What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Indian Dishes (1 Viewer)

Klimtology

Footballguy
My top two are Chicken Vindallo (Extra Spicy) and Sag Panir.

I might try Butter Chicken tonight.

Any other recommendations?

TIA

Aloo Gobi and Chana Masala are a couple of my favorites.... that said, I am totally in the mood for an entire platter of veggie samosas right now.  Thanks for that. 

Masala dosa. Usually only available at South Indian restaurants.
I want a dosa, there is a place near me that has them - they look great.  But I always get anxious about how to eat them and chicken out and order something else.  How do you eat it?

I want a dosa, there is a place near me that has them - they look great.  But I always get anxious about how to eat them and chicken out and order something else.  How do you eat it?
Break off small pieces of the dosa using your hands and dip into the sauce.

We get Indian about once a week and it’s always Saag Chole and Paneer Mahkani with 2 garlic Naan.

Not sure what it is called but I attended an Indian wedding.   They had a dish with chick peas in a spicy tomato based sauce.  Loved it.

local place makes a rice pudding recipe called Kheer

it's served warm (not hot) and it's freaking amazing. perfect capper to an Indian dinner.

"Kheer or Kiru (Maldivian: ކިރު) is a rice pudding, originating from the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios or almonds. It is typically served during a meal or as a dessert."

Last edited by a moderator:
Aloo Gobi and Chana Masala are a couple of my favorites.... that said, I am totally in the mood for an entire platter of veggie samosas right now.  Thanks for that. 
Was on a train from Mumbai to Aurangabad and we stopped and had samosas from a street vendor.  God were they good.

:thumbup:

All of them.

If it's my first time at an Indian establishment, will usually go with Chicken Tikka Masala as a baseline to level set on their quality. Otherwise known as the gringo-boy dish. If they pass the bar, the sky's the limit.

For those going all vegetarian, Chana Saag is nice.

Appetizer shout out: Vegetable Samosas

All of them.

If it's my first time at an Indian establishment, will usually go with Chicken Tikka Masala as a baseline to level set on their quality. Otherwise known as the gringo-boy dish. If they pass the bar, the sky's the limit.

For those going all vegetarian, Chana Saag is nice.

Appetizer shout out: Vegetable Samosas
Huh.  I thought Chicken Tikka Masala was British.

I am having Indian tonight. Paneer Tikka Masala and Tandoori Naan. 

Kulfi ice cream is delicious. Best desert I have ever had.

Chicken Tikka or Tandori Chicken (prefer dry meats without sauce), Naan and Papadum (that fried chip thing restaurants often give you before your meal, like chips and salsa).  Kingfisher is a great beer to compliment the meal.   

Chicken Tikka or Tandori Chicken (prefer dry meats without sauce), Naan and Papadum (that fried chip thing restaurants often give you before your meal, like chips and salsa).  Kingfisher is a great beer to compliment the meal.   
:oldunsure:  

I love pretty much all of it but I’ll put in for:

Palak Chat

Lamb Korma

I normally find tandoori stuff boring, but I once had a great tandoori salmon with a lobster masala. 

I'm happy with Butter Chicken and garlic naan.  6 or 7 out of ten as far as heat goes.  A nice spicy vindaloo is also great.  I'm starving.

mr. furley said:
more about this  :popcorn:
We went to India for a friend's wedding in Goa.  While we were there we did some travelling/site seeing.  We hit Mumbai, Goa, Aurangabad, and Udaipur. 

The train ride was one of the best parts since we were the only Westerners on the train.  Made friends with a bunch of Indian folks who barely spoke English.  The train stopped at some random town and we got off with some of the locals and they picked out the Samosas for us.  He would feel each one to make sure it was still hot before he let us buy them....not exactly sanitary, but you've got to go with the local customs.  I will say it was the best damn Samosa I've ever had and every time I eat one I remember the trip.

I am a big fan of all of the saag (spinach, greens) based dishes -- the aforementioned saag paneer, chicken saag, lamb saag, etc.

Love dosas, papadums, biryani, tandoori chicken, naan, kheer ... all of it.

Two tasty items I have not seen mentioned yet:

Pakoras -- just means various kinds of fried veggies. Faves are onion, eggplant, and spinach pakoras. Great for dipping into tamarind or mint chutney.

Shrimp curry -- the very best I've had was a "dry" curry dish with shrimp, not swimming in sauce but more like coated with a spiced "rub". Not that "swimming in curry sauce" is really a problem ... just the dry variant was unique and really good. The chef also took the time to remove the shrimp tails, so it was less of a fussy dish to eat.

Doug B said:
Pakoras -- just means various kinds of fried veggies. Faves are onion, eggplant, and spinach pakoras. Great for dipping into tamarind or mint chutney.
OMG yes ?

Users who are viewing this thread