What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thielen for Barkley? WHIR (1 Viewer)

ddiaz386

Footballguy
Redraft 12 team league 1 PPR 

Trade Mack and Thielen for Barkley and Golladay? I am currently 8-2.

Any one think Thielen will regress while Golladay improves with Tate gone? Barkley over Mack is the easy choice, not sure if giving up Thielen is worth it. 

Team is below:

Matt Ryan

Thielen

Josh Gordon

David Johnson

Fournette

Kelce

Doyle

Baldwin

Mack

Josh Adams

Edmonds

Sutton

Hyde

What are your starting requirements?  That has a big part of this evaluation because you have better RB depth than WR depth so losing Thielen could be a bigger hit than gaining Barkley for your overall starting lineup.

What are your starting requirements?  That has a big part of this evaluation because you have better RB depth than WR depth so losing Thielen could be a bigger hit than gaining Barkley for your overall starting lineup.
1qb

2rb

2wr

1te

1 we/rb/te

So making this deal means you are playing three RB's every week with DJ, Fournette & Barkley.   So you only need two WR's.  Gordon is probably your WR1 with Thielen gone so you would rotate the WR2 spot to Golladay/Baldwin/Sutton based on matchups.  Do you like that better than having your two WR's as Thielen & Gordon and rotating your flex spot between Mack & Baldwin? 

The trade takes away a lot of flexibility since your flex spot is gone but it probably makes your overall team better.  I would probably do it.

I'd echo Gally's thoughts here. Barkley makes your starting lineup better, but less versatile, that is a trade off that I'd be happy to make.

Users who are viewing this thread