What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 13 (1 Viewer)

AquaBliss

Footballguy
Ahhhh lucky week 13.  Season is going by too fast sadly...

I’m actually considering the Raiders defense at $2k since it opens up so many other options.  Somebody talk me off this ledge please.

Between the NO game and the main slate, it really gives me pause to pay up for WRs in cash again.   That combined with SO many RBs on the slate this week, and this is going to be interesting narrowing down who to play.  

I’m actually considering the Raiders defense at $2k since it opens up so many other options.  Somebody talk me off this ledge please.
I am all about cheap defenses, but I cannot play a D vs. KC right now.  Negative points is a possibility.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Early thoughts...mostly gut reactions for now.

QB: Looks like the sweet spot at QB is in the $7500-$7900 range with lots of decent options: Winston, Mayfield, Jackson, Wilson, Cousins, and Watson.  Please don't force me to use Mullens again (although at $6200 it really seems like he should have a good chance at hitting value).

RB: Very juicy, but expensive options at RB...Other than price, what's not to like about Gurley vs Det.   Hunt and McCaffrey have nice match ups at $1k less.  Aaron Jones looks to be good value at $7600.  Mixon, Lindsey, Edwards, Miller seem to be decent options.  How about Hyde or Yeldon at $5000 and $4800 respectively?  Which one though...?  Dion Lewis looks like good value as well, but I don't know if I trust that offense enough.  He has underwhelmed the last few outings.  RB seems to have a lot of options at a variety of prices points.

WR: I feel like just spinning a roulette wheel at WR.  

TE: Kelce seems like an obvious choice at TE, but we can't play every Chief, can we?  I feel like I will want Hunt in my line ups...hmmm.   Olsen looks like a good option for much less.  Cook in a decent spot.  I have a gut feel about Rudolph this week, but I have no idea if data will support that yet.  Brate is still cheap and I don't think Carolina has been very good against TEs.

Oakland was mentioned above at defense, but I don't think I could do that.  I would rather take ARI at $2800 if I need to go super cheap.  Otherwise, I am getting up to the Jets ($3700), Buffalo ($4000), and Miami ($4100) range before I start to feel semi good about defense.

Dumb ### placeholder that will change 25 times before Sunday...  Mullens (lol)/Hunt, McCaffrey, A. Jones/Hopkins, Sanders, Ellington/Brate/ARI  ($100 to spare)   I love these RBs, but they just might not be practical as a group chewing up a large part of the budget.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ebron.  In week 11 he seemed like a good play - Colts score 38 points and Ebron puts up 0 fantasy points.  Last week I steered clear of Ebron and he scores 2 TD's.

This week seems like a good value play at $5.6k as Doyle is out, but I feel I'll get burned again.

Early thoughts...mostly gut reactions for now.

QB: Looks like the sweet spot at QB is in the $7500-$7900 range with lots of decent options: Winston, Mayfield, Jackson, Wilson, Cousins, and Watson.  Please don't force me to use Mullens again (although at $6200 it really seems like he should have a good chance at hitting value).

RB: Very juicy, but expensive options at RB...Other than price, what's not to like about Gurley vs Det.   Hunt and McCaffrey have nice match ups at $1k less.  Aaron Jones looks to be good value at $7600.  Mixon, Lindsey, Edwards, Miller seem to be decent options.  How about Hyde or Yeldon at $5000 and $4800 respectively?  Which one though...?  Dion Lewis looks like good value as well, but I don't know if I trust that offense enough.  He has underwhelmed the last few outings.  RB seems to have a lot of options at a variety of prices points.
He didn't hit value on the road against one of the worst Ds.  I don't think I can pull that trigger again.  With all the good spots at QB and cheaper RB, I don't think 15pts at QB is going to do it this week.  

I think Indy is worse vs. pass catching Rbs, but not 100% sure on that.  I would rather take a shot at Yeldon, but not sure if I want either yet.  

I believe Car is one of the worst vs. TEs lately, and I can't believe that Brate is still sub-5K.  

I have a love/hate relationship with Ebron.  In week 11 he seemed like a good play - Colts score 38 points and Ebron puts up 0 fantasy points.  Last week I steered clear of Ebron and he scores 2 TD's.

This week seems like a good value play at $5.6k as Doyle is out, but I feel I'll get burned again.
I didn’t realize Doyle was out.  I think Ebron is viable, he is ver TD dependent which might make his upside better suited for gpp. 

He didn't hit value on the road against one of the worst Ds.  I don't think I can pull that trigger again.  With all the good spots at QB and cheaper RB, I don't think 15pts at QB is going to do it this week.  
I hear ya, but I did manage to throw up 152 even with his 10 little points.  Just got to find the right guys to use the savings on.  Will Goodwin or Garçon be back???  He is definitely short on weapons without those two.

I hear ya, but I did manage to throw up 152 even with his 10 little points.  Just got to find the right guys to use the savings on.  Will Goodwin or Garçon be back???  He is definitely short on weapons without those two.
I just think it's a different slate dynamic this week with 13 games, and just about all the studs back in play.  I get it could happen again, but not sure I am willing to push it again this week.  

So many Rbs to try to narrow down.  For cash, I go back to high volume, good Vegas totals, team favored to win, and preferably home.

For the season, here are the players getting 50%+ of their teams rushing volume:

Barkley, Conner, DJ, Hunt, Gurley, Mixon, Chubb, AP, Barber, Gordon, McCaffrey, Howard, Coleman, Lindsay.  

Players in high vegas totals: Conner, Hunt, Gurley, Barber, McCaffrey, Howard, Coleman

Players on teams who are favored: Conner, Hunt, Gurley, Howard, McCaffrey, Lindsay    (Conner is the only home favorite) 

Now I scanned through and made a list of players who have had a decent # of carries the last few weeks or had a lot week 11 (let me know if I forgot anybody):

Michel, Edwards, Adams, McCoy, A.Jones, Mack, Breida, Carson, L.Miller, 

This list is also pretty interesting - Michel, Adams, Jones, Carson, and Miller are all home faves on teams with high implied totals.  

Of all these, for cash I think I like:  Hunt, Gurley, McCaffrey, Lindsay, Jones, Adams, Miller, Michel and maybe Carson.   

For gpps, I think a lot of the other names can be used, and it will be interesting to see ownership.  McCoy jumped out as being dirt cheap in a good matchup.  

ETA:  Doh! just saw that Philly plays MNF, so forget Adams on my list.  

Couple more stats.  

Top 10 matchups as far as OL vs. DL for RBs:   Gurley, Lindsay, Edwards, Michel, David Johnson, J.Adams, Breida, A.Jones, Hunt

Teams giving up the top 10 pts/g on FD to RBs over the last 5 weeks:  Cinci, Philly, KC, Clev, Atl, LaR, TB, Jets, Giants, Seattle.   

Some sneaky cheap QBs... 

I just saw that Bortles has been benched and Kessler ($6k) will start against Indy.  Kessler's professional body of work has not been all that good, but it was with the lowly Browns back in 2016.  He did manage 21/30 - 156 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT in a half vs Houston back in Oct.  Not much to trust here, but it is against a somewhat suspect Colts pass D.

Chase Daniel ($6k) depending on Trubisky's status.  He put up a respectable 27/37 - 230 yds, 2 TD performance in Trubisky's absence vs. Detroit on Turkey day.  He seemed like he ran the Bear's offense fairly well during the parts of the game I watched.

Stafford at $6700 may need to throw 87 times vs. the Rams this week...

I think Indy is worse vs. pass catching Rbs, but not 100% sure on that.  I would rather take a shot at Yeldon, but not sure if I want either yet.  

I believe Car is one of the worst vs. TEs lately, and I can't believe that Brate is still sub-5K.  
Ray Flowers and Kyle Elfrink were talking up Hyde earlier tonight on their Sirius XM show.   Even though they are both dirt cheap, I will probably steer clear. 

I need to dig more, as I wish a cheap D would present itself.  Here is what I put in for a placeholder:

Luck - McCaffrey/A.Jones/Lindsay - Diggs/Samuel/C.Davis - Brate - Houst.  

Here's the problem - 0 KC or Rams players.  That can't be good process.  This is going to be an interesting week.  

Ray Flowers and Kyle Elfrink were talking up Hyde earlier tonight on their Sirius XM show.   Even though they are both dirt cheap, I will probably steer clear. 
One of the pods was talking up Hyde too.  

Last 5 weeks Indy is allowing 80yds/.5tds on the ground, but 8 rec/66 yds/.5Tds in the passing game to RBs.   It's a tough matchup, but I don't see how Indy isn't ahead most of this game, so I figured it would lean more in Yeldon's direction.  

Getting a little more into Thurs-Mon slates this week so I can get some of NO/Dallas, LAC/PITT & Philly/Wash. Cash LU currently for that has me with: QB/ Winston, RB/ A.Jones - Lindsay, WR/ Evans - Sanders - C. Davis, TE/ Ertz, Flex/ Ekeler, DEF/ Miami. LU Optimizer has it at 139.9. 

Current Thurs-Mon GPP: QB/ Roethlisberger, RB/ Lindsay - Ekeler, WR/ A. Brown - Woods - Thielen, TE/Ebron, Flex/ J. Adams, DEF/ Miami.

I realize that Lindsay & Ekeler are on the road, but, I like the volume & match-ups. And of course, these are all subject to change; as always, other thoughts are welcome. 

My first glance at main slate:

QBs: Stafford, Mariotta, Kirk, Carr (dont think I can play him though), and studs (Mahommes, Newton)

RBs: studs, Ekeler, Hines, Adams, A. Jones, Lindsay

WRs: Conley, Ellington, Mid-Studs (Hill, Theilen, Diggs, Woods)

TE: Ebron, Roberts, Higbee, O'Shaunessy

DEF: Cardinals, Browns (I don't want basement with Oakland due to playing KC)

Some week 13 GPP thoughts:

• QB: Not crazy about the cheaper QBs this week. Would rather pay up for Newton and Cousins. LOVE Cousins this week. I do have some cheap tickets with some weirdos like the Jax backup QB and Keenum. 
  • RB: I am building my teams around these players this week - Gurley, Yeldon, Hunt, Carson, and James White. I think Ty Montgomery is a sneaky GPP play. He's $5,100, and Atlanta the worst team in the NFL stopping pass catching RBs. 
  • WR: Avoiding expensive guys such as Beckham, Evans, Hopkins, etc. Love Tyreek, though. Lots of fantastic, cheap options at WR and I'd rather pay up for RB than WR. Love Lockett, Ridley, Edelman,  Diggs, and Godwin. 
  • TE: I have Kelce in a couple lineups, but I'm going cheap at TE until the position improves. I'm starting Herndon, Seals-Jones, Ebron, Brate, Njoku, and Jonnu Smith.
  • D: Defenses are either too expensive or they stink. I'd rather go cheap with Ds like NYG, Carolina, etc.

• QB: Not crazy about the cheaper QBs this week. Would rather pay up for Newton and Cousins. LOVE Cousins this week. I do have some cheap tickets with some weirdos like the Jax backup QB and Keenum. 
  • RB: I am building my teams around these players this week - Gurley, Yeldon, Hunt, Carson, and James White. I think Ty Montgomery is a sneaky GPP play. He's $5,100, and Atlanta the worst team in the NFL stopping pass catching RBs. 
  • WR: Avoiding expensive guys such as Beckham, Evans, Hopkins, etc. Love Tyreek, though. Lots of fantastic, cheap options at WR and I'd rather pay up for RB than WR. Love Lockett, Ridley, Edelman,  Diggs, and Godwin. 
  • TE: I have Kelce in a couple lineups, but I'm going cheap at TE until the position improves. I'm starting Herndon, Seals-Jones, Ebron, Brate, Njoku, and Jonnu Smith.
  • 😧 Defenses are either too expensive or they stink. I'd rather go cheap with Ds like NYG, Carolina, etc.
I love Cousins this week too and surprised he hasn't been mentioned more. On DK- where I'm using him for cash and gpp- he's the 15th highest priced QB. Even on FD I think he's 11th so still underpriced imo.

Def do seem to be priced up a bit on FD but on DK a couple good values are Den,Ind and Buf.

Didn't look on FD but at DK Denver's TE are min priced and have some potential to score a TD at least.

love Cousins this week too and surprised he hasn't been mentioned more. On DK- where I'm using him for cash and gpp- he's the 15th highest priced QB. Even on FD I think he's 11th so still underpriced imo.
I have this gut feeling that Minn / NE is the highest scoring game of the week, and I like Cousins more than Brady.

Not sure I like all this Minnesota talk in here.  Is that going to be a lot more popular than I think?  I figured it would be sneakier seeing that it's the game with only the 6th highest O/U on the slate.   I am surprised that Chargers/Steelers and Balt/Atl are projected more than the Vikes/Pats though.   I guess we'll see what ownership projections are... 

I was poking around a bit, and saw something I wasn't expecting - Cam's #s vs TB are 13.5, 16.6, and 21.   Winston's vs. Car are 5.7 and 13.28.   Maybe it's that narrative that the division games are lower scoring and tougher in general?   I was just surprised to see those low of fantasy outputs in this matchup.  

They will probably be popular, but using Yeldon and Brate unlocks just about anything else you'd want in your LUs.  I just put together for a gpp placeholder:

Cousins - Barkley/McCaffrey/Yeldon - Diggs/Hill/C.Davis - Brate - NYG

Thursday mornings are my research, fiddle with lineups, listen to podcasts and create moments

Here's what I got for a GPP that I'm loving the pivot's of

Luck

Hunt, Carson, Shady

Hilton, Robby Anderson, Thielen

Herndon

Seattle 

The way I see it is Shady will get tons of work, it's a divisional game that is likely to be close, and the matchup is good.  Anderson can beat Butler on those double moves that everyone has torched Butler on so here's to hoping that he's healthy and involved.  Could easily have a 6/130/2 type of game.  Same goes for Herndon although I don't like having 2 Jets and not stacking that QB.  Maybe that's another idea for a low owned lineup is a Darnold type of stack.  

Tried to find this doubtful status.  You have link?
Super weird.  Could have sworn I saw it on one of my email notices that he was downgraded to doubtful, but dont see it now.  I see that he's put in 2 limited practices, but Diggs has 2 DNPs.  Sorry if I gave bad info here.  

Super weird.  Could have sworn I saw it on one of my email notices that he was downgraded to doubtful, but dont see it now.  I see that he's put in 2 limited practices, but Diggs has 2 DNPs.  Sorry if I gave bad info here.  
No problem.  I just scoured the internet looking for that info because I would upgrade Diggs and downgrade Cousins if that was the case, but couldn't find it.  I appreciate the honesty.  We will know more tomorrow and even more Saturday.

Galileo said:
Some sneaky cheap QBs... 

I just saw that Bortles has been benched and Kessler ($6k) will start against Indy.  Kessler's professional body of work has not been all that good, but it was with the lowly Browns back in 2016.  He did manage 21/30 - 156 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT in a half vs Houston back in Oct.  Not much to trust here, but it is against a somewhat suspect Colts pass D.

Chase Daniel ($6k) depending on Trubisky's status.  He put up a respectable 27/37 - 230 yds, 2 TD performance in Trubisky's absence vs. Detroit on Turkey day.  He seemed like he ran the Bear's offense fairly well during the parts of the game I watched.

Stafford at $6700 may need to throw 87 times vs. the Rams this week...
This looks like it is going to happen.  I will likely be going with him in my cash lineups

LaCosse getting a lot of love at TE for $4700, but I really like Sanders (assuming healthy) and Sutton.  Cincy is awful but I am not sure I can have this much love for a receiving corp when Keenum is at the helm.  Sanders injury reports have been a little concerning.  I have a feeling this may be Sutton's coming out party, but I don't know if I could trust that feeling in cash.

My line up now looks like this...

Daniel/Hunt, McCaffrey, Jones/Hopkins, Davis, Ellington (or Sutton)/Brate/Buffalo (or NYJ)

LaCosse getting a lot of love at TE for $4700, but I really like Sanders (assuming healthy) and Sutton.  Cincy is awful but I am not sure I can have this much love for a receiving corp when Keenum is at the helm.  Sanders injury reports have been a little concerning.  I have a feeling this may be Sutton's coming out party, but I don't know if I could trust that feeling in cash.

My line up now looks like this...

Daniel/Hunt, McCaffrey, Jones/Hopkins, Davis, Ellington (or Sutton)/Brate/Buffalo (or NYJ)
He getting love on FD?  I could see it on DK where he is 1K+ less than other guys, but on FD he is only 200 from Brate.  

He getting love on FD?  I could see it on DK where he is 1K+ less than other guys, but on FD he is only 200 from Brate.  
I guess I should clarify...I keep hearing him being discussed by radio personalities...seems to be a lot of hype based on his relative success last week when Heuerman went down and his fantastic matchup vs. Cincy.  I really have no idea how much people are actually on him in FandDuel.  Buzzard's projections for "mid size gpps" puts him at similar ownership as Gronk, Olsen and Njoku

I guess I should clarify...I keep hearing him being discussed by radio personalities...seems to be a lot of hype based on his relative success last week when Heuerman went down and his fantastic matchup vs. Cincy.  I really have no idea how much people are actually on him in FandDuel.  Buzzard's projections for "mid size gpps" puts him at similar ownership as Gronk, Olsen and Njoku
Gotcha.  I keep hearing him brought up on pods, but they are mostly DK leaning, so that's why I was asking.  I saw those projections, and it gives me a little pause for using him in gpps.  

• 😧 Defenses are either too expensive or they stink. I'd rather go cheap with Ds like NYG, Carolina, etc.
@jdoggydogg - I feel like this is almost the same thing as last week when I look at gpp Qbs.   Here are the Qbs that are averaging 20pts/g since week 8 that are on the main slate (trying to get at least a 4 game sample for recent trends) :  Newton, Mahomes, Goff, Wilson, Luck, Watson, Ryan, Mayfield (Trubisky would be on here if he played).  I see 5 names on there that are projected at 5% or less.  It's such a good position to get some leverage on the field in gpps.  There usually isn't a need to fire up the Jeff Driskels of the world, especially on FD.  

I like home Qbs, so I am digging deeper into Ryan, Watson, and Wilson - but I do like going back to Luck since the Jax CB might be banged up/out.  

gpp ideas at other positions =

RB:  Underowned home faves?  Michel, Carson, do I dare say D.Henry? 

WR:  Seattle Wrs, J.Gordon, Houston WRs, Reynolds, 

TE:  The other spot to take stabs, IMO since it's volatile and there will be a ton of LUs with Ebron, Kelce, or Brate.    I like Njoku, a pod mentioned how much Driskel threw to Uzomah when he went in, K.Rudolph, and I also like the idea of using a Rams TE for a deep shot.  

Def:  Still digging here for a sub-4K option. 

Mostly I think I am going to try what I did last week - pick a couple of the lower owned good QBs, take a dart at TE, and fill out the rest how I like and not worry a ton about ownership at RB/WR since I took care of that at QB/TE.    I think on FD I like Watson and Wilson, but on DK Ryan/Julio are too cheap, so I will look at them over there.  

Is anyone playing the Single Game slates?  

I've decided to just have fun with these things and on FD I've been entering 32 lineups into the 25 cent Single Game GPP for a total of $8 per contest :lol:     With that many lineups I've been able to essentially break even in every game and I was fortunately able to come in first one time (tied with 25 people IIRC) for $137.

I'm also throwing in one or two lineups into the Single Game main slates on FD and DK for kicks - I figure there is a better chance to have the best lineup/score since there are fewer players available to chose from.  On FD last night first place paid 8K (several players tied) and on DK someone had a unique lineup and took down 250K!  

Considered it myself until I found Marcell Ateman at 4600, he had 10 targets last week, albeit 3 catches, but they are playing KC so Oakland should be chucking the ball quite a bit.

Considered it myself until I found Marcell Ateman at 4600, he had 10 targets last week, albeit 3 catches, but they are playing KC so Oakland should be chucking the ball quite a bit.
Godwin is now the cheap play with DJax out. Will have Ateman in KC stacks though.

Damn, it would have been a good week for the Thurs-Mon slate and fade the TNF game.   What a trash game by the Saints.  
I put in play probably the most I ever have for Thu-Mon slate so I could play Eckler in cash and some Adams in GPPs. The Thu low score helped out even more.

The big question this week will be whether to play Tyreek in cash (FD only, too expensive on DK) and punt at RB3

Godwin is now the cheap play with DJax out. Will have Ateman in KC stacks though.

I put in play probably the most I ever have for Thu-Mon slate so I could play Eckler in cash and some Adams in GPPs. The Thu low score helped out even more.

The big question this week will be whether to play Tyreek in cash (FD only, too expensive on DK) and punt at RB3
It's also fair to say Conley is now the cheap WR to play with Watkins out, but I think his 2 TDs last week were a byproduct of the shootout and they won't need him this week. Take a huge lead with Tyree/Kelce and sit on it.

Hunt is done for the year most likely. Placed on the Commissioners Exempt list. Ware becomes a great play against a horrid OAK defense for 5200. Opens up a ton of options elsewhere, but he will be massively owned by sunday. I will be using him in almost every cash+ lineup. He will make his way into a few of my gpps as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread