Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

He’s the last WR standing, no way we play this one? Once the league starts going 2 weeks off for teams I think the season will begin unraveling unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

He’s the last WR standing, no way we play this one? Once the league starts going 2 weeks off for teams I think the season will begin unraveling unfortunately. 

I agree.  Unfortunately I badly need him to play with Julio going down again, but I feel like the COVID thread has been tugged on a little to tightly here and this could all unravel real quick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Practice will be a walk through so he probably will do the minimum and then got treatment, reviewed by a doc in an expected fashion; I wouldn't read too much into limited participant on injury report posted

Edited by Bri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, -jb- said:

Can’t imagine that they play this weekend. 

 

19 hours ago, candian fantasy guy said:

Sure does look bad for this game now. 

"I’m told by #Titans and #Bills players they were told there is an option of playing their Sunday game on Monday or Tuesday in Nashville. If that happens, Thursday night’s game between the Chiefs at Bills would be moved to Saturday. This all just being discussed."

Russini

and then there is THIS Mort Tweet that Bills players would not their GAME CHECKS if they cannot play this weekend and I would be irate if I were a Buffalo Bills player. 

Edited by Ministry of Pain
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw today that AJ Brown had a deleted tweet wherein he stupidly denied being at the Titans secret practice in a way that made it very clear he was there.

Now I'm worried he caught the virus just like Corey Davis and Adam Humphries did.

And if he didn't, I'm worried he'll be suspended even if the team plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ATB said:

Saw today that AJ Brown had a deleted tweet wherein he stupidly denied being at the Titans secret practice in a way that made it very clear he was there.

Now I'm worried he caught the virus just like Corey Davis and Adam Humphries did.

And if he didn't, I'm worried he'll be suspended even if the team plays. 

Where’d you see that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATB said:

Saw today that AJ Brown had a deleted tweet wherein he stupidly denied being at the Titans secret practice in a way that made it very clear he was there.

Now I'm worried he caught the virus just like Corey Davis and Adam Humphries did.

And if he didn't, I'm worried he'll be suspended even if the team plays. 

Maybe this will increase the odds of a complete recovery from his knee issue whenever he does return. Secret practicing is not the same as playing in NFL games. Need AJB at full strength for back-half of this season and fantasy playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Titans WR A.J. Brown (knee) was limited at practice Friday. 

Brown is widely expected to finally return this week against the Bills. He left the Titans' season opener with a bad bone bruise. If the Titans-Bills game is played Tuesday -- a big if -- Brown is a good bet for lots of targets against a Buffalo secondary that might be without superstar CB Tre'Davious White (back). Tennessee will be without Corey Davis, one of many Titans to land on the COVID-19 list this week. Brown should be in all fantasy lineups if he's active. 

RELATED: 

Corey Davis

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Oct 9, 2020, 3:05 PM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you go by the reports, he's essentially put in like 6 straight "Limited" tags. He looks like he's a go for Tuesday with no Tre'Davious White/Levi Wallace OR Adam Humphries and Corey Davis? Noice!

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Frankman said:

If you go by the reports, he's essentially put in like 6 straight "Limited" tags. He looks like he's a go for Tuesday with no Tre'Davious White/Levi Wallace OR Adam Humphries and Corey Davis? Noice!

I am just worried about the game getting canceled.  I also have Tannehill and would love to play both, but if I do and the Titans get more infections I get zeros from two positions.  Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GoBirds said:

We feel good that if the game is played he’s a full go?

>> The @Titans  are back in the facility and scheduled to practice later today. Zoom call with HC Mike Vrabel set for 11 am in Nashville, followed by video CCs with players. Updates to follow.<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1314930258844549125

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoBeDad said:

>> The @Titans  are back in the facility and scheduled to practice later today. Zoom call with HC Mike Vrabel set for 11 am in Nashville, followed by video CCs with players. Updates to follow.<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1314930258844549125

 

good info. thanx!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a poor report.

He's been getting treatment and they're going to work him in (rejoin the 1s) and see how it goes the next couple days.

Watch the video if necessary. 

People need to stop talking like this was a hammy or somesuch. It's a bruise, a wicked bruise, and has just been about healing, pain tolerance, and risk of future injury. 

Today is a walk through so don't be surprised he walks well 😉 and get all excited.

Tomorrow Vrabel is hoping for some speed he was not sure full or jog. 

AJs missed out on trainers working him back increasing strenuous activity to test things. I would guess they do some today, privately, after practice. If they can get him on that water treadmill and doing some cuts in the bubble that would be a good sign but that'll be after the practice report and probably private.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've talked about how he struggles against top corners. Are you gonna start him against White? It might be raining too.

I'm just sticking with how I've been for FF and it doesn't seem reasonable to wait n hope here. Tuesday?

Just hope he gets work in and you can use him next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bri said:

We've talked about how he struggles against top corners. Are you gonna start him against White? It might be raining too.

I'm just sticking with how I've been for FF and it doesn't seem reasonable to wait n hope here. Tuesday?

Just hope he gets work in and you can use him next week

Is White even going to play ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dez said:

Is White even going to play ?

White hasn't practiced all week with a bad back. He has less chance of playing than Brown.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White's down and Corey and Humphries got the Covid. I'm not a even a big AJ Brown guy, just ended up with him a few places because that's how the cookie crumbled, but assuming the game goes off I'd fire up AJ Brown with a strong degree of confidence.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Frankman said:

White hasn't practiced all week with a bad back. He has less chance of playing than Brown.

Well that stinks for FF then ....hmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to start him but waiting until Tuesday to find out if they will play when I got Deebo, Ceedee, McClaurin, Jeudy and I am starting (no choice) Jonnu at TE, I can't risk losing 2 spots.  Playing McClaurin and CeeDee this week and won't cry if AJ has a big game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah what do you guys think, being a Tuesday game if there are any setbacks we are in a pinch....do we roll him out? I don’t have another top 30 option so it would be a step down, I’m hoping a bone bruise is not something you reinjure like a hamstring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Yeah what do you guys think, being a Tuesday game if there are any setbacks we are in a pinch....do we roll him out? I don’t have another top 30 option so it would be a step down, I’m hoping a bone bruise is not something you reinjure like a hamstring?

I will likely chance it and roll him out. With Julio out (or a very best really hobbled) I need upside not floor. So it’s either Tim Patrick or AJB.  The full practice and plus matchup has me feeling positive, I’m more worried about a game cancellation then his health.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Yeah what do you guys think, being a Tuesday game if there are any setbacks we are in a pinch....do we roll him out? I don’t have another top 30 option so it would be a step down, I’m hoping a bone bruise is not something you reinjure like a hamstring?

Its a good question. I am not entirely sure.

The bone bruise is because some bone or cartilage has mixed in with where the muscles are, causing inflammation and pain that limits what the person could normally do.

Here is an article that talks about risk factors.

Quote

• Not appropriately resting muscle after a bruise or muscle strain, thus causing repetitive injury to the injured muscle.
• Not taking measures to reduce inflammation and swelling in the injured muscle, including not icing or applying compression.
• Intensive stretching, therapy, or massage after an injury are thought to increase bleeding into the muscle and inhibit healing, thus leading to myositis ossificans.
• Premature return to sport.
• Re-injury to the same area as a previous injury.

You have to assume their medical staff won't let him play if there are risks of reinjury beyond the normal risks of playing football. Of course we know that some times they rush players back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, menobrown said:

White's down and Corey and Humphries got the Covid. I'm not a even a big AJ Brown guy, just ended up with him a few places because that's how the cookie crumbled, but assuming the game goes off I'd fire up AJ Brown with a strong degree of confidence.

I agree with the analysis.  As much out of necessity as "riverboat gambling", I've got him in my lineup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, candian fantasy guy said:

and that's the sound of brakes screeching as the Titans get yet another positive test! UGH!

I saw your post just a couple minutes after you posted and have been talking amongst the leagues the last 45, I'm not even sure I know who is in and out or playing or not playing this week. 

Titans and Pats have been Postponed, that was the word I heard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

I saw your post just a couple minutes after you posted and have been talking amongst the leagues the last 45, I'm not even sure I know who is in and out or playing or not playing this week. 

Titans and Pats have been Postponed, that was the word I heard.

Over Several leagues, I have a variance of Brown or J Smith. With no contingency options in these big tournament style leagues, I am going to be chewing on this one until kickoff today. I do have T Smith in a couple of them, so I do have an option tomorrow. The rest, with no other viable options, I may have to go with safer guys like J Jeudy, S Watkins, R Cobb or N Hines. Sample or Olsen for J Smith in an other ... It's a little rough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, candian fantasy guy said:

Over Several leagues, I have a variance of Brown or J Smith. With no contingency options in these big tournament style leagues, I am going to be chewing on this one until kickoff today. I do have T Smith in a couple of them, so I do have an option tomorrow. The rest, with no other viable options, I may have to go with safer guys like J Jeudy, S Watkins, R Cobb or N Hines. Sample or Olsen for J Smith in an other ... It's a little rough!

Jeudy isn't safe.  Broncos-Pats postponed from this week.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had him in my lineup but I am going to pull him for Gage because there is no Covid plan and I am getting nervous.  With such uncertainty it would be nice to designate a contingency plan like people are suggesting in the Covid thread. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yoman said:

I had him in my lineup but I am going to pull him for Gage because there is no Covid plan and I am getting nervous.  With such uncertainty it would be nice to designate a contingency plan like people are suggesting in the Covid thread. 

As a league commissioner we enacted a designated player for last weeks NE - KC game and 4 teams with Mahomes, C H-E, Kelce, and Hill with designated players in case the game was not played. It was, bullet dodged. Now we have TEN - BUF scheduled yet.. so ... so far Singletary, Allen, and AJ Brown are designated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My league voted down a designated sub replacement rule (3 people said no). So now I'm forced to bench AJ Brown in a smash spot because I don't know if the Titans will play. They need 2 days of negative tests and I can't take the risk of a zero... benching him for Sammy Watkins.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

My league voted down a designated sub replacement rule (3 people said no). So now I'm forced to bench AJ Brown in a smash spot because I don't know if the Titans will play. They need 2 days of negative tests and I can't take the risk of a zero... benching him for Sammy Watkins.

Why? Its not like that benefits just one owner/team. You need a better league brother. Sorry you are forced to make a decision you shouldn't have to make under these circumstances...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Frankman said:

My league voted down a designated sub replacement rule (3 people said no). So now I'm forced to bench AJ Brown in a smash spot because I don't know if the Titans will play. They need 2 days of negative tests and I can't take the risk of a zero... benching him for Sammy Watkins.

Those 3 teams probably didn't need it - and the commish could have overruled it. The designated rule in case the game doesn't go on makes too much sense. REVOTE!

EDIT: AJ Brown and designate with S Watkins in case the game gets postponed.

The other issue with AJ Brown is still the Q status. So I ended up picking up E Sanders on MNF as my designated player for AJ. I bought a lil more time if need be.

Edited by Team Smokin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Those 3 teams probably didn't need it - and the commish could have overruled it. The designated rule in case the game doesn't go on makes too much sense. REVOTE!

EDIT: AJ Brown and designate with S Watkins in case the game gets postponed.

The other issue with AJ Brown is still the Q status. So I ended up picking up E Sanders on MNF as my designated player for AJ. I bought a lil more time if need be.

What if the game is played but AJ brown doesn’t play.

Does your rule cover that?

Im fine with rule changes, I just think it’s silly so many leagues are making changes mid season on the fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

What if the game is played but AJ brown doesn’t play.

Does your rule cover that?

Im fine with rule changes, I just think it’s silly so many leagues are making changes mid season on the fly.

If AJ doesn't play because he's injured or held out, then that is just fantasy football. So start accordingly or roll the dice a lil.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hispeedthinmint said:

I'm taking a calculated risk & rolling him out

I am as well and hedging with E Sanders as my designated player in case the game is canceled buying time.

So, it adds a whole nother strategy dimension or two to managing a team.

It's a calculated risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hispeedthinmint said:

My backup plan is drop A. Brown & pick up Kyle Rudolph to play in place of AJB. WW is bare with deep benches in this dynasty.

I like the calculated risk with A J Brown.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Paul Kuharsky

⁦‪@PaulKuharskyNFL⁩

.⁦‪@Brown1arthur⁩ and ⁦‪@TaylorLewan77⁩ WILL play for the #Titans tonight.

 

10/13/20, 8:06 AM

 

:football:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

TRE'DAVIOUS WHITEDB, BUFFALO BILLS

Bills CB Tre'Davious White (back) didn't practice Friday. 

White has missed every practice this week. Probably it's only a matter of time before the Bills declare him out for Tuesday's game against the Titans. A Buffalo secondary without White would be a major boon for A.J. Brown in Week 5. 

 

Waiting to hear on White but that would be big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 11:18 AM, ffmail4me said:

Why? Its not like that benefits just one owner/team. You need a better league brother. Sorry you are forced to make a decision you shouldn't have to make under these circumstances...

... is that you Ubertag?

On 10/11/2020 at 12:13 PM, Team Smokin' said:

Those 3 teams probably didn't need it - and the commish could have overruled it. The designated rule in case the game doesn't go on makes too much sense. REVOTE!

EDIT: AJ Brown and designate with S Watkins in case the game gets postponed.

The other issue with AJ Brown is still the Q status. So I ended up picking up E Sanders on MNF as my designated player for AJ. I bought a lil more time if need be.

I am the commish. I can't overrule because rule changes midseason must be unanimous, it's in the league charter.

On 10/11/2020 at 12:34 PM, VikingFrog said:

What if the game is played but AJ brown doesn’t play.

Does your rule cover that?

Im fine with rule changes, I just think it’s silly so many leagues are making changes mid season on the fly.

Yes. For clarity:

  • You have to designate the Sub BEFORE games start Sunday at 1pm EST.
  • The possibly subbed player must be in a spot that can accept him (if you want to sub a RB for a WR, the WR must be in a spot that can handle the RB like the W/R/T Flex spot, we use 2 flex spots in our league)
  • Subs can only be used for Monday-Tuesday games at risk of being postponed
  • If the game is played but the guy gets injured... tough. The sub is only used if the game is postponed off the week, not for injury.
  • If the game is played... nothing happens, life goes on.

 

You've got to be flexible in these situation because this NFL season is all about flexibility. I think it's silly to be rigid and not adjust to the times. Needless to say, the main person who dissented was facing me this week and wanted as easy a win against me this week as possible, eff the league. He won't be back next year.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played Shenault this week in lieu of having this game play or not be played, happy with the results, AJB would need 15+ to beat his production and about 25+ before I would get my feelings hurt. Just want to see him play, not look injured or gimpy and connect on plays with Tannehill. Tough match up tonight, just want to see him active, in the game plan and making progress towards next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

I played Shenault this week in lieu of having this game play or not be played, happy with the results, AJB would need 15+ to beat his production and about 25+ before I would get my feelings hurt. Just want to see him play, not look injured or gimpy and connect on plays with Tannehill. Tough match up tonight, just want to see him active, in the game plan and making progress towards next week. 

I'd expect the Bills to bracket AJ and play man with the other two guys with maybe a safety high on Raymond. If Jonnu and/or Henry start balling out early, Bills are in trouble.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Rotoworld:

Quote

Titans insider Paul Kuharsky reports A.J. Brown (knee) is expected to play in Week 5 against the Bills.

As is LT Taylor Lewan. It will be Browns first appearance since he initially suffered his bone bruise in Week 1. There are usually concerns with Brown's volume in Tennessee's run-heavy offense, but that won't be an issue Tuesday night since the team will be absent both Corey Davis and Adam Humphries (COVID list). Kalif Raymond and Nick Westbrook are expected to round out the rest of the team's receiving corps.

SOURCE: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter

Oct 13, 2020, 9:57 AM ET

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just glad Jonnu and Henry are playing to take at least some of the defensive attention. If those guys can get going then the Bills have to start leaving Brown in single-coverage. 

I don't expect for him to get off to a good start tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Tre White tonight, fam.  LFG.

 

PS Brown is active.  I may have buried the lede a bit.

Edited by Buck Bradcanon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.