What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ww pickups from week 11 (or pickups for week 12) (1 Viewer)

DJ moore and Traquan Smith are two guys probably dropped. 

Lamar Jackson and Jameis Winston

Gus Edwards
Coutee if he's still out there. I see him as higher floor, lower ceiling than Moore or Smith.

Jackson maybe as a streamer or bye-week fill-in, but I'm always wary when QBs are running a college offense. Eventually teams start to figure them out.

If you want to keep riding the TB QB carousel, by all means, pop a few Dramamine and enjoy the ride.

As for Edwards, do we know why he got all the work today over Collins?

I made a huge post about schedules down the stretch/fantasy playoffs here. I made sure to try and target promising pieces of the best schedules for that position, picking up D.J. Moore and Tre'Quan Smith, and trading for Dalvin Cook. Smith and Moore probably got dropped by frustrated owners the last 2 weeks... go pick them up .

Fave Five Waiver Targets for Week 12

QBs

Jameis Winston, TB - Fitzmagic is over. Jameis exploded in relief against the Giants (12/16/2/1 for 199, 1 INT),  and next week faces a Niners secondary hemorrhaging big yards in the pass game.

Eli Manning, NYG - Eli may have the athleticism of a wet noodle, but he still can pick apart a defense if given time. His line has kept him pretty clean the last two weeks and he delivered both games (15/16/2 for 232 vs. the Bucs) and next week he faces a decimated Eagles secondary that just lost another starter.

RBs

Jalen Richard, OAK - Doug Martin left late to an unannounced ankle injury. No report was given but Richard looked good in relief (11/61, 3 of 4 for 32 receiving). He'd be in a timeshare if Martin is out next week as Oakland travels to Baltimore. Not a great matchup but Richard does damage catching passes also.

Gus Edwards, BAL - Beware, there is no evidence he won the starting job even with his 17/115/1 line. Baltimore went with a hot hand after Collins was hitting brick walls early; the backfield could turn into a 3-headed RBBC (Montgomery only had 1 snap) and Edwards is more of a power runner than all around guy, but there aren't many potential starting RB guys this time of year. Definitely worth a flyer.

DEF

Jacksonville D/ST - As bad as they've been they have a healthy A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey and they take a trip to Buffalo in Week 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do what now?
To be fair, they have beaten themselves a lot lately, so more Freudian than anything. 

————————

Grab Coutee if he’s out there. I had Smith and dropped him like many others. He’ll have weeks like this and the few he had in recent weeks too. 

Fuller is still out for the year and Coutee is finally back healthy. Everyone is putting in a bid for Smith, but the Texans will be in a division race and this is your last WW shot at their second passing option. 

Who should we target in Detroitif Kerryon is out?
It's unclear, probably three headed monster with Zach Zenner getting some carries.  Maybe grab Riddick in case he gets a bit more involved in the game plan?  I wouldn't touch Blount with a ten-foot pole, he looks like he is wearing cement blocks for shoes.

Anthony Miller available and looking pretty good with Mitch there in Chicago.

Basically looking at:

Miller, Coutee, DJ Moore, T. Smith at WR (Have OBJ, Boyd, Ridley, Baldwin)

or Gus Edwards at RB (I do have Collins on my team...but have been benching him for Mack and Lindsay...or Michel when healthy).

Will pick up one of those guys as I drop my bye week kicker and have Gostkowski the rest of the year.

Didn’t really see Josh Adams mentioned too much unless he’s already rostered in most leagues.

It’s always a cluster with the Philly backfield, but Adams seems to be separating himself from the pack.

Didn’t really see Josh Adams mentioned too much unless he’s already rostered in most leagues.

It’s always a cluster with the Philly backfield, but Adams seems to be separating himself from the pack.
Messy backfields are crapshoots but sometimes you have to take a chance on someone like Adams. 

It's unclear, probably three headed monster with Zach Zenner getting some carries.  Maybe grab Riddick in case he gets a bit more involved in the game plan?  I wouldn't touch Blount with a ten-foot pole, he looks like he is wearing cement blocks for shoes.
I don't disagree with your take but Riddick hasn't been getting carries all year (& he's always been ineffective running the ball.) If you are desperate and it's PPR he has a nice floor.

I have a choice between him, Keke Coutee or or Gus Edwards

RN I have the bids as

1. Coutee
  2. Smith
  3. Edwards
Mine is between Smith, & Edwards. I have a big hole @ my WR2 spot with Kupp going down. Smith will be boom or bust, Edwards could be a great find or stuck in a mess. Not quite sure what to do.

I've owned T. Smith twice already this season...looks like I'm gonna be trying for a 3rd time!

On  a side note, what exactly is the deal with the running game in BAL? Is it REALLY Gus Edwards' job now?

Mine is between Smith, & Edwards. I have a big hole @ my WR2 spot with Kupp going down. Smith will be boom or bust, Edwards could be a great find or stuck in a mess. Not quite sure what to do.
With help needed at WR, Smith seems to be more of what you need.   Edwards looked great but he is part of a RBBC that is quite unclear.  

With help needed at WR, Smith seems to be more of what you need.   Edwards looked great but he is part of a RBBC that is quite unclear.  
Is he worth the #1 waiver claim? I would assume at this point in the year, just before playoffs, holding it won't do too much good now. I have my handcuffs ready to go.

At WR, Smith (NO) and Moore (CAR), and Coutee (HOU) have been picked up and dropped several times this season. How do people rank them? I’ve been thinking 1. Smith, 2. Moore and then 3. Coutee. Mostly due to Brees>>>Newton and there are a lot of mouths to feed in HOU. Other thoughts? It seems like Coutee will always get something every week and Smith/Moore are more boom/bust though.

On  a side note, what exactly is the deal with the running game in BAL? Is it REALLY Gus Edwards' job now?
Harbaugh:

"The whole backfield got a game ball – Lamar, Alex and Gus. Gus was North and South, he’s a physical guy. He’s been practicing really well. When those young guys start practicing well for weeks after weeks, we want to get them out there. Then he was playing well on special teams, so it kind of gave an indication that he was ready. He sure took the bull by the horns. To give us that type of a back is very important,” Harbaugh said. “He gives us that back that we probably didn’t have earlier in the year. We’ve got four different guys who have different styles. I think that’s a plus for us.”

Yeah I suppose it's a needs based thing. At this point I don't think you can count on adding much the last week of the regular season so I'll be making outsized bids to nail it.

WR: thought I was super solid with AB, Hilton, Jeffrey and Tate. But the trade for Golden monkeyed things up; he hasn't done much is first two games with the Eagles, and Alshon hasn't had a productive game in almost a month. My backup (we start 3 and can flex a 4th) is Anthony Miller, hence I'm more interested in the WRs. Although Smith is on a better offense and 13 targets is impressive, it's really hard to trust a guy who had zero targets the previous week. I think Keke is going to be a solid WR2 for Hou (probably WR3/4 for fantasy purposes) so I'm leaning that way.

RB: I probably don't want anything to do with Edwards as I have Chubb, Kerryon and Lindsay. But my intended RB1 is RB66 (D Cook), and you can never have too many RBs.

If Johnson's MRI doesn't reveal any ligament damage I should be OK, but probably not the worst idea to have a backup plan.

Harbaugh:

"The whole backfield got a game ball – Lamar, Alex and Gus. Gus was North and South, he’s a physical guy. He’s been practicing really well. When those young guys start practicing well for weeks after weeks, we want to get them out there. Then he was playing well on special teams, so it kind of gave an indication that he was ready. He sure took the bull by the horns. To give us that type of a back is very important,” Harbaugh said. “He gives us that back that we probably didn’t have earlier in the year. We’ve got four different guys who have different styles. I think that’s a plus for us.”
So, basically what I'm reading (between the lines) is that there's no RB worth owning in Baltimore. like a poor man's NE backfield (from previous seasons) where any one of them could be fantasy relevant, but no one know who it will be week to week. 

Baltimore schedule through week 16:

Oakland 

Atlanta 

KC 

Tampa 

LAC

I don't know if anyone will emerge as the primary guy, but that schedule makes it worth gambling on. If your pick hits it could pay off in a big way. For better or worse, Harbaugh doesn't seem to want to give Collins a heavy load. I'm skeptical Gus will be the guy, but I think he's the most likely of anyone there to become a bellcow.

At WR, Smith (NO) and Moore (CAR), and Coutee (HOU) have been picked up and dropped several times this season. How do people rank them? I’ve been thinking 1. Smith, 2. Moore and then 3. Coutee. Mostly due to Brees>>>Newton and there are a lot of mouths to feed in HOU. Other thoughts? It seems like Coutee will always get something every week and Smith/Moore are more boom/bust though.
That's more or less the way I view it - Coutee probably has the highest floor. However, I don't quite get the lotta mouths to feed comment; DT hasn't caught a pass the last 7 quarters and they rarely utilize TEs.

That's more or less the way I view it - Coutee probably has the highest floor. However, I don't quite get the lotta mouths to feed comment; DT hasn't caught a pass the last 7 quarters and they rarely utilize TEs.
I think I'd flip Smith and Moore. Sure that NO offense is extremely potent, but he's likely the 3rd target at best behind Thomas & Kamara. Whereas it's starting to look like Moore is becoming the go-to guy in CAR. 

I could definitely be wrong, but if both were available in my league, i'd target Moore 1st

Exactly. Coutee averaging 9 targets in his 4 healthy games.

Plays in slot and with Thomas and Hopkins there will be easy maps ros and good schedule. Think his floor is 12 points in PPR with a good feeling. Think will be mid low range wr2 Ros.

I think I'd flip Smith and Moore. Sure that NO offense is extremely potent, but he's likely the 3rd target at best behind Thomas & Kamara. Whereas it's starting to look like Moore is becoming the go-to guy in CAR. 

I could definitely be wrong, but if both were available in my league, i'd target Moore 1st
Both Moores (CAR & SEA) rostered in my league.

For our league I have it:

A) Coutee

B) Smith

C) Edwards

I rank them as:

1. DJ Moore -- While Slay was on Funchess, Moore has the potential to be the #1 WR for Cam down the stretch. Ceiling could be very high and it looks like he could be developing a floor.

2. K. Coutee -- Think he's going to be the clear #2 and be peppered with targets out of the slot. DT has done nothing. Watson needs a security blanket. Solid floor.

3. T. Smith -- Still seems too boom or bust. Don't trust I'll be able to pick the big games vs. the duds. Brees throwing  to anybody still. 

Interesting nugget on Smith in Peter King's column today: 

“I’ve never seen the Eagles play as much man,” Payton said after the game. With significant doubling of Alvin Kamara and Thomas, Brees had to go to his four least-experienced pass-catchers more than he’s planned. Four receivers—Carr, Tre’quan Smith, Dan Arnold and Keith Kirkwood, who entered the game with 25 NFL catches combined—caught 16 passes for 218 yards and two touchdowns. 
Now obviously, he still had to make all those catches. But it does suggest that his workload may not be so guaranteed going forward. I still view him as boom or bust.

Any love for Josh Doctson ? He had TDs two games in a row before last week; all other relevant receivers (other than Reed) are gone in Washington; and apparently McCoy was targeting him big time once he took over.,

(of course if I hadn't stupidly dropped Coutee last week, I wouldn't even be thinking about crappy Josh Doctson--LOL).

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
Is he worth the #1 waiver claim? I would assume at this point in the year, just before playoffs, holding it won't do too much good now. I have my handcuffs ready to go.
Convince your league mates next year to use FAAB 

4th&inches said:
So, basically what I'm reading (between the lines) is that there's no RB worth owning in Baltimore. like a poor man's NE backfield (from previous seasons) where any one of them could be fantasy relevant, but no one know who it will be week to week. 
The same way it has been for the last 3 (?) years. Don’t waste your time. 

Where do you put Anthony Miller woth those wrs mentioned so far?
I like him a lot for the Thanksgiving Day game. While Slay is back (he missed Miller’s breakout game), the guy starting opposite him was on the streets a few days ago, and their slot corners / safety play is down this year.

ETA: I’ll probably Flex Miller over D Cook and one Eagles WR (Alshon or Golden), even though there’s a high probability I’ll pick the wrong guy in green & DC bounces back 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread