What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Question] - Changing how you use your computers at home... (1 Viewer)

Mario Kart

Footballguy
Curious if anyone has switched to the example I'm going to explain, or if anyone uses computers like the example below.

Current Setup

I currently have a Microsoft Surface 3, mainly for work. If/When I upgrade that, I will buy a newer Surface Pro. I do not use this tablet for use at home like I use my other laptop. It's more for work and compatibility at work. I update it at home and stuff like that but I don't check gambling sites at home, streaming sites, I don't log in to any private info like banking or anything like that on it.

I have a Macbook Pro that is my main computer. I usually don't take it with me to places unless I travel or know I'm going somewhere for the weekend, or something like that. This computer I do my banking on, stream, download on, and use as my workhorse.

I also have an iPad Mini 4 that I use occasionally but would like to use it more for reading and stuff like that.

Switching to this possible setup

Surface Pro (but not right now).

A Mac Mini with a widescreen monitor. This would be the new workhorse and be my main computer without the laptop mobility/experience.

An iPad Pro, or bigger iPad, to move around with, be mobile with, use when out and about instead of the laptop.

Good idea or keep it the way it is? First world problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking of making that new iPad my only computer.  I could never get used to the previous iPads because I like a stationary keyboard/keypad/base and I like to change the angle of the screen while in different "lounging" positions.  I also prefer a bigger screen, due mostly to eyesight, which they are now offering.  So the newest iPad has alleviated some of my biggest issues, it appears, and is the closest thing yet to being an all-in-one computer/tablet now.  

From what I gather, the attachable keyboard is stable enough to not come apart when moving around and whatnot and that it has more than one angle for screen adjustment.  I wish I could test-drive it for a couple of weeks but that seems like a hassle.  Will probably wait for more reviews to trickle in and then decide.

I am thinking of making that new iPad my only computer.  I could never get used to the previous iPads because I like a stationary keyboard/keypad/base and I like to change the angle of the screen while in different "lounging" positions.  I also prefer a bigger screen, due mostly to eyesight, which they are now offering.  So the newest iPad has alleviated some of my biggest issues, it appears, and is the closest thing yet to being an all-in-one computer/tablet now.  

From what I gather, the attachable keyboard is stable enough to not come apart when moving around and whatnot and that it has more than one angle for screen adjustment.  I wish I could test-drive it for a couple of weeks but that seems like a hassle.  Will probably wait for more reviews to trickle in and then decide.
I'd use the iPad for around the house and on-the-go. I don't think I'd buy the keyboard however if there was a cheaper alternative, maybe. If I had to do work, I'd bring both tablets or just the Surface. My brain says to not even think about this because it's not needed but the next time I buy a computer (like 4-5 years from now), this may be the setup I'd look to do.

Users who are viewing this thread