What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Opinions on Gun theft in neighborhood (1 Viewer)

matuski

Footballguy
Neighbor has a .38 revolver stolen from his Jeep, claims to have a go pro cam of thief, claims it is a minor.

Posts it on Facebook, won't reveal details.

Thoughts?  Where does your brain go from here, what questions are you asking?

eta - He is "trying to give the person a chance to return gun and not do time".

Last edited by a moderator:
Dis a white kid right? 

Because if it’s a brother I’d just say let ‘em do the time, won’t be his last, needs to learn it ain’t that bad.

But white kid who is gonna to a directional state school in two years? Sheeet we cannot let that happen.

It’s BS and he just wants people to know he has a gun. 

If it was really theft and he really has footage and hasn’t gone to the cops, he’s a moron teetering on the edge of doing a ton of time. 

BobbyLayne said:
Dis a white kid right? 

Because if it’s a brother I’d just say let ‘em do the time, won’t be his last, needs to learn it ain’t that bad.

But white kid who is gonna to a directional state school in two years? Sheeet we cannot let that happen.
Someone was drinking last night at 1am 

It’s BS and he just wants people to know he has a gun. 

If it was really theft and he really has footage and hasn’t gone to the cops, he’s a moron teetering on the edge of doing a ton of time. 
Posting video of a crime committed against you is worthy of a ton of time now? :confused:  

Posting video of a crime committed against you is worthy of a ton of time now? :confused:  
If I’m reading correctly, he didn’t post a video of the crime, just that he has video of the crime. 

If he knows who has the gun or has evidence (video) of who has the gun, he needs to turn it over. In the meantime theres allegedly a minor running around with a stolen gun.  What if that person decides to use it?

My first reaction to this was - "Jeep seems a great place to store a gun."
Tuffy lock boxes work great for this, but I agree that leaving a gun unsecured in a jeep is absolutely stupid at the very least and criminally negligent at the worst. 

As of now he has not returned to post an update, clarify a contradiction he made, or let us know what actions he has taken.

#### this guy.

His original post makes a big deal about having a video (a "GoPro" of the person), "I know who it is...", implies heavily that we should all talk to our kids so "another kid doesn't get hurt"... but then posted he doesn't know if it is a local or a stranger?  :confused:

I'm starting to think this guy is full of ####.  I believe his gun was stolen, I don't believe he has a "GoPro" of him, I don't believe he knows who it is.  Just bluffing - but now he has the neighborhood in a pandemonium about letting their kids go to school.

My nextdoor neighbor is keeping her kids home, which has started a string up and down the street.  Had to take the kids myself this morning, wife was refusing.

Also - nice touch by the mods last night to delete my follow up post cussing the guy out, but leaving all the shark pool posts smart assery. :lmao:

As of now he has not returned to post an update, clarify a contradiction he made, or let us know what actions he has taken.

#### this guy.

His original post makes a big deal about having a video (a "GoPro" of the person), "I know who it is...", implies heavily that we should all talk to our kids so "another kid doesn't get hurt"... but then posted he doesn't know if it is a local or a stranger?  :confused:

I'm starting to think this guy is full of ####.  I believe his gun was stolen, I don't believe he has a "GoPro" of him, I don't believe he knows who it is.  Just bluffing - but now he has the neighborhood in a pandemonium about letting their kids go to school.

My nextdoor neighbor is keeping her kids home, which has started a string up and down the street.  Had to take the kids myself this morning, wife was refusing.
He's gonna be in some trouble soon I bet.

This is why all these idiots shouldn’t be allowed to have guns. 
Careful - some of the older folks you now manage probably have guns too........... 😃

Unfortunately, societal freedoms aren't just for the smart.. which is why people who have no way to support their offspring have kids as well.  Unfortunately, unless we get rid of guns altogether, (which I personally do not see as a viable solution) , we do not have a good way to decide who the "idiots" are..........

i am starting to wonder if this so called jeep even had a lift kit at all take that to the bank brohans 

wait do we even know if it was a real jeep or was it just a liberty or something like that matusky you have to post the details that matter in stories like these take that to the bank brochachos
I didn't mean to hit sad I tried to hit like friends and it just came out brohan

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
why would he have 'go pro' of the incident? I dont think they can record on motion, so he would have to have the camera on and recording before and during the incident. 

why would he have 'go pro' of the incident? I dont think they can record on motion, so he would have to have the camera on and recording before and during the incident. 
brohan when you drive a jeep you keep that baby under video survellance 24 7 and if someone asks you say its a jeep thing super seriously and then start talking about winch kits take that to the bank bromigo 

Here’s a guide for ya Tubby:

sat·ire
noun /ˈsaˌtīr/ 
The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Recognizing satire primarily relies on the reader noticing an absurd statement or idea, and having enough respect for the author to understand that the absurdity is being manufactured purposely, with the intent of criticizing an opponent. This of course is complicated if the author is writing in an environment which is saturated by absurd individuals. In order to combat this, the author must make statements which are over-the-top absurd, to distinguish himself as a satirist.

Yup. :popcorn:  

@Zow Thought's on setting up an alibi like this before your "stolen" gun is used in a homicide? Immediately makes it a 1st degree murder, right?
Ummm... 

1. I guess this would be a way to set up an alibi.  Seems pretty dumb on its face though since it drew a bunch of attention to himself.  He'd have probably been better off just reporting it stolen. That said, though, most homicides aren't this sophisticated in that there's some elaborate scheme or plan. 

2. I'm not entirely certain how to interpret your question but what makes a particular homicide first degree murder depends solely on the first degree murder statute in the jurisdiction where the offense took place.  Since I don't know where Matuski lives I can't answer that question. 

:lmao:  Driving back into my neighborhood just now, about a dozen kids outside running around.  Wouldn't let them go to school, but sends them out on the very street the gun went missing!

I was under the impression that gun owners were legally required to report a lost or stolen firearm. 

If so, seems like an annonymous report to the police of the social media posting could be in order.

I was under the impression that gun owners were legally required to report a lost or stolen firearm. 

If so, seems like an annonymous report to the police of the social media posting could be in order.
He did report it, so he did something right.

A mom took the facebook post, printed it out, took it to all 5 school principles in the area.... some serious faux pandemonium going on. 

Her son is running around outside my house right now. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread