What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What, no Week 13 Waiver Wire Targets thread? (1 Viewer)

The Frankman

Footballguy
I just assumed someone else made it and didn't bother looking... Okay this research is off the top of my head/loose articles, didn't research a Fave Five. If I don't mention a prominent waiver wire add it's because I assume they're owned in 60% or more leagues.

Jameis Winston, TB QB

Justin Jackson, SD RB

*Nyheim Hines, IND RB

Antonio Callaway, CLE WR

Chris Herndon, NYJ TE

Matt LaCosse, DEN TE

Seattle D/ST

Tennessee D/ST

(at work will fill in reasoning/links/videos when I get home. There was too many video links to add at work.)

* - Means a one-week play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll add a few:

WR's:

• Adam Humphries (TB) - no DJax & looked real good with Winston. Could easily be a steady WR3 with WR2 upside
  • Chris Conley (KC) - Watkins still not a full go and that offense makes everyone a potential viable play each week
  • David Moore (SEA) - looks to be a decent red zone target for Wilson
  • Curtis Samuel (CAR) - great matchup this week at least
RB's:

• The handcuffs: Ware, Brown, Smith, and possibly even Gallman - all could be decent plays if the stud RB's go down
  • Rex Burkhead (NE) - makes things more complicated in the NE backfield...but they do typically produce fantasy relevant RB's
  • Carlos Hyde (Jax) - not sure who has the starting gig this week, but if it's Hyde, i can think of worse options

I'll add a few:

WR's:

• Adam Humphries (TB) - no DJax & looked real good with Winston. Could easily be a steady WR3 with WR2 upside
  • Chris Conley (KC) - Watkins still not a full go and that offense makes everyone a potential viable play each week
  • David Moore (SEA) - looks to be a decent red zone target for Wilson
  • Curtis Samuel (CAR) - great matchup this week at least
RB's:

• The handcuffs: Ware, Brown, Smith, and possibly even Gallman - all could be decent plays if the stud RB's go down
  • Rex Burkhead (NE) - makes things more complicated in the NE backfield...but they do typically produce fantasy relevant RB's
  • Carlos Hyde (Jax) - not sure who has the starting gig this week, but if it's Hyde, i can think of worse options
I don’t think the TB schedule is very favorable to end the year, but they have a nice passing attack. The Cardinals have a better schedule but aren’t as good in this area. Humphries or Kirk, given the option, the rest of the year?

Josh Doctson - Colt McCoy has targeted the receiver 15 times on his first 50 attempts this season, a 30 percent target share, including 10 times against the Cowboys. Doctson was able to turn that work into six catches for 66 yards despite a tough matchup, and he should have a much easier time on Monday night against the Eagles. A

Contemplating the handcuffs.

Likely dropping Alex Collins for Burkhead or Ware (I have Michel)

Which would you all rather have?

Josh Doctson - Colt McCoy has targeted the receiver 15 times on his first 50 attempts this season, a 30 percent target share, including 10 times against the Cowboys. Doctson was able to turn that work into six catches for 66 yards despite a tough matchup, and he should have a much easier time on Monday night against the Eagles. A
Doctson is a great example of a sneaky add this time of year ... talented but underperforming WRs on teams that have just changed QBs. Just because Smith largely ignored Doctson for two months didn’t mean McCoy would, and he didn’t.

Other possibilities along these lines (at least in deeper leagues) would be Keelan Cole (Kessler) and John Ross (Driskell). Maybe Dante Pettis as well if you’re going reallllly deep.

I don’t think the TB schedule is very favorable to end the year, but they have a nice passing attack. The Cardinals have a better schedule but aren’t as good in this area. Humphries or Kirk, given the option, the rest of the year?
I like giving a hot hand a long look, and not many have been hotter than Humphries over these last few weeks, but I like Kirk ROY. Give me the guy who has produced a consistent floor and target share all year.

I like giving a hot hand a long look, and not many have been hotter than Humphries over these last few weeks, but I like Kirk ROY. Give me the guy who has produced a consistent floor and target share all year.
ill take the #3 option on the team that passes for 400 yards every game... over the #2 option on the terrible team w/rookie qb.   if desean's hand is messed up he'll become the #2 option (prefer humpries to godwin)

Tre Quinn has been highly targeted by McCoy. 

For us QB streamers I’ve maneouvred for Rivers for week 14 CIN week 15  @ KANSAS

and have picked up Prescott for week 16 TB but he also has @ IND week 15. 

Strangely I also have Jackson. 

I find if my starting lineup is pretty much set at RB and WR going into playoffs and I’m a QB streamer, I start dropping depth and collect some QBs to give me options alongside injury upside RB handcuffs 

Does anyone know anything about Jeff Wilson Jr.?  He looks to be a bit bigger than Breida, and in his first game nearly equaled Breida’s snap count. Breida hasn’t exactly been the most durable dude either. 

Can’t find much on him, but there’s a path to touches. If his TD from last week stood, he might be getting more attention after averaging 4.7 YPC in his first game. 

Does anyone know anything about Jeff Wilson Jr.?  He looks to be a bit bigger than Breida, and in his first game nearly equaled Breida’s snap count. Breida hasn’t exactly been the most durable dude either. 

Can’t find much on him, but there’s a path to touches. If his TD from last week stood, he might be getting more attention after averaging 4.7 YPC in his first game. 
What's his situation in terms of the depth chart?

As the current #1 seed, I picked up Brown and Ware in 14 team dynasty for the sole purpose of keeping them from the #2 seeded team who owns Gurley and Hunt.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
If you're desperate for a TE, you might want to take a flyer on Ryan Hewitt of the Colts, who has been practicing at Jack Doyle's spot this week.

JFS171 said:

apparently a good receiver.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2018/4/25/17278038/2018-nfl-draft-profile-jeffrey-wilson-running-back-north-texas-rb-unt-football-g5-cusa-mean-green

and this:

Wilson fumbled a lot at North Texas (once every 33 carries, to be exact), which is obviously not something you typically want. While his acceleration is good, there’s concern about his top speed not being as high as it could be. His injury history could scare some teams off as well.
color me intrigued, might be worth a stash for next year.

I dropped Jameis Winston and picked up Dak Prescott to be my backup QB for Mahomes.

I clinched my division so don't need to win this week and I have a Bye next week.  I much prefer Dak's schedule for Week 15-16 (at Indianapolis, home vs. Tampa Bay) overJameis's (at Baltimore, at Dallas).  Winston can put up better numbers than Prescott, but can also detonate a stink bomb, while I think Dak is safer.  

Godsbrother said:
The Lions have Arizona week 14 and then Buffalo week 15
I don't think the Bills are a great offense, but I don't think they are the basket case they were earlier in the season.  So I'm not excited to start the Lions on the road in week 15.  Their match against Arizona is probably better, but it is also on the road.

If you haven’t already and he is available get Ware immediately!!! Check the tmz video on Hunt (posted in the Hunt dynasty thread).

I expect zero from this guy. Don't give up too much to roster him.
Of course not, but the reasons to handcuff Hunt with Ware now are the same for Williams with Ware. If the Chiefs win out there is a good chance that Williams is relevant in week 16 even without a Hunt injury assuming Reid sits the starters. 

Of course not, but the reasons to handcuff Hunt with Ware now are the same for Williams with Ware. If the Chiefs win out there is a good chance that Williams is relevant in week 16 even without a Hunt injury assuming Reid sits the starters. 
They hold a one game lead over the pats for home field and the pats hold the tie breaker. For them to rest players in week 16 they'd need to be 3 games up on the pats. There's not a good chance of that at all. 

I noticed teams picking up Darrel Williams.   Is he any good?  
I think most people are more focusing on what we've seen from Damien more then anything we know about Darrel. This is just a dart throw if you have the space though.

Jake Kumerow activated from IR.

Someone other than Adams has to catch passes from Rodgers and he raved about him preseason

Jake Kumerow activated from IR.

Someone other than Adams has to catch passes from Rodgers and he raved about him preseason
Watching him...but hard to trust rookie late in the season.  Reminder that MVS has several great weeks before disappearing.

This is waived wire thread. How many new players going to pop up this late?

Get him while he is free and see his usage

This is waived wire thread. How many new players going to pop up this late?

Get him while he is free and see his usage
I’m a Packers fan and love the story of the guy.  I also have watched this offense and don’t trust it outside of Jones, Adams and Rodgers week to week...and have played Luck over Rodgers for most of this year.

Cobb may be back soon, StBrown has played ok and MVS has had his moments. I don’t see a way in this offense right now that Kumerow will be counted on enough week to week to make it worth losing a player from my current depth.

I’m a Packers fan and love the story of the guy.  I also have watched this offense and don’t trust it outside of Jones, Adams and Rodgers week to week...and have played Luck over Rodgers for most of this year.

Cobb may be back soon, StBrown has played ok and MVS has had his moments. I don’t see a way in this offense right now that Kumerow will be counted on enough week to week to make it worth losing a player from my current depth.
Agreed, yet at this stage of the season we have seen the good and bad of Brown MVS as well as the poor health of Cobb. 

We know Rodgers loved him pre season and stated he has confidence in him and he knows where to be and get open.

He is physically gifted at 6'4 210 4.54 speed and good hands.

You.could do worse to pick him and drop the other wr5 on your team. Wasn't that long ago there was another player Jeff Janis that exploded in big games end of season, and Rodgers likes Kumerow more. 

Agreed, yet at this stage of the season we have seen the good and bad of Brown MVS as well as the poor health of Cobb. 

We know Rodgers loved him pre season and stated he has confidence in him and he knows where to be and get open.

He is physically gifted at 6'4 210 4.54 speed and good hands.

You.could do worse to pick him and drop the other wr5 on your team. Wasn't that long ago there was another player Jeff Janis that exploded in big games end of season, and Rodgers likes Kumerow more. 
I have no wr5.  

I have 3 WRs rostered (Beckham, Ridley, Boyd).

Im RB heavy (DJ, Michel, Burkhead, Ware, Lindsay, Gus, Mack) and may drop one for a wr but better options than Kumerow still available.

Well truthfully given that roster Burkhead has no business on your team or if trades still possible trade a RB for a top receiver. 

All I am saying is that Kumerow is worth a flyer. Everyone went gaga over tre'quan and MVS and they had their moments and duds. 

This guy might be nothing or someone Rodgers trusts. He has gone on record as saying so...

So if there are better options pick them up. If not stick with your 3 and grab him and see what happens week 13 and 14. 

I’m buying, but C. Thompson is back this week (picked him up) and Crowder might be back (Trey Quinn is out), so Doc’s targets might diminish a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread