What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I’m starting DJ moore over.... (1 Viewer)

packer_junkie

Footballguy
With funchess doubtful- who are you tossing to the bench for Moore?

debating him and Baldwin in one league and him and Brieda/Lockett (return yards) in another.

probably going to start Moore in both 

Funchess is doubtful? 

Edit to say I saw ESPN say he is doubtful.  Interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently debating Moore vs Crowell vs Chris Herndon vs Peyton Barber vs Jimmy Graham for my last flex.

Right now crow is in but I suspect that will change to either Moore or Herndon. 

Not sure yet, but considering him over Sheperd, who is the 3rd option, at best, against the terrible Eagles pass d, or Corey Davis in a tough matchup with a banged up Mariota.

I'm starting him over Shepard and Godwin in a PPR league. I see him as the #1 in that offense (other than MCM of course) as Funchess is just awful. And he's really played well the last few weeks. He's a weekly starter for me from here on out

Chris Carson, AP, Josh Gordon, P Barber, Sutton.

Tough decision, but I just think he has more opportunity to put a legit big game than any of these guys.

Bold on Gronk. He's had almost a month of rest, and owns the Jets traditionally. 

In my league, Moore was started over Robinson(good call) and Landry(not a decision I'd make)
Thursday night went well enough that I may be able to risk putting Gronk back in. We'll see...

With funchess doubtful- who are you tossing to the bench for Moore?
Funchess is doubtful, but Rivera said he expects Torrey Smith to play.  Hopefully Moore plays Funchess' role. I expect Moore, Samuel, Smith, and Wright all to get targets along with Olsen and McCaffrey. Moore and Samuel have proven that they are playmakers that should be on field.

Funchess is doubtful, but Rivera said he expects Torrey Smith to play.  Hopefully Moore plays Funchess' role. I expect Moore, Samuel, Smith, and Wright all to get targets along with Olsen and McCaffrey. Moore and Samuel have proven that they are playmakers that should be on field.
Much like when Olsen was out, Funchess benefited the most, if Funchess is out, I expect Olsen to benefit the most.

Asked in another thread, what does Moore do that Samuel cannot do? What is unique about Samuel’s skill set when compared with Moore?

To me they are fairly interchangeable. Which might make it hard to predict which one will get snaps & targets going forward. The trend is your friend (until it ends) so Moore has been ascending in many minds, but I’m not sure he has separated himself from Samuels (who has been productive in limited snaps.) Seems to me when everyone is healthy these two guys are not especially complementary, they don’t offer balance together because they don’t have distinctly different roles.

Thats my view from afar, would love to hear a home’s take on it.

Asked in another thread, what does Moore do that Samuel cannot do? What is unique about Samuel’s skill set when compared with Moore?

To me they are fairly interchangeable. Which might make it hard to predict which one will get snaps & targets going forward. The trend is your friend (until it ends) so Moore has been ascending in many minds, but I’m not sure he has separated himself from Samuels (who has been productive in limited snaps.) Seems to me when everyone is healthy these two guys are not especially complementary, they don’t offer balance together because they don’t have distinctly different roles.

Thats my view from afar, would love to hear a home’s take on it.
I'm sure another Panther fan can probably be more specific than I, but I'll give it a try. They are both similar. Both can play all three of the WR positions, and both are fast.  I would say Moore is probably a bit better after the catch, and Samuel is a bit better rushing the ball. Both can be hard to bring down once they get going. Moore is a bit more agile going up and catching the ball.  When both are on the field, you don't know which one is going to do what.  I think DJ has gotten more snaps so far this year, because Samuel started the season with a heart problem, and they have been slowly working him in. They both are very good, and will only get better with experience.  Both have also played on special teams, with Samuel playing more on ST since coming back from his heart issue. The Panthers also have specific packages for each player, and Cam has the liberty to change the play at the line if he sees something with the D, or someone else is open. Norv's offense spreads the ball around, and it is just hard to determine who will get the most pie.  Torrey Smith being out forced the Panthers to give Moore and Samuel more playing time, and they have both made cases to being on the field. Since utilizing DJ and Samuel more, the Panthers have been scoring more points. Hopefully that tells the staff something.

simey said:
I'm sure another Panther fan can probably be more specific than I, but I'll give it a try. They are both similar. Both can play all three of the WR positions, and both are fast.  I would say Moore is probably a bit better after the catch, and Samuel is a bit better rushing the ball. Both can be hard to bring down once they get going. Moore is a bit more agile going up and catching the ball.  When both are on the field, you don't know which one is going to do what.  I think DJ has gotten more snaps so far this year, because Samuel started the season with a heart problem, and they have been slowly working him in. They both are very good, and will only get better with experience.  Both have also played on special teams, with Samuel playing more on ST since coming back from his heart issue. The Panthers also have specific packages for each player, and Cam has the liberty to change the play at the line if he sees something with the D, or someone else is open. Norv's offense spreads the ball around, and it is just hard to determine who will get the most pie.  Torrey Smith being out forced the Panthers to give Moore and Samuel more playing time, and they have both made cases to being on the field. Since utilizing DJ and Samuel more, the Panthers have been scoring more points. Hopefully that tells the staff something.
Good posting. I would add that DJ is the far more effective downfield WR, unfortunately Cam has a shoulder issue as evidenced by him being about dead last in longest air yard pass completed this year and can’t make use of that talent. Samual has been far more efficient this year but DJ is getting 3-4 times more snaps. For those starting DJ be aware that your relying on yac. 

leftcoastheel said:
Chris Carson, AP, Josh Gordon, P Barber, Sutton.

Tough decision, but I just think he has more opportunity to put a legit big game than any of these guys.
Worked out. Those are some good players I sat him for (throughout a few leagues, not just one team).

He's a great player.  I think he really emerges next year.  Maybe this year.  I didn't watch the game, but he appears to be the WR1 in CAR. 

You'd have to have a really good alternative option IMO to sit him, esp in PPR.

Users who are viewing this thread