Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ren hoek

Jeffrey Epstein: dead

26 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Excellent.  I certainly hope every avenue is explored and everyone involved goes to prison for a long time. 

This is one of those things where you and me are 100% aligned.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Bill, of course. Lolita express and the island. He ditched secret service to be out of range of eyes that could see what he was doing with those girls.

But nothing came of Bill with the Lolita express and this was just another one of your out of left field conspiracy theories involving the Clintons.

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Well, we will see if Individual 1 is named in the indictment ...

But, I suspect this may have stemmed from an original investigation into the people involved in the plea deal, and coverup.

I don’t think that would rule out Trump. Any coverup likely has Trump’s fingerprints all over it. 

• Laughing 1

That DB article eventually takes you to this piece by Vicky Ward.  What a cretin this guy is.  

I had to put all my findings to Epstein and, bizarrely, he seemed almost unconcerned about the financial irregularities I’d exposed. He admitted to working with and for Hoffenberg but quibbled with some of the specifics of Hoffenberg’s allegations, reminding me that Hoffenberg was a convicted felon. Third parties in turn quibbled with his accounts, and he was irritated, but not overly so.

I was a little mystified at how benignly he responded to my questions about his business activities. Now, when I look at my meticulous notes, I notice that his tempo quickened—and he was much more focused—when he himself asked: “What do you have on the girls?” He would ask the question over and over again.

What I had “on the girls” were some remarkably brave first-person accounts. Three on-the-record stories from a family: a mother and her daughters who came from Phoenix. The oldest daughter, an artist whose character was vouchsafed to me by several sources, including the artist Eric Fischl, had told me, weeping as she sat in my living room, of how Epstein had attempted to seduce both her and, separately, her younger sister, then only 16.

He’d gotten to them because of his money. He’d promised the older sister patronage of her art work; he’d promised the younger funding for a trip abroad that would give her the work experience she needed on her résumé for a place at an Ivy League university, which she desperately wanted—and would win.

The girls’ mother told me by phone that she had thought her daughters would be safe under Epstein’s roof, not least because he phoned her to reassure her, and she also knew he had Ghislaine Maxwell with him at all times.

When the girls’ mother learned that Epstein had, regardless, allegedly molested her 16-year-old daughter, she’d wanted to fight back. “At the time I wanted to go after him. I mean, physically, mentally, you know, in every way, shape, and form. And the advice I was given was, you know, he is so wealthy, he can fight you, he can make you look ridiculous, he can make your daughters look ridiculous, plus he can hurt them. And that was the thing that frightened me was that he would know where they lived and could possibly just send somebody when they walk the dog at night or something around the corner, and we’d never hear from them again,” she told me.

When I put their allegations to Epstein, he denied them and went into overdrive. He called Graydon. He also repeatedly phoned me. He said, “Just the mention of a 16-year-old girl… carries the wrong impression. I don’t see what it adds to the piece. And that makes me unhappy.”

Next, Epstein attacked both me and my sources. Letters purporting to be from the women were sent to Graydon, which the women claimed (and gave evidence to show me) were fabricated fakes. I had my own notes to disprove Epstein’s claims against me.

And then there was Epstein himself, who, I’d be told after I’d given birth, got past security at Condé Nast and went into the Vanity Fair offices. By now everyone at the magazine was completely spooked.

But my sources, my young women and their mother, heroically held firm. They were going to tell their story, consequences be damned. And as for me? My doctor insisted that once I filed this piece I lie down on my bed and not get out. One of my babies had started to grow alarmingly slowly.

I worked through December 2002 like a dog. I worked with three fact-checkers, the magazine’s lawyer; I sifted through everything Epstein threw at me and defused it. We were getting ready to go to press. And then the bullet came. “Graydon’s taking out the women from the piece,” Doug Stumpf, my editor, told me.

I began to cry. It was so wrong. The family had been so brave. I thought about the mother, her fear of the dark, of the harm she feared might come to her daughters. And then I thought of all the rich, powerful men in suits ready to talk about Epstein’s “great mind.”

“Why?” I asked Graydon. “He’s sensitive about the young women” was his answer. “And we still get to run most of the piece.”

Many years later I know that Graydon made the call that seemed right to him then—and though the episode still deeply rankles me I don’t blame him. He sits in different shoes from me; editors are faced with these sorts of decisions all the time, and disaster can strike if they don’t err on the side of caution.

It came down to my sources’ word against Epstein’s… and at the time Graydon believed Epstein. In my notebook I have him saying, “I believe him… I’m Canadian.”

Today, my editor at The Daily Beast emailed Graydon to ask why he had excised the women’s stories from my article. A Vanity Fair spokeswoman responded: “Epstein denied the charges at the time and since the claims were unsubstantiated and no criminal investigation had been initiated, we decided not to include them in what was a financial story.”

But this wasn’t a financial story, it was a classic Vanity Fair profile of a society figure. I don’t know—because I never asked him—if Graydon still believed Epstein when in 2007 Epstein was sentenced to jail time for soliciting underage prostitutes. But it has often struck me that if my piece had named the women, the FBI might have come after Epstein sooner and perhaps some of his victims, now, in the latest spate of allegations, allegedly either paid off or too fearful of retribution to speak up, would have been saved.

He has a way of spooking you, does Epstein. Or he did. My babies were born prematurely, dangerously so; he’d asked which hospital I was giving birth at—and I was so afraid that somehow, with all his connections to the academic and medical community, that he was coming for my little ones that I put security on them in the NICU.

When they’d been released home some months later, I went out to my first party. There was Jeffrey Epstein, sucking a lollipop. “Vicky,” he said, “you look so pretty.”

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

This is one of those things where you and me are 100% aligned.

I'd like to think everyone is.

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump said in 2002. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it—Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

Must be some worried folks in Washington tonight.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Must be some worried folks in Washington tonight.

And south Florida.  That was his launch pad. He recruited directly from Mar-A-Lago workers at one point. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

And south Florida.  That was his launch pad. He recruited directly from Mar-A-Lago workers at one point. 

I wonder if it’s tweetstorm bad or bomb Iran bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

But nothing came of Bill with the Lolita express and this was just another one of your out of left field conspiracy theories involving the Clintons.

REALLY don’t want to go back and look it up, but there were at least a couple dozen trips Bill took on Lolita Express, and something like a dozen of them were without his secret service detail. If you’re going to lie down with dogs, you’re going to get fleas. Frankly surprised Bill doesn’t get more flack for this association, because it wreaks to high hell. And it’s not a conspiracy theory. He was on that plane, under very sketchy circumstances. And Trump was credibly accused by an Epstein sex slave (13 at the time), and Prince Andrew was also implicated. Epstein was the billionaire with the young girls that he passed around. 

• Laughing 1

https://twitter.com/JohnDoe78359022/status/1147661842925445120

BREAKING: The Daily Beast is reporting that Jeffrey Epstein was arrested tonight for allegedly "sex trafficking dozens of minors in New York and Florida between 2002 and 2005." 

He's due in court Monday morning. 

People who are known to have flown on Jeffrey Epstein's private plane in the early 2000's include President Bill Clinton, Kevin Spacey, and Chris Tucker

Woody Allen and his wife were photographed walking with Jeffrey Epstein after Epstein’s release from prison for soliciting six from a minor.

After his release from prison for soliciting sex rom a minor, Jeffrey Epstein hosted a party attended by @katiecouric, Woody Allen, @chelseahandler, and ABC News Chief Anchor @GStephanopoulos 

In 2002, before Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest, President Trump was quoted in New York Magazine saying “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy... It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

According to the Guardian, Jeffrey Epstein’s address book included phone numbers for Tony Blair, Michael Bloomberg, Richard Branson, Bill Clinton, Rupert Murdoch, Donald Trump, Dustin Hoffman, Naomi Campbell, and Queen Elizabeth’s son Prince Andrew

A woman filed a lawsuit accusing Jeffrey Epstein of forcing her to have sex with Prince Andrew in three separate occasions when she was only 17

Miami Herald source on Jeffrey Epstein’s court hearing:

“That bail hearing will be critical because if they grant him bail, he will disappear and they will never get him”

58 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

https://twitter.com/JohnDoe78359022/status/1147661842925445120

BREAKING: The Daily Beast is reporting that Jeffrey Epstein was arrested tonight for allegedly "sex trafficking dozens of minors in New York and Florida between 2002 and 2005." 

He's due in court Monday morning. 

People who are known to have flown on Jeffrey Epstein's private plane in the early 2000's include President Bill Clinton, Kevin Spacey, and Chris Tucker

Woody Allen and his wife were photographed walking with Jeffrey Epstein after Epstein’s release from prison for soliciting six from a minor.

After his release from prison for soliciting sex rom a minor, Jeffrey Epstein hosted a party attended by @katiecouric, Woody Allen, @chelseahandler, and ABC News Chief Anchor @GStephanopoulos 

In 2002, before Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest, President Trump was quoted in New York Magazine saying “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy... It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

According to the Guardian, Jeffrey Epstein’s address book included phone numbers for Tony Blair, Michael Bloomberg, Richard Branson, Bill Clinton, Rupert Murdoch, Donald Trump, Dustin Hoffman, Naomi Campbell, and Queen Elizabeth’s son Prince Andrew

A woman filed a lawsuit accusing Jeffrey Epstein of forcing her to have sex with Prince Andrew in three separate occasions when she was only 17

Miami Herald source on Jeffrey Epstein’s court hearing:

“That bail hearing will be critical because if they grant him bail, he will disappear and they will never get him”

It’s unlikely all the power players in his phone book were involved in this.  It’s equally unlikely that none of them were. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2019/07/03/jeffrey-epstein-documents-could-expose-powerful-politicians-businessmen/

Rats have two weeks to file appeals before “prominent politicians, a well know PM and powerful businessmen” are exposed in release of sealed records. Let’s hope truth prevails, despite those inevitable appeals.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2019/07/03/jeffrey-epstein-documents-could-expose-powerful-politicians-businessmen/

Rats have two weeks to file appeals before “prominent politicians, a well know PM and powerful businessmen” are exposed in release of sealed records. Let’s hope truth prevails, despite those inevitable appeals.

All involved should be thrown in jail for life 

• Like 3

Take this for what it’s worth, but this is apparently (per Twitter) a court filing from 2016 naming Donald J Trump as a defendant alongside Epstein, and detailing his abuses.

https://doc-0o-44-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/23nbsh7krd5ua8nm1199jdj9umom4fjf/1562472000000/11529635909308128390/*/14SGsAvFUiBOQ--_dCZ1L6l-tjnGgsKG9?e=download

Epstein pleaded the 5th in regard to Trump!

3 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Take this for what it’s worth, but this is apparently (per Twitter) a court filing from 2016 naming Donald J Trump as a defendant alongside Epstein, and detailing his abuses.

https://doc-0o-44-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/23nbsh7krd5ua8nm1199jdj9umom4fjf/1562472000000/11529635909308128390/*/14SGsAvFUiBOQ--_dCZ1L6l-tjnGgsKG9?e=download

Whoa.  Makes me violently ill.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

To be fair - this is an FBI-led case (i.e. its federal, not state, charges.)

The new indictment—which, according to two sources, will be unsealed Monday in Manhattan federal court—will reportedly allege that Epstein sexually exploited dozens of underage girls in a now-familiar scheme: paying them cash for "massages" and then molesting or sexually abusing them in his Upper East Side mansion or his palatial residence in Palm Beach. Epstein will be charged with one count of sex trafficking of minors and one count of conspiracy to engage in sex trafficking of minors—which could put him away for a maximum of 45 years. The case is being handled by the Public Corruption Unit of the Southern District of New York, with assistance from the district's human-trafficking officials and the FBI.

Thanks. So federal, which means a federal crime, right? 

I guess the minimalist approach is the public corruption aspect might mean a sort of racket? Because otherwise how does this get worked in without public favors of some kind?

Conspiracy obviously means one other person. Would that be Maxwell?

Also it’s one count which I guess means one victim has come forward and she must be lock solid.

Ill add this sounds like the reporting the Miami Herald did on JE’s activities in NYC. They have been dogged especially Julie Brown.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Wow

This really isn’t a partisan issue, it’s an issue that will cross parties and cross country lines. Trump and Clinton are quite possibly both directly involved.

Edited by shader
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, shader said:

This really isn’t a partisan issue, it’s an issue that will cross parties and cross country lines. Trump and Clinton are quite possibly both directly involved.

Exactly

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shader said:

I think we’re going to see that the usual partisan games of bending reality may finally hit an edge, when it’s clearly covering for sex crimes against kids.

Example: Trump Twitter bot army trying to spin this as partisan attempt to implicate him. His faithful liars working overtime. What are they getting in front of now?

Edited by Mr. Ham

27 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

If these new charges are based on the cooperation of ‘Tiffany Doe’ and that is truthful testimony, this will be one of the biggest scandals in history. And I sincerely hope she is somewhere under strict protection. That testimony is only about the woman accusing Trump. It’s likely she was witness to much more than that.

Reading that turned my stomach but nothing about it is hard to believe.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

If these new charges are based on the cooperation of ‘Tiffany Doe’ and that is truthful testimony, this will be one of the biggest scandals in history. And I sincerely hope she is somewhere under strict protection. That testimony is only about the woman accusing Trump. It’s likely she was witness to much more than that.

Reading that turned my stomach but nothing about it is hard to believe.

It made me sick but it’s probably fake. Until we get proof though, anyone who has association with Epstein is gonna be a target of this kind of thing

19 minutes ago, shader said:

Who cares, if they're guilty lock 'em up.

Hell, if it were my dad or my favorite celebrity or whoever I'd still want them locked up. 

This actually happened to a good friend of mine, and while I still find it impossible to reconcile the man I knew with what he did, I'm glad he'll never be free again. It wasn't a hard decision. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Ham said:

I believe that’s the one that was dismissed and refiled before the election.  The one most of the right dismissed as unbelievable lies. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Do you realize that you’re literally the only person here who is trying to defend somebody on your own side? 

Shame on you. 

Meh.  Epstein is a scumbag and this all needs to be brought to light, but there’s a process for that.  Ham likes his conspiracy theories.  The people who are guilty deserve to spend their lives in prison.  They need to be found guilty first though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonessed said:

Meh.  Epstein is a scumbag and this all needs to be brought to light, but there’s a process for that.  Ham likes his conspiracy theories.  The people who are guilty deserve to spend their lives in prison.  They need to be found guilty first though.

Did you read the court filing I linked?

And good God, conspiracy?

-Barr trying to suppress just last week 

-Dershowitz publicly saying he wants records unsealed, but privately fighting

-Dersh spent last 2 years strangely defending indefensible legal positions for Trump

-Guy who originally covered this up with illegal prosecution agreement (Acosta) gets cabinet post and holds it when it’s outed

-Clinton ditched SS to ride Lolita express multiple times 

-Prince Andrew implicated before cover-up

-Details of Trump accuser released and Epstein took 5th

It’s not a conspiracy. It’s evident on the face of it. And I’m not a fan of those deferring to the predators.

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

In response to a rape allegation, Trump said the victim wasn’t his type. At a point, satire is important and warranted. Who says that? (Oh. Trump did). Stop playing the victim and take some accountability. You’re in bed with the damn devil.

Are you talking about the insane lady who even CNN had to cut off because she said that rape was sexy?

Get a grip.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

I support anyone involved with covering up the Epstein investigation and anyone involved with sex with minors being prosecuted.

Keep your projection to yourself.

Then pledge that you’ll stop the mindless partisan crap. This has nothing to do with Mueller, and Barr DOJ is not heroic. It fought what SDNY did tooth and nail. Let the facts come out, and when they invariably involve Trump don’t retract to the new taking points to defend what is evident.

10 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Are you talking about the insane lady who even CNN had to cut off because she said that rape was sexy?

Get a grip.

You realize she told friends what happened contemporaneously? They corroborate her account of forcible rape. Which is the 20 somethingth accusation. Remember Obama’s 26 accusers? Oh no, you don’t.

When you defend the devil and time and again assassinate the character of victims, it reflects on you, and who you are.  

And yes, I’m extra fired up tonight because I’ve been on this story since 2016, and it very much colored my choice for the election. It’s fairly evident that Epstein was like a coke dealer for the very powerful, only it wasn’t coke at all, it was young powerless girls. 

And you should know I voted for Trump. In part because of the hypocrisy of Bill inhabiting the White House after being a part of this. Hillary was such a bad candidate that she couldn’t even take the high road and attack Trump on Epstein! Such was the morass we found ourselves in!

Prosecute them all! Every guilty one, abroad borders, across parties!

But you’re going to have to face facts... Trump is a conman and a reprehensible dude.

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

You troll. This isn’t Pizzagate or Q. It’s real charges and court filings and pleading the 5th. Apparently you support it. Blocking you. 

Speaking of "Q", it mentioned Epstein 17 times. Seems odd that if "Q" was some pro Trump conspiracy it would be shining light on something that would bring Trump down because he is, in your words, a pedophile.

17 times "Q" mentioned Epstein

Perhaps there is some truth to the claims that there are sex trafficking rings among the rich and famous.

Speaking of, I didn't see any threads on NXVIM, the sex trafficking ring whose leader was recently convicted. They have some uncomfortably close ties to Gillibrands and the Clintons.

• Laughing 1

I know you guys like to dismiss, even ban people for discussing "Q" stuff. How would you feel if it turns out you were wrong this whole time. In fact you have been defending rapists and pedophiles? 

I would hope that you would set your hatred of Trump aside. 

Based on every single thread in this forum though, that is unlikely.

I will likely be banned for my "wrong think" but I will check back in when it is all revealed. Especially interested in Maurile's take as he has been one of the strongest supporters.

7 minutes ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

I know you guys like to dismiss, even ban people for discussing "Q" stuff. How would you feel if it turns out you were wrong this whole time. In fact you have been defending rapists and pedophiles? 

I will likely be banned for my "wrong think" but I will check back in when it is all revealed. Especially interested in Maurile's take as he has been one of the strongest supporters.

Who is defending ‘rapists and pedophiles’? Almost everyone is saying take everyone down even if it’s Bill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Speaking of "Q", it mentioned Epstein 17 times. Seems odd that if "Q" was some pro Trump conspiracy it would be shining light on something that would bring Trump down because he is, in your words, a pedophile.

17 times "Q" mentioned Epstein

Perhaps there is some truth to the claims that there are sex trafficking rings among the rich and famous.

Speaking of, I didn't see any threads on NXVIM, the sex trafficking ring whose leader was recently convicted. They have some uncomfortably close ties to Gillibrands and the Clintons.

That’s weird.  There was actually a thread - maybe a discussion in another - when the story originally broke. I remember discussing it on here.  Can’t find it now either. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

I’m choosing to focus on the actual charges and sealed documents in actual real courts. Otherwise, it’s a distraction, and I’m glad that prosecutors are keeping their eye on the ball. 

This has deserved to be the top story in every major news org for a long time, and hoping it will achieve that status and remain there until the truth is outed, with minimal spin, fantasy, and obstruction from partisan lawmakers. 

This isn’t the usual partisan food fight. It’s about real kids who were sexually preyed upon, and everyone involved deserves long prison terms. 

Edited by Mr. Ham

Great work by the Miami Herald on this. Without them, none of this would have come to light.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Julie Brown on MSNBC talking about Epstein and the current allegations.  She said there are definitely some powerful people sweating it out right now if Epstein starts naming names. 

They asked about his relationship to Trump and her reply was that they were friendly and had a few dinners together.  Trump had been on Epstein's plane before. 

Apparently Trump had/has a modelling agency and Epstein is on record wanting to set up a modelling agency "like Trumps".

Miami Herald report.

Sources told the Herald that the indictment includes new victims and witnesses who spoke to authorities in New York over the past several months.

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

BY JULIE K. BROWN

More than a decade after receiving one of the most lenient sentences for a serial sex offender in U.S history, multimillionaire Jeffrey Epstein has been arrested outside of New York, sources confirmed to the Miami Herald Saturday night.

Epstein was arrested at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey, according to one of the sources. Flight records show he had just flown to Teterboro from Paris on Saturday.

Around 5:30 p.m. Saturday, about a dozen federal agents broke down the door to Epstein’s Manhattan townhouse to execute search warrants, witnesses and sources said.

“We heard the loud banging and we walked over and saw all these FBI agents just pounding down the door,” a witness told the Herald. 

Epstein, 66, is expected to be arraigned in federal court in New York on Monday on charges that he molested dozens of underage girls in New York and in Florida, the sources said. His arrest, first reported by the Daily Beast, comes nearly two weeks after the Justice Department announced that it would not throw out his 2008 non-prosecution agreement, even though a federal judge ruled it was illegal.

Rumors had been circulating for months that Epstein was under investigation on sex charges in the Southern District of New York. It’s not clear what instances those investigations involved, and the Herald had not been able to confirm the status of the New York probe.

Sources said he was arrested by the FBI pursuant to a sealed indictment that will be unsealed on Monday. He is in custody in New York and a bail hearing is set for Monday.

“That bail hearing will be critical because if they grant him bail, he has enough money that he will disappear and they will never get him,’’ a source in New York told the Herald.

Last November, the Miami Herald published a series of stories, titled Perversion of Justice, that described the ways in which the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida, Alexander Acosta, worked in conjunction with Epstein’s lawyers to engineer the non-prosecution agreement — and keep it secret from Epstein’s victims, so they could not object. Acosta is now President Donald Trump’s secretary of labor.

Sources told the Herald that the indictment includes new victims and witnesses who spoke to authorities in New York over the past several months.

“Oh my God. Finally, finally, finally! Justice!’ said Michelle Licata, one of Epstein’s victims who was molested by him when she was 16 years old.

Epstein, who has homes in Manhattan, Palm Beach, New Mexico, Paris and in the U.S. Virgin Islands, sexually abused nearly three dozen girls, mostly 13-16 years old, at his Palm Beach mansion from 1999 to 2006, according to investigators. He used the girls to help recruit other young girls as part of an operation that ran similar to a pyramid scheme. He also had recruiters who helped with his appointments, scheduling as many as three or four girls a day, the FBI probe found.

Acosta met one-on-one with Epstein’s lawyer, Jay Lefkowitz, in October 2007, at a West Palm Beach Marriott. Records reviewed by the Herald showed that it was at that meeting that Acosta agreed to a non-prosecution agreement that gave Epstein and others involved in his operation federal immunity.

As part of the deal, Epstein was allowed to plead guilty to two state prostitution charges involving a 17-year-old girl, and he served 13 months in the Palm Beach County jail. The deal was sealed, however, so that no one — not even his victims — knew the details about the agreement until nearly a year later. By that time, Epstein had already been released from jail and had returned to his jet-setting life.

On Wednesday, a federal appeals court in New York ordered the unsealing of up to 2,000 pages of documents that are expected to show evidence relating to whether Epstein and his partner, Ghislaine Maxwell, were recruiting underage girls and young women as part of an international sex trafficking operation. Maxwell, 57, has never been charged.

The ruling came after the Herald — joined by a consortium of media companies, including the New York Times — asked that the records be opened. Two other parties, social media blogger Michael Cernovich and lawyer Alan Dershowitz, also sought to have some of the documents made public. Dershowitz, who represented Epstein during the 2006-2007 federal criminal probe, has also been accused of having sex with one of Epstein’s underage girls. Dershowitz has denied the allegation and has said that the records will clear him of any wrongdoing.

As part of its investigation, the Herald was able to identify nearly 80 girls who were molested by Epstein. Four of the victims, now in their late 20s and early 30s, spoke on video about how they were traumatized first by Epstein, then by his lawyers and private investigators, and finally by the prosecutors themselves, who disposed of the case without telling them.

One of the victims, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, said that she was forced by Epstein and Maxwell to have sex with a number of wealthy and powerful politicians, academics and government leaders, including Dershowitz and Prince Andrew. She has never named the other men, largely because she has been afraid, her lawyers said.

In October 2017, as the #MeToo movement spurred a national conversation about the sexual harassment and abuse of women, the Herald had already begun examining the Epstein case. Earlier that year, following Acosta’s nomination as labor secretary, the Herald began to take a closer look at what role he played in Epstein’s controversial plea bargain. In the 10 years since Epstein’s case was closed by the FBI, about two dozen civil court cases had been filed, often alleging that Epstein’s sex crimes with underage victims were far more serious than prosecutors led the public to believe.

The vast trove of litigation included tens of thousands of pages of court pleadings, motions, appeals, depositions, hearing transcripts, judges’ decisions, witness and victim statements, as well as emails and letters between federal prosecutors and Epstein’s defense lawyers.

Besides sorting through volumes of court documents, the Herald also began the process of trying to locate Epstein’s victims — most of whom were labeled in court documents as Jane Does in order to protect their identities as minors. Many of the women said they had never told anyone of the abuse because they were too ashamed and already felt that the criminal justice system had failed them.

The Herald then set about obtaining 10 years of public records connected to the Epstein criminal cases. These included the Palm Beach State Attorney’s Office files, the Palm Beach police files, and records from the Florida Department of Corrections, the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office, the FBI and the U.S. Department of Justice.

Epstein’s primary residence is on Little St. James, an island off the coast of St. Thomas. Last year, he purchased a second larger island, Great St. James, where he has been clearing land in preparation for building. His plane records show that during the time he was abusing young girls, he was flying former President Bill Clinton, Harvard professors and administrators, Nobel-prize winning scientists, actresses, actors, philanthropists and a who’s who of wealthy and powerful people to his island.

His plane, nicknamed “the Lolita Express,’’ was also allegedly used to traffic women and girls from overseas, Giuffre told the Herald.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think we should assume Trump did anything wrong with Epstein. Or Bill Clinton. Or Dershowitz.  Let’s see what the evidence shows. Calling any of these guys a pedophile based on what we know at this time is wrong IMO. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'm going to have to revisit this later when I have time to read the whole thing.  I just hate that darn near every single one of these stories starts the same way with no one believing the victim's claims against powerful people.

I can't even imagine what powerful people were getting away pre-internet days and how emboldened they were.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

The documents will not be immediately available, as anonymous individuals involved in the case have two weeks to file appeals.

I don't mean to read into things but sure looks like misdeeds and names might be made available in 2-4 weeks via this avenue, so.... maybe act now to get ahead of things rather than face claims that Epstein was protected? Amazing SDNY just now feels ready to act. Finally.

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm going to have to revisit this later when I have time to read the whole thing.  I just hate that darn near every single one of these stories starts the same way with no one believing the victim's claims against powerful people.

I can't even imagine what powerful people were getting away pre-internet days and how emboldened they were.

Yes the editor in chief of Vanity Fair drew a line through a chunk of the story because he said he believed Epstein. It was 2003 but he claimed it was because he said he (the editor) was Canadian and so just naturally trusted people.

- The other piece of that story worth noting is the apparently mysterious source of Epstein's money.

The guy just bought a bigger island, folks, next to his current one.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Just reading about this story makes me feel ill.  Anyone who was involved with this should go down, and go down big time. 

Sadly, I won't be surprised if enough stuff happens behind the scenes to where we never find out much more.  I am sure there are multiple contracts already out there on Epstein's life. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 11:07 AM, Mr. Ham said:

And just to revisit this piece the DOJ just said that they won't rescind the Epstein NPA. 

It will be worth watching how the DOJ responds to this arrest.

7 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

I support anyone involved with covering up the Epstein investigation and anyone involved with sex with minors being prosecuted.

And you believe Democrats don't want the same thing?

8 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Yes the editor in chief of Vanity Fair drew a line through a chunk of the story because he said he believed Epstein. It was 2003 but he claimed it was because he said he (the editor) was Canadian and so just naturally trusted people.

- The other piece of that story worth noting is the apparently mysterious source of Epstein's money.

The guy just bought a bigger island, folks, next to his current one.

That doesn’t seem like very good reporting/editing.