What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help: Gonna Nix A Deal, But Need Dues Paid First! (1 Viewer)

Would It Be Wrong For Me To Do This?

• Total voters

the lone star

Footballguy
So I am the commish in a dynasty league and two teams have agreed to a trade. Personally, I don't think the trade is that even (I'll refrain from giving the exact deal because I know people in my league are on here too), so I want to nix it.

But one of the teams has only paid half his dues for the season, and the date for submitting dues for this upcoming season was like 6 weeks ago.

If I nix the deal now, I think I may not receive payment at all, which would deprive many people of their proper payouts. I've played in a few leagues where that has happened, and it is always so aggravating. 

So would it be fair game for me to ask the owner to pay the remaining half now, and then never actually process the trade?

Last edited by a moderator:
the lone star said:
So I am the commish in a dynasty league and two teams have agreed to a trade. Personally, I don't think the trade is that even (I'll refrain from giving the exact deal because I know people in my league are on here too), so I want to nix it.

But one of the teams has only paid half his dues for the season, and the date for submitting dues for this upcoming season was like 6 weeks ago.

If I nix the deal now, I think I may not receive payment at all, which would deprive many people of their proper payouts. I've played in a few leagues where that has happened, and it is always so aggravating. 

So would it be fair game for me to ask the owner to pay the remaining half now, and then never actually process the trade?
Why in the world would anyone play in a league with you, especially as a commissioner? 

This is terrible commissioning.  First off, you don't "nix" a deal just because you think it may be unfair.  All deals go through unless you know there is collusion.  All deals are skewed or they wouldn't happen.  They are just skewed in the eye of the beholder.  Let the owners manage their teams as they see fit. 

For the money part, if you have a deadline and the team is past the deadline you have every right to demand that they pay right away.  As a commish, collecting fees is the crappiest part of the job and if you let teams take advantage they will and it will only get worse.  We actually put in a rule (voted in unanimously) that if you don't pay by a certain date you lose your highest draft pick the following season.  Only had to be invoked once and the guy blew a gasket saying I was being unfair when the rule was voted in by the entire league unanimously (including him).  It wasn't like the deadline was a secret and he was even given a couple month grace period and still was late with no communication.  Just a bad situation all around. 

My league makes it so that if you don't pay your dues, your entire lineup is locked–no trades, no waiver wire, no setting your lineup.

What's the by-laws say?  If no by-laws then should def make sure to create them (w/league approval) & put in a statement on no trades etc... until owners fees are paid in full

What's the by-laws say?  If no by-laws then should def make sure to create them (w/league approval) & put in a statement on no trades etc... until owners fees are paid in full
No bylaws.

BTW, I didn't go through with this. I just processed the trade, and let things play out from there.

Users who are viewing this thread