Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ren hoek

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap.

1 hour ago, beer 30 said:

Exactly, I know the media is trying to foment the conspiracy stuff but dude hung himself. Complete incompetency by the guards and certainly seems like there were decisions made that lead down a path to this inevitable conclusion but nobody killed Jefferey Epstein accept Jefferey Epstein. 

And some people around here still want more govt run programs. Blows my mind. 

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

WaPo article fuels Epstein conspiracies, but experts say evidence paper presented consistent with suicide

- Actually upon further review the autopsy results are totally consistent with suicide.

Just want to make sure what we are saying here.  To me, "consistent with suicide" means, "it totally could have been suicide."  Not, "it couldn't have been homicide."

Subtle difference, I know.  But want to throw it out there. 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Private run prisons are models of efficiency and professionalism. Riiiiiiiiight. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Private run prisons are models of efficiency and professionalism. Riiiiiiiiight.

There was a judge, back a few years ago, that was found deliberately incorrectly sentencing patients to stints in a private prison he owned a stake in.

It was the argument against private prisons in a nutshell.

Edited by rockaction
  • Thanks 1

Apparently Hillary sent him a young girl to sex up. This is almost too wild to beleive but Forbes seems pretty legit. 

God it must be awesome to be rich and white. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/richardbehar/2019/08/15/jeffrey-epstein-spent-time-alone-with-young-female-prison-visitor/#7c33c2ab185b

The day after he was taken off suicide watch, disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein spent at least two hours locked up alone with a young woman, in a private room reserved for inmates and their attorneys, according to an attorney who was visiting the prison that day. 

"The optics were startling. Because she was young. And pretty,” said the visiting attorney, who asked that his name not be used because he didn’t want to create friction with the prison administration. He speculated the woman could be a lawyer—NBC News has reportedthat Epstein paid members of his team to sit with him in a room for eight hours a day for attorney-client meetings, allowing him to avoid his cell. 

The visiting attorney went to the Manhattan Correctional Center on July 30, a day after Epstein was reportedly taken off suicide watch and transferred into the Special Housing Unit (SHU). During the hours the visiting attorney was present, it wasn’t Epstein’s main lawyer, Reid Weingarten, or other named attorneys who visited him. 

“If I was him, I would have hired... an old bald guy,” said the lawyer, who said the young woman was in there with Epstein for at least two hours when he was there. He also pointed out that the room is locked when prisoners go in, after their handcuffs are removed, and unlocked only when prisoners leave and handcuffs are put back on.

Weingarten and other attorneys representing Epstein have not responded to requests for comment by Forbes. 

Epstein’s daily occupation of the room in the SHU was a sore point for attorneys trying to visit their clients. Instead of waiting 15 minutes for a room, the wait could stretch for two hours, as it was that day. “They wouldn't move anybody until he got where he was going, which is what they used to do with El Chapo, too,” the visiting attorney said. There are 12 attorney visiting rooms at MCC, but only two are for attorneys visiting SHU clients. That means Epstein was monopolizing a scarce resource. 

It was unusual because “you meet with your lawyers as needed,” the attorney said. He added that it would be difficult for any other lawyer to monopolize an interview room every day if the lawyer didn’t have eight hours of work to do with a client. And in the visiting attorney’s experience, based on the early stages of Epstein’s case, he definitely wouldn’t need that much time every day with his lawyers. MCC has not returned calls about Epstein’s apparent access to the interview room. 

David Patton, executive director of the Federal Defenders of New York, a nonprofit that provides low-cost or free legal representation for people, said that spending eight hours a day in the MCC meeting rooms is unusual, and that attorneys typically couldn’t do that. “We don't have the ability to spend that kind of time on a single visit,” Patton said. Mostly, “the waits can be very long and aggravating.”

As for Epstein’s companion, the visiting attorney noted that she didn’t seem to have any files with her. He speculated that she could have been a first-year associate, and that she was dressed casually. “It was slacks and a blouse. ... Could have been jeans or another kind of pants,”  he said. “But, like, Sunday brunch attire.”

The visiting attorney said the treatment reminded him of Epstein’s lifestyle in Florida when he served 13 months on a prostitution charge in a much-criticized plea deal with federal prosecutors. Then, Epstein would leave jail and go to his office on a work release program for  up to 12 hours a day, six days a week. “It sounded to me like a replay of the Florida thing where he got to go to the office … and sit around rather than sit in the cell,” he said.

Using the interview room for so many hours would have a big impact on attorneys waiting to meet their clients, and a big impact on taxpayers, according to Patton. “Eighty percent of all federal defendants are represented by my office, or assigned private attorneys who are paid statutory amounts, and they are sitting there [waiting]. That's just taxpayers dollars ticking off the clock."

It’s understandable why Epstein would want to avoid his cell. Conditions inside MCC are legendarily bad—”miserable,” according to Patton—and Epstein had complained about rodents and bad food, according to multiple reports. At least the SHU meeting room would get him out of his cell. But the 1970s-era facility left a lot to be desired by both inmates and attorneys. Patton said the MCC isn’t as bad as more violent lockups, like Rikers Island. “But it's one of the worst in different respects: Incredibly cramped—the only 'outdoor' recreation is on the rooftop under heavy fencing,” he said.

As for the SHU, where Epstein was kept, Patton said the conditions are even harsher. Inmates are housed in their cells 23 hours a day, and there’s only a tiny window letting in a sliver of natural light. “It's a forbidding physical place to spend time. And it doesn't certainly help in terms of mental health, or people improving their disposition, or getting them prepared to eventually reenter society and be more productive than when they went in,” he said.  

Which is why any inmate would likely prefer to sit in a private room. Epstein, though, could afford to pay lawyers to sit there with him. As for the woman he saw sitting with Epstein, the attorney said, “I think she was there just to babysit him, and keep him out of his cell, and just keep him company for eight hours a day. Which is not supposed to be the way it works."

3 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Apparently Hillary sent him a young girl to sex up. This is almost too wild to beleive but Forbes seems pretty legit.

Why Hillary? I didn't get that from the article. Did I miss it?

Just now, rockaction said:

Nah I was just joshin on that but I figure it she could murder him she might as well let him have his death row trim. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lutherman2112 said:

The "kids for cash" judge was absolutely disgusting.

That was it! That was about as depraved as one can get.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

"The optics were startling. Because she was young. And pretty,” said the visiting attorney, who asked that his name not be used because he didn’t want to create friction with the prison administration. 

Aka I dont want to be murdered

• Like 1

This is such a strange twisting story.   That Epstein had a portrait done of Bill Clinton in a blue dress and high heels is just too bizarre. Why?

2 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

This is such a strange twisting story.   That Epstein had a portrait done of Bill Clinton in a blue dress and high heels is just too bizarre. Why?

Shenanigans?

7 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Because Clinton did not have the legs to pull off flats.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rockaction said:

read between the lines.  many people are saying this

Just now, jomar said:

read between the lines.  many people are saying this

Gotcha. I just took what he said as possibly literal and didn't really trust my fast read of the article nor my suspicion that Jackstraw was being dryly witty.

4 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

That thing will inevitably be auctioned off right?  anyone care to take a stab on the over under price?

It belongs in the Clinton Presidential Library.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Posted (edited)

None of us know if he killed himself or was killed.  Either is a perfectly logical and possible scenario.  Neither is a “conspiracy theory”, even if your idiotic media tells you it is.

If you go check the conspiracy forums, they aren’t even debating this.  Most of them actually think epstein is still alive and the autopsy photos weren’t real.  You know, normal insane conspiracy stuff.  But him murdered?  Not even close to a conspiracy.  It’s arguably the more logical of the two scenarios. 

Edited by shader

1 minute ago, shader said:

None of us know if he killed himself or was killed.  Either is a perfectly logical and possible scenario.  Neither is a “conspiracy theory”, even if your idiotic media tells you it is.

If you go check the conspiracy forums, they aren’t even debating this.  Most of them actually think epstein is still alive and the autopsy photos weren’t real.  You know, normal insane conspiracy stuff.  But him murdered?  Not even close to a conspiracy.  It’s arguably the more logical of the two scenarios. 

I was telling my parents last night that when you keep having to stress the plausibility of suicide instead of the likelihood, you're on the wrong side of Occam's razor.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

I think they dug into the artist and it wasnt done for Epstein. He just happened to purchase it. 

There is one of Bush floating around too. Not in a dress though. 

32 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Who among us hasn't wanted a portrait done in blue dress and high heels? 

Mine came out great and the artist really lengthened my legs nicely. 

• Laughing 1

So did this lady go in to teach him how to tie a loose with a bed sheet?

Also, are these lawyer-inmate meeting rooms under video surveillance? 

I don't think I could tie a proper noose out of a bed sheet, not enough length relative to width.  Some form of ligature, yes, but not a proper noose.  Maybe if I cut the bed sheet into multiple strips, and braided them together creating a longer bit of rope. 

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

As for Epstein’s companion, the visiting attorney noted that she didn’t seem to have any files with her. He speculated that she could have been a first-year associate, and that she was dressed casually. “It was slacks and a blouse. ... Could have been jeans or another kind of pants,”  he said. “But, like, Sunday brunch attire.”

This doesn’t sound like a lawyer.

it would be nice to see the IG set out every event like this but I’m not expecting it.

3 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

"The optics were startling. Because she was young. And pretty,” said the visiting attorney, who asked that his name not be used because he didn’t want to create friction with the prison administration. 

This is from the NYT article by the reporter who visited Epstein’s home last year:

>>After I rang, the door was opened by a young woman, her blond hair pulled back in a chignon, who greeted me with what sounded like an Eastern European accent.

I can’t say how old she was, but my guess would be late teens or perhaps 20. Given Mr. Epstein’s past, this struck me as far too close to the line. Why would Mr. Epstein want a reporter’s first impression to be that of a young woman opening his door?

The woman led me up a monumental staircase to a room on the second floor overlooking the Frick museum across the street.<<

It sounds to me like someone in the prison was corrupt and allowing Epstein to have special visiting privileges.  Probably the same ones who allowed nhim to get murdered / kill himself.

4 hours ago, rockaction said:

Also, they don't allow conjugal visits in the attorney/client room.  The post is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

It sounds to me like someone in the prison was corrupt and allowing Epstein to have special visiting privileges.  Probably the same ones who allowed nhim to get murdered / kill himself.

You're hearing things strangely.

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

This doesn’t sound like a lawyer.

it would be nice to see the IG set out every event like this but I’m not expecting it.

Why not?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Also, they don't allow conjugal visits in the attorney/client room.  The post is ridiculous.

Okay. Thanks. I guess papers are printing this to sell and outlets peddling to click, but it would behoove them not to fan these flames. 

Just now, rockaction said:

Okay. Thanks. I guess papers are printing this to sell and outlets peddling to click, but it would behoove them not to fan these flames. 

It's apparently news that young female associates at big law firms are usually attractive.  ALERT THE MEDIA.

• Thanks 1

I heard a super attractive blonde woman visited a doctor's office near me for nearly an hour.  They said she was a pharmaceutical rep BUT I KNOW WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON.

• Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

You're hearing things strangely.

According to this is seems as if he was getting special treatment

https://nypost.com/2019/08/16/jeffrey-epstein-spent-hours-alone-with-mysterious-woman-in-lockup/

The woman didn’t seem to be carrying any files and was dressed casually — leading the attorney to believe that she was a first-year associate, according to the report.

“It was slacks and a blouse. … Could have been jeans or another kind of pants,” he told Forbes. “But, like, Sunday brunch attire.”

“I think she was there just to babysit him, and keep him out of his cell, and just keep him company for eight hours a day,” he added. “Which is not supposed to be the way it works.”

As soon as prisoners enter the meeting room, their handcuffs are removed and the door is locked, according to the report. When prisoners leave the room, the door is unlocked and the cuffs are put back on, the attorney told Forbes.

Weingarten and other attorneys representing Epstein did not immediately respond to requests for comment from The Post.

Other attorneys trying to use the room for visits with their clients have grown frustrated with Epstein’s daily presence there, the attorney told the outlet.

“They wouldn’t move anybody until [Epstein] got where he was going, which is what they used to do with El Chapo, too,” he said.

Just now, John Blutarsky said:

According to this is seems as if he was getting special treatment

https://nypost.com/2019/08/16/jeffrey-epstein-spent-hours-alone-with-mysterious-woman-in-lockup/

The woman didn’t seem to be carrying any files and was dressed casually — leading the attorney to believe that she was a first-year associate, according to the report.

“It was slacks and a blouse. … Could have been jeans or another kind of pants,” he told Forbes. “But, like, Sunday brunch attire.”

“I think she was there just to babysit him, and keep him out of his cell, and just keep him company for eight hours a day,” he added. “Which is not supposed to be the way it works.”

As soon as prisoners enter the meeting room, their handcuffs are removed and the door is locked, according to the report. When prisoners leave the room, the door is unlocked and the cuffs are put back on, the attorney told Forbes.

Weingarten and other attorneys representing Epstein did not immediately respond to requests for comment from The Post.

Other attorneys trying to use the room for visits with their clients have grown frustrated with Epstein’s daily presence there, the attorney told the outlet.

“They wouldn’t move anybody until [Epstein] got where he was going, which is what they used to do with El Chapo, too,” he said.

I think you're reading too much into that.  "I think Jeffrey Epstein was gaming the system" isn't the same thing as "he's getting special treatment from the guards."

4 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I think you're reading too much into that.  "I think Jeffrey Epstein was gaming the system" isn't the same thing as "he's getting special treatment from the guards."

None of us know what was going on. It's all speculation. It's not like he didn't get any special treatment when locked up in Palm Beach.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rockaction said:

That was it! That was about as depraved as one can get.

Well the concept in and of itself is pretty ####ed up...but examples like this compound the idea that corporations need more inmates to make money.

Edited by urbanhack

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Why not?

I'm guessing large firm, big $$$ per hour, I doubt they send (as described) a 1st year female associate into a one on one meeting with Epstein in jail, and in informal, casual clothing.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

6 hours ago, Max Power said:
7 hours ago, beer 30 said:

Exactly, I know the media is trying to foment the conspiracy stuff but dude hung himself. Complete incompetency by the guards and certainly seems like there were decisions made that lead down a path to this inevitable conclusion but nobody killed Jefferey Epstein accept Jefferey Epstein. 

From what I'd read, the prison is very understaffed -- one of the guards was on his 5th overtime day that week and the other was an under qualified replacement. Seems to me that the issue is a lack of funding rather than a problem with the system per se. Then again, that's what the whole "starve the beast" GOP strategy is based around, isn't it? Defund government programs so they either have to close or become dysfunctional to the point of elimination?

4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'm guessing large firm, big $$$ per hour, I doubt they send (as described) a 1st year female associate into a one on one meeting with Epstein in jail cell, and in informal, casual clothing.

If the primary goal is to game the system for your rich client so he can just be out of his cell for as long as possible, wouldn't you send the lowest people on the totem pole to fill the seat? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has the unnamed body collector been named yet?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

If the primary goal is to game the system for your rich client so he can just be out of his cell for as long as possible, wouldn't you send the lowest people on the totem pole to fill the seat? 

Eh, I'd probably think send lowest risk individual with highest billing rate. And if not who's going to tell young female associate she just happens to be the one chosen for this particular assignment, and btw dress down, really? - I certainly think rumor mongering is not warranted, but really I'd like to hear the argument that SDNY MCC was properly following protocol to begin with.

- eta - Is it possible supposed witness for the Forbes report was letting his imagination run wild? Yes, sure it is.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

14 minutes ago, identikit said:

Has the unnamed body collector been named yet?

Is it important?

2 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Is it important?

Nope.

Posted (edited)

Eh, I'd probably think send lowest risk individual with highest billing rate. And if not who's going to tell young female associate she just happens to be the one chosen for this particular assignment, and btw dress down, really? - I certainly think rumor mongering is not warranted, but really I'd like to hear the argument that SDNY MCC was properly following protocol to begin with.

- eta - Is it possible supposed witness for the Forbes report was letting his imagination run wild? Yes, sure it is.

When I did my pro bono death penalty work, no one had to tell me to “dress down” to visit the prison.  It was pretty obvious as a young female.  She also didn’t sound all that dressed down from usual office attire.  The days of dressing in a suit for work in a firm are long past. 

The whole article is infuriating.  I’d have hoped the days where young attractive women have to explain, “yes, I really am an attorney” were also long past, but I see they persist.  The notion that Epstein should have had old male lawyers just for appearance sake is likewise infuriating.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'm guessing large firm, big $$$ per hour, I doubt they send (as described) a 1st year female associate into a one on one meeting with Epstein in jail, and in informal, casual clothing.

Why not? Also, she need not have been a first year, that’s a pretty broad assumption. 

• Like 1

“Lowest risk”? What does that mean?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, krista4 said:

When I did my pro bono death penalty work, no one had to tell me to “dress down” to visit the prison.  It was pretty obvious as a young female.  She also didn’t sound all that dressed down from usual office attire.  The days of dressing in a suit for work in a firm are long past. 

The whole article is infuriating.  I’d have hoped the days where young attractive women have to explain, “yes, I really am an attorney” were also long past, but I see they persist.  The notion that Epstein should have had old male lawyers just for appearance sake is likewise infuriating.

No, sorry, we can’t send the pretty young woman on the easy assignment. She needs to be locked in the basement doing doc review so people will take her seriously. 

• Love 1