What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

Terrible options this week (and going forward) due to a lot of injuries at WR, but i'm fighting for a bye and the FBG rankings keep updating and moving this bunch around.  Please pick 3 WRs (0.5 ppr):

Trequan Smith

Alshon Jeffrey

Golden Tate

Christian Kirk

Anthony Miller

Chris Conley

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dak or Baker this week?

I can also wait and try to gamble and pick Winston up off waivers too, but still would have to make the decision to play Dak early or not.

Which of those three would you try to keep/play RoS?

Hey Sig.

1) In a standard league, pick one: Sanders, Corey Davis, or Drake. 

2) At QB, Cam or Brees? 

3) In my other league, Lamar or Wentz? 

4) in a PPR league, Njoku or Reed?

as always, thx for the help! 

Standard:

Flex - pick one: Howard a NYG / ARob A NYG / AJ Green vs Den

.5 PPR:

Mixon vs Den / Ekeler @ Pit / Chubb @ Hou (rank please)

D - Yards and points count: Sea vs SF / Broncos @ Cin / Jax vs Ind

Thanks for all your work this year.

Hi Bloom, 

After Graham's broken thumb I dropped him, then Doyle's kidney leaves me with no TE. 

I've managed to get a bye for the playoffs, so I'm looking to maximize weeks 15 and 16 at TE. If I plan to carry two or three TE over the next two weeks in the hopes that one turns into a legitimate starter, who would you pick up? Matchups are included. 

Please rank:

Herndon - Hou/GB

Uzomah - Oak/Cle

The two rams TEs

Everett - Phi/Ari

Higbee - Phi/Ari

and

Jonnu Smith - NYG/Wsh

Again, the focus is weeks 15 and 16. 

You're the only one I trust with these questions! Much appreciated. 

Thanks Bloom!  12 team standard league.

You have D. Henry high in your rankings this week (#16).  I thought D. Lewis took over the lead back role in Tenn?  Can you please provide an explanation on this?  He is on my waivers.

I’m also looking to shore up my WR depth.  Your waiver podcast had some great recommendations.  Please rank these WRs to stash ros:

C. Conley

A. Callaway

T. Gabriel

J. Doctson

12 TM PPR  redraft - 

Pick two as bench depth / lottery stash 

Mike Davis

ITO Smith

Spencer Ware

Justin Jackson

Rod Smith

Malcolm Brown

Jamaal Williams

PPR League. Have to sit one of these guys and it's haaaaard:

* A. Jones vs AZ -- Sweet matchup. In the cold of GB. Gotta think he is elite this week.

* J. Conner vs LAC -- Been underwhelming last two games, but have to think PIT corrects this. LAC pass D better than run D.

* N. Chubb @HOU -- Tough matchup. Not sure Chubb will get away with running into the line and banking on a couple big runs against this front 7.

Who do you sit?

Thanks

PPR league. Have to sit one of these WRs:

* J. Gordon vs MN -- If X. Rhodes out, Brady could take some shots. Guy who would replace Rhodes not too shabby. Not a great matchup.

* DJ Moore @TB -- Great matchup. Funchess could be out. May be moving into #1 WR slot.

* A. Jeffery vs WASH -- Been a huge bust lately. Offense in a funk. Tate taking targets. History against Wash mediocre and Norman could shadow.

Who do you sit?

Thanks

4 points per passing TD. Need a QB. 

* L. Jackson @ATL -- ATL D has issues so L. Jackson could exploit. That said, ATL offense will be more competent than BALT's last two opponents.

or

* R. Wilson vs SF -- Hard to sit Wilson right now, but they could just pound the rock if up big.

Who?

Thanks

Only WR’s going into playoffs are Edelman/Cooper. Would you add a FA WR like (Humphries, Kirk, Mike Williams, Conley, or Gabriel) or handcuff Connor with Jaylen Samuels?

0.5 PPR

Pick 1 WR

Golden Tate vs. WASH

Tre'Quan Smith vs. DAL

Adam Humphries vs. CAR

Same league, use those guys above, pick 1 that wasn't used and add Kenyan Drake vs. BUF into the mix for my flex.

There seems to be a connection between backups and their preseason WRs - How about Driskel and Kessler?

Can't find a place / way to look that up

Who are the best bench options for a playoff run? Have 4 bench spots available behind starters, PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 flex

QB behind Mahomes (Winston, L Jackson, Mayfield)

RBs behind Cook, Chubb, DJ, Michel (Ware, M Brown, Burkhead, J Jackson, R Smith, Edmonds, Samuels)

WRs behind AB, Diggs (A Miller, Conley, Sutton, Samuel, M Williams)

Good evening, Mr. Bloom,

Current QB's are Winston and L Jackson.  Haven't clinched a playoff berth (wks 15 & 16) yet, but am just about there.  Best QB's on the WW are Stafford, Mariota, and the like.  Anything worth picking up?  Or sit tight?  Basically, is there any under the radar QB, you like for weeks 15 and 16?

A Collins owner.  Just saw the Gus bus didn't practice today, and Dixon may be activated.  Who's next man up, Dixon or Ty Mont?

And finally, for some reason, I find J Driskel intriguing.  He's looked somewhat decent when he's played (albeit in garbage time).  However, being the Bengals D is hot rubbish,  there should be a lot of it.  Is there anything to see there?  Or, have I had one too many Four Lokos?

As always, appreciate your help.

Hello Sig, all below are standard scoring:

Wentz, Mayfield or Winston? Lean Winston

Starting Hill and Thomas, need two from DJ, Conner and Chubb. Love Chubb's volume, hate the matchup. Sick of Arizona being down 4 scores mid-game which tends to blunt DJ and Conner...what are Pitt doing for 3 straight games, throwing virtually every down!? Does that correct this week?

at TE - Brate or Kittle?

DEF - Chiefs at Oakland or Broncos at Bengals (minus seemingly most weapons)

Thanks mate

Hello and thanks once again. 

League 1: (a win and a loss by one of two teams and I'm in)

Standard scoring with PPR

QB:  Rivers or Ryan

RB (pick 2) : Ekelar, Gordon, Chubb, Connor, Mixon

WR (pick 2): Devante Adams, T.Y. Hilton, Galloday, DJ Moore

• Flex: Any player from above not selected to start (Gordon out 😞)
TE: Brate or McDonald (McDonald is late game and currently questionable)

League 2:  (a win and I'm in)

RB:  Pick 2 (Standard scoring w/ PPR and bonus @ 100 yds) Ekelar, Chubb, Ingram (Leaning Ekelar/Chubb)

WR: Need 1 to start along with D Hopkins:    Boyd, Landry, Humphries

• FLEX: Any player from above not selected to start
TE: Reed, Herndon, Lacrosse (who is better start this week and who is best for balance of season)  Herndon faces a particularly DEF stingy vs TE this week.

DEF: Tenn @ home vs NYJ or INDY @ JAX (leaning TENN)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunate enough to have a 1st round bye wrapped up in the playoffs already so looking towards playoff weeks 15 & 16

Lost Doyle and currently have Burton, Jonnu Smith and LaCosse rostered in my PPR league. Everett is also available. Would like to drop a TE to pick up RB Gallman (Barkley owner)

1) Which 2 do I  roster ROS?

2) Who do I start in weeks 15 & 16?

Burton (GB, @SFO)

Smith (@NYG, WAS)

LaCosse (CLE, @OAK)

Everett (PHI, @ARI)

1 pt ppr Week 13

QB: Cam or Ben (leaning Cam)?

WR1: Thielen  WR2/Flex: Sanders, C. Davis, TY Hilton, Josh Reynolds (pick 2)

D/ST ROS: Currently rostered: Houston, KC.... Available: Broncos, Vikings (pick 2 of 4)

As always, Thanks Bloom!

Hey Bloom, thanks in advance!

12 team leagues, 1 PPR, standard scoring

Start Luck @ Jax  or Winston vs Car

Pick 1 RB:  Howard @ NYG;  Henry vs NYJ;  Ware @ Oak

Pick 2 WR: Humphries vs Car;  Samuel @ TB;  Baldwin vs SF;  Gabriel @ NYG;  Watkins @ Oak;  Conley @ Oak

Start Big Ben vs LAC. or. Wilson vs SF

Pick 1 Flex:  Blount vs LAR;  Samuel @ TB;  Landry @ Hou

Pick 1 WR;  T.Smith @ Dal;  Humphries vs Car;  Samuel @ TB

Pick 2 Flex;  T.Coleman vs Bal;  J. Howard @ NYG;  J.Wilkins @ Jax;  Samuel @ TB;  T. Smith @ Dal;   R. Switzer vs LAC

Appreciate your help!

Thanks, as always, for doing this & special thanks for the early start too.

12-team , .5 PPR, 4pts passing TD, 3yr  Keeper league (keeper rules below)

Keeper rules:

• Can only Keep players after round 5
  • Yr 1 keeper = round prior to draft round (FA = last round {17})
  • Yr 2 keeper = 1/2 previous year (ex. yr 1 = 12th rd, yr 2 = 6th) In case of odd round (ex 11th) goes back a round, 6th. 
  • Yr 3 keeper - 1st round 
  • can trade keepers for draft picks
My roster (currently in 1st at 10-2) - players in red = can't be kept

• QB: Watson (9th - yr2), L. Jackson (17th - yr1)
  • RB: Gurley, Kamara (6th - yr 2), Chubb (8th - yr 1), Lindsay (17th - yr 1), M. Brown (17th - yr 1), S. Ware (17th - yr 1)
  • WR: AJ Green, TY Hilton, J. Gordon, A. Cooper, Humphries (17th - yr 1)
  • TE: Kelce, Brate (11th - yr1)
  • K: Zuerlein
  • DST: MIN
Question:

Would you drop either Brate or Humphries (or anyone else) for the below potential keepers or better to just "hold" for now (looking to make the move before the teams officially out of playoffs can make them):

• J. McKinnon (kept for 8th rd - yr 2)
  • R. Penny (kept for 6th rd - yr 1)
  • Michael Gallup (kept for 9th rd - yr 1)

12 team non ppr

Pick 2 RBs:

Breida vs SEA

Ingram vs DAL

Carson vs SF

Pick 1 WR:

Jeffrey vs WAS

Godwin vs CAR

Samuel vs TBB

Ty Williams vs PIT

THANKS!

Hi Sig,

I'd value your thoughts on who to pick for my 2nd WR (std scoring) - Golladay, Corey Davis or DJ Moore?

Thank you,

Mike

Rent A Defense Question. Looking ahead to week 14, the first round of the playoffs.

My Chicago D faces the LAR. No way I'm playing CHI D against that offense. Unfortunately, there are slim pickings left but I'd like to grab the best option here now before things lock up Sunday at 1. Options:

* NO @TB -- TB smoked them with Fitzy earlier in the year. NO D has improved since then, but this game is outside/away from the dome and Winston seems less turnover prone.

* SEA vs MN -- Don't love this. Lot of weapons, but Cousins tends to have brain farts.

* NYJ @BUF -- Not sure I can trust the Jets and J. Allen seems to get it done by hook or crook.

* INDY @HOU -- Indy D can be disruptive, but can see Watson putting points on the board at home.

* DAL vs PHI -- PHI offense out of sync. Maybe a tough, low scoring defensive battle? Dallas not a big turnover machine though.

* CAR @CLE -- CAR not really a great D at all. Mayfield/Chubb on a bit of a roll, but could turn it over.

Who would you grab now?

Thanks

Terrible options this week (and going forward) due to a lot of injuries at WR, but i'm fighting for a bye and the FBG rankings keep updating and moving this bunch around.  Please pick 3 WRs (0.5 ppr):

Trequan Smith

Alshon Jeffrey

Golden Tate

Christian Kirk

Anthony Miller

Chris Conley

Thanks!

Dak or Baker this week?

I can also wait and try to gamble and pick Winston up off waivers too, but still would have to make the decision to play Dak early or not.

Which of those three would you try to keep/play RoS?
Winston>>Dak>Baker this week

Dak>Winston>Baker ROS

Standard:

Flex - pick one: Howard a NYG / ARob A NYG / AJ Green vs Den (ARob if Green inactive)

.5 PPR:

Mixon vs Den 2 / Ekeler @ Pit 3 / Chubb @ Hou 1 (rank please)

D - Yards and points count: Sea vs SF / Broncos @ Cin / Jax vs Ind

Thanks for all your work this year.

Hi Bloom, 

After Graham's broken thumb I dropped him, then Doyle's kidney leaves me with no TE. 

I've managed to get a bye for the playoffs, so I'm looking to maximize weeks 15 and 16 at TE. If I plan to carry two or three TE over the next two weeks in the hopes that one turns into a legitimate starter, who would you pick up? Matchups are included. 

Please rank:

Herndon - Hou/GB 1

Uzomah - Oak/Cle 3

The two rams TEs

Everett - Phi/Ari 5

Higbee - Phi/Ari 4

and

Jonnu Smith - NYG/Wsh 2

Again, the focus is weeks 15 and 16. 

You're the only one I trust with these questions! Much appreciated. 

I lost Doyle which TE to pickup in my 12 team standard league?

G. Everett (I have Goff)

C. Herndon

I’m also looking to shore up my WR depth.  Your waiver podcast had some great recommendations.  Please pick one to stash ros:

C. Conley

A. Callaway

T. Gabriel

J. Doctson

12 team standard league.

You have D. Henry high in your rankings this week (#16).  I thought D. Lewis took over the lead back role in Tenn?  Can you please provide an explanation on this?  He is on my waivers.

Hey Sig!

Standard - pick2 (Thanks Leonard!); Chubb / DCook / Peterson

Standard - pick3; DAdams / Cooper / DJMoore / Watkins / Baldwin

Standard; Ebron or JCook (Ebron to monitor)

PPR Flex - pick1; Sutton / AMiller / Burton / Hines

DEF; Seattle or Miami

PPR League. Have to sit one of these guys and it's haaaaard:

* A. Jones vs AZ -- Sweet matchup. In the cold of GB. Gotta think he is elite this week.

* J. Conner vs LAC -- Been underwhelming last two games, but have to think PIT corrects this. LAC pass D better than run D.

* N. Chubb @HOU -- Tough matchup. Not sure Chubb will get away with running into the line and banking on a couple big runs against this front 7.

Who do you sit?

Thanks
cant sit chubb or jones they way they are playing right now

PPR league. Have to sit one of these WRs:

* J. Gordon vs MN -- If X. Rhodes out, Brady could take some shots. Guy who would replace Rhodes not too shabby. Not a great matchup.

* DJ Moore @TB -- Great matchup. Funchess could be out. May be moving into #1 WR slot.

* A. Jeffery vs WASH -- Been a huge bust lately. Offense in a funk. Tate taking targets. History against Wash mediocre and Norman could shadow.

Who do you sit?

Thanks

4 points per passing TD. Need a QB. 

* L. Jackson @ATL -- ATL D has issues so L. Jackson could exploit. That said, ATL offense will be more competent than BALT's last two opponents.

or

* R. Wilson vs SF -- Hard to sit Wilson right now, but they could just pound the rock if up big.

Who?

Thanks

There seems to be a connection between backups and their preseason WRs - How about Driskel and Kessler?

Can't find a place / way to look that up
Scott Barrett talked about this week on the couch. Tate got a lot of targets from Driskel, but Green is likely back, so not sure how much playing time he'll have. With Kessler there's not a clear answer, he played more with players who are hurt or dont have a role

Users who are viewing this thread