What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael B Jordan Wants To Fight Roy Jones Jr. - Who Wins? (1 Viewer)

Who wins in a boxing match between Michael B. Jordan and Roy Jones Jr.?

• Jones for sure

Votes: 80 92.0%
  • Jones probably

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • On the fence

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Jordan probably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jordan for sure

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
I picked Jones for sure. That said, its very possible Jordan knows how to box and possibly very well. Just because you play a boxer, doesn't exclude you from the actual skill. 

Even in his incredibly deterioated state, it would be Roy easily. Based on his recent rights, an amatuer might be Roy's last shot at a win. He has been getting brutally KO'd at a scary rate. He should just stay out of the ring really. 

The over/under for this would be "Death".
That was my first thought. I can't imagine they let Jordan fight without headgear. He's got hundreds of millions of dollars potentially he can earn over the rest of his acting career.

It's a good example I think of sometimes people just don't understand the reality of how good the people at elite level are. Even an older guy like Jones. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently some of you have never seen Michael B Jordan spar, he wins this and does so easily. Roy Jones Jr is 49, no contest here.

I sort of expected to look this up and find out Jordan is 6'5 and 225 lbs or something.  Maybe some kind of reach, or height, or weight advantage.

They're the same height and Jones outweighs him. If he isn't wearing headgear, his acting career would probably be over in about half a round.  At least the pretty roles.

I met Carmen Basilio years ago when he was in his mid 70's.  He threw a couple shadow punches and my mid-20s self was absolutely terrified.  50 years on me, but one landed punch and I'd be down for the count.

I'm putting the o/u for "how old a former world champ has to be, to lose to an buff actor who's sparred a little bit" at around 70.  certainly not 50.  Adjust accordingly if death , Parkinson's, or serious brain damage already has set in.  

As mentioned above, MBJ vs George Forman is a better carnival/sideshow fight to be talking about.    RJJ would straight up kill MBJ today.  

Roy is still fighting professionally.  Obviously not in his prime and he isn't fighting top guys, but still other pro's.

It's all to hype up Creed II.  There is no way MBJ would fight Roy in a real fight.  His agent would be an idiot to let him do it.

A better question....can Michael B. Jordan can beat old man George Foreman?
Old man version?  I guess, maybe.  But if he even has a fraction of his hitting power it would take one punch.  I'll never forget watching video of Foreman hitting a heavy bag with someone holding it.  The power he'd hit with... just completely destroyed the bag and at the end with one shot knocked the guy holding it back a couple feet and off the bag.

FTR - jordan said no way he would beat Jones in his prime 

I'm still taking JOnes

If he wants to prove to people that he's a real boxer, fight a real boxer that's boxing now. There are plenty of fighters in their late 20s and early 30s that will fight MBJ.  Why would he pick a 50 year old retired boxer?  Just to say you beat a 50 year old retired boxer?

If MBJ won, he would look bad because he beat a retired boxer.

If MBJ lost, he would look bad because he lost against a retired boxer.

There's no upside to it.

Roy is still fighting professionally.  Obviously not in his prime and he isn't fighting top guys, but still other pro's.

It's all to hype up Creed II.  There is no way MBJ would fight Roy in a real fight.  His agent would be an idiot to let him do it.
I know it doesn't necessarily matter for boxers, but his last fight (he says) was this year. To Roy's credit, he's stayed out of danger during the decade (for the most part) and has been nowhere near the world level for awhile.

I didn't get much from that sparring clip. It's not necessarily damning, but it was pretty regular stuff, you can't really get much from somebody hitting the pads. I'm sure Jordan boxes better than 99% of civilians, and I think you could probably pick a couple of journeymen out of some lesser-known gyms that he might be able to beat, if you chose carefully. But Jones is far too brilliant for it to not go any way that he doesn't want it to go.

PS: Watch/talk about real fights instead, hth.

If he wants to prove to people that he's a real boxer, fight a real boxer that's boxing now. There are plenty of fighters in their late 20s and early 30s that will fight MBJ.  Why would he pick a 50 year old retired boxer?  Just to say you beat a 50 year old retired boxer?

If MBJ won, he would look bad because he beat a retired boxer.

If MBJ lost, he would look bad because he lost against a retired boxer.

There's no upside to it.
I can see that. The huge upside though is it has people like us talking about the movie. 

Which I assume was the entire point of all of it. 

Users who are viewing this thread