What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Robert Foster, WR, BUF (1 Viewer)

Bronco Billy

Footballguy
I didn’t see a thread on this guy, so...

6’-2” 196 lbs rookie UDFA, 4.4 40, very plus athlete who was a former 5 star recruit whose production was awful last year at ‘Bama.

The profile on him is that he’s much more an athlete than a football player, but that his physical attributes are outstanding.  

So why the thread?  Well, he’s suddenly jumped onto the scene as the current WR21 in ppr leagues in ppg over the last 3 weeks.  This guy is most probably sitting on your WW and right now is posting some solid numbers as a favored target for Allen.  If he is learning how to play the position and be a football player - and he’s a rookie right now - you just might be able to land an impact FF WR for nothing, or next to it, depending on your league’s waiver rules.

I was very high in him on camp.  His deep routes typically were poor where he'd be forced far outside and run himself out of bounds not giving his QB much room to work with.  What I noticed over the last few weeks is they are moving him around and his 75 yard TD they ran him deep to the middle of the field where Allen could chuck it and he could go get it.  I like the kid a lot and hope it continues.  He's been good at run blocking as well.

He has long term WR2 upside in dynasty leagues and right now flashes some WR3/Flex end of year upside.  Benjamin's snaps are trending down.  Zay Jones gets all the snaps and right now McKenzie and Foster have been on the field a lot more because their speed.

The Bills lack speed and since both have been on the roster/activated the offense hasn't been as embarrassing.

After the cuts a few days ago, Bills website has him listed as a starter. Hoping they can get him some work on short/medium routes, show off some value outside of just being the home run guy.

After the cuts a few days ago, Bills website has him listed as a starter. Hoping they can get him some work on short/medium routes, show off some value outside of just being the home run guy.
They likely will because McKenzie keeps fumbling.  The passing route goes like this.

Zay Jones

Josh Allen run.

Josh Allen run

Foster

Charley Clay drops.

McCoy loss on a screen

Logan Thomas four yard completion

Started in my lineup today as a playoff gamble.  :moneybag:   :moneybag:   :moneybag:

3 of his last 4 games: 94, 104, 105 yards. This one with a substantial (starting) workload. No deep bombs today, just some crisp intermediate and sideline routes he ran. Starting to think this guy could hold a job into next season.

Darn...grabbed him earlier this year on a team that I’m rebuilding, he didn’t do anything and at one point I’m pretty sure he got cut for a week or something which then had me drop him for some other waiver guy. Yeah didn’t get him back.

Started in my lineup today as a playoff gamble.  :moneybag:   :moneybag:   :moneybag:

3 of his last 4 games: 94, 104, 105 yards. This one with a substantial (starting) workload. No deep bombs today, just some crisp intermediate and sideline routes he ran. Starting to think this guy could hold a job into next season.
Traded for him in a league I'm rebuilding. I'm still not sold but he's shown plenty of promise. 

He should have a job next year, the bills have a lot of needs. 

How many more 100-yard games this dude need before he can geta headshot on Yahoo?
Still getting almost no love from fantasy "experts" as well.

He's developing nice chemistry with Allen and is not just a deep guy. He's showing the ability to run a full route tree, double moves, etc. A guy to definitely keep an eye on (or emergency fantasy pickup/start like he was for me today)

I"ll be stunned if he isn't prominently featured on ESPN's "Fantasy Football Now" on Sunday.     They've been on the Josh Allen Bandwagon for quite some time.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngxXSiAtmbA

Week 15 targets/catches.  Catching some shorter/intermediate stuff.  Crazy finish to this year.  Looks like Allen's #1 going forward.  Will be interesting to see if they go after a WR in the draft/Free agency this year.  If they don't have a lot of changes, he's intriguing next year.  

Does anyone have the gumption to start him in your super bowl? Over decent options? 

I'm strongly considering starting him along with Tyler lockett over golden Tate, Roby Anderson, and Mike Williams. 

Seems like a good upside play. But maybe he's even a safer play than most of the similar guys? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngxXSiAtmbA

Week 15 targets/catches.  Catching some shorter/intermediate stuff.  Crazy finish to this year.  Looks like Allen's #1 going forward.  Will be interesting to see if they go after a WR in the draft/Free agency this year.  If they don't have a lot of changes, he's intriguing next year.  
WR is going to be a priority for the Bills in the offseason (along with the offensive line).  Even if Foster is legit, they still need receivers badly.

Edit: Really, every offensive position besides QB is an area of need for this team.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have the gumption to start him in your super bowl? Over decent options? 

I'm strongly considering starting him along with Tyler lockett over golden Tate, Roby Anderson, and Mike Williams. 

Seems like a good upside play. But maybe he's even a safer play than most of the similar guys? 
My number two is Pettis going up against the Bears so... This guy is not a bad option at all. 

-OZ- said:

With Boyd most likely out I'm going to pick him up. The at New England matchup gives me some concern about playing him though.

-OZ- said:

I am seriously considering starting him at Flex but I like Robby Anderson better this week among the guys you listed.

With Boyd most likely out I'm going to pick him up. The at New England matchup gives me some concern about playing him though.
Seems like the big play guys have better success than possession types.  I think we can hope for some garbage time stats.

I am seriously considering starting him at Flex but I like Robby Anderson better this week among the guys you listed.
Depending on how waivers go I'll probably do the same...

but I'm not gonna lie, the underdog in me really wants to go for the glory and roll out the Josh Allen+Foster stack.

Just wish they weren't playing in New England this week.

At least 94 yards receiving in 4 of last 5 games.

Good enough for a #46 PPR ranking this week on fantasy pros.

No respect given to any Bills right now from the fantasy community.

Ended up with Robby Anderson from waivers but just picked up Foster anyway.

It amazes me how long “experts” will hang on to some guys they deem early on to be destined to greatness yet fail to produce, but then some guy out of nowhere starts posting strong production and yet they just continue to ignore those guys.

Sure, he could be a flash in the pan, but how do you simply dismiss his recent production with barely any thought - especially when you look at his physical tools?  It just might be that ‘Bama missed by not developing this guy correctly and now he’s getting the training (and QB trust) he needs.

-OZ- said:
Does anyone have the gumption to start him in your super bowl?  
I'm definitely starting him at my flex position.   Starting Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams as my #1 and #2 WRs.  

It amazes me how long “experts” will hang on to some guys they deem early on to be destined to greatness yet fail to produce, but then some guy out of nowhere starts posting strong production and yet they just continue to ignore those guys.

Sure, he could be a flash in the pan, but how do you simply dismiss his recent production with barely any thought - especially when you look at his physical tools?  It just might be that ‘Bama missed by not developing this guy correctly and now he’s getting the training (and QB trust) he needs.
That's unpossible. 

In all honesty, other than Ridley, the Tide didn't develop any receivers last year, and underutilized OJ Howard as a receiver the year prior.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's unpossible. 

In all honesty, other than Ridley, the Tide didn't develop any receivers last year, and underutilized OJ Howard as a receiver the year prior.

Yeah, given how they physically overmatch teams on a player-by-player basis, maybe player development is overlooked or is a weak spot with their staff.

Welp, with Boyd questionable earlier I scooped up Robby Anderson. Now JuJu has the groin injury so out of the 10 possible choices I went Foster. Hey, besides the team, what's not to like? He's a deep threat.

Will Allen have enough time to allow him to take some deep shots? I haven’t paid much attention to the Pats this year, not sure what their pass rush is like.

Well it’s only the semifinal this week but yeah, I’m starting him over Keenan Allen.  Even if Allen plays I don’t think he produces much with the injury.  Plus it’s a non ppr league.  

Also, loved him in Jackie Brown, so that’s a plus

Pregame primer: 5 things to watch when Bills visit Patriots

Excerpt:

3. Can Robert Foster keep it going? The undrafted rookie has been one of the best receivers in the NFL since Week 10, when he was called up from the practice squad. In five games, he had 438 receiving yards. Foster has brought a big-play element to the Buffalo offense, with eight catches of 25 or more yards, second most in the NFL over that span. His 24.6 yards per catch would lead the NFL if he had enough receptions to qualify. It will be interesting to see if Patriots coach Bill Belichick puts old friend Stephon Gilmore on Foster.

Is this guy a trend or a mirage? (Stashed him in dynasty and out of the playoffs) 

There’s no way to know right now.  But he’s got premium measureables and his skill set seems to match his QB well.  He also seems to have his QB’s trust.  There is enough there to hold on and see how it develops moving into next year.

Found this blurb here from here. Good article with a bunch of nice statistical tidbits. The most impressive of which, which also make me think I'll confidently be hanging onto this guy in dyno:

He was the only NFL rookie with three 100-yard receiving games in 2018, putting him in a group with JuJu Smith-Schuster (3 in 2017), Michael Thomas (3 in 2016) and Amari Cooper (5 in 2015) as the only NFL players since 2015 to record three 100-yard games in their rookie season.

That's some incredible company right there. If he turns out to be even half the players any of them are, you got yourself a top-end WR3.

Another fun fact that puts him in good company...

His Rivals recruiting ranking is right after Alvin Kamara and right before Joey Bosa.  He was a top 50 high school recruit, so I think his talent level is probably a lot higher than his draft capital.

I'm thinking of selling, but I still think he might be good.  What is he worth, late 2nd early 3rd?

Another fun fact that puts him in good company...

His Rivals recruiting ranking is right after Alvin Kamara and right before Joey Bosa.  He was a top 50 high school recruit, so I think his talent level is probably a lot higher than his draft capital.

I'm thinking of selling, but I still think he might be good.  What is he worth, late 2nd early 3rd?
I doubt you'll see a high valuation for him by others until we know where the WR group stands after the draft. It's a good sign that they've already brought in some well-known but not quite #1 names. Could be putting their faith in him as the guy, but I'd wait until the draft to be sure.

In the meantime if you're really looking to trade him, as a fellow dynasty owner (I'm looking to keep him) I'd probably jump on a 2nd round offer.

Ben & Jerry's said:
I am currently drafting in 2 startups. I got him @ 28.09 in one and he is still on the board in the 27th of the other. 
Wow, he went in the 14th and 15th of my recent 2 copy superflex league startup.  Right around the time late 2nd round picks were going off the board. 

This was before they signed John Brown I suppose... 

Wow, he went in the 14th and 15th of my recent 2 copy superflex league startup.  Right around the time late 2nd round picks were going off the board. 

This was before they signed John Brown I suppose... 
To try to clear roster space I have had him on the block in several dynasty leagues asking for a 2020 pick and have yet to get an offer. Tried to get a 2019 3rd in a couple leagues and was turned down flat with no counter.

Users who are viewing this thread