What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA: Do not eat and throw away all of your romaine lettuce. (1 Viewer)

Da Guru

Fair & Balanced
In all shapes and forms.

By Joel Achenbach and

November 20 at 2:51 PM

Romaine lettuce is unsafe to eat in any form, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday in a broad alert in response to a new outbreak of illnesses caused by a particularly dangerous type of E. coli contamination.

The CDC told consumers to throw away any romaine lettuce they may already have purchased. Restaurants should not serve it, stores should not sell it, and people should not buy it, no matter where or when the lettuce was grown. It doesn’t matter if it is chopped, whole head or part of a mix. All romaine should be avoided.

The CDC alert, issued just two days before Americans sit down for their Thanksgiving dinners, reported that 32 people in 11 states have become sick from eating contaminated romaine. Of those, 13 have been hospitalized, with one patient suffering from a form of kidney failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of all the people that eat romaine lettuce every day, 32 people over the span of almost a month doesn't sound too extreme.  I always figured about that many people get e.coli from lettuce anyways

Of all the people that eat romaine lettuce every day, 32 people over the span of almost a month doesn't sound too extreme.  I always figured about that many people get e.coli from lettuce anyways
Driving to the grocery store to buy lettuce might be more dangerous.

Then you should leaf now. 

P. S.  Lettuce sucks. If I had a nickel for every time I've had to order something with "no lettuce," I would have enough money to buy... some stuff that isn't lettuce. 
:goodposting:

especially something like a buffalo chicken sandwich where they put some giant romaine leaf.  GTFO.  And self removal causes you to lose half your sauce

im ok with some (a little) finely shredded lettuce on a Big Mac or Italian sub but whole leaf lettuce on a sandwich can go to hell

especially something like a buffalo chicken sandwich where they put some giant romaine leaf.  GTFO.  And self removal causes you to lose half your sauce

im ok with some (a little) finely shredded lettuce on a Big Mac or Italian sub but whole leaf lettuce on a sandwich can go to hell
AMEN!!!

Infant, elderly and immune system compromised FBGs aside...Lettuce haters in here clearly haven't enjoyed the next day cleansing benefits of romaine lathered in E. coli  

Last edited by a moderator:
Dickies said:
Unless, of course, you are one of the 32.

Bollocks.

A single cool leaf of iceberg lettuce is an integral textural component of a proper BLT. 

Users who are viewing this thread