What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking - Kareem Hunt RELEASED and unclaimed (1 Viewer)

Michael Vick served jail time and had to y Dungey backing his rehabilitation.  That was huge 
I don't think the ordinary fan or citizen gives a hoot about the Dungey support.   My point was that there is a precedent for guys coming back from a lot worse.   

Umm, because he says "at times" and it's a simple response.  I'm not paid to issue a judgment here. That's already been done by the NFL. I'm just discussing like the rest of you guys are....theorizing...and I don't play ff anymore so I have no whining to bias into it because of my ff team.  I'm seeing it for what it is. Domestic violence. 
But you haven't watched the video. 

Michael Vick served jail time and had to y Dungey backing his rehabilitation.  That was huge 
Theres speculation that Rodger Goodell also forced some NFL team to sign him. Eagles took it given what Happen to Andy with his own sons in recent yrs. He changed his philosophy on troubled players as well then too. 

I read the NFL has known about this since February so I'm thinking I don't care if they are right or wrong to take the stance only after the video is leaked despite knowing already but I wish they would be consistent in their shoot first and ask questions later m.o.  Doing it this way just makes the NFL look like they only take the hard line position IF it is bad publicimagery and that does nothing to make them look as if they really truly care about domestic violence.  
Much like society now, pics or didn't happen. That's how our moral outrage operates. If we as a society didn't see anything, then we're not happy but it's "ok." The minute that video goes out, it's over.

Umm, because he says "at times" and it's a simple response.  I'm not paid to issue a judgment here. That's already been done by the NFL. I'm just discussing like the rest of you guys are....theorizing...and I don't play ff anymore so I have no whining to bias into it because of my ff team.  I'm seeing it for what it is. Domestic violence. 
Domestic would refer they are in a relationship which they aren't. It's assault. I'm no lawyer so I don't know the correct term for which assault but it wasn't domestic. 

But you haven't watched the video. 
I didn't see the titanic get hit by an iceberg but I know it sank.. Point being, I don't need the ingredients to be ab,e to smell what's cooking.  My only comments are the actions seem to support how people are speaking of it.  

I didn't see the titanic get hit by an iceberg but I know it sank.. Point being, I don't need the ingredients to be ab,e to smell what's cooking.  My only comments are the actions seem to support how people are speaking of it.  
Got it, so you are basing your opinions are what other people are saying. Instead of watching the video to form your own opinion. 

Domestic would refer they are in a relationship which they aren't. It's assault. I'm no lawyer so I don't know the correct term for which assault but it wasn't domestic. 
I don't want to get bogged down in the minutia of mining words.  I guess I said do estic because people posted the link in this thread referring to the new zero tolerance policy of the NFL regarding domestic violence but technically, yeah, you're right.

Hunt violently assaulted this woman?  What freaking video are you watching?  He barely touched her.  He tripped on some guy that knocked into her, and barely touched her with his foot.  He didn't even put 1 scrape on her.  There was literally nothing for the police to prosecute.  Violently assaulting her...seriously open your eyes.
He violently assaulted her. Did you see him kick while she was on the ground ? 

Come on man. there is a reason why he's gone.

No NFL team should or will support a coward who chooses to kick a woman on the ground. 

Unfortunately for Hunt, the whole thing is on video for all to see.

FIrst, what Hunt did, while completely inappropriate and irresponsible, wasn't NEARLY as violent as what Ray Rice did. Rice knocked a woman unconscious with a right hook and carried her unconscious body out of an elevator. There's no comparison between them aside from both men laying their hands (or foot) on a woman when they shouldn't have. Of course, if HUnt hadn't been restrained, he could've done some real damage there.

That said, it doesn't matter what she said or what she did, there's no justification for his reaction. None. Not only is he a public figure, he's twice as big as her and he had to know those actions are going to get out. He lost his cool and he's going to pay a steep price for it. He deserves to pay a steep price. He was a ####### idiot.

Second, with there being a video, that will be attached to him forever. If any team signs him again, it'll played repeatedly in that city and that team will have to live with a huge distraction and scrutiny on how they can sign a guy who can do that to a woman. That's going to rule out a lot of teams from even considering him.

And third, I'm not sure if Hunt will get another shot, but I won't be surprised if he does. It'll only take one owner. If he was past his prime probably not, but if he says and does the right things to try and clean up his image, I can definitely see a team feeling like his talent is worth the headache. Doubtful that happens until 2020 at the earliest though.

Got it, so you are basing your opinions are what other people are saying. Instead of watching the video to form your own opinion. 
My opinion, like yours, doesn't matter in the sense that you and I and everyone else on this board isn't going to post anythingor decide anything that is going to change a thing.  I get it.  It's cool if anyone and everyone has an opinion and they can certainly post it but you're really just trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill here in splitting hairs over the irrelevant. The discussion should be in the outcome, not how each of us thinks about a fringe thought of one aspect.  

We can all talk or not talk until the cows come home. It doesn't matter. All these posts le ding people's personal degree of "How bad was it" means nothing.  When we wake up in the morning, hunt is still waived and on the exempt list and there are big football impacts and personal ones.  That's what I'd like to discuss if we could, instead of challe going everyone's level of thinking or way of having an opinion. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion, like yours, doesn't matter in the sense that you and I and everyone else on this board isn't going to post anythingor decide anything that is going to change a thing.  I get it.  It's cool if anyone and everyone has an opinion and they can certainly post it but you're really just trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill here in splitting hairs over the irrelevant. The discussion should be in the outcome, not how each of us thinks about a fringe thought of one aspect.  

We can all talk or not talk.  It doesn't matter.  When we wake up in the morning, hunt is still waived and on the exempt list and there are big football impacts and personal ones.  That's what I'd like to discuss if we could, instead of challe going everyone's level of thinking or way of having an opinion. 
Bottom line is you are forming an opinion on a topic in which you have not even viewed the primary evidence that is being discussed.

Bottom line is you are forming an opinion on a topic in which you have not even viewed the primary evidence that is being discussed.
Lord, give it a rest.  First of all, i said "if" that was the case, then it may come off as worse.  That's just a statement.. A thought.  A side note to the real story 

Second, of all the opinions by several people here, that sentence shouldn't have you so butt hurt over it.  People are posting left and right that it's worse, it's not, it's being compared to kaep and rice, etc,etc.  That's a lot different than me just simply telling one person (and not you BTW) that I found their choice of words interesting by making it sound like it wasn't a simple isolated one instance. 

Lord, give it a rest.  First of all, i said "if" that was the case, then it may come off as worse.  That's just a statement.. A thought.  A side note to the real story 

Second, of all the opinions by several people here, that sentence shouldn't have you so butt hurt over it.  People are posting left and right that it's worse, it's not, it's being compared to kaep and rice, etc,etc.  That's a lot different than me just simply telling one person (and not you BTW) that I found their choice of words interesting by making it sound like it wasn't a simple isolated one instance. 
It would make sense to view the main source of the topic before taking a stance on the issue. 

That's what I was wondering. Believe me, not trying to justify what he did in any way. In fact first I heard about Tyreek Jill. I don't follow as much as I used to. Rely on Draft Dominator and 5 Second Primer. 

However Hunt is still ranked 3 in RBs on 5SP.  I'm with you @Casting Couchbut at the same time dropping Hunt who then could be picked up by another team and cost me a championship is a real moral dilemma.

Again, horrible what he did.  :(
I will hold onto Hunt in my dynasty leagues for a while, but I believe it will be a wasted space.

The video will probably cost him his career,  and I cant say that I disagree with the verdict if it goes that way.

Should be zero tolerance for this type of behavior in any profession. 

It would make sense to view the main source of the topic before taking a stance on the issue. 
It would make sense for you to respond to the real opinions being posted (will he play again? If so, when? Impacts on ff. Impacts on real life people.  Was this instance as bad as that one.  What's up with the new nfl policy)...all those things, instead of latching on to me telling another poster very simply that their choice of words makes it sound like the perception is this and if so that is interesting and might carry weight.   

You are seriously mispacing your energy here.  You're reporting a sale at Macy's while the camera behind you is capturing an assassination.  You're going to wake up in the morning and he's still out and the thread is still going to want to be talking about all the things I mentioned and not what one guy thought about another guy saying "several times" and what that may or may not have meant.

Eh, running backs are now icing on the cake.  Very few are actual difference makes who can elevate an average team into the playoffs, and Kareem Hunt is not one of those running backs. 
That was my thought.  Running back and video evidence of domestic violence while in the nfl.  Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he was done for good.  

That was my thought.  Running back and video evidence of domestic violence while in the nfl.  Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he was done for good.  
Not really "domestic" violence.  I realize any violence with women involved gets the same reaction but a domestic situation, often systemic, is a different animal.

I don’t think there is anything to say in regards to the outcome Hunt got, it was deserved. That being said: Reggie Bush, Larry Johnson, Dez Bryant and Martellus Bennett white knighting around Twitter is exactly the #### that drives me crazy about America today. Because none of those four have been forgiven for their past indiscretions whether they be far smaller than Hunts or not.

John Clayton

@JohnClaytonNFL 8:45pm

The Kareem Hunt release is different than Reuben Foster in the sense the video should prevent any team from claiming him on waivers.

A year out of the league with a lot of BS anger management classes and he'll make his way back in the league. He is just too talented for teams to not sign him eventually. For now though he is toxic waste.

A year out of the league with a lot of BS anger management classes and he'll make his way back in the league. He is just too talented for teams to not sign him eventually. For now though he is toxic waste.
I agree. He'll have to do "all the right things" -- show remorse, show maturity, give back to the community, etc. Do all those things and he'll be back in a year.

A year.

Second, with there being a video, that will be attached to him forever. If any team signs him again, it'll played repeatedly in that city and that team will have to live with a huge distraction and scrutiny on how they can sign a guy who can do that to a woman. That's going to rule out a lot of teams from even considering him.
I remember people saying the exact same thing about Mixon. Let me direct you to the Bengals pro shop.

Top Women's Jerseys Sorted by Popularity

Mixon is the second most popular women's player jersey behind AJ Green.

Kareem Hunt will not only be on a team in 2019  but I'd put it at even money that he is claimed off waivers. Rice would still be in the NFL too if he had been 23 instead of knocking on the door of 30.

I remember people saying the exact same thing about Mixon. Let me direct you to the Bengals pro shop.

Kareem Hunt will not only be on a team in 2019  but I'd put it at even money that he is claimed off waivers. Rice would still be in the NFL too if he had been 23 instead of knocking on the door of 30.
Hunt will serve his suspension and be back at the end of 2019.   

Given that he is on the Commissioners exempt list I'd have to say the GM that picks him up in the next 48 hours has to have some mighty cojones. As for the rest, I hesitate to speculate

Ray Rice is only 31 today. He just turned 27 when that incident happened.

There's was more to that than just his age.

First, regarding the video, it looked like a lot of really drunk people arguing about stupid ####.   I mean, many of the folks in that video could barely walk straight or stand up.

Second, this is on Hunt for lying to his team.  Dude should have just told the truth.  If he tells the truth to his bosses, IMO he's still on the roster.

However you want to put it. But if Hunt truly hurt this lady, the police would have arrested him for assault on the spot. They saw the video. If Hunt pulled a Mixon and actually hit someone, he would have been arrested and the DA would have made the decision to prosecute without caring what the conflicting circumstances were. But the fact is that Hunt didn’t really do anything. He flick his foot at the end and knocked over a 110lb drunk girl about 6 inches. 
WTF? Are you daft or just plain loco? As to the fact that no charges were filed it is because neither party wanted to press charges and the police had a he said/she said situation and couldn't prove who started it. Saying he didn't do anything is just crazy. Clearly he was out of control and he did go after the girl and it was more than just flicking his foot at a 110 pound girl. It doesn't matter who started it, what matters is that he lied to the team and probably the NFL also. Now they see what he did and he is going to suffer the consequences for his behavior. 

Ray Rice is only 31 today. He just turned 27 when that incident happened.

There's was more to that than just his age.
He was coming off a 600/3ypc season. If his incident happened after his second-year 1300/ypc season, you honestly don't think he would be on a team right now? I agree it was/is a complex situation, but age/production were definitely a factor in if he was worth the initial PR headache for a team to sign.

But we can just wait for Bovada or Bodawg or whatever it is called now to release their "WIll Kareem Hunt by signed by another NFL team?" prop bet. My guess -300 YES and +180 NO. 

Given that he is on the Commissioners exempt list I'd have to say the GM that picks him up in the next 48 hours has to have some mighty cojones. As for the rest, I hesitate to speculate
Honestly, it's cliche to say, but Gruden/Raiders seem like a team/coach that can take the PR hit. Lost season. Moving to Vegas, so apathetic fans. Bad boy image. Hurt a division rival. Coach/GM doesn't have to worry about image/job security. Offense desperate for a RB.

He was coming off a 600/3ypc season. If his incident happened after his second-year 1300/ypc season, you honestly don't think he would be on a team right now? I agree it was/is a complex situation, but age/production were definitely a factor in if he was worth the initial PR headache for a team to sign.

But we can just wait for Bovada or Bodawg or whatever it is called now to release their "WIll Kareem Hunt by signed by another NFL team?" prop bet. My guess -300 YES and +180 NO. 
That's what I was saying. It wasn't his age. A big part was his recent ineffectiveness. Combine that with the optics of the video and that's why I think he never came back. If he was younger but the above remained the same, I don't think the result changes.  If he was 27 and coming off a 1300 yard season, I think things might be different. Hence I think age had very little to do with his not returning.

AP was older when his trouble started but he was still effective. And the visual evidence wasn't as gruesome. He's still in the league in his 30s.

I don’t have Hunt on any team. I’m in 7 leagues and own him in 0.  I’m more upset about the NFL handles situations like this to CYA themselves. 

And Hunt never pushed the girl. Maybe you don’t know what Hunt looks like, or only seeing the media version of the story, but Hunt never pushed the girl. He tried to kick her at the end, got 0 power behind it and barely touched her, doing no harm.
this is accurate, as is your other posts regarding the law, but people will see what they want to see. They want to take this internet hero position and proclaim him to be the worst person alive. it's what people/millenials do these days. 

When I told my wife about this story and showed her the video (she is an attorney) she actually thought the girl was more criminally at fault than Hunt. 

In cases where there is mutual assault (by the letter of the law), the person who delivered the most damage is usually charged (my wife has had several cases like that). This case had video evidence and the police still did not charge anyone. that speaks to the severity of the strikes delivered by both parties. one could say Hunt kicks like a girl I guess? 

I don’t have Hunt on any team. I’m in 7 leagues and own him in 0.  I’m more upset about the NFL handles situations like this to CYA themselves. 

And Hunt never pushed the girl. Maybe you don’t know what Hunt looks like, or only seeing the media version of the story, but Hunt never pushed the girl. He tried to kick her at the end, got 0 power behind it and barely touched her, doing no harm.
The hotel policy was only give video to the police, the police in Cleveland never gave the video to the NFL. The victim and witness statements to the police were totally different so no one was charged. The police closed the investigation but the NFL did not. Hunt lied about what really happened. This is the first release of the video to the public. I have to say the NFL did nothing wrong here.

Take a swing or kick at my wife or daughter 0 power behind it or not you’ll be dealing with me. Anyone who thinks he did nothing wrong is just worried about their team be it the Chiefs or fantasy and that my friend is wrong.

I'm not claiming he won't sign with another team than the Chiefs ever. I'm stating that I doubt someone with claim him off waivers as you posited in the post I quoted.

but I'd put it at even money that he is claimed off waivers.

The hotel policy was only give video to the police, the police in Cleveland never gave the video to the NFL. The victim and witness statements to the police were totally different so no one was charged. The police closed the investigation but the NFL did not. Hunt lied about what really happened. This is the first release of the video to the public. I have to say the NFL did nothing wrong here.

Take a swing or kick at my wife or daughter 0 power behind it or not you’ll be dealing with me. Anyone who thinks he did nothing wrong is just worried about their team be it the Chiefs or fantasy and that my friend is wrong.
I don't think anyone is arguing Hunt did nothing wrong. I think there's just some concern about the punishment fitting the crime and the inconsistency of punishment that comes out of the NFL. Granted so far it's just been a punishment by the team and not the league.

I'm not claiming he won't sign with another team than the Chiefs ever. I'm stating that I doubt someone with claim him off waivers as you posited in the post I quoted.
I'm not sure when waivers run over weekend. But if there is a full 48 hour cycle and they run on Monday so everyone can let the initial shock wear off and digest the situation, I think there is a fair chance he is claimed. Especially on rookie deal. 

Like I stated in previous post, Raiders are no brainer. 

Honestly, it's cliche to say, but Gruden/Raiders seem like a team/coach that can take the PR hit. Lost season. Moving to Vegas, so apathetic fans. Bad boy image. Hurt a division rival. Coach/GM doesn't have to worry about image/job security. Offense desperate for a RB.
If I were to set odds, raiders would be at the top of the list.

I'm not sure when waivers run over weekend. But if there is a full 48 hour cycle and they run on Monday so everyone can let the initial shock wear off and digest the situation, I think there is a fair chance he is claimed. Especially on rookie deal. 

well. Soon we'll know you were wrong 😛 

I think that's actually the best chance he has.  The team can just ask Roger to keep him there until the matter is finally resolved.  They get a roster exemption so he's not burning a spot they need for a guy on the field, and his salary is minimal as a 3rd round rookie contract.  NFL waivers don't run until Monday so they have 3 days for Trump to do more moronic stuff and take some media attention away from Hunt.  He won't get on the field until next year regardless so the new team won't catch nearly as much heat as if he were still active.  I also think it's 50/50 he's claimed on waivers. 

We'll get a good read on what teams think of his talent.  If he's not someone they think is an elite talent he probably goes unclaimed but I know if this were Le'Veon Bell he'd be claimed by multiple teams so we'll see on Monday.

If I were to set odds, raiders would be at the top of the list.
Raiders have a strong internal disdain for domestic abuse.  Google Fred Biletnikoff' daughter.

So did the Chiefs release him because of the video or because he lied to them about the incident?  If the latter, I could see multiple teams desperately wanting to claim him but won't out of fear of a PR nightmare.  But won't be surprised if a he gets claimed before Christmas.  

The description of the video is worse than the actual footage, imo.   Plenty of blame to share, but never good hit hit anyone, including women.  

Disclaimer:  not a Chiefs fan nor do I play league FF (only daily FF) so no horse in the race.  

Users who are viewing this thread