What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade 2019 1st for vets? (1 Viewer)

kerpow

Footballguy
Following this week's matchup, I now hold a one-game lead in my division. My two remaining games aren't too scary, but you never know.  

Having come 3rd in the league last year, I really want to push on for the title. As there aren't any trade deadlines in this league, this time of the season often sees a few trades of veteran players from managers who are out of playoff contention for future picks from teams still in the mix. So, I've been making some enquiries.

How does this sound:

LeSean McCoy & Doug Baldwin for my 2019 1st round pick

Both are 30 but are still productive. McCoy has another season left on his contract, while Baldwin has 2. I can't really speculate whether they'll both see out their contracts or be cut to save cap space. What are your thoughts?

Having taken Mike Williams (bit of bust) and Calvin Ridley (looking good) in recent seasons at around the same pick, I'm not sure passing on another WR is so bad and I can't imagine there would be much at RB at that point.

FYI, I offered 2nd & 3rd and was shot down. He proposed the 1st, so he'll obviously accept it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the draft class. With this up coming draft class it’s heavy defense, so I would say yes. I’m usually in the same boat drafting late and I usually do the same thing, trade my 1st because the value isn’t going to be there. I recently did the same thing except I got Robert Woods I had to add a little bit more but well worth it.

I have no probably making a deal to get veteran help I just wouldn't do it for McCoy and Baldwin. I don't see those guys as being impactful down the stretch.  If I am giving up a 1st rounder I want an impact player.  I just don't think the current offer fits that bill. 

I have no probably making a deal to get veteran help I just wouldn't do it for McCoy and Baldwin. I don't see those guys as being impactful down the stretch.  If I am giving up a 1st rounder I want an impact player.  I just don't think the current offer fits that bill. 
Thanks for the input. Do you have any examples? I'm struggling to identify any players that might fall into that category and could be available i.e. owned by a team that is out of playoff contention. The best I can think of is Emmanuel Sanders, but I'm not convinced he's much better than Baldwin. I own T.Y. Hilton, who would be an obvious choice.

Thanks for the input. Do you have any examples? I'm struggling to identify any players that might fall into that category and could be available i.e. owned by a team that is out of playoff contention. The best I can think of is Emmanuel Sanders, but I'm not convinced he's much better than Baldwin. I own T.Y. Hilton, who would be an obvious choice.
You talk about giving up future picks but you never really say if it is a dynasty league.  How many players can you keep and at what cost (round, salary, etc)?  Tough to come up with guys without knowing your league dynamics.  To give up a first I would be looking at a top 20RB or top 15 WR in that realm. 

Many times in dynasty rebuild teams don't want the older vets that still have production left because they aren't flashy.  Guys like Fitzgerald that you can generally get much cheaper than a 1st but are productive. 

Users who are viewing this thread