What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (4 Viewers)

I have no idea of anything. But are you saying the former inmate there in the article https://nypost.com/2019/08/10/former-mcc-inmate-theres-no-way-jeffrey-epstein-killed-himself/ is fabricating or just wrong in what he's saying? Or the Post if fabricating? Do you have specific knowledge of the facility? 
I’m saying that what he’s talking about doesn’t apply to Epstein, who wasn’t on suicide watch, and also the “white smock” thing he describes as a straitjacket isn’t actually a straitjacket (because that wouldn’t be a legal way to keep a prisoner for weeks at a time and would open up huge liability issues) and also I have no idea who this anonymous person is, whether he actually did time in these units, when he did so, or why he believes that a person in a smock wouldn’t be capable of hanging himself, even if that were the case - which it wasn’t because Epstein wasn’t on suicide watch.  

Last edited by a moderator:
And even if it were nine, he could quite easily be dead between visits. Especially if, as has been reported, he suffered a cardiac arrest from asphyxiation. 

I’m saying that what he’s talking about doesn’t apply to Epstein, who wasn’t on suicide watch, and also the “white smock” thing he describes as a straitjacket isn’t actually a straitjacket (because that wouldn’t be a legal way to keep a prisoner for weeks at a time and would open up huge liability issues) and also I have no idea who this anonymous person is, whether he actually did time in these units, when he did so, or why he believes that a person in a smock wouldn’t be capable of hanging himself, even if that were the case - which it wasn’t because Epstein wasn’t on suicide watch.  
Interesting. Thanks. 

It’s also possible he didn’t intend to die and suffered cardiac arrest when otherwise a guard would have brought him back from asphyxiation (as allegedly happened a few weeks ago.)

we will never know the whole story here. this is awful. maxwell is gonna be drinking polonium tea before the week is out. 

This certainly sounds like my understanding of suicide watch in federal prisons. 

Jack Donson, a former longtime federal Bureau of Prisons case manager, told NBC News that suicide watch in federal lockup “usually only lasts a few days to week” due to the amount of manpower the 24-hour surveillance entails.

“It requires staff to do overtime shifts,” Donson said, and is “not considered a good use of resources.”

In short, it’s certainly possible that Epstein was murdered. However, nothing I’ve seen that is publicly known about the circumstances of his death suggests it.

In short, it’s certainly possible that Epstein was murdered. However, nothing I’ve seen that is publicly known about the circumstances of his death suggests it.
Just out of curiosity, what would some of those things be? And would they be publicly know?

For the record, I don't really care if he's dead. I just think it's a lost opportunity to have a chance to identify others. 

This certainly sounds like my understanding of suicide watch in federal prisons. 
Other understanding from a federal facilities warden. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/10/prison-experts-shocking-that-jeffrey-epstein-was-taken-off-suicide-watch.html

“For them to pull him off suicide watch is shocking,” Cameron Lindsay, a former warden who worked at three federal facilities, told NBC News. “For someone this high-profile, with these allegations and this many victims, who has had a suicide attempt in the last few weeks, you can take absolutely no chances. You leave him on suicide watch until he’s out of there.”

Other understanding from a federal facilities warden. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/10/prison-experts-shocking-that-jeffrey-epstein-was-taken-off-suicide-watch.html

“For them to pull him off suicide watch is shocking,” Cameron Lindsay, a former warden who worked at three federal facilities, told NBC News. “For someone this high-profile, with these allegations and this many victims, who has had a suicide attempt in the last few weeks, you can take absolutely no chances. You leave him on suicide watch until he’s out of there.”
Cameron Lindsay is a very experienced expert in this field, and certainly his views on how things should be run are important.  I think given his time at MDC Brooklyn he would also agree that how things should be run and how things are run are quite different. 

Cameron Lindsay is a very experienced expert in this field, and certainly his views on how things should be run are important.  I think given his time at MDC Brooklyn he would also agree that how things should be run and how things are run are quite different. 
Possibly. I'm just going off the words he actually said: “For them to pull him off suicide watch is shocking,” Cameron Lindsay, a former warden who worked at three federal facilities, told NBC News. “For someone this high-profile, with these allegations and this many victims, who has had a suicide attempt in the last few weeks, you can take absolutely no chances. You leave him on suicide watch until he’s out of there.”

That's what I was asking. You think the Post is fabricating this? 
I’m not sure what you mean by ‘this’.

However the CNBC article you posted contradicts a few things that the anonymous convict claimed in the Post piece. And my impression of the NY Post as a NYer is that it is a tabloid, so I don’t think they’re too careful about sourcing.

Most high profile inmate in custody, just off/on suicide watch and instead of people asking how this could possibly happen they are posting crap like "it's possible to hang yourself one foot off the ground" and "you can hang yourself from plumbing".  Unbelievable.  

Possibly. I'm just going off the words he actually said: “For them to pull him off suicide watch is shocking,” Cameron Lindsay, a former warden who worked at three federal facilities, told NBC News. “For someone this high-profile, with these allegations and this many victims, who has had a suicide attempt in the last few weeks, you can take absolutely no chances. You leave him on suicide watch until he’s out of there.”
Yeah, I get that but it’s also shocking that the psychiatrist at MDC was keeping a guy on suicide watch long term to have sex with him the year Lindsay took over MDC.

It’s abnormal to have someone on suicide watch long term these days. Kinda always has been. 

Most high profile inmate in custody, just off/on suicide watch and instead of people asking how this could possibly happen they are posting crap like "it's possible to hang yourself one foot off the ground".  Unbelievable.  
Is it? It can happen because this is how our prisons work.  They are the largest and also least effective mental health providers in the country.

Most high profile inmate in custody, just off/on suicide watch and instead of people asking how this could possibly happen they are posting crap like "it's possible to hang yourself one foot off the ground" and "you can hang yourself from plumbing".  Unbelievable.  
:lmao:

YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUERY BEFORE YOU EVEN FINISHED THE SENTENCE.

"Instead of people asking a question, they answer it!"

Well, touché then! :lol:

:lmao:

YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUERY BEFORE YOU EVEN FINISHED THE SENTENCE.

"Instead of people asking a question, they answer it!"

Well, touché then! :lol:
:lmao: . Yeah, it's almost certainly going to come out that he hanged himself from the plumbing one foot off the ground. 

Excellent thread.
Good talk. Excellent job and a good read for those of us keeping a "wait and see..." attitude about the investigation but who are rip-roaring flummoxed as to how this happened, even though it all seems perfectly within reason. I especially like about how they might take him off of watch and how Henry points out -- like I have -- that you do not lose certain constitutional liberties at their core even once you are convicted.  Also, people lie so that they aren't restrained. Seems natural to do so. People also lie so they have time alone to do the deed.

I'm a ball of confusion at this point. It doesn't reek of conspiracy to me, but there were some very, very high profile heavily involved with this guy in word and deed. It doesn't look good for them. 

:tinfoilhat: While I care about the victims justice, I’m more disappointed that we likely won’t get answers about what this guy does, how he came to be. A creep with as many high powered international ties as he has accumulated when it would seem most people knew enough about him that none of the pedo stuff was really a surprise. Forget blue/red implications, there’s a much farther reach here.  Look at the wealth connections between Russia, and guys like Simeon migelovich, the saudis, Israel, the US, I feel like there’s this marketplace that exists outside of what we see. They are all connected, and here’s a guy that connects a lot of them, but operate with more autonomy because they either have a firm hold on power or operate in the fringe shadows (operating in the open sometimes, like Rusal.) Billionaires working with billionaires internationally to do whatever they want. We squabble over red/blue talking points without even realizing that organized crime essentially is operating without borders and that influence is working its way into our political system on both sides. 

A question for the legal guys: is it true that the "Non-Disclosure" forms Epstein made all his employees sign are now meaningless, and they can say and tell whatever they want?

We squabble over red/blue talking points without even realizing that organized crime essentially is operating without borders and that influence is working its way into our political system on both sides. 
Do you really believe this or does the tin foil serve the purpose of mocking it? I can't tell.

Also, sometimes are greatest instinctual fears embody themselves in rational thought about connections and conspiracies when there's little to no transparency nor seeming rhyme or reason about people's successes and failures.

It juxtaposes meritocracy with what we have, which doesn't seem to based on merit, per se, but is rather based on certain attitudes, mores, folkways, conventions, existing competition laws, etc.

Do you really believe this or does the tin foil serve the purpose of mocking it? I can't tell.

Also, sometimes are greatest instinctual fears embody themselves in rational thought about connections and conspiracies when there's little to no transparency nor seeming rhyme or reason about people's successes and failures.

It juxtaposes meritocracy with what we have, which doesn't seem to based on merit, per se, but is rather based on certain attitudes, mores, folkways, conventions, existing competition laws, etc.
I wouldn’t say it’s a well formulated thesis, more of a hodgepodge of connections I feel exist, but yeah I believe this is the case. 

I wouldn’t say it’s a well formulated thesis, more of a hodgepodge of connections I feel exist, but yeah I believe this is the case. 
Okay. Thanks for the answer, man. I don't believe it and believe that even their crimes are a natural outgrowth of self-separation and seclusion away from the teeming masses, but I suppose that when you self-select that much and the moral compass of that group goes awry, it goes awry for an awful lot of people.

I think we need to have a discussion about the legality of sleeping with sixteen-eighteen year olds or possessing photography of nudes, etc. It seems very wrong for an age disparity that we're hearing about to exist, but sixteen years old seems to be mature enough to decide these things. I think where the overweening nanny state intrudes, thus we will see the elites break rules otherwise prescribed by the middle class, which includes a whole lot of puritanical folk on both sides of the aisle here. I say this because I don't know the nature of the Epstein crimes, what constitutes the legal use of the word "child," etc. It's all very muddled in this instance. 

The President of the United States came out and accused one of his predecessors of murder, but it's all good because that's just how presidents are these days.  This is fine.
This is absolutely not fine and borderline unhinged. Like I said last night, this was one of the worst days for the stability of the Republic in a long time, for a lot of reasons. 

Okay. Thanks for the answer, man. I don't believe it and believe that even their crimes are a natural outgrowth of self-separation and seclusion away from the teeming masses, but I suppose that when you self-select that much and the moral compass of that group goes awry, it goes awry for an awful lot of people.

I think we need to have a discussion about the legality of sleeping with sixteen-eighteen year olds or possessing photography of nudes, etc. It seems very wrong for an age disparity that we're hearing about to exist, but sixteen years old seems to be mature enough to decide these things. I think where the overweening nanny state intrudes, thus we will see the elites break rules otherwise prescribed by the middle class, which includes a whole lot of puritanical folk on both sides of the aisle here. I say this because I don't know the nature of the Epstein crimes, what constitutes the legal use of the word "child," etc. It's all very muddled in this instance. 
I don’t think this grew out of some sick obsession, I think it’s possible that the whole thing was an influence operation, that’s how he made his money, blackmail and the selling of blackmail materials to people willing to operate outside the normal rules. 

I don’t think this grew out of some sick obsession, I think it’s possible that the whole thing was an influence operation, that’s how he made his money, blackmail and the selling of blackmail materials to people willing to operate outside the normal rules. 
That is certainly plausible, and a bunch of serious journalists have alluded to it in not-so-subtle ways. 

Users who are viewing this thread