What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (1 Viewer)

Rumor: 

Epstein's lawyer has already made a proffer to SDNY. Epstein will agree to cooperate with the investigation, including giving up the names of individuals that paid for activities with underage girls in exchange for a maximum sentence not to exceed 5 years

Let’s imagine shall we that Jeffrey Epstein photographed men with underaged women as blackmail material. And that the “hundreds or thousands” of photographs seized in his locked safe contain evidence against these men, and that one of these men is Donald Trump. 

And let’s further assume this evidence is part of a bigger, airtight case.

Might SDNY indict a sitting President under those circumstances?

If you think about it, it would be a thing of beauty.

Barr’s DOJ would likely fight tooth and nail up to Supreme Court, but the indictment would do its political damage. Despite pressure to reign, there’s no way Trump would. Meanwhile, he’d most likely lose the election in a landslide, and then face charges upon exit. 
Disagree.  I don't think it would be good for the country for the President to be involved in something like this. 

I am not making it political. I have made my comments about that anyone involved should face the consequences including Trump.
Ham said it further up but truly everyone can be, should be and is united in this.

If there's a takeaway on the Clinton/Trump :argue: it's that whatever Epstein was up to it was agnostic as to party. He was dealing with academics, D and R, Big Money, and somewhere there is a story about where his money was flowing from. I don't see a problem with raising Clinton or that Trump himself flew on the Epstein plane (which he did). It's an open question what was going on with all of them. We don't know yet.

Dershowitz confirmed to me last year that he received a massage "from an old old Russian" when he was vacationing at Epstein's Palm Beach home. Dershowitz claimed he never saw underage girls w Epstein, but said he was still advising the pedophile.

Gosh. I wonder why he felt the need to say "old old Russian?" 
Technically, isn't everyone old?

This reminds me more of the DC Madam brothel and New Orleans brothel stories. We have compromising activities, we have sex for favors, we have money, we have illicit behavior going on out of the reach of the press and the authorities.

Ham said it further up but truly everyone can be, should be and is united in this.

If there's a takeaway on the Clinton/Trump :argue: it's that whatever Epstein was up to it was agnostic as to party. He was dealing with academics, D and R, Big Money, and somewhere there is a story about where his money was flowing from. I don't see a problem with raising Clinton or that Trump himself flew on the Epstein plane (which he did). It's an open question what was going on with all of them. We don't know yet.
We also know that Trump dealt with a lot of young models with his modeling agency.  It's certainly not proof or evidence of criminal conduct, but it certainly raises some questions about whether there was any overlap there.

As much as I dislike Trump, I honestly hope there's nothing there.  But regardless, whoever has been involved criminally here should face justice.  D, R, pastors, my family members, whoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me more of the DC Madam brothel and New Orleans brothel stories. We have compromising activities, we have sex for favors, we have money, we have illicit behavior going on out of the reach of the press and the authorities.
So how is Epstein going to kill himself?

We also know that Trump dealt with a lot of young models with his modeling agency.  It's certainly not proof or evidence of criminal conduct, but it certainly raises some questions about whether there was any overlap there.

As much as I dislike Trump, I honestly hope there's nothing there.
My feeling on this is that we can't say what Trump was or was not doing so let's not say it, because it is ugly beyond the pale, even for Trump and his horrid record.

But I do think it's fair to point out how completely lacking in morals Trump is to pal around with such a person. Same goes for Clinton I suppose. Is there a claim people in that strata really didn't know the scuttlebutt on Epstein? And they'd take a free meal, cab ride, or even a plane ride from him? Just disgusting. Bring heat on Clinton and Trump both on that basis as far as I'm concerned.

Disagree.  I don't think it would be good for the country for the President to be involved in something like this. 
Do you mean exposed for being involved in something like this?  Because, while everyone has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, I would bet all my chips that Trump is involved.  I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't.  

If they found the blackmail stash, this is going to be the biggest story ever.

My feeling on this is that we can't say what Trump was or was not doing so let's not say it, because it is ugly beyond the pale, even for Trump and his horrid record.
Setting aside the specifics, I think it's reasonable to at least acknowledge that there's a connection between the two that bears investigating.  

For example, if Tom Brady had multiple properties in Florida that he obtained unlawfully and was being actively investigated for tax evasion and other criminal conduct, and we knew that Bill Belichick also was really interested in Florida properties and had quite a few on the other side of the state, it'd be fair to ask the question whether Bill and Tom were tied up together in it, since they knew each other well, spoke favorably of the other person, visited each others Florida properties repeatedly and were involved in similar niche business opportunities.

We shouldn't jump to conclusions, but we shouldn't be blind to some obvious questions that come to mind.

Whoa... catching back up on the DC madam.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Jeane_Palfrey

At the bottom.

2016 Presidential ElectionEdit

Sibley, Palfrey's former attorney, claims to have her phone records and that they are relevant to the 2016 presidential election.[35][36][37][38][39] In April 2016, the U.S. Supreme Court denied the request to lift a lower court order, in place since 2007, that bars Sibley from releasing any information about her records.[40]

I'm just waiting for somebody to say "Well, the pedophilia committed by the guy from my tribe is nowhere near as bad as the pedophilia committed by the guy from your tribe -- false equivalence!" 

We all know it's only a matter of time.
Up until two years ago I despised all politicians pretty equally. Quite a few stand outs since then.  I know I'm not alone that I want all guilty people to fry regardless of party.. 

Setting aside the specifics, I think it's reasonable to at least acknowledge that there's a connection between the two that bears investigating.  

For example, if Tom Brady had multiple properties in Florida that he obtained unlawfully and was being actively investigated for tax evasion and other criminal conduct, and we knew that Bill Belichick also was really interested in Florida properties and had quite a few on the other side of the state, it'd be fair to ask the question whether Bill and Tom were tied up together in it, since they knew each other well, spoke favorably of the other person, visited each others Florida properties repeatedly and were involved in similar business opportunities.

We shouldn't jump to conclusions, but we shouldn't be blind to some obvious questions that come to mind.
Hm, let's say it's Matt Ryan and Julio Jones: totally believable.

jk.

Seriously speaking - Somewhere in this thread there's a link to the published portions of JE's black book.

Now arguably the man is in money and high society. Arguably if someone is in the black book they may be a contact for social purposes, for money/business purposes, or for illicit purposes.

Also arguably all three things are connected. Social contacts are potential business contacts and illicit contacts help with business - and power as well.

I come from a crazy angle. One thing that happened here was the brothel scandal a few years ago - it involved the mafia, businessmen, common but very successful professional lawyers and doctors and such, and of course businessmen, but we never found out the whole story.

About the Epstein book - one thing that stands out about Trump is the number of contacts available for him - cell nos., multiple homes, business, assistant. The guy was immediately available and they were indeed in contact. - But I don't think it's enough to say right now that everyone in that book was involved in illicit activity.

Whoa... catching back up on the DC madam.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Jeane_Palfrey

At the bottom.

2016 Presidential ElectionEdit

Sibley, Palfrey's former attorney, claims to have her phone records and that they are relevant to the 2016 presidential election.[35][36][37][38][39] In April 2016, the U.S. Supreme Court denied the request to lift a lower court order, in place since 2007, that bars Sibley from releasing any information about her records.[40]
Right. Same thing happened in New Orleans, the federal district court blocked the release of the records, that was before the DC scandal.

Bail hearing in a few days. His attorneys are arguing that this is old news, old charges and of course he deserves bail. Prosecution says that if he is allowed bail we will never see him again.

I gotta go with prosecution here. If there is bail hes gone.

Bail hearing in a few days. His attorneys are arguing that this is old news, old charges and of course he deserves bail. Prosecution says that if he is allowed bail we will never see him again.

I gotta go with prosecution here. If there is bail hes gone.
Are they holding him until then, hopefully so?

Can we at least crap on Kevin Spacey as a team?
Spacey has been tied in with travelling with Epstein and Clinton on Twitter today, with the suggestion that he was also involved with the sex trafficking (which seems odd as I hadn't heard of any underage boys that Epstein provided access to).

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeffrey-epstein-traveled-with-bill-clinton-kevin-spacey-2019-7

Billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein once flew Bill Clinton and Kevin Spacey to Africa

[...]

Epstein's private plane took President Bill Clinton, actor Kevin Spacey, and comedian Chris Tucker to Africa to tour HIV/AIDS project sites, New York Magazine said in 2002, citing Page Six.

About the Epstein book - one thing that stands out about Trump is the number of contacts available for him - cell nos., multiple homes, business, assistant. The guy was immediately available and they were indeed in contact. - But I don't think it's enough to say right now that everyone in that book was involved in illicit activity.
Agreed that not everyone in the book is suspected of illicit activity.

However, any investigator his or her salt would ask some questions about significant overlap between these two folks.  Maybe it leads nowhere.  I hope it does, truly.

Just to follow up on this: did Trump visit Epstein's properties? I just don't recall seeing that.

- However I think much more relevant is that Epstein was recruiting at Maralago.
Not sure about Trump going to the island. The Miami reporter did confirm that Trump was on Epstein's plane a couple times. She did not say to where

But I do think it's fair to point out how completely lacking in morals Trump is to pal around with such a person. Same goes for Clinton I suppose. Is there a claim people in that strata really didn't know the scuttlebutt on Epstein? And they'd take a free meal, cab ride, or even a plane ride from him? Just disgusting. Bring heat on Clinton and Trump both on that basis as far as I'm concerned.
I agree completely.  To be charitable to the point of willful naivete, let's say for the sake of argument that Trump had no idea that Epstein was anything other than a upstanding, church-going pillar of the community, just to take the president out of this.  Anybody who knew about Epstein's sex trafficking and still traveled and partied with him should be shamed out of public life whether they actually did anything specifically illegal or not.  

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
The Miami reporter did confirm that Trump was on Epstein's plane a couple times. She did not say to where
You know, I think it's very unwise to assume that anyone that has been on that plane was involved in a teenage sex orgy. I get the Lolita nickname and all, but there's a WHOLE LOT of rushing to judgment around here. Let's wait and see.

You know, I think it's very unwise to assume that anyone that has been on that plane was involved in a teenage sex orgy. I get the Lolita nickname and all, but there's a WHOLE LOT of rushing to judgment around here. Let's wait and see.
I agree. I was just passing along that it was confirmed that Trump has been on that jet.

visited each others Florida properties repeatedly
Just to follow up on this: did Trump visit Epstein's properties? I just don't recall seeing that.

- However I think much more relevant is that Epstein was recruiting at Maralago.
I haven't heard anything that seriously ties him to Epstein's properties.  No significant reason to do anything other than raise the question.

Anybody who knew about Epstein's sex trafficking and still traveled and partied with him should be shamed out of public life whether they actually did anything specifically illegal or not.  
And again, this is quite problematic at this point. We really don't know what anybody knew for sure at the present time. 

I might have missed it but I would appreciate if someone could tell me many flights aboard Epstein's private jet did Clinton go on and were any taken without secret service?   
i missed it too.  unfortunately the glorious ignore function is invulnerable to quoting of said posts.

I haven't heard anything that seriously ties him to Epstein's properties.  No significant reason to do anything other than raise the question.
So page or 2 back being on the plane was enough to convict.  Now they have to have been seen on his property?  Pretty soon ol' Bill is going to be innocent.

Anybody who knew about Epstein's sex trafficking and still traveled and partied with him should be shamed out of public life whether they actually did anything specifically illegal or not.  
And again, this is quite problematic at this point. We really don't know what anybody knew for sure at the present time. 
Epstein likes to tell people that he’s a loner, a man who’s never touched alcohol or drugs, and one whose nightlife is far from energetic. And yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it – Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”
from a 2002 Epstein article, where Trump was interviewed.

It seems rather obvious that many people were aware of what Epstein was up to, or at the very least were confident enough in their perception of him in this arena to publicly state something like Trump did.  That's nothing you do on just the basis of a few one-off convo's.  This is done when basically everyone knows what you're up to.

So page or 2 back being on the plane was enough to convict.  Now they have to have been seen on his property?  Pretty soon ol' Bill is going to be innocent.
I don't even think the public has enough to do more than just ask investigators to take a look at the connection.  

What we can surmise publicly is that Trump was well aware of Epstein's proclivities, and still spoke favorably of the man.  Now, he's a narcissist and so long as Epstein liked Trump, Trump would naturally compliment him back.  Trump does that with brutal dictators, so why not a pedophile, sex-trafficker?

Politics have zero place here.  Left, right, center be damned.  Anyone involved in nefarious #### with this needs to be locked up with the key thrown away.   

Users who are viewing this thread