What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Changing QB situations for 2019 (1 Viewer)

Steelers4Life

Footballguy
Maybe it's more normal than I think, but there seems to be a bigger than normal number of QB situations that look like they'll be changing or murky heading into 2019, which could be a big opportunity for people in Superflex leagues if they can land a future starting QB relatively cheaply.

• Jacksonville - Clearly want to move on from Bortles
  • NY Giants - Who'll replace Eli?
  • Cincinnati - They can save a lot by releasing Dalton, and they can't win with him
  • Tampa Bay - Will they stick with Winston?
  • Miami - Will they want Tannehill leading the offense again?
  • Oakland - Rumors that they might move on from Carr, but I assume he'd land on his feet somewhere
  • Washington - Lots of risk that Smith can't make it back
  • Denver - Keenum is only signed for one more year
With this looking like an exceptionally weak QB class, where do all these teams go to address their QB situation?

Two guys who jump out to me are:

• Teddy Bridgewater - UFA, and unless Brees retires or he thinks it'd be a good idea to continue to hold a clipboard, he's going to have a few suitors to choose from as a 26 year old.
  • Jacoby Brissett - Only under contract for one more year with Indy, and now that Luck is healthy, they'll have to consider moving him. He looked a little raw in 2017, but as a guy that young who had no offseason with the team, I thought he performed very well. He'll be 25.
Who's out there who's not a starter right now but might be by the time the 2019 rolls around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelers4Life said:
Maybe it's more normal than I think, but there seems to be a bigger than normal number of QB situations that look like they'll be changing or murky heading into 2019, which could be a big opportunity for people in Superflex leagues if they can land a future starting QB relatively cheaply.

• Jacksonville - Clearly want to move on from Bortles
  • NY Giants - Who'll replace Eli?
  • Cincinnati - They can save a lot by releasing Dalton, and they can't win with him
  • Tampa Bay - Will they stick with Winston?
  • Miami - Will they want Tannehill leading the offense again?
  • Oakland - Rumors that they might move on from Carr, but I assume he'd land on his feet somewhere
  • Washington - Lots of risk that Smith can't make it back
  • Denver - Keenum is only signed for one more year
With this looking like an exceptionally weak QB class, where do all these teams go to address their QB situation?

Two guys who jump out to me are:

• Teddy Bridgewater - UFA, and unless Brees retires or he thinks it'd be a good idea to continue to hold a clipboard, he's going to have a few suitors to choose from as a 26 year old.
  • Jacoby Brissett - Only under contract for one more year with Indy, and now that Luck is healthy, they'll have to consider moving him. He looked a little raw in 2017, but as a guy that young who had no offseason with the team, I thought he performed very well. He'll be 25.
Who's out there who's not a starter right now but might be by the time the 2019 rolls around?
Jax:  Yes
NYG:  Draft one
Cinci:  Prob stick with Dalton
TB:  Winston for sure
Miami:  Seems like they wanna keep rolling with Tanny.  Might draft one to develop.
Oak:  Sticking with Carr
Wash:  Yes
Denver:  Could re-sign keenum.

Don't think there will be as many open jobs as you think.  But ya that list of possible current players coming in is quite bad.  Maybe could add Foles to this list too.

I could see the Giants sticking with Eli for another year. They're not going to sign a splashy free agent, so even if they draft a QB in the 1st round, there's a good chance that he won't be game-ready by Week 1, so you may as well keep Eli around while the kid gets up to speed.

Lamar Jackson is getting an extended audition in Baltimore. If he does well, then Flacco could be gone.

Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold and Josh Allen have all been underwhelming. I'm not saying that their teams should give up on them, but I won't be surprised if they sign a competent veteran to compete with the 2nd year guys.

Lack of options will force some of those teams to stick with status quo. Can’t just move on if there’s no one to move on to.

Lamar Jackson is getting an extended audition in Baltimore. If he does well, then Flacco could be gone.
Flacco to Jacksonville could actually be alright but they'd have to find a way to work that contract. He is not worth the $22M.

Lack of options will force some of those teams to stick with status quo. Can’t just move on if there’s no one to move on to.
That's a big problem. I could see the Raiders trading Carr to Wash. Cause Gruden will want to show everyone how great he is at drafting a QB. So he'll draft 3 of them. The rest will stick where they are or shuffle around and keep these teams mediocre.

Chase Daniel maybe, not sure of his contact situation.  McCown and Fitzpatrick could be in demand  b/c of lack of supply but that's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Dalton doesn't get any respect, and some of that is deserved.  I have always said he doesn't have the capacity to be an elite QB.  An elite QB in my mind elevates the play of players around them and makes things happen even when they aren't surrounded by the best talent.  Andy Dalton will never be that guy, but he is a very capable QB and I think he was successful at the beginning of the season because he was getting the ball out so quickly, compensatiing for a porous offensive line.  I believe he was second only to Rodgers in time to release.

But what happens in the NFL, and the problem the Bengals have had for as long as I can remember, is that teams start to adjust to that.  Losing a couple key offensive weapons doesn't help, but defenses adjust, and the Bengals should try to find a way to make counter-adjusments.  They never do.  Not in game.  Not in season.  They basically have game flow dictated to them, and they NEVER dictate a game flow.  Maybe its my bitter cincy fan bias, but I can't remember them putting together a complete game in the last 3 seasons.  They just don't make adjustments, and that is the reason why I believe the coaching staff is to blame for their mediocrity, not Andy Dalton.

Now, given that contract, and the fact that Mike Brown is one of the most loyal owners in the NFL, I think Dalton is starting for them week 1 next year barring injury.  They won't draft a QB.  They won't sign a big free agent.  Jeff Driskel is probably not the answer, though I do like his grit.

Nope.  Us poor Bengals fans are stuck with Marvin/Hue/Dalton for at least one more year.  It might be good enough to get them another first round playoff loss, if we're lucky next year. 

Dalton doesn't get any respect, and some of that is deserved.  I have always said he doesn't have the capacity to be an elite QB.  An elite QB in my mind elevates the play of players around them and makes things happen even when they aren't surrounded by the best talent.  Andy Dalton will never be that guy, but he is a very capable QB and I think he was successful at the beginning of the season because he was getting the ball out so quickly, compensatiing for a porous offensive line.  I believe he was second only to Rodgers in time to release.

But what happens in the NFL, and the problem the Bengals have had for as long as I can remember, is that teams start to adjust to that.  Losing a couple key offensive weapons doesn't help, but defenses adjust, and the Bengals should try to find a way to make counter-adjusments.  They never do.  Not in game.  Not in season.  They basically have game flow dictated to them, and they NEVER dictate a game flow.  Maybe its my bitter cincy fan bias, but I can't remember them putting together a complete game in the last 3 seasons.  They just don't make adjustments, and that is the reason why I believe the coaching staff is to blame for their mediocrity, not Andy Dalton.

Now, given that contract, and the fact that Mike Brown is one of the most loyal owners in the NFL, I think Dalton is starting for them week 1 next year barring injury.  They won't draft a QB.  They won't sign a big free agent.  Jeff Driskel is probably not the answer, though I do like his grit.

Nope.  Us poor Bengals fans are stuck with Marvin/Hue/Dalton for at least one more year.  It might be good enough to get them another first round playoff loss, if we're lucky next year. 
I think Jags are .500 this year at worst with Dalton. He'd be a solid get for them. To think, the WRs on that team, solid ground game, great D, and the front office Bortled it.

RGlll might get a new lease on life.  BAL is obviously going to transition in the near future to Jackson (which will last long enough to figure out that he isn’t a NFL passer) and RGlll outplayed Jackson by a bit of a margin in preseason.  Maybe he’s figuring out how to be a NFL QB.

RGlll might get a new lease on life.  BAL is obviously going to transition in the near future to Jackson (which will last long enough to figure out that he isn’t a NFL passer) and RGlll outplayed Jackson by a bit of a margin in preseason.  Maybe he’s figuring out how to be a NFL QB.
I agree. Kind of doubt he'll get a starting gig, but I can see him getting a backup job with a chance to compete.  Seemed to really humble himself and change his attitude.

Jax:  Yes
NYG:  Draft one
Cinci:  Prob stick with Dalton
TB:  Winston for sure
Miami:  Seems like they wanna keep rolling with Tanny.  Might draft one to develop.
Oak:  Sticking with Carr
Wash:  Yes
Denver:  Could re-sign keenum.

Don't think there will be as many open jobs as you think.  But ya that list of possible current players coming in is quite bad.  Maybe could add Foles to this list too.
Entirely possible, like I said.  Maybe there's little to no turnover.

But, I can definitely see a scenario where the Giants say it's better value to sign a guy like Bridgewater who's ready to step in and utilize the talent around him and then use the pick on a "better" player rather than reaching for a QB.  Same with Jacksonville.  

Not sure of the cap ramifications of the Redskins moving on from Smith, but wouldn't it be ironic to see Bridgewater take over for a guy who suffered a catastrophic injury?

Not sure it's a foregone conclusion that the Bucs stick with Winston or the Raiders stick with Carr. Gruden and Carr seem to butt heads a lot and there's very little talent to work with for any QB. Why wouldn't they at least consider cashing in and building up the roster?

I understand the sentiment that the Bengals will probably stick with Dalton. But I think I read somewhere that they'd save $16M by releasing him... that's gotta be tempting for a guy who isn't going to lead them anywhere, loyalty or not.

What makes you think Tannehill is automatically the guy in Miami next year? That's been a pretty long experiment and it's not really going anywhere.

Denver won't have to re-sign Keenum… he's under contract for 2019 I think. But will Elway pass on someone better if he sees a "QB of the future?"

At minimum, there's a chance at a lot of changes. Don't know what'll happen and what won't.

But, I can definitely see a scenario where the Giants say it's better value to sign a guy like Bridgewater who's ready to step in and utilize the talent around him and then use the pick on a "better" player rather than reaching for a QB.  Same with Jacksonville.  

Not sure of the cap ramifications of the Redskins moving on from Smith, but wouldn't it be ironic to see Bridgewater take over for a guy who suffered a catastrophic injury?

Not sure it's a foregone conclusion that the Bucs stick with Winston or the Raiders stick with Carr. Gruden and Carr seem to butt heads a lot and there's very little talent to work with for any QB. Why wouldn't they at least consider cashing in and building up the roster?

I understand the sentiment that the Bengals will probably stick with Dalton. But I think I read somewhere that they'd save $16M by releasing him... that's gotta be tempting for a guy who isn't going to lead them anywhere, loyalty or not.

What makes you think Tannehill is automatically the guy in Miami next year? That's been a pretty long experiment and it's not really going anywhere.

Denver won't have to re-sign Keenum… he's under contract for 2019 I think. But will Elway pass on someone better if he sees a "QB of the future?"

At minimum, there's a chance at a lot of changes. Don't know what'll happen and what won't.
I guess I just don't see the value in Bridgewater much as a franchise qb. If there's any way this league is going, it's even more "you need a franchise qb" than its ever been.  If you're the giants and jags, and it's looking like you probably won't be a contender next year, I think you swing for one in the draft. 

Carr and Gruden have been reported as having issues, and also reported as having a great relationship that will be long lasting.  No clue what's going on there.  I would think he gets another year as the starter for sure, and if no big improvement next year, then the team drafts a shiny new one for Vegas.  Or if they like one this year, they pull a mahomes/smith situation.  Either way I think he's under centre there next year.  Echo the above statement with Keenum. 

I haven't looked at the 2020 class yet, but based on the incredibly low fa qbs this year, and weak draft class, I see next season being a "OK you get one more year as our guy, prove it" type year for Oakland, Tb, nyg, Denver, cinci, etc.  Then likely a big overhaul the following season. 

I guess I just don't see the value in Bridgewater much as a franchise qb. If there's any way this league is going, it's even more "you need a franchise qb" than its ever been.  If you're the giants and jags, and it's looking like you probably won't be a contender next year, I think you swing for one in the draft. 

I’m not sure if that’s true more than you need a pretty decent or better QB in his rookie contract.  The Rams and Chiefs have been able to spread what would be franchise vet QB money around because their QBs are young and playing well.  The Saints, Pats, and Chargers support your position of course, but I am wondering if there isn’t a new dynamic that is getting some traction in the league that might put even more emphasis - if that’s even possible - on acquiring a rookie who teams try to get up to speed in a hurry while lavishing on other positions.  The Browns might be the next team using the former model of success, which carries with it a massive role of the dice.  

You might see teams trying to duplicate that with guys like Bridgewater and RGlll, since that may allow teams to hedge their bets a bit.

I’m not sure if that’s true more than you need a pretty decent or better QB in his rookie contract.  The Rams and Chiefs have been able to spread what would be franchise vet QB money around because their QBs are young and playing well.  The Saints, Pats, and Chargers support your position of course, but I am wondering if there isn’t a new dynamic that is getting some traction in the league that might put even more emphasis - if that’s even possible - on acquiring a rookie who teams try to get up to speed in a hurry while lavishing on other positions.  The Browns might be the next team using the former model of success, which carries with it a massive role of the dice.
Ya there's no doubt that's worked out well for those two teams. Of course that is the ultimate goal, but to totally bank on hitting on a guy like mahomes like that is risky and unlikely to pay off for most teams. Of course in a good qb draft year like we've had the last few, this is possible. In a year like the one coming up, the chances are even less of those rookies putting up great numbers quickly. 

If teams move on from some of these guys, those guys just may be re-cycled to the other teams on your list.

Of course in a good qb draft year like we've had the last few, this is possible. In a year like the one coming up, the chances are even less of those rookies putting up great numbers quickly. 

That’s curious.  My perception of the past couple of drafts was that there were question marks on all the QBs leading into and beyond the draft.

That’s curious.  My pereception of the past couple of drafts was that there were question marks on all the QBs leading into and beyond the draft.
Compared to previous yrs, I think they've been pretty solid. 

Cason and Goff were both pumped up quite a bit predraft and both worked out well. 

Trubisky, mahomes, and Watson worked out to a great year. 

Last yrs class had lots of question marks, but the big 3 from last year were seen as much stronger than other years. The jury is of course still out on them. 

This year at first glance clearly looks like the worst qb class of the last 4 years. 

Carr and Gruden have been reported as having issues, and also reported as having a great relationship that will be long lasting.  No clue what's going on there.  I would think he gets another year as the starter for sure, and if no big improvement next year, then the team drafts a shiny new one for Vegas.  Or if they like one this year, they pull a mahomes/smith situation.  Either way I think he's under centre there next year.  Echo the above statement with Keenum. 

I haven't looked at the 2020 class yet, but based on the incredibly low fa qbs this year, and weak draft class, I see next season being a "OK you get one more year as our guy, prove it" type year for Oakland, Tb, nyg, Denver, cinci, etc.  Then likely a big overhaul the following season. 
Matter of opinion. I personally have a very high opinion of Bridgewater, and at 26, he's more than talented enough (in my opinion) to be the type of franchise QB a team needs now that he appears to be healthy. He may not have true superstar potential, I don't know, but definitely a guy who can lead a Super Bowl contender. Maybe I'm wrong about him though.

Time will tell I guess. I think some of those situations are more up in the air than you do. Just posted the question looking for other opinions or possible targets.

If teams move on from some of these guys, those guys just may be re-cycled to the other teams on your list.
I can see that for Carr or Winston given their ages and what they've shown in the past.

But I don't imagine Bortles, Tannehill, Flacco, Dalton, or Eli would warrant a lot of attention as a starter from QB needy teams in that situation. They aren't franchise types at this point, and they won't be the difference between winning and losing on any teams needing a QB. At that point, I'd expect teams to sign a FA (Bridgewater), go for a trade (Foles, Brissett etc), or go for the draft.

Matter of opinion. I personally have a very high opinion of Bridgewater, and at 26, he's more than talented enough (in my opinion) to be the type of franchise QB a team needs now that he appears to be healthy. He may not have true superstar potential, I don't know, but definitely a guy who can lead a Super Bowl contender. Maybe I'm wrong about him though.

Time will tell I guess. I think some of those situations are more up in the air than you do. Just posted the question looking for other opinions or possible targets.
Not disagreeing with you, was just offering my POV on how those situations will go down this year. 

Foles is another interesting situation.  I'm not entirely sure he's good enough to be a full time starter somewhere, or if any team will sign him as that.  Have to think that IF he's just going to be a backup somewhere, he'll stick around Philly. 

I agree with you that Teddy likely gets a shot somewhere (maybe on a team like Jax), but I'm not sure he's good enough to take them deep. 

I can see that for Carr or Winston given their ages and what they've shown in the past.

But I don't imagine Bortles, Tannehill, Flacco, Dalton, or Eli would warrant a lot of attention as a starter from QB needy teams in that situation. They aren't franchise types at this point, and they won't be the difference between winning and losing on any teams needing a QB. At that point, I'd expect teams to sign a FA (Bridgewater), go for a trade (Foles, Brissett etc), or go for the draft.

Just what people thought about Alex Smith.

If Tampa hires a new HC I can see them moving on from Winston via trade, but it doesn’t make much sense considering the barren QB market to let him go for nothing. 

Might as well see him in a new system before moving on. 

I think Jags are .500 this year at worst with Dalton. He'd be a solid get for them. To think, the WRs on that team, solid ground game, great D, and the front office Bortled it.
what wr's? they've got a couple decent guys but no #1, seems pretty below avg overall.

highly doubt it. i mean have we seen any evidence of that?

But I don't imagine Bortles, Tannehill, Flacco, Dalton, or Eli would warrant a lot of attention as a starter from QB needy teams in that situation. They aren't franchise types at this point...
Eli is finished and Bortles is trash, but I’d feel safe in saying the other three will get a chance somewhere - maybe not immediately as starters but they’ll start again at some point. There aren’t enough franchise types to go around and some teams have to settle.

what wr's? they've got a couple decent guys but no #1, seems pretty below avg overall.
This is an interesting scenario. The 2018 Jags correspond to the 2017 Bengals in terms of atrocious O-Line play that really disrupted how the offenses were planned and implemented on a game by game basis

2017 Bengals did not have nearly the amount of injuries to skill players that the Jags are suffering this year, and the Jags don’t have a passing game weapon as lethal as AJ Green. 

Sure the Jags D is better in terms of yards and points allowed, but they have lagged in sacks and creating turnovers. 

Yet under these circumstances, last years Bengals finished 7-9 with 2 wins against the Browns. The Jags played a first place schedule this year and don’t have those two gimme division wins.

As a Jags fan, I feel that having Dalton under center this year would have made the season much less frustrating but I’m hard pressed to see that one personnel adjustment resulting in an 8-8 season. 

This is an interesting scenario. The 2018 Jags correspond to the 2017 Bengals in terms of atrocious O-Line play that really disrupted how the offenses were planned and implemented on a game by game basis

2017 Bengals did not have nearly the amount of injuries to skill players that the Jags are suffering this year, and the Jags don’t have a passing game weapon as lethal as AJ Green. 

Sure the Jags D is better in terms of yards and points allowed, but they have lagged in sacks and creating turnovers. 

Yet under these circumstances, last years Bengals finished 7-9 with 2 wins against the Browns. The Jags played a first place schedule this year and don’t have those two gimme division wins.

As a Jags fan, I feel that having Dalton under center this year would have made the season much less frustrating but I’m hard pressed to see that one personnel adjustment resulting in an 8-8 season. 
Not sure how much Dalton would have helped the Jags but Dalton is a much better QB than Bortles.  Bortles has been carried by the rest of the Jags team.  The D, Oline, and running game were top notch. 

Not sure how much Dalton would have helped the Jags but Dalton is a much better QB than Bortles.  Bortles has been carried by the rest of the Jags team.  The D, Oline, and running game were top notch. 
Agreed. The list of QBs better than BB5 is long and may extend into the NCAA ranks

But the O-line woes this year have shaken an already deficient QB who as you noted relied on a nearly perfect supporting cast performance last year. 

Down three O-line starters from opening day and now on their 4th left tackle, Giants castoff Ereck Flowers. It’s been ugly and shined the light on the hole under center

my fear is they draft a #1 this year and it's one of my favorites. rendering him unrosterable
I think it would depend on if there is a change in offensive philosophy (and let's face it there will be at some point soon). Situations are pretty fluid in the NFL. I think the Jags have some decent young talent at WR (Westbrook, Cole, Chark) but Bortles is just a terribly inaccurate QB. It's not like they can't bring in any free agents at the position either.

I think it would depend on if there is a change in offensive philosophy (and let's face it there will be at some point soon). Situations are pretty fluid in the NFL. I think the Jags have some decent young talent at WR (Westbrook, Cole, Chark) but Bortles is just a terribly inaccurate QB. It's not like they can't bring in any free agents at the position either.
At QB? Sure they could. I thought that's what they are discussing above. 

I could definitely see JAX bringing in a guy like Dalton, Carr or Flacco. I actually see Flacco going to the Giants and the Giants maybe waiting on a QB until 2020. 

The FA pickings are slim at QB and it's likely going to be a carousel of QBs switching teams rather than a huge rookie draft opportunity. 

I think the big winners of this offseason will be Bridgewater and Carr. I have a feeling they land in favorable situations. 

At QB? Sure they could. I thought that's what they are discussing above. 

I could definitely see JAX bringing in a guy like Dalton, Carr or Flacco. I actually see Flacco going to the Giants and the Giants maybe waiting on a QB until 2020. 

The FA pickings are slim at QB and it's likely going to be a carousel of QBs switching teams rather than a huge rookie draft opportunity. 

I think the big winners of this offseason will be Bridgewater and Carr. I have a feeling they land in favorable situations. 
My guess is that Bridgewater is going to be able to choose his landing spot, and could be set up quite well.  Don't think he'll get Cousins type money, but its gonna be a lot.  The Giants would seem to be a great fit.  Already have quality weapons in place, and could then focus their draft on rebuilding their oline.

I'm somewhat surprised that Brissett doesn't get more attention as a potential trade target.

The Colts understandably kept him this year despite reports that a couple teams inquired about him to make sure Luck is healthy, but now that Luck is clearly healthy, he's going to be a piece that should garner interest from teams and that the Colts should be pretty motivated to cash in on. He's young, and I can't see him wanting to re-sign in Indy once his contract is up after 2019 if there's any indication he can compete or land a starting job elsewhere.

At age 23, he wasn't embarrassing as a starter for the Colts despite only being traded to them in September. Completed almost 60% of his passes and threw almost twice as many TDs as INTs. He'll be 25 next summer, so it'll be interesting to see who might want him and if the Colts are interested in moving him. 

Steelers4Life said:
I'm somewhat surprised that Brissett doesn't get more attention as a potential trade target.

The Colts understandably kept him this year despite reports that a couple teams inquired about him to make sure Luck is healthy, but now that Luck is clearly healthy, he's going to be a piece that should garner interest from teams and that the Colts should be pretty motivated to cash in on. He's young, and I can't see him wanting to re-sign in Indy once his contract is up after 2019 if there's any indication he can compete or land a starting job elsewhere.

At age 23, he wasn't embarrassing as a starter for the Colts despite only being traded to them in September. Completed almost 60% of his passes and threw almost twice as many TDs as INTs. He'll be 25 next summer, so it'll be interesting to see who might want him and if the Colts are interested in moving him. 
I see Brissett as a temporary stopgap. kind of like Glennon, Bradford. I could definitely see him sign with a team that spends a 1st round pick on a QB. I just dont see him lasting. He isnt bad, but I dont see him as especially good either. 

Not that I see Carr or Bridgeater as stars, but I see them as a higher level of talent. 

I see Brissett as a temporary stopgap. kind of like Glennon, Bradford. I could definitely see him sign with a team that spends a 1st round pick on a QB. I just dont see him lasting. He isnt bad, but I dont see him as especially good either. 

Not that I see Carr or Bridgeater as stars, but I see them as a higher level of talent. 
Makes sense. To me, I don't think we've seen Brissett in a situation that would tell us what he's really capable of. He can move, he has a big arm. I think a team will have to pay more than a "stopgap" price to get him, but likely not as much as a team would have to pay to get one of the top QBs in next year's draft, none of whom are looking special either. Teams reach in the draft all the time, so it'll come down to what type of compensation Indy would want compared to the what's available in the draft. Indy will almost HAVE to listen.

Difference between Brissett and Glennon/Bradford types is that those guys have had their chances and have proven to be less than starter quality. I'd personally like to see Brissett at least get that shot, this time with an offseason to prepare for it.

I agree about Carr and Bridgewater being something less than stars, but I think both can be very successful in good situations. Not sure either is the type to raise the level of everyone around them, but few are.

So bottom line is many of the teams needing a Qb will be screwed until the 2020 draft 
These ring true for me -- it's a poor FA pool (Bridgewater will land somewhere but pretty clear to me he's not a guy who will lead a team to great success as opposed to be a game manager at best), and very poor draft class.

We'll see some shuffling of QBs from one team to another, but my guess is a lot of front offices are looking at how they best work with the guys they have until 2020 when you will see more QB options surface for the draft, and some big names come up in FA (while some might be further along on the wrong side of 40 by this time, you will have Brees, Wilson, Big Ben, Manning, Rivers, Brady, Winston, Mariota, Foles, Prescott, among others).

Users who are viewing this thread