What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (5 Viewers)

It kind of looks like Epstein was abducted and killed.  Not arrested to face his day in court.  I have nothing but contempt for this guy, but the NY justice system should have kept him alive.  Even if it was actually a suicide, that seems like a huge systemic failure.  I don't see what good it does for prison to be so unlivable that suicide is seen as a viable option.  
Not really on board with the rest, but the bolded I absolutely agree with.

About Baden, it sounds like he's a hired gun, albeit a credible one? - The only thing that occurs to me is that maybe the most important factor here is who gets the money if it's an accident and who gets the money if it wasn't and if those are different then that's probably what's driving the Baden theory. Not that that makes him wrong, he could be right.

Last edited by a moderator:
About Baden, it sounds like he's a hired gun, albeit a credible one? - The only thing that occurs to me is that maybe the most important factor here is who gets the money if it's an accident and who gets the money if it wasn't and if those are different then that's probably what's driving the Baden theory. Not that that makes him wrong, he could be right.
If it's a murder, an accidental death policy pays out.  If it's suicide, it doesn't.

Least surprising news ever. Him being killed was always the most likely scenario
There is literally no new information except that an expert hired by his brother/likely beneficiary has said there's some evidence that could point to homicide.  That's the extent of the news.  All of which is evidence already discussed in detail in this thread and by the coroner.

Assuming there is an actual accidental death policy:

If that's the case, this is the worst expert opinion I can imagine for a case besides "nope, he killed himself" for the person who hired the expert. 

Most life insurance policies will cover suicide if it happens two years or later after the policy was issued.
Accidental death policies do not.

Edit: for instance, I have a little over a million in life insurance.  But there's another million in accidental death & dismemberment insurance that's much cheaper.  So if I hung myself, it would behoove my wife to contact an expert and hire him to give an opinion that it was murder.

Edit: for instance, I have a little over a million in life insurance.  But there's another million in accidental death & dismemberment insurance that's much cheaper.  So if I hung myself, it would behoove my wife to contact an expert and hire him to give an opinion that it was murder.
Well, for sure, as no one would believe you could accidentally get that beak into a noose.

I tried to get a million in term life about a year ago.  Apparently I'm in worse shape than I even thought.  Yet most people wouldn't think so if you looked at me. Very fit but sports and fast living have ruined me. What a ride. 

Only if she has an alibi  ;)

So Amy Robach let loose that ABC management killed her Epstein story 3 years ago.  All over the fear from the palace that they would lose access to Will and Kate.

Can executives here get charged with aiding and abetting a child molester?  One can't help but wonder how much more damage was done during those 3 years.  At the very least the whole executive team should get ousted, today.

NBC - quashed Weinstein story

ABC - quashed Epstein story

No moral compass whatsoever in these organizations.  None.

Can executives here get charged with aiding and abetting a child molester?  One can't help but wonder how much more damage was done during those 3 years.  At the very least the whole executive team should get ousted, today.
I agree with your overall point about more accountability at news divisions.  But, have there been allegations of wrongdoing in the last 3 years?  (I don't know the answer - just asking the question without hitting up google).

By now, dozens of prominent men should be publicly implicated.
Yeah, that’s more or less the way I feel too.  The fact is, the NY justice system scooped up one of the most important witnesses of all time, and now that witness is dead.  

That trial would have been an all-consuming affair, with enormous implications about the way we view power and officialdom.  Those girls would have gotten their day in court.  Instead, it’s just memoryholed away behind the daily palace intrigues.  I just don’t see a real just ending to all this in the future.  

ren hoek said:
That project veritas video underscores how brave Julie K Brown’s work was, and how much credit the Miami Herald deserves for pushing back and not backing down from the story.  What kind of world do we live in where a news organization buries that?
Propaganda organization. She mentioned Clinton, so of course it got shut down.  I'd love to know what she meant by her comment. 

Sand said:
So Amy Robach let loose that ABC management killed her Epstein story 3 years ago.  All over the fear from the palace that they would lose access to Will and Kate.

NBC - quashed Weinstein story

ABC - quashed Epstein story

No moral compass whatsoever in these organizations.  None.
Color me skeptical that the full story is being told here. If this was such a slam-dunk case, why didn't another media outlet run with it? Surely Fox had known about Epstein and Weinstein for years? Why not run exposés on them every single day, especially during election years?

Color me skeptical that the full story is being told here. If this was such a slam-dunk case, why didn't another media outlet run with it? Surely Fox had known about Epstein and Weinstein for years? Why not run exposés on them every single day, especially during election years?
Because both Bill and Donnie are connected to him. And both sides of the aisle had powerful people go down in the MeToo movement that followed Weinstein. Thank goodness for the real journalists who finally took on these stories.

Because both Bill and Donnie are connected to him. And both sides of the aisle had powerful people go down in the MeToo movement that followed Weinstein. Thank goodness for the real journalists who finally took on these stories.
The root of the issue is that American media outlets do not usually publish these types of serious allegations without some kind of corroborating sources -- as Robach herself indicated in the Daily Mail story. The liability factor (for both the media outlet and the victim) just isn't worth it.

It's easy and lazy to pick on network TV news channels, but that's just a side effect of powerful people exploiting the system.

The root of the issue is that American media outlets do not usually publish these types of serious allegations without some kind of corroborating sources -- as Robach herself indicated in the Daily Mail story. The liability factor (for both the media outlet and the victim) just isn't worth it.

It's easy and lazy to pick on network TV news channels, but that's just a side effect of powerful people exploiting the system.
That depends on whether you believe the spontaneous excited utterance or the subsequent carefully manicured public statement.  I know what I'd tend to believe.

Isn't James O'Keefe some alt right YouTuber that basically slices together audio?
Yes but she confirmed the incident and explained it was her frustration that they weren’t able to find collaborative sources that would allow them run the story. That of course could just be her following in line with the network.

The Vicky Ward story already said all this. 

And I think that journalistic politics like weighing a big scoop vs losing access to the Palace is something that goes on all the time. But rarely does it involve something so heinous. Like Ren said thank goodness for Julie Brown.

And I think that journalistic politics like weighing a big scoop vs losing access to the Palace is something that goes on all the time. But rarely does it involve something so heinous. Like Ren said thank goodness for Julie Brown.
I would think election year ramifications may have played a role as well.

If Buckingham Palace is covering up for kiddie fiddler princes, burn them like the Catholic Church 

ren hoek said:
That project veritas video underscores how brave Julie K Brown’s work was, and how much credit the Miami Herald deserves for pushing back and not backing down from the story.  What kind of world do we live in where a news organization buries that?
This is not new.  NOT NEW....News organizations have been burying stories since there was news.  Protecting big money, politicians, etc.  I believe this to be more the rule than the exception.  It is the one offs, the ones who "buck the system" that we see and thank god for.  But in many cases they are outcasts.  Don't ever ever believe the media is some holy entity...in many cases they are as dirty as everyone else.

And..I still say the British Monarchy should be looked at .  You're talking about an organization with centuries of influence and power.  The Clintons and many billionaires don't have nearly the clout and utter power those people have.  Don't discount that at all.

I've noticed a huge increase in the "Epstein didn't kill himself" memes over the past few weeks.
Been noticing this also, all posted by Trump supporters (of people I know),  assume it's to take attention away from impeachment talk.

So has there been anything definitive regarding it not being suicide, or is that just conspiracy theory talk?

Been noticing this also, all posted by Trump supporters (of people I know),  assume it's to take attention away from impeachment talk.
I’m a republican but I don’t care who gets “outed” by the Epstein fiasco. Anyone (republican, Democrat, libertarian and independent) involved in that crap needs to go down! 

The news media needs to go down! Hopefully this coming to light will get some of the crap out of that industry! 

I’m a republican but I don’t care who gets “outed” by the Epstein fiasco. Anyone (republican, Democrat, libertarian and independent) involved in that crap needs to go down! 

The news media needs to go down! Hopefully this coming to light will get some of the crap out of that industry! 
This is one time facebook and twitter will keep something alive that should be. 

So has there been anything definitive regarding it not being suicide, or is that just conspiracy theory talk?
This will be the conspiracy that unites us and may open the floodgates.

If you have a specific question we can answer it here.

I agree 100%!

This will be the conspiracy that unites us and may open the floodgates.

If you have a specific question we can answer it here.
I'll reiterate his question, which appears to be specific enough: "So has there been anything definitive regarding it not being suicide[?]"

I'll reiterate his question, which appears to be specific enough: "So has there been anything definitive regarding it not being suicide[?]"
There is no smoking gun if that is the question. 

I'd equate it to something like a guy knows his wife is cheating on him based on everything he has observed. He hasn't seen her do it and she hasn't admitted it, but all the signs are there. 

Users who are viewing this thread