the likely interest. Might get thin.

Just food for thought, NV.  
I want to create an awesome standalone punk playlist and hip hop is also worthy of it's own singular draft IMO.

That said, if you want to draft hip-hop, it's easy enough to classify a lot of it as punk, Drake and his ilk as emo, etc...within the broadly defined categories. I think with the categories being so broad, the music :nerd:  contingent here and punk being a thing for like 40 years, it really won't be a challenge to come up with tons of good stuff.

I want to create an awesome standalone punk playlist and hip hop is also worthy of it's own singular draft IMO.

That said, if you want to draft hip-hop, it's easy enough to classify a lot of it as punk, Drake and his ilk as emo, etc...within the broadly defined categories. I think with the categories being so broad, the music :nerd:  contingent here and punk being a thing for like 40 years, it really won't be a challenge to come up with tons of good stuff.
Cool. I think it should be fine either way. Just looking for an excuse to draft some hip hop. I'll stick with punk. Peace.    

Long Ball Larry said:
rap rock is punk?

Ilov80s said:
Punk is kind of like film noir. There are some common tropes but you can't really make a clear definition. It's more about about attitude than anything else. 
Yeah kind of this, plus rap-rock was bad wording, I was thinking more Run DMC/Beastie Boys than Linkin Park.

CanI sign up for another spot. Saves me from having to remember my Dr. Doofenshmirtz alias log in

This seems awesome.  I've followed a few of these over the years but never participated.  What sort of time frame you looking at for the picks? I work weird hours and have limited availability.  I want to participate but dont want to #### it up for others if I have to make picks in or at a certain time interval and am unable to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems awesome.  I've followed a few of these over the years but never participated.  What sort of time frame you looking at for the picks? I work weird hours and have limited availability.  I want to participate but dont want to #### it up for others if I have to make picks in or at a certain time interval and am unable to do so.
I would say jump in and we'll accommodate either way.

These drafts tend to have a lot of people go on 'autoskip' and make up their picks when they can, so I thought I'd throw out the question to everyone whether we should try to draft in a proper draft format (pick 1.1, then pick 1.2, then 1.3 etc...) or go with the pick windows (everyone makes round 1 pick Tuesday PM, round 2 Wednesday AM, round 3 Wednesday PM, etc...).

My instinct is to start off trying to draft in order and then make the switch to pick windows if/when we get bogged down with skipped picks/long waits but if people have strong feelings (or there are a bunch who won't be able to pick in order) for either format, I'm fine with it. 

Either way, round 1 starts today.

Users who are viewing this thread