What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Song Draft - Post Round 19/20 Picks any time today. (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
My plan is to have this thread as the kind of reminder thread for albums before the annual album poll, so with that in mind, if people want to pick 5 songs or 3 songs or 15 songs or whatever, they can jump in and depart at any time, there's no winner or loser in the draft. If you are going to do this, please try and stick to the schedule - you can make up missed picks but don't post 20 songs at once or something.

Also, with that in mind, I want to keep the thread somewhat active this week and next and then at the end of next week I'll start the official 2018 album poll voting etc... thread.

Google Doc - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k6lhSvPYMJP-xOCLl1h630LbHcepgqUG8EGLy7nCa14/edit#gid=0

Spotify Playlist - https://open.spotify.com/user/mattcampbell9/playlist/15451gXWgHJIVmC0TQLT2V?si=Wxy2LCKARkCl2qRs47Olow

Link to Mid-Year Drafthttps://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/763325-2018-mid-year-song-draft-round-9-this-am-round-10all-owed-picks-this-afternoon/

Song Eligibility

Any song released in 2018. Can also include songs released on 2017 albums that peaked (in terms of music charts or public consciousness) in 2018. Can also include live songs recorded and released in 2018.

Draft Pick Schedule

• Monday December 3 - Round 1 Picks in the afternoon.
  • Tuesday December 4 - Round 2 AM, Round 3 PM
  • Wednesday December 5 - Round 4 AM, Round 5 PM
  • Thursday December 6 - Round 6 AM, Round 7 PM
  • Friday December 7 - Round 8 Anytime
  • Saturday December 8 - Round 9 Anytime
  • Sunday December 9 - Round 10 Anytime <----- Natural drop off point for people who only want to pick 10 songs
  • Monday December 10 - Round 11 AM, Round 12 PM
  • Tuesday December 11 - Round 13 AM, Round 14 PM
  • Wednesday December 12 - Round 15 AM, Round 16 PM
  • Thursday December 13 - Round 17 AM, Round 18 PM
  • Friday December 14 - Round 19 AM, Round 20 PM  <------- End of draft, at least 3 weeks before album poll countdown
Participants

• Northern Voice
  • El Floppo
  • Eephus
  • The Dreaded Marco
  • Ilov80s
  • Jaysus
  • D_House
  • Long Ball Larry
  • dal_boys_phan
  • mphtrilogy
  • JZilla

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for a quickie. 10 rounds or so should be enough for me to draft the entire Jeff Rosenstock album.

i guess i can do it.  i can at least post my favorites.  no idea where anything should rank relative to the rest of the year.  i listen to all kinds of different stuff on spotify most of the day at work, but don't pay near enough attention.

i guess i can do it.  i can at least post my favorites.  no idea where anything should rank relative to the rest of the year.  i listen to all kinds of different stuff on spotify most of the day at work, but don't pay near enough attention.
that's all we're doing here.... this isn't a "draft the objective winning song that the media thinks is the best song" draft. if you check the midyear one we did- ended up with a really nice playlist of stuff in and out of wheelhouses.

or maybe I'm doing this wrong. 

Year End Song Draft. 

I think we'll do two timed picks per day, 1 AM, 1 PM, starting on Monday.  Refresher for year end album poll and spreading the love for the best songs of the year. 

Did we do a draft for 2018 earlier in the year? 

I thought so but I couldn't find a playlist on Spotify for it. I almost always save the songs I drafted/considered drafting. So those songs still fair game and we can draft anything from any time in 2018?

I thought so but I couldn't find a playlist on Spotify for it. I almost always save the songs I drafted/considered drafting. So those songs still fair game and we can draft anything from any time in 2018?
:confused:  I don't think you're saying you still can't find the playlist? (it's in the first post).

I assume any song is fair game. I also assume there will be people who have a code about redrafting songs. code red. 

that's all we're doing here.... this isn't a "draft the objective winning song that the media thinks is the best song" draft. if you check the midyear one we did- ended up with a really nice playlist of stuff in and out of wheelhouses.

well what about all the time i've spent determining baselines and creating my vdb spreadsheet?  what of that?  my round 7 pick has huge surplus value.

Yeah this is just best songs of the year we liked and/or songs from albums we really loved this year to draw attention to the album. 

Final goal is hearing new songs, prompting us to checkout some full albums, and make an awesome playlist. 

I assume any song is fair game. I also assume there will be people who have a code about redrafting songs. code red. 
I was wondering about this too.

Is any song from a 2018 album still eligible, or just songs from the 2nd half? Or just songs not previously drafted? 

I was wondering about this too.

Is any song from a 2018 album still eligible, or just songs from the 2nd half? Or just songs not previously drafted? 

Eephus said:
Police thyself
Yeah, any song is eligible, not everyone took part in the mid year one, so a new person may really love something that was already picked and want to highlight or may also discover a new one through this draft.

how many rounds?  62?
My plan is to have this thread as the kind of reminder thread for albums before the annual album poll, so with that in mind, if people want to pick 5 songs or 3 songs or 15 songs or whatever, they can jump in and depart at any time, there's no winner or loser in the draft. 

Also, with that in mind, I want to keep the thread somewhat active this week and next and then at the end of next week I'll start the official 2018 album poll voting etc... thread.

With that in mind, I'm going to go with this schedule:

Monday December 3 - Round 1 Picks in the afternoon.

Tuesday December 4 - Round 2 AM, Round 3 PM

Wednesday December 5 - Round 4 AM, Round 5 PM

Thursday December 6 - Round 6 AM, Round 7 PM

Friday December 7 - Round 8 Anytime

Saturday December 8 - Round 9 Anytime

Sunday December 9 - Round 10 Anytime <----- Natural drop off point for people who only want to pick 10 songs

Monday December 10 - Round 11 AM, Round 12 PM

Tuesday December 11 - Round 13 AM, Round 14 PM

Wednesday December 12 - Round 15 AM, Round 16 PM

Thursday December 13 - Round 17 AM, Round 18 PM

Friday December 14 - Round 19 AM, Round 20 PM  <------- End of draft, at least 3 weeks before album poll countdown

This band is LOUD live. I saw them open for Spoon last year. I really liked them but my wife, who likes Spoon a lot, thought it was "a lot of noise".
I got tix for them in March, we'll have to see if they pass the Mascis test, aka make me buy earplugs from the bar

Okay, I'm going to create a new tab for the draft in the same sheet as the mid year draft, so if you want to see if a song was drafted mid-year, you can just click over to that tab. I've locked the old one so no one can edit it to prevent screw ups. 

Doing this also gave me an idea ...

Users who are viewing this thread