What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (3 Viewers)

The NPA protected at least 4 others IIRC, likely including Maxwell. If DOJ wants to they could keep going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I read somewhere that there were no known heirs.

To some of the legal minds in these parts: is the entire case now shot? Individuals that were implicated in whatever evidence that was seized from Epstein's properties can still be prosecuted, no? I know the case gets a lot tougher, but it's not dead in the water, is it?
It’s probably dead in the water.  Certainly criminally.... could you execute a judgement against an estate? I guess anything is possible but absent an opportunity to defend yourself I don’t  kmow

i know the Goldman family got a judgment against OJ in absentia but he declined his chance to appear in court 

It’s probably dead in the water.  Certainly criminally.... could you execute a judgement against an estate? I guess anything is possible but absent an opportunity to defend yourself I don’t  kmow

i know the Goldman family got a judgment against OJ in absentia but he declined his chance to appear in court 
People sue estates for civil torts on a regular basis.

You sue the estate to create a claim, and then you have to prove your claim - as in any other civil claim, and the estate will defend the law suit.

Sinn Fein said:
Depends - on how credible the allegations are against Epstein and some of the bigger names allegedly involved.

Civil cases can still go forward against Epstein's estate - and others.
Primarily I was trying to say the victims will not get the satisfaction of seeing Epstein convicted in a court of law. 

I can see the point about getting satisfaction in a civil case, but it's not the same as going to a prosecutor. In terms of trust and motivation it's just not. And there will be no one to extract info from Epstein himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
shader said:
Was so predictable. This info was never getting out 
Convenient way for all this to blow over.  All those details in the safe can be safely ignored.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.

Watch for a couple of guards at the facility in 6-12 months suddenly retire and/or wind up dead.

George Mitchell knows some IRA dudes that could have got this done but I suspect it was someone that would get revealed on the next document dump. However, could have been any of the few hundred rich/powerful guys this creep was connected to.

Primarily I was trying to say the victims will not get the satisfaction of seeing Epstein convicted in a court of law. 

I can see the point about getting satisfaction in a civil case, but it's not the same of going to a prosecutor. In terms of trust and motivation it's just not. And there will be no one to extract info from Epstein himself.
I am not much into retribution justice.

The guy is dead - if that does not give you some "justice" I don't know what a conviction would do.  I suppose the "pain" of being a convicted sex trafficker is gone. 

On the other hand - death by suicide is likely to make the world believe your claims (even if it probably hurts a civil case against others).  So, victims here - probably are better off, than Epstein going to trial, and having the victims testify and be cross-examined.

The non-prosecution agreement at the root of all this - the NPA.

JE was immunized from prosecution, almost everywhere if it's read ambiguously, but also anyone who may have conspired with him. Conconspirators were protected but others with something on the line included: a just resigned cabinet secretary, DOJ officials, celebrities, legal scholars, Harvard academics, politicians.

This is the absolutely most disgraceful criminal case f'up I have ever read or heard of, from beginning to here all the way at the end, where the SOB is allowed to off himself.

I'm guessing the neutral explanation here is the guard just said let him kill himself because he's a piece of ####. I'm sure JE was under suicide watch. So how did he get sheets or sharp implements, how did he have capability or time to do this. Whoever is in the line of command on this needs to be rung out thoroughly. 

The guy is dead - if that does not give you some "justice" I don't know what a conviction would do.  I suppose the "pain" of being a convicted sex trafficker is gone. 

On the other hand - death by suicide is likely to make the world believe your claims (even if it probably hurts a civil case against others).  So, victims here - probably are better off, than Epstein going to trial, and having the victims testify and be cross-examined.
Allows dozens if not hundreds of other guilty folks off

I'm seriously glad so many people want Teump to go down with this guy. At least now the media will care enough to investigate

JE was immunized from prosecution, almost everywhere if it's read ambiguously, but also anyone who may have conspired with him. Conconspirators were protected but others with something on the line included: a just resigned cabinet secretary, DOJ officials, celebrities, legal scholars, Harvard academics, politicians.

This is the absolutely most disgraceful criminal case f'up I have ever read or heard of, from beginning to here all the way at the end, where the SOB is allowed to off himself.

I'm guessing the neutral explanation here is the guard just said let him kill himself because he's a piece of ####. I'm sure JE was under suicide watch. So how did he get sheets or sharp implements, how did he have capability or time to do this. Whoever is in the line of command on this needs to be rung out thoroughly. 
Someone on suicide watch wouldn’t have any means of hanging themselves in the cell.  They basically wear a paper jumper.  He had to have had help.

Someone on suicide watch wouldn’t have any means of hanging themselves in the cell.  They basically wear a paper jumper.  He had to have had help.
Yeah he was “helped” all right. No way the guy wanted to off himself. Bunch of rich people doing a champagne toast a la players from the 1972 Dolphins right now.

This happened the day after additional names were released, wondering the particulars on how the “suicide” happened is an exercise in futility. Powerful forces at work here, only surprise was that Epstein wasn’t killed prior to his arrest.

Good thing he was in NY.  Manhattan is known for its freedom from corruption, so I'm sure a coherent, complete explanation for this event will be forthcoming.

Lots of strange things happening in the world right now. 

If it’s foul play I just hope the person/people responsible go down. 

Look guys, I know everybody wants to get their little jokes in here, but there were some jurors who were counting on that bribe money to put their kids through college.  They've got nothing now.
If it was a “legit” suicide ,the jurors loss was a guard or two’s gain

More likely to get a promotion.

I guess I'd put "justice" somewhere on its own plane between retribution (punishment) and nothing. Divining the truth and having it stated in public in the course of a reliable process is just not something that can be replaced. IMO the victims have been deprived of something important as has the public, and meanwhile some really ####ty people are breathing a lot easier today.

😬

Man.  It was fairly predictable this thing would get buried, but it’s a joke they couldn’t find a way to keep this connected billionaire international criminal alive for his day in court.  Absolutely ####ed all the way up 

jamny said:
Yeah, I heard that someone was transferred out on a gurney after suffering cardiac arrest and it was assumed to be Epstein. I guess that report was wrong.

jamny said:
The call came in from the detention center for cardiac arrest. Add that to the theories.
A little more on this, apparently

A call for an ambulance went out at approximately 6:40am Saturday morning. Epstein was being treated by members of the medical unit at the Metropolitan Correctional Center and was administered CPR. Epstein died a short time later at an area hospital.
CNN (doesn't say but I think this guy is with CNN)

But what’s their success rate?
:shrug:

Epstein's death probably hurts his estate's defense, more than it hurts any plaintiff's case.   Now plaintiff's tell their story, and not many witnesses to rebut it.  (Having said this - I have no idea how many claims will be barred by a statute of limitations in this case).

As it relates to non-Epstein civil defendants - they can probably breathe a little easier (assuming they have some liability), because Epstein may have been able to provide corroborating evidence against them - that seems less likely now.

Welp, that's the least shocking headline I've read in years. Too many powerful people on all sides for him to ever make it to a court room. Bet if we got Bernie in office he'd release anything that's there. He'd give no ####s.

Users who are viewing this thread