What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (2 Viewers)

NYT is reporting that two guards fell asleep for three hours during their shift, and then falsified the check-in log book.

Epstein had not made any kind of attempt since he was discovered a couple of weeks ago, but it seems he realized on Friday night/Saturday morning that no one was doing the required check, and so took advantage of the situation. 

NYT is reporting that two guards fell asleep for three hours during their shift, and then falsified the check-in log book.

Epstein had not made any kind of attempt since he was discovered a couple of weeks ago, but it seems he realized on Friday night/Saturday morning that no one was doing the required check, and so took advantage of the situation. 
It only makes sense to have the highest prison population per capita in the world when you can deliver this kind of quality in the prison system. 

NYT is reporting that two guards fell asleep for three hours
My buddy who has an HR job told me that falling asleep is one of the only immediately fireable offenses.  You would think this would be on the radar for anyone working a night shift at a prison.  For them to BOTH fall asleep at the same time would be highly unlikely.  I doubt anyone believes this.

Last edited by a moderator:
>>>The two staff members who were guarding the jail unit where Jeffrey Epstein apparently killed himself fell asleep and failed to check on him for about three hours, then falsified records to cover up their mistake, according to several law enforcement and prison officials with knowledge of the matter.

Those disclosures came on Tuesday as the two employees were placed on administrative leave and the warden of the jail, the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, was temporarily reassigned, pending the outcome of the investigation into Mr. Epstein’s death, the Justice Department announced. 

The two staff members in the special housing unit where Mr. Epstein was held — 9 South — falsely recorded in a log that they had checked on the financier, who was facing sex trafficking charges, every 30 minutes, as was required, two of the officials said. Such false entries in an official log could constitute a federal crime.

In fact, the two people guarding Mr. Epstein had been asleep for some or all of the three hours, three of the officials said.

...Prison staff discovered Mr. Epstein, 66, dead in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, officials said. He had apparently hanged himself with a bedsheet, likely fastening the sheet to a top bunk and pitching himself forward, law enforcement and prison officials said.

He had apparently tried to commit suicide once before, on July 23, shortly after he was denied bail, which resulted in him being placed on suicide watch, prison officials familiar with the incident have said. 

Six days later, prison officials determined that he was no longer a threat to his own life and returned him to a cell in the 9 South housing unit with another inmate, officials said. That inmate was later transferred out of the cell, leaving Mr. Epstein alone on Friday night. 

Though it is standard practice to house people who have recently been taken off suicide watch with another person, the prison did not replace Mr. Epstein’s cellmate.

Two prison officials familiar with the incident said the two staff members had not looked in on Mr. Epstein for about three hours before he was found. 

One of the staff members was a former correctional officer who had taken a different position at the detention center that did not involve guarding detainees. He had volunteered to work again as a correctional officer for the extra overtime pay, a law enforcement official and an employee at the jail said. 

The second officer, a woman who was assigned to that wing, had been ordered to work overtime because the jail was short staffed.

Some union leaders for prison workers expressed dismay with Mr. Barr’s decision to allow the warden to continue working, even as the two staff members were placed on leave. 

“It makes me angry that they reassigned the warden,” said Jose Rojas, an official in the prison employees’ union and a teacher at the Coleman prison complex in Sumterville, Fla. “They didn’t put him on administrative leave like the others. The warden made the call to take Epstein off suicide watch and to remove his cellmate. That is egregious.” ... <<<

- NYT

My buddy who has an HR job told me that falling asleep is one of the only immediately fireable offenses.  You would think this would be on the radar for anyone working a night shift at a prison.  For them to BOTH fall asleep at the same time would be highly unlikely.  I doubt anyone believes this.
Did they fall asleep or....(dramatic music)....were they DRUGGED!!!! :tinfoilhat:

NYT is reporting that two guards fell asleep for three hours
My buddy who has an HR job told me that falling asleep is one of the only immediately fireable offenses.  You would think this would be on the radar for anyone working a night shift at a prison.  For them to BOTH fall asleep at the same time would be highly unlikely.  I doubt anyone believes this
Maybe they had some really good sex. :shrug:

I work in a govt 24/7 watch center and yes sleeping is a fireable offense, but at the same time so many people do it we semi have to give it a pass when we catch it. 3 hours is excessive though.

Fell asleep :lol:  .   Sure they did.   More like "hey here is a couple of million dollars to take the blame. "

Of you, who hasn't been in MCC and a former inmate of MCC, I'm not sure why you're holding yourself out as the authority of the process.
Now that we know he hung himself from the top bunk (and that there was a top bunk to hang himself from) I think I made the right call. 

Amused to Death said:
What say you, William Barr?  :popcorn:

Sasse calls on DOJ to 'rip up' Epstein nonprosecution deal to bring 'co-conspirators to justice'

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Tuesday urged Attorney General William Barrto "rip up" a 2008 nonprosecution deal for disgraced financier and accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, arguing that the Justice Department must bring his co-conspirators to justice in wake of his death. 

"The victims of Epstein’s international sex trafficking ring deserve justice," Sasse, who is the chairman of the Senate Judiciary oversight subcommittee, wrote in a letter to Barr on Tuesday.

"In order to bring Epstein’s co-conspirators to justice, the Department of Justice should rip up the non-prosecution, non-investigation agreement entered into by Epstein and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida in 2008," he continued.
Can they do that?

But, at the same time, I'll admit I am curious that I have not heard about any alleged victims suing, or in anyway going after, any other high-profile individuals.

Part of the reason this stays in the news, is the thought that there is an elite cabal of people who are sexually abusing young girls.  Yet, I don't hear about the victims (or law enforcement) pushing for justice against anyone else.

:shrug:

A Republican Senator and the chairman of the Senate Judiciary oversight subcommittee seems to think so.    :shrug:
I mean, does a real lawyer think they can do that?   :P      I have no idea if it's legally allowed for the US govt. to renege on an agreement like that.  

Why is it a conspiracy theory to believe he was killed by powerful people. It’s clearly the most logical scenario

But, at the same time, I'll admit I am curious that I have not heard about any alleged victims suing, or in anyway going after, any other high-profile individuals.

Part of the reason this stays in the news, is the thought that there is an elite cabal of people who are sexually abusing young girls.  Yet, I don't hear about the victims (or law enforcement) pushing for justice against anyone else.

:shrug:
There article mentions that the statute they are suing under just went into effect today. I get the feeling you're saying it's because victims don't want to "commit suicide" though, which is a valid point. 

This is shtick, right? You're parodying the Mueller fanboys, right?
A man has life/legacy altering dirt on many powerful people and he dies on prison of suicide while on suicide watch.  Perhaps I’ve seen WAAAYYYY too many movies but this is open-shut stuff here.  

A man has life/legacy altering dirt on many powerful people and he dies on prison of suicide while on suicide watch.  Perhaps I’ve seen WAAAYYYY too many movies but this is open-shut stuff here.  
That's not what happened, for one thing.

He wasn't on suicide watch.
I found it odd that he was on suicide watch after trying to commit suicide and then within a week he's back off it.  Did he magically get over being suicidal?  That doesn't make any sense to me.  None of it makes sense.

I found it odd that he was on suicide watch after trying to commit suicide and then within a week he's back off it.  Did he magically get over being suicidal?  That doesn't make any sense to me.  None of it makes sense.
Suicide watch very rarely lasts longer than a week or ten days in prisons. 

I did not know that.  Seems kind of pointless since a suicidal person usually remains that way for a while.
Wanting to die/kill yourself and being actively ready to kill yourself are often two different things.  Regardless, they don't have the expertise, manpower, or budget to keep people on suicide watch for months at a time and not make things worse.  

Not going to read all of that but I love the 1999 decor.
It's basically the CrazydaysandNights site, another site that looks like it's designed for a 1999 web browser, but they put the known blind items in red with links.  Much better than the crazy days and nights site.  The guy is all over the place.  Everything from Farah Abrams, Odell Beckham, George Clooney, and Epstein has been popping up more frequently.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7353967/Did-Jeffrey-Epstein-portrait-Bill-Clinton-blue-dress-red-heels-NYC-mansion.html

:mellow:

EXCLUSIVE: Did Jeffrey Epstein have painting of Bill Clinton wearing a blue DRESS and red heels and lounging in the Oval Office inside his Manhattan mansion? Visitor reveals bizarre image inside pedophile's $56m lair
The loons are working overtime to spin this abortion of a story. Buckle up, America. Somehow it’s going to get worse yet before it gets better. 

Huh. That's crazy.

From a link about Maxwell. CNBC.

The newspaper said Borgerson had also been spotted walking Maxwell’s dog in Boston.

Borgerson did not return requests for comment from CNBC.

However, he told NBC News in a statement: “I am traveling abroad for business. Ghislaine Maxwell is not at my home and I don’t know where she is.”

“I’m passionate about ocean policy and wish people were as interested in Jones Act reform, joining the law of the sea, and funding icebreakers,” Borgerson said. - Dan Mangan, CNBC

Ah, yes. Ocean policy. Thank you, sir, may we have another. 

Users who are viewing this thread