What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wealthiest Fictional Character (1 Viewer)

Who is the wealthiest fictional character?

• Tony Stark

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Bruce Wayne

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Scrooge McDuck

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Richie Rich

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters

Don Quixote

Footballguy
Jake Tapper had this as a Twitter poll earlier today, and it seemed like worthy FFA debate content.

I went for Scrooge McDuck.

Tywin Lannister
There is a difference between books and tv show with this character. 

In books there is no mention of financial trouble but in the show Tywin admits to Cerci that their gold mines have run dry three years ago and that they are in debt to a "tremendous amount" to the Iron Bank.

All of the gold that has ever been mined in human history would form a cube about 70 feet wide per side. It would easily fit inside the infield of a baseball diamond.

Scrooge has probably 80-90% of that in his money bin, no? 90% of the world's gold supply in his personal vault would make me think he has to be the richest.  
He was a fraud.  He would have hurt himself swimming in real gold coins.  They were either chocolate coins with gold wrapping or plastic coins.

I imagine everyone's instant first though, including mine, was Scrooge McDuck.

Hence, that's probably not the right answer.

I imagine everyone's instant first though, including mine, was Scrooge McDuck.

Hence, that's probably not the right answer.
It did not seem close to me either, but the Twitter poll that I saw on this question was pretty close -- Scrooge McDuck is currently tied with Tony Stark there at around 35% each.  Maybe it's just that those millenials are unfamiliar with Scrooge McDuck.

It did not seem close to me either, but the Twitter poll that I saw on this question was pretty close -- Scrooge McDuck is currently tied with Tony Stark there at around 35% each.  Maybe it's just that those millenials are unfamiliar with Scrooge McDuck.
Millennial here, gotta be Scrooge McDuck.  I'm an "old" millennial though.

Willy Wonka? I mean, he rescued (....errrrr enslaved) an entire race of people and has a duck that literally lays golden eggs. Plus, he’s one of, if not the biggest, players in the candy market, and looks to be branching out into MRE’s (gum) and the soft drink sector with levitating side effects. Not to mention, he got the jump on guys like Elon Musk by getting that elevator into orbit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Went with Richie Rich.  McDuck had bathtubs of gold coins, but Richie had the whole bathroom made out of gold. 

I’ll go with Tony Stark but I really want to vote for a Vonnegut character, Malachi Constant who makes all these others look like pikers.

What about the dragon from The Hobbit, Smaug? He had a huge mountain of gold and jewels
What's weird is like how would he spend it though right? I mean like does he just fly to a store and be like hey i need some weird gold melting things i can put inside my mountain cave what do you guys have? 

ankNameNet Worth

1. Santa Claus$ ∞ 

2. Richie Rich24.7 billion 

3. Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks10 billion 

4. Scrooge McDuck8.2 billion 

5. Thurston Howell III8 billion 

6. Willie Wonka8 billion 

7. Bruce Wayne6.3 billion 

8. Lex Luthor4.7 billion 

9. J.R. Ewing2.8 billion 

10. Auric Goldfinger1.2 billion 

11. C. Montgomery Burns1 billion 

12. Charles Foster Kane1 billion 

13. Cruella De Vil875 million 

14. Gordon Gekko650 million 

15. Jay Gatsby600 million

What's weird is like how would he spend it though right? I mean like does he just fly to a store and be like hey i need some weird gold melting things i can put inside my mountain cave what do you guys have? 
He'd never spend any of his gold. I'm assuming he'd use a credit card or something if he had to buy anything. I think he mostly he just likes having it and also killing stuff 

Scrooge McDiggyDuck for me.  But he was owned by his money.  Only thing that made him happy was counting it.  True wealth is enriching others.

ankNameNet Worth

1. Santa Claus$ ∞ 

6. Willie Wonka8 billion 

8. Lex Luthor4.7 billion 

9. J.R. Ewing2.8 billion 

No Dr. Evil?

ankNameNet Worth

1. Santa Claus$ ∞ 

6. Willie Wonka8 billion 

8. Lex Luthor4.7 billion 

9. J.R. Ewing2.8 billion 

You're telling me the guy that has his face on his own money didn't make the list?

BS

Prince Akeem RULES ALL

Yeah Scrooge McDuck is obviously top of the list.  I mean look at the company he keeps.  Mickey Mouse is getting $150 a head per day to come to his place and just bought Iron Man and Darth vader the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread