Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ren hoek

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap.

In the Roman empire, when a plot against the Emperor failed, the plotters were always given a chance to let their families keep their fortunes.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

I'll say this outcome was the easiest bet I ever won

Just now, Sand said:

Who?

The non-prosecution agreement at the root of all this - the NPA.

JE was immunized from prosecution, almost everywhere if it's read ambiguously, but also anyone who may have conspired with him. Conconspirators were protected but others with something on the line included: a just resigned cabinet secretary, DOJ officials, celebrities, legal scholars, Harvard academics, politicians.

This is the absolutely most disgraceful criminal case f'up I have ever read or heard of, from beginning to here all the way at the end, where the SOB is allowed to off himself.

I'm guessing the neutral explanation here is the guard just said let him kill himself because he's a piece of ####. I'm sure JE was under suicide watch. So how did he get sheets or sharp implements, how did he have capability or time to do this. Whoever is in the line of command on this needs to be rung out thoroughly. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am not much into retribution justice.

The guy is dead - if that does not give you some "justice" I don't know what a conviction would do.  I suppose the "pain" of being a convicted sex trafficker is gone. 

On the other hand - death by suicide is likely to make the world believe your claims (even if it probably hurts a civil case against others).  So, victims here - probably are better off, than Epstein going to trial, and having the victims testify and be cross-examined.

Allows dozens if not hundreds of other guilty folks off

4 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Is it ok to want to see proof that he’s dead?

asking for a friend 

Many Peruvians don't believe that former president Alan Garcia is really dead.

I'm seriously glad so many people want Teump to go down with this guy. At least now the media will care enough to investigate

We need McNulty to investigate this. Because its some Stringer Bell hired some DC thugs to off D'Angelo kind of bull####.

How was he not on suicide watch?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

JE was immunized from prosecution, almost everywhere if it's read ambiguously, but also anyone who may have conspired with him. Conconspirators were protected but others with something on the line included: a just resigned cabinet secretary, DOJ officials, celebrities, legal scholars, Harvard academics, politicians.

This is the absolutely most disgraceful criminal case f'up I have ever read or heard of, from beginning to here all the way at the end, where the SOB is allowed to off himself.

I'm guessing the neutral explanation here is the guard just said let him kill himself because he's a piece of ####. I'm sure JE was under suicide watch. So how did he get sheets or sharp implements, how did he have capability or time to do this. Whoever is in the line of command on this needs to be rung out thoroughly. 

Someone on suicide watch wouldn’t have any means of hanging themselves in the cell.  They basically wear a paper jumper.  He had to have had help.

Mr. Epstein’s younger brother, Mark, was his “only living immediate family member,” according to a memo filed in federal court last month by Mr. Epstein’s lawyers. 

- NYT

Sorry running errands. Which is being reported, suicide or heart attack?

1 minute ago, jonessed said:

Someone on suicide watch wouldn’t have any means of hanging themselves in the cell.  They basically wear a paper jumper.  He had to have had help.

Yeah he was “helped” all right. No way the guy wanted to off himself. Bunch of rich people doing a champagne toast a la players from the 1972 Dolphins right now.

And, every abuser of these children can now rest easier. Nothing more will come of this. A$$hole!

Just now, BobbyLayne said:

Sorry running errands. Which is being reported, suicide or heart attack?

Suicide, by hanging. Jamny is pointing out a news report is saying there was a cardiac arrest indicated somewhere in the report.

This happened the day after additional names were released, wondering the particulars on how the “suicide” happened is an exercise in futility. Powerful forces at work here, only surprise was that Epstein wasn’t killed prior to his arrest.

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Suicide, by hanging. Jamny is pointing out a news report is saying there was a cardiac arrest indicated somewhere in the report.

Back, and to the left...back, and to the left...

Thank you, Saints.

10 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Good thing he was in NY.  Manhattan is known for its freedom from corruption, so I'm sure a coherent, complete explanation for this event will be forthcoming.

• Like 1

Lots of strange things happening in the world right now. 

If it’s foul play I just hope the person/people responsible go down. 

• Like 1

Look guys, I know everybody wants to get their little jokes in here, but there were some jurors who were counting on that bribe money to put their kids through college.  They've got nothing now.

• Laughing 3

26 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

People sue estates for civil torts on a regular basis.

You sue the estate to create a claim, and then you have to prove your claim - as in any other civil claim, and the estate will defend the law suit.

But what’s their success rate?

4 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Look guys, I know everybody wants to get their little jokes in here, but there were some jurors who were counting on that bribe money to put their kids through college.  They've got nothing now.

If it was a “legit” suicide ,the jurors loss was a guard or two’s gain

Way to go prison system. I guess kudos for not letting him build an Iron Man suit while under suicide watch?? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

If it was a “legit” suicide ,the jurors loss was a guard or two’s gain

Classic redistribution of wealth.

• Laughing 1

21 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

More likely to get a promotion.

I would imagine the clock is now ticking on Ghislaine Maxwell

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am not much into retribution justice.

The guy is dead - if that does not give you some "justice" I don't know what a conviction would do.  I suppose the "pain" of being a convicted sex trafficker is gone. 

On the other hand - death by suicide is likely to make the world believe your claims (even if it probably hurts a civil case against others).  So, victims here - probably are better off, than Epstein going to trial, and having the victims testify and be cross-examined.

I guess I'd put "justice" somewhere on its own plane between retribution (punishment) and nothing. Divining the truth and having it stated in public in the course of a reliable process is just not something that can be replaced. IMO the victims have been deprived of something important as has the public, and meanwhile some really ####ty people are breathing a lot easier today.

• Like 1

😬

Man.  It was fairly predictable this thing would get buried, but it’s a joke they couldn’t find a way to keep this connected billionaire international criminal alive for his day in court.  Absolutely ####ed all the way up 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jamny said:

Yeah, I heard that someone was transferred out on a gurney after suffering cardiac arrest and it was assumed to be Epstein. I guess that report was wrong.

1 hour ago, jamny said:

The call came in from the detention center for cardiac arrest. Add that to the theories.

A little more on this, apparently

A call for an ambulance went out at approximately 6:40am Saturday morning. Epstein was being treated by members of the medical unit at the Metropolitan Correctional Center and was administered CPR. Epstein died a short time later at an area hospital.

CNN (doesn't say but I think this guy is with CNN)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

But what’s their success rate?

:shrug:

Epstein's death probably hurts his estate's defense, more than it hurts any plaintiff's case.   Now plaintiff's tell their story, and not many witnesses to rebut it.  (Having said this - I have no idea how many claims will be barred by a statute of limitations in this case).

As it relates to non-Epstein civil defendants - they can probably breathe a little easier (assuming they have some liability), because Epstein may have been able to provide corroborating evidence against them - that seems less likely now.

Welp, that's the least shocking headline I've read in years. Too many powerful people on all sides for him to ever make it to a court room. Bet if we got Bernie in office he'd release anything that's there. He'd give no ####s.

• Like 1

He was in the Special Housing Unit.

This isn't Angola or Joliet. Think of the high profile people that have been held at Metropolitan, NYC's federal jail. IIRC Paul Manafort is there right now. It held El Chapo Guzman. It's held terrorists and bad guys of all sorts. This was allowed to happen not once but twice.

• Thanks 2

There is a certain irony to the thread title.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It should.

Really? Maxwell is far, far from innocent but way down on my list of people the clock should be ticking on. Below all the rich and powerful men that enjoyed getting erotic massages and more from teen girls for sure.

Just now, Snickers said:

Really? Maxwell is far, far from innocent but way down on my list of people the clock should be ticking on. Below all the rich and powerful men that enjoyed getting erotic massages and more from teen girls for sure.

To get to them you have to go through the perpetrators.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

There is a certain irony to the thread title.

Oof. Good call. I was coming up with cheeky titles just now, but in the interest of staying on the boards, I'll refrain. 

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

To get to them you have to go through the perpetrators.

I took the original post to mean the clock is ticking on days she has left alive. If they could get Epstein killed in jail, certainly saying goodbye to her on the outside will be a breeze.

12 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

A little more on this, apparently

CNN (doesn't say but I think this guy is with CNN)

He could have freaked out from anxiety, had palpitations of some sort, the prison is forced to transmit him to an ICU, he hangs himself like he wanted to.

It's not that far-fetched at all, but will only lead to conspiracy theories that are justifiable, really.

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The Clinton crew skates free again.  Was there ever a doubt?

If we're going full :tinfoilhat: (which I never recommend) -- who is it that's got a yes man currently controlling the DOJ and that federal prison, also has extensive ties to Epstein, and shares an affinity for authoritarian leaders who routinely kill people who threaten their power?

• Like 8
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The Clinton crew skates free again.  Was there ever a doubt?

Lol

With president “lock her up” Trump and his hand picked AG, I’m just going to go out on a limb and say he’d be very much alive and well if it was just Clinton he had any dirt on. 

But that’s just me.  

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

He could have freaked out from anxiety, had palpitations of some sort, the prison is forced to transmit him to an ICU, he hangs himself like he wanted to.

It's not that far-fetched at all, but will only lead to conspiracy theories that are justifiable, really.

There are neutral explanations like that, or a guard just figured it's jailhouse justice to let him off himself, or maybe JE persuaded a guard to give him some space.

I'd keep in mind that Epstein basically had the guards working for him in Broward when he was in jail before, and visitor logs were lost. The man was very persuasive, that's all. That's not conspiratorial, that's looking at actual events. 

But like I said above this prison handles the worst of the worst and he was in special housing which I think is a kind of isolation. And this was his second attempt. This is really rare there, this is supposed to be the best prepared unit in the bureau of prisons.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Nevermind

Edited by randall146

Just now, randall146 said:

They could civilly sue his estate 

That's what Sinn pointed out and I agree of course. 

8 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

If we're going full :tinfoilhat: (which I never recommend) -- who is it that's got a yes man currently controlling the DOJ and that federal prison, also has extensive ties to Epstein, and shares an affinity for authoritarian leaders who routinely kill people who threaten their power?

Who??

If he hung himself in his cell, then he had help--there just is no way around it. Those cells are suicide proof--other than just banging your head into the concrete bed over and over again and that is why they have cameras to catch that. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

There are neutral explanations like that, or a guard just figured it's jailhouse justice to let him off himself, or maybe JE persuaded a guard to give him some space.

I'd keep in mind that Epstein basically had the guards working for him in Broward when he was in jail before, and visitor logs were lost. The man was very persuasive, that's all. That's not conspiratorial, that's looking at actual events. 

But like I said above this prison handles the worst of the worst and he was in special housing which I think is a kind of isolation. And this was his second attempt. This is really rare there, this is supposed to be the best prepared unit in the bureau of prisons.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you or pooh-poohing your frustration. It was just spitballing.

I'm trying to find a personal Ockham or Occam level here.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

good one

• Laughing 1

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Sometimes the safeguards we put into administrative procedure to safeguard one's liberties trump the interest in finding out the truth. This is one of those times.

9 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Who rode the Lolita Express 30 times to Theo’s private island and around the world and recived millions from his Democrat fundraising?  Bill Clinton.