Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ren hoek

Jeffrey Epstein: dead

14 hours ago, FBG Moderator said:

That's lame. Please don't do it again. If you see something over the top, like the offending post was, please report it as others did. And drop the accusations of " laying down the red carpet for you to make pedophilia jokes/unfounded accusations." TIA. 

I've never reported anyone; I understand why you might want people to do it with some posters, and perhaps I should rethink that policy when it comes to relatively new posters, but everyone knows what HT is about by now. He's been making racist jokes and posting troll-y stuff like that Obama molestation thing for years. Frankly you shouldn't need people to report him every time he does it to know that.

Obviously I was a little cheesed because you continue to make a place for people like him in your community while you give me three bans for benign posts, and I apologize for letting that get the best of me with the "laying down the red carpet for pedophilia jokes" barb. And perhaps my complaints about your policies should have been in the thread on that subject instead of here.  I apologize for that too and if you want to discuss it further I'll be happy to move there.

But I'm not going to apologize for pointing out that you welcome unrepentant poop-stirring bigots like the poster in question into your community while pushing out others, and I stand behind every word of the three posts that earned me bans recently. If that means I'm no longer welcome here that's cool with me, you won't lose me as a customer and I'll keep recommending your work to others. Just make sure you keep sending those great in-season upgrade/downgrade/waiver wire emails, I need those :thumbup:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Max Power said:

Interesting.  There is a lot more to the article than what is quoted.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article228199149.html

Relatedly, in the original Epstein deal, why did the government grant immunity to potential co-conspirators? That's never really never made sense to me. 

From Popehat - "No. There’s no reason for it that makes legitimate sense from the government point of view."

Just now, whoknew said:

Relatedly, in the original Epstein deal, why did the government grant immunity to potential co-conspirators? That's never really never made sense to me. 

From Popehat - "No. There’s no reason for it that makes legitimate sense from the government point of view."

Well there is.... but we won't/can't/don't acknowledge it.

• Thinking 1

10 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/10/nypd-let-convicted-pedophile-jeffrey-epstein-skip-judge-ordered-check-ins/

Big shocker here.  One of the richest men on the planet conveniently doesn't have to check in like the rest of the pedos.  Crickets from the NYPD.

The NYPD cop assigned to monitor Epstein has repeatedly complained to Vance’s Sex Crimes Unit that Epstein wasn’t in compliance, according to a source familiar with the matter.

But prosecutors told the cop to merely send Epstein a letter, reminding him of his reporting requirement.

A Vance spokesman denied that allegation, saying “the NYPD — which is the agency responsible for monitoring SORA compliance — has repeatedly told us that Mr. Epstein was in full compliance with the law.”

“Our office vigorously prosecutes all failure-to-verify cases. Our prosecutors did not and would not discourage the NYPD from making an arrest,” Vance spokesman Danny Frost said.

NYPD spokesman Phillip Walzak said the SOMU “monitored Epstein while his reporting address was in New York City.”

“The NYPD is proud of its hard work alongside our federal partners to make the case against Epstein that lead to his arrest for his vile crimes, and that will ultimately bring justice for his victims.” ...

The problem here is Vance. It's up to the DA to then charge Epstein or any offender with violating their terms.

Vance (repeating here in case you don't know) was the one who tried to downclassify Epstein's status in NYC and was shot down by a judge, and it was Vance who gave Dominique Strauss-Kahn a pass and also apparently blew off (IIRC) accusations against Weinstein for a long time.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The problem here is Vance. It's up to the DA to then charge Epstein or any offender with violating their terms.

Vance (repeating here in case you don't know) was the one who tried to downclassify Epstein's status in NYC and was shot down by a judge, and it was Vance who gave Dominique Strauss-Kahn a pass and also apparently blew off (IIRC) accusations against Weinstein for a long time.

Keep dry Saints. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I thought that too - however, now that I’ve seen the agreement I think I know what it’s about. There are three (4?) listed potential co-conspirators, all female, none household names. 

Reading the SDNY indictment makes clear his behavior - he’d get girls to come on the pretense of massage and then get them to do more. He’d also pay some of those victims to find new recruits. Finding new recruits and making arrangements was also a task for personal assistant-types. 

My guess is that the “co-conspirators” in the non-pros agreement are those types. Personal assistants, or even other victim/masseuses that participated in recruiting or making arrangements. 

Epstein may have fought for a non-pros agreement for those staffers, which the DOJ was fine with because 1) those people probably ended up making statements against Epstein, and 2) the DOJ wasn’t going to prosecute them in any event.

Keep in mind that trafficking a minor (under 18) for sex carries a mandatory minimum 10 years imprisonment.  And in many sex trafficking cases, other than the pimp himself, there’s often not a clear line between “victim” and “co-conspirator.” I’ve definitely seen cases where potential co-conspirator girls have been let off the hook because they were previously victims, and/or they were under the thumb of the pimp.

”sex trafficking” can be the international smuggling of girls, but in the vast majority of cases it’s making arrangements through Backpage or Craigslist, or someone driving a prostitute across state lines for paid sex.

I know people are speculating that the mystery co-conspirators are men like Clinton, Trump, and Dershowitz, but so far the substantiated accusations are all nickel and dime variety that Epstein probably kept to himself.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

i can't find it now, but i read this week that the reason acosta cut this sweetheart deal with epstein was that epstein "belonged" to "intelligence" and acosta was told by his superiors to lay off him. can anyone confirm / unpack this? 

25 minutes ago, randall146 said:

I thought that too - however, now that I’ve seen the agreement I think I know what it’s about. There are three (4?) listed potential co-conspirators, all female, none household names. 

Reading the SDNY indictment makes clear his behavior - he’d get girls to come on the pretense of massage and then get them to do more. He’d also pay some of those victims to find new recruits. Finding new recruits and making arrangements was also a task for personal assistant-types. 

My guess is that the “co-conspirators” in the non-pros agreement are those types. Personal assistants, or even other victim/masseuses that participated in recruiting or making arrangements. 

Epstein may have fought for a non-pros agreement for those staffers, which the DOJ was fine with because 1) those people probably ended up making statements against Epstein, and 2) the DOJ wasn’t going to prosecute them in any event.

Keep in mind that trafficking a minor (under 18) for sex carries a mandatory minimum 10 years imprisonment.  And in many sex trafficking cases, other than the pimp himself, there’s often not a clear line between “victim” and “co-conspirator.” I’ve definitely seen cases where potential co-conspirator girls have been let off the hook because they were previously victims, and/or they were under the thumb of the pimp.

”sex trafficking” can be the international smuggling of girls, but in the vast majority of cases it’s making arrangements through Backpage or Craigslist, or someone driving a prostitute across state lines for paid sex.

I know people are speculating that the mystery co-conspirators are men like Clinton, Trump, and Dershowitz, but so far the substantiated accusations are all nickel and dime variety that Epstein probably kept to himself.  

That makes sense. Thank you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, snitwitch said:

i can't find it now, but i read this week that the reason acosta cut this sweetheart deal with epstein was that epstein "belonged" to "intelligence" and acosta was told by his superiors to lay off him. can anyone confirm / unpack this? 

I read that too. Can’t remember where, but they said it was likely not US intelligence.

2 hours ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/10/nypd-let-convicted-pedophile-jeffrey-epstein-skip-judge-ordered-check-ins/

Big shocker here.  One of the richest men on the planet conveniently doesn't have to check in like the rest of the pedos.  Crickets from the NYPD.

But we'll kill you for selling loose cigarettes on the street.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Epstein gave information to the FBI. 

This too

edit - I don’t know that he did, but it would be a factor in his sweet deal

Edited by randall146

52 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

But we'll kill you for selling loose cigarettes on the street.

Loosies are the first stop on the train that ends in racketeering and wire fraud. #brokenwindowstheory

Edited by The Z Machine

46 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

“BOOM. Jeffrey Epstein requests immunity from prosecution. Says he can deliver the entire Democratic Party on a silver platter. Hillary, Bill, MSM collusion, illegal voting schemes, Foundation money laundering and more.”

It’s Q-2 electric boogaloo 

• Like 4
  • Laughing 3

22 minutes ago, randall146 said:

I hope he doesn’t deliver the entire Democratic Party. No reason. 

i'm still registered R.  i'm safe.

33 minutes ago, randall146 said:

“BOOM. Jeffrey Epstein requests immunity from prosecution. Says he can deliver the entire Democratic Party on a silver platter. Hillary, Bill, MSM collusion, illegal voting schemes, Foundation money laundering and more.”

It’s Q-2 electric boogaloo 

Illegal votings schemes that they forgot to use to win the presidential election. :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Illegal votings schemes that they forgot to use to win the presidential election. :lol: 

*Nervous laughing*

1 hour ago, Weebs210 said:

*Nervous laughing*

Why would anyone be nervous about that type of nonsense facebook page and random post from “FloridaDude297”?

9 hours ago, randall146 said:

Just to clear this up - Ghislene (sp?) Maxwell was one coconspirator. As I understand it she was the manager and chief procurer. We don’t know who was in the NPA but she was certainly one and there was zero reason to give her immunity.

38 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Just to clear this up - Ghislene (sp?) Maxwell was one coconspirator. As I understand it she was the manager and chief procurer. We don’t know who was in the NPA but she was certainly one and there was zero reason to give her immunity.

Pretty crazy the Clinton's invited her to Chelsea's wedding...

I think Epstein used Dershowitz.  I don't think he is the hooker screwing, pedo type, but who knows.  It seems to me like Epstein knew what he was doing associating with so many people.  Even if a small percentage were pedophiles, everyone ends up getting looked at like a bad guy.  I do applaud Dershowitz for getting out in front of this and discussing it.  

https://youtu.be/_QFAX8uxgeA

Edited by Punxsutawney Phil

32 minutes ago, Snickers said:

Damn on the Intelligencer article. That's hot stuff. 

Edited by rockaction

13 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Why would anyone be nervous about that type of nonsense facebook page and random post from “FloridaDude297”?

FloridaDude1 thru 296 were complete losers that could not be believed but FloridaDude297 is the real deal, Pal.

• Laughing 1

49 minutes ago, Snickers said:

Two good links here about how Epstein might have been operating:

>>In a July 11 letter to the New York federal judge overseeing Epstein’s sex-trafficking case, Epstein’s attorney offered to provide “sealed disclosures” about Epstein’s finances to determine the size of the bond he would need to post to secure his release from jail pending trial.<<

- Look who thinks he can play this game again. 

2 hours ago, Snickers said:

In the 2015 filing, Giuffre claimed that Epstein “debriefed her” after she was forced into sexual encounters so that he could possess “intimate and potentially embarrassing information” to blackmail friends into parking their money with him. She also said photographic and video evidence existed — an assertion that looms especially large now that federal investigators have found a trove of images in Epstein’s home safe.

:popcorn:

The first Labor Secretary nominee withdrew because people found out he beat up his wife. This one resigned for letting a rapist pedophile off the hook. What horrors await us next?

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

BREAKING: Labor Sec. Acosta is resigning

Seems deserved. But I’d still like to find out more about his decision making. 

On 7/9/2019 at 9:57 PM, Sammy3469 said:

Just 2 wild and crazy men, partying with 28 girls shipped into Mar-a-Lago.  :shrug:

Hardly knew the guy...

Fixed the post.   

• Like 1

So we don't care about just having a bunch of "acting" secretaries anymore, right? Because nothing matters anymore?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

The first Labor Secretary nominee withdrew because people found out he beat up his wife. This one resigned for letting a rapist pedophile off the hook. What horrors await us next?

He was also chosen by a man who is the subject of a huge number of sexual misconduct allegations with the help of a staff secretary who subsequently had to resign because people found out he also beat his wife. They are in office in the first place thanks in part to the assistance of a campaign manager who also beat his wife.

And yet the NY Times and Washington Post have both run articles in the last week detailing GOP efforts to recruit women that ignore this stuff. It's not rocket science.  Women probably don't like beating beaten, sexually assaulted and treated like property, and they're probably not gonna respond well to a political party that empowers men who do/enable those things.

1 minute ago, TobiasFunke said:

He was also chosen by a man who is the subject of a huge number of sexual misconduct allegations with the help of a staff secretary who subsequently had to resign because people found out he also beat his wife. They are in office in the first place thanks in part to the assistance of a campaign manager who also beat his wife.

And yet the NY Times and Washington Post have both run articles in the last week detailing GOP efforts to recruit women that ignore this stuff. It's not rocket science.  Women probably don't like beating beaten, sexually assaulted and treated like property, and they're probably not gonna respond well to a political party that empowers men who do/enable those things.

I turned around and saw/Democrats in Virginia...

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

I guarantee that if the GOP hadn't done so much worse in recent memory, Democrats would lose some support from women in Virginia due to Justin Fairfax. 

But as it stands now, the alleged misconduct of one Lt Governor isn't gonna make a lot of difference compared to the systemic rot from the GOP when it comes to how they treat men accused of sexual assault, molestation or domestic violence or enabling those things (as Acosta did).  I hope they address it and force the Dems to push out the next Justin Fairfax because the GOP has given women who are disgusted by his behavior a legitimate alternative, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I saw Al Franken.

Still no apology from Acosta and Trump calls Acosta a great Hispanic man. 

8 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

I saw Al Franken.

Apologies ain't their thing.  

13 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

I saw Al Franken.

Does he grade on a curve?

Listening to Trump and Acosta take questions from the WH lawn for over 30 minutes, I gotta give it to Trump for being a very effective impromptu communicator. He's still on his game and hasn't lost anything off his fastball. Most of the questions were not related to Acosta. He strongly defended Pelosi and said AOC was very disrespectful. 

1 minute ago, SoBeDad said:

Listening to Trump and Acosta take questions from the WH lawn for over 30 minutes, I gotta give it to Trump for being a very effective impromptu communicator. He's still on his game and hasn't lost anything off his fastball. Most of the questions were not related to Acosta. He strongly defended Pelosi and said AOC was very disrespectful. 

His fastball includes such comments as “I never liked Epstein; I didn’t know him personally, but I didn’t like him.” 

More like a screwball. And, if you’re within a few feet of the President, a spitter. 

• Laughing 1