Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ren hoek

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap.

Epstein reportedly made a lot of his wealth by leveraging dirt on powerful people into business deals and relationships. That means somewhere he probably has blackmail material. If the feds find it or he starts talking, this is going to get ugly quickly.

21 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm going to have to revisit this later when I have time to read the whole thing.  I just hate that darn near every single one of these stories starts the same way with no one believing the victim's claims against powerful people.

I can't even imagine what powerful people were getting away pre-internet days and how emboldened they were.

Yeah, that happens a lot. 

27 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Julie Brown on MSNBC talking about Epstein and the current allegations.  She said there are definitely some powerful people sweating it out right now if Epstein starts naming names. 

They asked about his relationship to Trump and her reply was that they were friendly and had a few dinners together.  Trump had been on Epstein's plane before. 

Apparently Trump had/has a modelling agency and Epstein is on record wanting to set up a modelling agency "like Trumps".

Don’t tell me Louise Mensch was right about Trump’s modeling agency...

9 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

Don’t tell me Louise Mensch was right about Trump’s modeling agency...

What is the back story to this?

From the Q world...  They had to make sure to attach Trump's name to the story so people are willing to dig into the details. 

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

What is the back story to this?

The modeling agency, at least in the early years, seems to have fit the definition of human trafficking, including underage girls, for labor (modeling.)  Mensch extrapolated that to Donald Trump being engaged in sex trafficking through the agency. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Apparently Trump had/has a modelling agency and Epstein is on record wanting to set up a modelling agency "like Trumps".

This is the background to this:

- MJ.

-NYDN

- TDB

(h/t Henry)

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I don’t think we should assume Trump did anything wrong with Epstein. Or Bill Clinton. Or Dershowitz.  Let’s see what the evidence shows. Calling any of these guys a pedophile based on what we know at this time is wrong IMO. 

I agree with this on a primary level. It's very possible that when the indictment is unsealed tomorrow it will not look like what people are speculating. - However Epstein got away last time at least partly in dealing testimony on Bear Stearns. I don't think he has anything to trade like that this time, but who knows. I think the bigger danger for 'names' may not be this indictment but if Epstein flips.

NYPost with a doorman source.

About a dozen federal agents meanwhile broke down the door of Epstein’s $50 million mansion on East 71st Street on the Upper East Side at around 6:30 p.m. to execute search warrants, witnesses said.

“Me and my partner heard a big bang,” a doorman who works on the block told The Post of hearing the door come down.

“They broke the door down — FBI, cops,” some 20 law enforcement agents in total, he said. “They just went in with bags.”

The doorman, who asked not to be identified by name, said that even now, Epstein entertained a continuous parade of “girls” who came and went at all hours.

“Tall,” he said. “They looked like models … I’m not sure [of their ages] because of all that makeup.”

Bizarrely, Woody Allen, who’d been a father figure to teenaged Soon-Yi Previn before marrying her, lives nearby and is a pal of Epstein’s, the doorman said.

Allen was among the crowd of people ogling the fed’s raid, he said.

“Bill Cosby used to live here, too,” the doorman said. “Next to Woody Allen. We get all of them.”

He added, of Epstein, “I got a daughter who is turning fourteen. I’d put a bullet in his head.”

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

NYPost with a doorman source.

Reveal hidden contents

About a dozen federal agents meanwhile broke down the door of Epstein’s $50 million mansion on East 71st Street on the Upper East Side at around 6:30 p.m. to execute search warrants, witnesses said.

“Me and my partner heard a big bang,” a doorman who works on the block told The Post of hearing the door come down.

“They broke the door down — FBI, cops,” some 20 law enforcement agents in total, he said. “They just went in with bags.”

The doorman, who asked not to be identified by name, said that even now, Epstein entertained a continuous parade of “girls” who came and went at all hours.

“Tall,” he said. “They looked like models … I’m not sure [of their ages] because of all that makeup.”

Bizarrely, Woody Allen, who’d been a father figure to teenaged Soon-Yi Previn before marrying her, lives nearby and is a pal of Epstein’s, the doorman said.

Allen was among the crowd of people ogling the fed’s raid, he said.

“Bill Cosby used to live here, too,” the doorman said. “Next to Woody Allen. We get all of them.”

He added, of Epstein, “I got a daughter who is turning fourteen. I’d put a bullet in his head.”

Reveal hidden contents

Seems like someone who is willing to talk or already has.

• Like 1

Very pleased to see this domino drop. Equal justice for all. No more deals to the elite. Here's hoping that NXIVM, Epstein cases expose all the pedophiles for the world to judge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

From the Q world...  They had to make sure to attach Trump's name to the story so people are willing to dig into the details. 

Looks to be working.  MSNBC's piece on the story mentioned Trump at least a dozen times with the commentator bring up how Barr can derail this and Trump giving Epstein a pardon.  At least the guest was calm enough to she doesn't see either of those things happening without major repercussions.

Replying to

@gtconway3d

In Epstein's contact book, under Trump's name "were 14 phone numbers, including emergency numbers, car numbers, and numbers to Trump's security guard and houseman."

• Like 2

Gotta say after 16 years around this place, I’ve finally seen an issue with near universal unity: pedophiles should go to jail. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Gotta say after 16 years around this place, I’ve finally seen an issue with near universal unity: pedophiles should go to jail. 

Need to know more about how this first came to light and what law enforcement officers were texting each other before I can make a final decision.

• Like 7
  • Laughing 4

9 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

I’d like to think so. But if Trump is tied into it I can see his supporters calling SDNY part of the imaginary deep state. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

If this had ever been brought up in the past I doubt you also would not have found anything but near university unity. Who outside of NAMBLA has not advocated jail time for pedophiles? 

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

I don’t think we should assume Trump did anything wrong with Epstein. Or Bill Clinton. Or Dershowitz.  Let’s see what the evidence shows. Calling any of these guys a pedophile based on what we know at this time is wrong IMO. 

I agree.  We all know guys like Bill Clinton and Trump have probably had their share of beautiful women, and probably much younger than them, but pedophile is a very serious charge.   There are a ton of names in those flight logs and I doubt they are all pedos.  It would be nice if there was a little more public pressure on guys besides Trump or Bill.  Dershowitz, Chris Rock, Katie Couric, etc.  Are these people still defending Epstein?  WTF was going on on the island?  It's like some huge secret nobody talks about.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There are crazy things out there when you go down this rabbit hole.  Last night was reading about Trump/Clinton/Epstein theories and I was reading about Trump buying a boat from Jamal kashoggi’s uncle decades ago, pictures of Clinton/trump with Epstein, including one of a young Melania...it’s insane.  Who knows what’s true, but if this is all about to drop in the next two weeks, who knows what Trump and other powerful people will do to distract/stop it from coming out.

Edited by shader

3 minutes ago, shader said:

There are crazy things out there when you go down this rabbit hole.  Last night was reading about Trump/Clinton/Epstein theories and I was reading about Trump buying a boat from Jamal kashoggi’s uncle decades ago, pictures of Clinton/trump with Epstein, including one of a young Melania...it’s insane.  Who knows what’s true, but if this is all about to stop in the next two weeks, who knows what Trump and other powerful people will do to distract/stop it from coming out.

Infrastructure week?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

I agree.  We all know guys like Bill Clinton and Trump have probably had their share of beautiful women, and probably much younger than them, but pedophile is a very serious charge.   There are a ton of names in those flight logs and I doubt they are all pedos.  It would be nice if there was a little more public pressure on guys besides Trump or Bill.  Dershowitz, Chris Rock, Katie Couric, etc.  Are these people still defending Epstein?  WTF was going on on the island?  It's like some huge secret nobody talks about.

In case no one understands this - the non-prosecution agreement did the following things:

• Yes JE got a sweetheart deal. He was put in county prison and was allowed to leave it on his own recognizance at one point. Epstein apparently also gave some testimony in the Bear Stearns investigation, which is interesting because apparently he was thrown out of BS for unethical behavior.
  • The NPA ensured immunity for Epstein's co-conspirators. Someone correct me please but I think that's almost unheard of.
  • The victims themselves were not told of the agreement.
  • IIRC somehow the victims were told they could be charged as prostitutes, so they were pretty damned scared.
  • The court records and investigation records were sealed.

Yes no one is (was) talking about it because no one knows (nearly) anything about it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It’s easy to forget in the maelstrom of false, over-hyped, and unprovable accusations in politics, that in this Epstein case is without question an underaged sex for hire network for the rich and powerful, operated under the assumption that they were too powerful to get caught, and the victims would have no agency. And for decades they’ve been right. That’s why it’s so important to have the press and courts, the same institutions Trump undermines, lead with full transparency. This is ugly and will be met aggressively with every tactic in the book to try to suppress it. Accordingly, can we please call out and minimize attempts to walk the truth through the funhouse mirror that it will inevitably be walked through to protect the perpetrators?

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:
11 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

In response to a rape allegation, Trump said the victim wasn’t his type. At a point, satire is important and warranted. Who says that? (Oh. Trump did). Stop playing the victim and take some accountability. You’re in bed with the damn devil.

Are you talking about the insane lady who even CNN had to cut off because she said that rape was sexy?

She didn't say rape was sexy.

She said "I think most people think of rape as being sexy."

(We can debate whether she should have said "many" or "most" but either way she's got a point.)

Once again you've been caught pushing fake news. You would be excused if you were merely misquoting what she said out of sheer ignorance. But based on your history here, you really don't deserve that benefit of the doubt.

• Like 4

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s daughter said that some favorite figures of both the Right and Left may be implicated in the sex trafficking case alleged against billionaire Jeffrey Epstein.

"This Epstein case is horrific and the young women deserve justice. It is quite likely that some of our faves are implicated but we must follow the facts and let the chips fall where they may — whether on Republicans or Democrats," Christine Pelosi tweeted Saturday after news of Epstein's arrest broke.

I wonder what she knows... :tinfoilhat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, David Dodds said:

Very pleased to see this domino drop. Equal justice for all. No more deals to the elite. Here's hoping that NXIVM, Epstein cases expose all the pedophiles for the world to judge.

Yeah, me too. 

2 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

Replying to

@gtconway3d

In Epstein's contact book, under Trump's name "were 14 phone numbers, including emergency numbers, car numbers, and numbers to Trump's security guard and houseman."

Also is some of this why Pelosi seems to be pumping the brakes on impeachment? She knows more juicy stuff is coming? Maybe wait till too late for another Republican to properly organize? Probably wishful thinking on my part but seems more plausible as time goes on. 

12 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Is this possibly one of the cases Mueller farmed out? 

Maybe Cohen was involved in intimidating the accuser and getting her to drop the case. Seems like it would be in his job description at the time.

• Thinking 1

39 minutes ago, Max Power said:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s daughter said that some favorite figures of both the Right and Left may be implicated in the sex trafficking case alleged against billionaire Jeffrey Epstein.

"This Epstein case is horrific and the young women deserve justice. It is quite likely that some of our faves are implicated but we must follow the facts and let the chips fall where they may — whether on Republicans or Democrats," Christine Pelosi tweeted Saturday after news of Epstein's arrest broke.

I wonder what she knows... 

I doubt she knows anything but it’s probably wise to brace for friendlies being implicated not just enemies.

5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I doubt she knows anything but it’s probably wise to brace for friendlies being implicated not just enemies.

I think that's a tweet from someone who has an idea what's coming down and for who. "Some of our faves" is odd to me.  But I'm just speculating really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Max Power said:

This one is pretty easy to describer. Bill is a favorite.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Is this possibly one of the cases Mueller farmed out? 

Mueller signed off on the plea deal. 

56 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think that's a tweet from someone who has an idea what's coming down and for who. "Some of our faves" is odd to me.  But I'm just speculating really.

It really is.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Did Mueller not sign off the Epstein plea deal before all the interviews were even completed? 

That’s confusing to me.  Why would Mueller need to “sign off” on a plea deal? He wasn’t US Attorney in the area or even AG, he was FBI Director. 

Edited by Henry Ford

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

She was one of the first with wide reach to retweet and encourage the doxxing of the woman with the Caution sign on the 4th. She's an attention #####.

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

That’s confusing to me.  Why would Mueller need to “sign off” on a plea deal? He wasn’t AG, he was FBI Director. 

I must be confused.  I thought I read the FBI approved the plea.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I must be confused.  I thought I read the FBI approved the plea.

I just don’t know. I’m asking because I haven’t seen that. And certainly don’t know why the FBI director would be signing off on an individual case that was considered (at the time) a supervised-release-level crime by the prosecutor. At least as it turned out. 

Edited by Henry Ford

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

I just don’t know. I’m asking because I haven’t seen that. And certainly don’t know why the FBI director would be signing off on an individual case that was considered (at the time) a probation-level crime by the prosecutor. 

Someone forwarded me this link to read over.  My work computer doesn't load the documents, so the one liners aren't making a ton of sense to me.  I'll check it out when I get home.

This did stick out.

How bad was the DOJ-approved plea deal?

9/27/2007: Epstein signs the non-prosecution agreement

10/31/2007: Internal emails show that FBI agents still had not interviewed all the victims.

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Someone forwarded me this link to read over.  My work computer doesn't load the documents, so the one liners aren't making a ton of sense to me.  I'll check it out when I get home.

This did stick out.

10/31/2007: Internal emails show that FBI agents still had not interviewed all the victims.

I saw one note that it was approved by the Assistant AG... that would be whoever Alberto Gonzales’s #2 was. Can’t recall who that was. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Max Power said:

This did stick out.

Man the misinformation machine is powerful and fast. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I saw one note that it was approved by the Assistant AG... that would be whoever Alberto Gonzales’s #2 was. Can’t recall who that was. 

@Max Power

Peter Keisler.  

• Thanks 1