What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What should we do if Russia invades The Ukraine? (1 Viewer)

What should we do if Russia invades The Ukraine?

• Nothing

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Condemn, more sanctions, send weapons to Ukraine

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Mobilize our allies and send troops to defend Ukraine

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
Selling Russia more arms?

I think its disappointing that we are not in a position to lead.

Europe is still in a bit of flux over how to organize themselves - with competing national interests.  It was easy to line everyone up behind the US - but without that central force, I think they will struggle to find a common direction.

Which, of course, is what Putin wanted, and what Trump delivered.

Thats what a good leader does - organizes and brings in the the smart people, and then leads. rather than dictates.

We are temporarily out of the leadership business.

Send hookers to pee on his bed?

So - we allow them to kill Ukrainians?
:cry:

I really hope you are paid for these posts.

I’m kind of torn about Trump’s decision. On the one hand, I think it’s a good thing that Donald Trump doesn’t meet with Vladimir Putin at this time. 

On the other hand, if Russia is truly threatening the Ukraine, it might be a good idea for the President of the United States to meet with the leader of Russia and attempt to dissuade him. Something along the lines of “If you choose to go through with this, we can’t guarantee that we won’t become directly involved.” 
Putin: "Then we release the pee tapes"

Sanctions is probably the most we can and will do.  I don't think the public at large has any stomach for sending our soldiers to fight the Russians in Ukraine.  This has nothing to do with Trump.  I'd have said the same thing under Obama and whoever succeeds Trump.  The country is war weary right now.  We've been in Afghanistan for 17 years.

Sanctions is probably the most we can and will do.  I don't think the public at large has any stomach for sending our soldiers to fight the Russians in Ukraine.  This has nothing to do with Trump.  I'd have said the same thing under Obama and whoever succeeds Trump.  The country is war weary right now.  We've been in Afghanistan for 17 years.
What student of history could have seen that coming?

What student of history could have seen that coming?
I have this thing about not getting involved in expensive (dollars and lives) unwinnable situations.  Don't get me wrong, we had to go get Bin Laden.  But then we should have just left and let the Taliban and then Northern Alliance fight it out the way they were already doing.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think not meeting with Putin makes him look weak. Afraid to confront Putin
And if he did meet with him then they were colluding.  :rolleyes:

Generally cancelling a meeting like this in political parlance is expressing displeasure at what the other party has done.  Seems par for the course for him to cancel over that aggression.

Dickies said:
Likes to bully people when they have no platform to fight back, but when it comes to confronting people like Putin and KJU he cowers.  Real alpha :rolleyes:
Not just cowers, he falls in love. He is an exceptionally ####ed up human being.

Sounds like it might be go time...

Conflict News‏ @Conflicts

FollowingFollowing @Conflicts

More

UKRAINE: "War will continue" as long as Ukraine government in power, Putin says - @afp

3:31 PM - 1 Dec 2018
I’ve been following this war since it started and one observation is that Putin never used to acknowledge there *was a war. They never used to admit RU troops were there. Now they do. They never used to admit there was an occupation, now they do. They never used to admit there was a move to annex Crimea, Donetsk & Luhansk, now they do. And they never used to admit there was a RU/UA war, now they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't really answer - it would be a progression of moves by the US and our allies and/or the spineless UN depending on how severe the conflict

Natasha Bertrand

@NatashaBertrand

BREAKING: Trump has asked his national security team to review funding for Ukraine, to ensure the money is being used “in the best interests” of the US. The funding has been put on hold. News comes days after Trump advocated for reinstating Russia to G7.

United States of Russia has a nice ring to it... :whistle:

Natasha Bertrand

@NatashaBertrand

BREAKING: Trump has asked his national security team to review funding for Ukraine, to ensure the money is being used “in the best interests” of the US. The funding has been put on hold. News comes days after Trump advocated for reinstating Russia to G7.

United States of Russia has a nice ring to it... :whistle:
This is actually more likely part of our government trying to squeeze Ukraine into manufacturing dirt on Biden. Sick sad day among many in the last 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread