What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Updated 3 Rounds: 2019 Dynasty Drafts Post Combine Rookie Ranking (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Standard PPR leagues, start 1 QB

Obviously post NFL Draft can change this, but this is how I see dynasty drafts before the NFL draft and post combine.

1.01 - N'Keal Harry WR Arizona St.

1.02 - Josh Jacobs RB Alabama

1.03 - D K Metcalf WR Ole Miss

1.04 - A J Brown WR Ole Miss

1.05 - David Montgomery RB Iowa St.

1.06 - Kelvin Harmon WR N C State

1.07 -  Hakeem Butler WR Iowa St.

1.08 - Darrell Henderson RB Memphis 

1.09 - T J Hockenson TE Iowa

1.10 - Noah Fant TE Iowa,

1.11 - Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina

1.12 - Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma

2.01 - Miles Sanders RB Penn St.

2.02 - Damien Harris RB Alabama

2.03 - Irv Smith TE Alabama

2.04 - Riley Ridley WR Georgia 

2.05 - Devin Singletary WR Florida Atlantic

2.06 - Rodney Anderson RB OK

2.07 - J Arcega-Whiteside WR Stanford

2.08 - Andy Issabella WR Umass

2.09 - Kyler Murray QB OK

2.10 - Dwayne Haskins QB OSU

2.11 - Parris Campbell WR OSU

2.12 - Benny Snell Jr RB Kentucky

3.01 - Eligah Holyfield RB Georgia 

3.02 - Bryce Love RB Stanford ( ACL tear drops him)

3.03 - Justice Hill RB OK St.

3.04 - Emanuel Hall WR Missouri

3.05 - Mike Weber RB OSU

3.06 - Stanley Morgan Jr WR Nebraska

3.07 - Anthony Ratliff-Williams WR North Carolina

3.08 - Myles Gaskins RB Washington

3.09 - Trayveon Williams RB Texas AM

3.10 - Drew Lock QB Missouri

3.11 - Terry McLaurin WR OSU

3.12 - Anthony Johnson WR Buffalo

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some other guys I'm watching. Miles Sanders and Zack Moss who is out for the year with a knee injury. If he declares, he falls under the radar.

At TE: Hockenson, maybe irv Smith Jr. but he seems slow. maybe Caleb Wilson but they all probably don't make your top 2 rounds.

I like Fant but I'm not sure why they have been ignoring him of late in the O. He needs to go where they use the TE like a WR cause I don't think he's a great blocker.

Here's some other guys I'm watching. Miles Sanders and Zack Moss who is out for the year with a knee injury. If he declares, he falls under the radar.

At TE: Hockenson, maybe irv Smith Jr. but he seems slow. maybe Caleb Wilson but they all probably don't make your top 2 rounds.

I like Fant but I'm not sure why they have been ignoring him of late in the O. He needs to go where they use the TE like a WR cause I don't think he's a great blocker.
I considered Sanders over Lock at 2.12 but I think others will take Lock even though I think he is overrated.

nice list JU. 

I wouldnt see brown going #1 but I agree with a lot of this list. 
Who do you like at 1.01?  I know a lot depends on landing spots to some folks, but not to others if they feel the talent will overcome a bad landing spot.

Oklahoma WR Brown uncoverable w/ 11-243-2

Oklahoma junior WR Marquise Brown caught 11 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns in Friday's 59-56 win over West Virginia.

You will not see a better game from a receiver than what Brown turned in on Friday. Not only did he repeatedly burn the Mountaineers with his downfield prowess -- he averaged 22.1 yards per reception -- the junior wideout also showed off plenty of shake 'n' bake moves in the open field to gain extra yardage. Draft Twitter was understandably awestruck by this performance, with several analysts writing that Brown would be in the conversation for WR1 should he declare for the draft later this winter. Next up for the red-hot receiver, a Big 12 Championship Game date with Texas.

Who do you like at 1.01?  I know a lot depends on landing spots to some folks, but not to others if they feel the talent will overcome a bad landing spot.
yes. 100% landing spot. I like Harry #1, but its close. I have a feeling he's drafted by Buffalo, which would drop him off my draft board. Brown is good but he doesnt wow me. that could change with a good combine

yes. 100% landing spot. I like Harry #1, but its close. I have a feeling he's drafted by Buffalo, which would drop him off my draft board. Brown is good but he doesnt wow me. that could change with a good combine
Not sure what else Brown has to do to wow.  I worry less about Brown's ability than Harry to be honest.  I worry about Harry's ability to separate.  Much like I do with Metcalf to some degree.

Not sure what else Brown has to do to wow.  I worry less about Brown's ability than Harry to be honest.  I worry about Harry's ability to separate.  Much like I do with Metcalf to some degree.
Honestly, a lot has to do with my own personal preference. I am a sucker for measurables. I'd be happy with brown but I'm not sure he's special. Some of these WRs can be very special. Brown will be a very good WR, possibly a star. I'd be happy to take him and likely will in at least one of my leagues 

Honestly, a lot has to do with my own personal preference. I am a sucker for measurables. I'd be happy with brown but I'm not sure he's special. Some of these WRs can be very special. Brown will be a very good WR, possibly a star. I'd be happy to take him and likely will in one of my leagues 
I was referring to AJ Brown, not Marquise.  Nothing wrong with AJ Brown's size.  As for Marquise Brown, I'm warming up to him despite his weight.   If he lands with a good young QB I'll get even more interested in him.

Nearly positive Hockenson is a sophomore. He looks incredible though, and I think his emergence is a big reason the offense has gone away from Fant lately (though yesterday Fant was behind the defense for a huge gain and the QB overthrew him).

I was referring to AJ Brown, not Marquise.  Nothing wrong with AJ Brown's size.  As for Marquise Brown, I'm warming up to him despite his weight.   If he lands with a good young QB I'll get even more interested in him.
Me too. I admit to being a sucker for size and speed. Harry is 3 inches taller and a heck of a lot faster. So that intrigues me. Brown may very well have the least questionmarks, I agree

Me too. I admit to being a sucker for size and speed. Harry is 3 inches taller and a heck of a lot faster. So that intrigues me. Brown may very well have the least questionmarks, I agree
Harry isn't faster than Brown, or at least not in change of direction.  That's the problem with Harry that could be a problem at the next level.  He's big and tracks the ball and uses his body well, but there are doubters about his ability to separate and his route running.   I'm not saying I'm one of those people, as I have Harry in one devy league, but I'll be watching his results at the combine.  I'm more interested in his cone drills.

Harry isn't faster than Brown, or at least not in change of direction.  That's the problem with Harry that could be a problem at the next level.  He's big and tracks the ball and uses his body well, but there are doubters about his ability to separate and his route running.   I'm not saying I'm one of those people, as I have Harry in one devy league, but I'll be watching his results at the combine.  I'm more interested in his cone drills.
He's Alshon-esque to me in that regard, so what a team would ask him to do/how they plan to use him makes a big difference in my mind (Harry). These are always hard to do so thanks, only one I disagree with heartily is Montgomery who I think will be this years John Kelly and just isn't very good.

He's Alshon-esque to me in that regard, so what a team would ask him to do/how they plan to use him makes a big difference in my mind (Harry). These are always hard to do so thanks, only one I disagree with heartily is Montgomery who I think will be this years John Kelly and just isn't very good.
I didn't rank them where I like them, but rather where I think they will go in the dynasty leagues I'm in.

AJ Brown seems to be the safest WR pick in the draft. I think the floor is high but the ceiling is lower that about 3-4 guys in  this draft. I cant' seem him being a bust if taken in the NFL 1st.  He could have a TJ Howsyourdaddy type stat line for his career which would be solid. I'll most likely swing for the fences like Dr. Dan.

Nearly positive Hockenson is a sophomore. He looks incredible though, and I think his emergence is a big reason the offense has gone away from Fant lately (though yesterday Fant was behind the defense for a huge gain and the QB overthrew him).
Yep. redshirt so he could easily stay because of the talent coming out at TE.

AJ Brown seems to be the safest WR pick in the draft. I think the floor is high but the ceiling is lower that about 3-4 guys in  this draft. I cant' seem him being a bust if taken in the NFL 1st.  He could have a TJ Howsyourdaddy type stat line for his career which would be solid. I'll most likely swing for the fences like Dr. Dan.
I don't understand this comment about Brown.  I think he has stud potential, but I could be wrong.  If he lands on a team with a crappy QB all bets are off.  I guess that could be true about Harry and Metcalf as well.

I don't understand this comment about Brown.  I think he has stud potential, but I could be wrong.  If he lands on a team with a crappy QB all bets are off.  I guess that could be true about Harry and Metcalf as well.
It's true about almost every WR. I mean you go to JAX and your career is down the crapper as long as they have Bortles. The reason I don't think he has stud potential is because of the lack of speed. Harry is a bigger WR but in the same boat. I'm trying to hit a home run and I think Brown is a solid double. I could also be wrong and if he went to SF, man that could draw me to him.  Whoever goes there is taking the #1 spot sooner than later. If he went to IND, I would certainly consider him.

When you take a guy that has a crappy QB situation, you risk a lot because you have to wait for the team to fix that problem and THEN you may have something. I've got that problem in Detroit but I know after watching Golladay haul in bad passes, that he's a stud WR.

Zay Jones is a good example. I was high on him and the Buffalo took him. Crossed him right off the board. We still don't know if he's a good WR or just another guy. I try and avoid those type situations. I was somewhat high on Chark and he went to JAX. I was high on DJ Moore and he went to Carolina.

Added Stanley Morgan Jr (forgot him initially), moved Justice Hill down some, moved Whiteside up 1 and Campbell down 1.  Moved Sills up 1.

Saw this WR ranking and thought it was pretty good.  I think Anthony Johnson is too low however.

N’Keal Harry, Arizona State

A.J. Brown, Mississippi

Marquise Brown, Oklahoma

David Sills V, West Virginia

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford

Parris Campbell, Ohio State

Anthony Johnson, Buffalo

Deebo Samuel, South Carolina

Hakeem Butler, Iowa State

Lil’Jordan Humphrey, Texas

Hi JohnnyU,

Thanks for putting this list together. I am still somewhat of a blank slate in regards to all these players right now.

What is your opinion of Tyler Johnson of the Gophers?

I am not a Gophers fan but my cousin is. I asked him if he thought Johnson was going to be drafted and he thinks Johnson will be a high pick, 1st or 2nd round. He thinks Johnson is better than Eric Decker.

Just curious what others might think of Tyler Johnson and if he is worth mentioning along with these other WR or not.

Hi JohnnyU,

Thanks for putting this list together. I am still somewhat of a blank slate in regards to all these players right now.

I am not a Gophers fan but my cousin is. I asked him if he thought Johnson was going to be drafted and he thinks Johnson will be a high pick, 1st or 2nd round. He thinks Johnson is better than Eric Decker.

Just curious what others might think of Tyler Johnson and if he is worth mentioning along with these other WR or not.
Who? :)

Never heard of him.  You would have to do some googling I suppose.

Good list so far, I have about 30 other names that are on my list to "scout" as well and the fun won't stop there.  Appreciate the top24 of what might be a projected rookie draft.  

JohnnyU said:
Saw this WR ranking and thought it was pretty good.  I think Anthony Johnson is too low however.

N’Keal Harry, Arizona State

A.J. Brown, Mississippi

Marquise Brown, Oklahoma

David Sills V, West Virginia

J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford

Parris Campbell, Ohio State

Anthony Johnson, Buffalo

Deebo Samuel, South Carolina

Hakeem Butler, Iowa State

Lil’Jordan Humphrey, Texas
Having watched a few Texas games this year, I won’t be at all surprised to see Lil’Jordan Humphrey as a riser the closer we get to the draft. He’s made a ton of plays for UT, former HS RB that Tom Herman moved to the slot. He’s made play after play after play, but I make no assertions about route running or a refined game. 

Paris Campbell having a big day.  I love his speed.

who do you like between Campbell and Whiteside?

Hi JohnnyU,

Jerry Rice. ;)  He's the exact same size. Wonder what his 40 is because he plays pretty fast. There's a lot of guys on my list right there at 6'-2" 200 which is a great size for a WR.

Thanks for mentioning this guy. After looking at his highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtgm0DQyeQ I'm wondering why he's never been mentioned anywhere.

The slant. Only 1 year as a starter it looks like but his #s are consistent regardless of opponent. only 1 low stat game. 8-119 vs the Buckeyes.

I would think he returns for his Sr year because of all the guys already coming out and puts up 2 solid years.

I think Mike Weber (and to a lesser extent JK Dobbins) are overrated. I don’t see the appeal for either of them. They don’t take over games, they’re limited in the passing game and I think their measurables will come up somewhat short. I’ve only seen snippets of Holyfield but after watching a career of Weber, I can tell you I’m more excited to see how Holyfield’s measurables shake out.

These are RBs coming out, in no particular order. A lot of guys are the same as far as size.

Josh Jacobs   5'-10" 215
Miles Sanders   5'-11" 215
David Montgomery  5'-11" 220
Zach Moss   5'-10" 215 may returns to school
Darrell Henderson 5'-9"  200
Devin Singletary  5'-9"  201
Elijah Holyfield  5'-11" 215
Justice Hall   5'-11" 205
Dexter Williams   5'-11" 215
Darrin Hall   5'-11" 225
Jalin Moore   5'-11" 205
Bryce Love   5'-10" 205
Rodney Anderson   5'-11" 227
Damien Harris   6'-0"  233
Benny Snell Jr   5'-11" 213
L.J.scott   6'-1"  215

If KC drafts a RB early = 1.01
If KC drafts Harris or Snell I don't think I would take either at 1.01 and I love Snell.  I love him as a value draft pick, not a 1.01.  If the Chiefs draft Montgomery then he's in the conversation for 1.01.

Users who are viewing this thread