What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (3 Viewers)

Sand said:
Yep, such a pervert - he thought that a Dolphins cheerleader was hot.  Disgraceful.
While married?   clearly he wasn't thinking just "they are hot"

Last edited by a moderator:
CNN: Lets not get caught up in who Epstein's friends are. 

Also CNN: Breaking News - Trump spoke to Epstien about women in 1992. 

That doesn't make him a pervert.  It makes him a philanderer, a playboy, and an oath breaker, but not a perv.
I don't think this video shows anything other than Trump knew Epstein. And since this is now the he second time he's been photographed with him, it's hard to claim Trump hardly knew him.

Also CNN: Breaking News - Trump spoke to Epstien about women in 1992. 
Eh I'd refer back to the NYT story. MT posted a link from Slate further up. I think this is the same party.

Here's an odd thing about that party: no one else is there, except Epstein and one other guy. The NYT story describes a friend of Trump's advising him not to do this. At the time it was described as a "VIP" event with only one VIP, Epstein

This seems off base but I promise it's not - Bette Midler had this interesting interview or tweet recently where she described an event once where she was told that Trump would be holding a VIP event and golly there would be lots of celebs there. Ok so she went thought it would be fun, part of the job, whatever. She gets there and there's only her and one other person, some financier guy who was a huge Bette Midler fan. So she was dragged there as bait so Trump could connect with this guy, I guess financially or socially.

That video it's just Trump, that other random dude riding shotgun and the cheerleaders. The whole point of the party appeared to be to get Epstein to Maralago. That's how it looks to me.

And oh NBC - seriously thanks, NBC, for everything you've done for America, great work - just happened to be there.

Trump certainly seemed intent on hooking up while there with the cheerleaders (ok big deal, married but whatever) but also seemed to think at the time that was something Epstein would be interested in and that's why the girls were really there.

Clearly Trump appeared to know Epstein a lot better than he says he does.  There's potential for some serious ramifications from that.  But that video just looks like consenting adults partying together.  

When did CNN say not to look at who his friends are? I don’t remember seeing that.
Chris Cuomo implored viewers not to get caught up in the "intrigue" of who Epstein was friends with and instead focus on how it was handled.

"When we're talking about Epstein, you got to stick to what is common sense on these things, all right?" Cuomo said Wednesday night. "Don't get buried in legalese, don't follow the finger-pointing, and please don't get up on the intrigue of who was better friends with this guy. Who cares? Let's take a look at the facts of what we know about how it was handled. Okay?

Clearly Trump appeared to know Epstein a lot better than he says he does.  There's potential for some serious ramifications from that.  But that video just looks like consenting adults partying together.  
I agree.  All that video shows is that he in fact knows Epstein better than he's told everyone.  Not surprising.

Chris Cuomo implored viewers not to get caught up in the "intrigue" of who Epstein was friends with and instead focus on how it was handled.

"When we're talking about Epstein, you got to stick to what is common sense on these things, all right?" Cuomo said Wednesday night. "Don't get buried in legalese, don't follow the finger-pointing, and please don't get up on the intrigue of who was better friends with this guy. Who cares? Let's take a look at the facts of what we know about how it was handled. Okay?

I usually like Cuomo but that’s a stupid thing to say. Even if he’s talking just about the sweetheart deal he received, it absolutely matters who his friends are because that’s likely the reason why he got the sweetheart deal.

When did CNN say not to look at who his friends are? I don’t remember seeing that.

There is a difference between "who Epstein was friends with" and "who Epstein had private parties featuring teenage girls with".

The former group is not as relevant to Epstein scandal as the latter group. Anyone known to be part of the latter group is fair game for discussion.

Eh I'd refer back to the NYT story. MT posted a link from Slate further up. I think this is the same party.

Here's an odd thing about that party: no one else is there, except Epstein and one other guy. The NYT story describes a friend of Trump's advising him not to do this. At the time it was described as a "VIP" event with only one VIP, Epstein

This seems off base but I promise it's not - Bette Midler had this interesting interview or tweet recently where she described an event once where she was told that Trump would be holding a VIP event and golly there would be lots of celebs there. Ok so she went thought it would be fun, part of the job, whatever. She gets there and there's only her and one other person, some financier guy who was a huge Bette Midler fan. So she was dragged there as bait so Trump could connect with this guy, I guess financially or socially.

That video it's just Trump, that other random dude riding shotgun and the cheerleaders. The whole point of the party appeared to be to get Epstein to Maralago. That's how it looks to me.

And oh NBC - seriously thanks, NBC, for everything you've done for America, great work - just happened to be there.

Trump certainly seemed intent on hooking up while there with the cheerleaders (ok big deal, married but whatever) but also seemed to think at the time that was something Epstein would be interested in and that's why the girls were really there.
So why is NBC there to cover it? As dumb as they may be, people generally dont invite the media to events with shady undertones

So why is NBC there to cover it? As dumb as they may be, people generally dont invite the media to events with shady undertones
I do not know, obviously. Was Trump trying to promote a show even back then? What? No idea.

But Trump may have had NBC there to impress Epstein. What the heck is Epstein doing there with Trump and whatever his lil buddy was there?

And we still have the young lady who was 13 at the time of the incident  that claimed Trump,  while partying with Epstein,  tied her to a bed and raped her and then told her he'd have his mafia friends kill her if she ever said anything. People called her a liar and she got death threats when she came out about it. Maybe she wasn't. 

And we still have the young lady who was 13 at the time of the incident  that claimed Trump,  while partying with Epstein,  tied her to a bed and raped her and then told her he'd have his mafia friends kill her if she ever said anything. People called her a liar and she got death threats when she came out about it. Maybe she wasn't. 
Was that the case that was dropped? 

We’re talking about the guy who frequently would call into newspapers and tabloids under a fake name to spread gossip about him dating beautiful women. Him inviting the media to cover his party with dozens of beautiful women is absolutely in his wheelhouse even if a shady person like Epstein was there with him.

The other thing is that Epstein was a complete unknown to the public up until his original arrest. I doubt that these powerful people would have been associated with him if they thought there was any chance he would be caught.

There was a big discussion about that on MSNBC a few days ago.  A gentleman on there (journalist) indicated that he and a couple others investigated that for months and noted that the source was a known scammer, among other things, and that they ultimately concluded the allegation to be false.  Given that this was an otherwise liberal Trump hatefest it had some gravitas to it.  I wish I caught his name, but I didn't.  It was on Joy Reid's show.

There was a big discussion about that on MSNBC a few days ago.  A gentleman on there (journalist) indicated that he and a couple others investigated that for months and noted that the source was a known scammer, among other things, and that they ultimately concluded the allegation to be false.  Given that this was an otherwise liberal Trump hatefest it had some gravitas to it.  I wish I caught his name, but I didn't.  It was on Joy Reid's show.
Well now there will be a lot more available corroboration so we'll see.

So we have  Bill Clinton on Epstein's jet.

And we have Espstein at Chelsea's wedding.

Any other Clinton ties we know of?
It was Maxwell at Chelsea's wedding. Maxwell who is rumored to be named as co-conspirator with Epstein. 

Maxwell who has been identified by a victim as Epstein's madam who procured the victims. 

Well now there will be a lot more available corroboration so we'll see.

If he did it, lock him up forever.  But there is absolutely such a thing as false allegations and being called a child molester is about the worst thing there is.  As much as people hate him he is innocent until proven otherwise.  I expect there to be huge bombs hidden in Epstein's safe that will see the light of day; of the theorized ways that he made his fortune my bet is that he got his start with that Ponzi scheme and moved directly to a huge blackmail ring.  Some "investors" in his hedge fund are going to fall.  So you're right, there should be corroboration, either by inclusion or absence in that safe.  If I were to put odds on it among the three big personalities mentioned as being connected to him I would put it at most suspect being Clinton, Dershowitz, then Trump.

It was Maxwell at Chelsea's wedding. Maxwell who is rumored to be named as co-conspirator with Epstein. 

Maxwell who has been identified by a victim as Epstein's madam who procured the victims. 
Example number 2342 of "Now imagine this was happening with a Hillary Clinton presidency".

The Republicans would be holding hearings to investigate these ties, Fox News would be discussing these ties non-stop.  

Epstein has also claimed to be a co-founder of the Clinton foundation, but that hardly gets mentioned.

I'm not trying to make this a Clinton vs trump thing, but the media is clearly investigating one more than the other. The one with less ties and where we have to assume things to make the story work. 

Sure Trump is more newsworthy today than Clinton, but anyone who was the victim of either man deserves the same follow through.

If he did it, lock him up forever.  But there is absolutely such a thing as false allegations and being called a child molester is about the worst thing there is.  As much as people hate him he is innocent until proven otherwise.  I expect there to be huge bombs hidden in Epstein's safe that will see the light of day; of the theorized ways that he made his fortune my bet is that he got his start with that Ponzi scheme and moved directly to a huge blackmail ring.  Some "investors" in his hedge fund are going to fall.  So you're right, there should be corroboration, either by inclusion or absence in that safe.  If I were to put odds on it among the three big personalities mentioned as being connected to him I would put it at most suspect being Clinton, Dershowitz, then Trump.
I'd probably swap Trump for Dershowitz but otherwise I agree with what you've said here.

Example number 2342 of "Now imagine this was happening with a Hillary Clinton presidency".

The Republicans would be holding hearings to investigate these ties, Fox News would be discussing these ties non-stop.  
Epstein would still be a free man under Hillary

Right now it's about 8:1 the other way (with the Clinton ties seemingly much more suspicious).  I'd say overall a HRC presidency would see this be a much quieter item than being reported on now.

Epstein has also claimed to be a co-founder of the Clinton foundation, but that hardly gets mentioned.

I'm not trying to make this a Clinton vs trump thing, but the media is clearly investigating one more than the other. The one with less ties and where we have to assume things to make the story work. 

Sure Trump is more newsworthy today than Clinton, but anyone who was the victim of either man deserves the same follow through.
Perhaps because one is the President and the other was the President :shrug:  

This isn't just because Trump is "more newsworthy"; it's also because Trump hired the guy who let Epstein off the hook.

I acknowledged as much. I'd like to think the media is doing it's due diligence on every angle, but it just isnt the impression I'm personally getting. 
More concerned with what the investigators are doing, but the media will put out whatever its viewers will tune in for.

This isn't just because Trump is "more newsworthy"; it's also because Trump hired the guy who let Epstein off the hook.
So you think Acosta was the mastermind behind the whole Epstein deal?  You dont think it came down from above or Epstein offered up something?

What did Acosta have to gain by letting Epstein off light?

Users who are viewing this thread