What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking - Kareem Hunt RELEASED and unclaimed (1 Viewer)

Skins lose QB for remainder of season and possibly end of his career and they don't sign Kap due to blowback they'd get from fans then are the only team to put in a bid on Reuben Foster feeling the blowback was worth it.  

The league has to be clear on where they stand.
This is such a weak copout for CK. He's not in the league because he stinks His own GF made racially charge comments to the Ravens a team who were going to sign him and he did nothing to separate himself from her with any actions or comments saying I don't agree with her or whatever. He also slept with a SF teammate's GF (His current), him kneeling actually saved him for a year as SF was ready to get rid of him. Then he threw a temper tantrum as the Players coalition wouldn't make him President. He then sued the NFL and NFLPA and called the Players Coalition liars which was completely false. Then his little buddy Eric Reid make a jackass out of himself going after the Players Coalition President Pre Game a few weeks ago. He then cheap shots said players franchise QB and post game makes comments that basically can said he called the Player President a slave to league owners. But yeah lets sign Colin Kaepernick that seems like a great idea. This is a guy his last year had the worst Statistical football game for a QB since the AFL/NFL Merger and had more sack yards then Passing yards In said game against a terrible Defense. His last year his good stats came in garbage time. He led the league with fumbles lost, most sacked QB in the league and led the league in Yards lost per sack. I agree the league has double standards but using Kap is a cheap straw men's argument. 

the N word being used is accusation, there is no audio from the video as I understand it ?

and too, the music Hunt likely listens to is likely vulgar N filled rap music that degrades women - but that too is a guess
No one should be using the word and she likely listens to the same music if you want to call it that these days. The women is also white using that language btw. 

Ummm, ok. And?  since she didn't leave when asked she deserved to be shoved and kicked when she was on the ground? As a male species, that's your rule book? Oh well, we asked her nicely once so we can unleash on her physically?
No but consequences happen for your actions. Not saying she deserved her but theres numerous concesquenes to people's actions. Hunt got his for going after her. Again would anyone care if he had hit a guy who was doing this instead? Look no further then Shady McCoy and his boys cheap shot and beating the crap out of off duty Philly Cops. 

Getting kicked out for being underage seems more likely.  Had it been the other story, you would think she would left readily.
But she’s not underage so how does that make any sense?

ETA drinking age got it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, as part of her growth, you’ll make her aware of different ways she could put herself in bad situations and ways to avoid them. Also, eduacate her on the best ways to get out of bad situations if she does happen to get in one. 

Good luck. 
As well as telling her it's a bad idea being under the legal drinking age hanging out with celebrities or bad influences. It's not just about you but what if you have friends involved too who follow you along with it you put them at risk too. I think we can all agree both parties and the NFL and KC should've handle the situation a lot better. 

Not as much evidence?  Are you insane?  There was a clear video of Zeke grabbing and squeezing a chicks boob. What Zeke did was waaaaaaaay worse than what Hunt did. 
Doesn't matter he knew her either. He touched her without consent thats sexual assault. I have a good looking co worker I know and Hangout with sometimes going out for a drink or two on our days off. But I also can't grab her breast or anywhere else without her consent. Just because I know her doesn't give me a right to grab her on her body anyway.

What I don’t get is post Ray Rice the league implemented a 6 game suspension policy for DV. Yet rarely have they given guys not named Zeke 6 games. Some guys got a game, some guys got 10 games, some guys got put on the exempt list and then got suspended on top of it. Other guys had things reduced on appeal. Bottom line, the NFL’s policy and stance on DV is at best wildly inconsistent and more accurately an embarrassment to sports fans. IMO, if you are placed on the exempt list and miss six games, you shouldn’t get a suspension beyond that. If a suspension is merited, then give the league back 6 weeks of pay. Once a player sits 6 weeks, he should be able play. Not sure why the NFLPA has not gone bonkers over this. If guys have to miss more than 6 weeks, paid or unpaid, then they need to dump the DV policy and make something else as consistent and enforceable rules. 
They don't want the PR backlash of they are defending a player who beats women. Wouldn't look good on them. They will come to your aid if they few Rodger as usually is having a power trip and abusing the power. A guy gets less then 6 the NFLPA won't throw a fit. Suspended for longer then what they all agreed to you'll get people in Goodell and leagues ear. 

The whole "6 game policy" was just a publicity thing -- a desperate attempt to convince the public and the media to stop scrutinizing the league. They had no intention of following through on it.

Hunt will get 6 games only because video exists. We know this because the NFL didn't bother to suspend him in February despite doing a full investigation.

Domestic Violence with no video = 0 games

Domestic Violence with video = 6 games
Josh Brown got what 1 or 2 games for beating his pregnant wife? 

No one is justifying Hunt's behavior with the GIrl's. We're simple saying the girl is no angel here either. Plus it doesn't seem right watching the video and seeing a girl her presumed friend just standing there and filming things? I could see if it's a bystander but it looks like she knows the girl. If thats my friend I'm doing everything at the start of that video to calm her down and pull her away from the situation. I'm not gonna start recording and watch her dig herself into a worse situation. This is not excusing Hunt's behavior but it seems like he was baited and he's an idiot for engaging in it. You also have a couple reports saying this girl was dropping the N Bomb. That's just wrong no matter what. Anyone with that type of language out of their mouth probably should stay away from society as a whole. I think "heat of the moment" or "They were drunk" are embarrassing cheap copouts. In those instances you are just revealing your true character to everyone. Anyone using that language is just asking for confrontation of some kind and in some cites that has you being 6 ft under. Both parties are in the wrong. 
Who gives a rat's ### whether the girl is partially to blame? What does that have to do with Hunt's actions?  He screwed up. I have about 1/100the to lose as he did and I would have been smart enough to just go back into the party in mind my business. I sure as hell wouldn't have two handed shoved her and then kicked her when she was on the ground. I guess roughing up women just isn't in my nature.  Hunt obviously has anger management issues and , worse, has no problem physically assaulting 19 year old drunk girls. The fact that people want to somehow act like the girl's behavior is a factor in whether or not I should have left her up boggles my mind. Who cares? The story is about Hunt and his actions. 

I don't get the way several people are saying Rice was "old" or on the back 9, etc.  He was a great RB and was only 27 or something when that happened. Put that into today's context.  Would we say David johnson, LeVeon Bell, Melvin gordon, etc were old and done if they did this next season, knowing what they have done recently?  
In regards to mileage on a running back--he was old.  He had played 6 pretty full seasons (didn't miss many games) for the Ravens and he was falling off of a cliff.  His last season he was averaging 3.1 yards per carry.  He was absolutely on the decline of his career.  

I don't get the way several people are saying Rice was "old" or on the back 9, etc.  He was a great RB and was only 27 or something when that happened. Put that into today's context.  Would we say David johnson, LeVeon Bell, Melvin gordon, etc were old and done if they did this next season, knowing what they have done recently?  
His Yards per carry the last 2 or so yrs had gone drastically down. He was already on a downhill trend. Once you reach 30 in the NFL as an RB you are usually done 

Doesn't matter he knew her either. He touched her without consent thats sexual assault. I have a good looking co worker I know and Hangout with sometimes going out for a drink or two on our days off. But I also can't grab her breast or anywhere else without her consent. Just because I know her doesn't give me a right to grab her on her body anyway.
Zeke slept with her multiple times.  She wasn't some random co-worker.

Do you think her actions should exonerate Hunt in any way?  If not then who cares what she did? 
It matters with the fact how did TMZ get the video. It's why a few of us think she obtained it and was upset no legal action happened to Hunt. Plus in the video you clearly see a friend of hers recording. Why is the friend recording? WOuldn't a great friend try to calm her and say lets get out of here before things get way out of hand? The girl knew exactly what she was doing. She was apparently kicked out of a party for being underage (Drinking wise) and then threw a tantrum while spouting off racial obscenities. Hunt and company should've called security or the cops but they didn't. Hunt is an idiot for going after her. Charges were dropped because there was conflicting stories by Hunt, the Girl and key witnesses. She probably got upset nothing was done plus it looks like one of Hunt's guys at one point grabs the girls phone deleting the video. Hunt is wrong for what he did yes. But the girl here is no angel. She simple could've left the party and went home or somewhere else. If it's true about her shouting racial slurs at them banging on the door I have zero empathy for people like that. Words like that shouldn't come from anyones mouth. 

Who gives a rat's ### whether the girl is partially to blame? What does that have to do with Hunt's actions?  He screwed up. I have about 1/100the to lose as he did and I would have been smart enough to just go back into the party in mind my business. I sure as hell wouldn't have two handed shoved her and then kicked her when she was on the ground. I guess roughing up women just isn't in my nature.  Hunt obviously has anger management issues and , worse, has no problem physically assaulting 19 year old drunk girls. The fact that people want to somehow act like the girl's behavior is a factor in whether or not I should have left her up boggles my mind. Who cares? The story is about Hunt and his actions. 

And yet had that been a drunk guy who aimed that vile epithet as well as the other actions, we probably would be here agreeing that the kid deserved more than what he got on that tape.  I happen to agree with you that Hunt should have used much better discretion and just removed himself, but if women are going to be truly equal to men - that sword needs to cut both ways and the girl has to be held accountable for initiating and escalating the incident, which should mitigate - not excuse, but mitigate - what Hunt did.  Being female does not give one carte blanche for the kinds of acts she committed.

There's no legal status for 'fighting words'. 

Fighting words are, as first defined by the Supreme Court (SCOTUS) in Chaplinsky v New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942), words which "by their very utterance, inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality."
Feiner v. New York (1951)

In Feiner v. People of State of New York, 30 U.S. 315 (1951), the Supreme Court held that akin to the fighting words doctrine, an incitement to riot which creates a clear and present danger is also not protected by the First Amendment.

Texas v. Johnson (1989)

In Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989), the Supreme Court redefined the scope of the fighting words doctrine to mean words that are "a direct personal insult or an invitation to exchange fisticuffs." 

you can call her a lot from the above observances in the video and you can assume truth to what Hunt's crew is saying .... but "entitled" 

I imagine the music in the room being listened to was vulgar rap with racial slurs and derogatory to women language ..  if she used the N word, probably only the 1,000th time that week Hunt hard heard and used it. But words are not excuses to go after a woman physically like Hunt did. The NFL policy is in place for the image of the league and to protect players/organizations and even young women like this in a way I suppose.

should the young woman not have been there at 3:30 am ? sure - probably. Should she have left without a scene? sure.

did she get what she deserved and Hunt's not guilty? no and the NFL isn't innocent either by covering this up for 10 months

but using the word entitled? that actually describes Hunt more .... entitled because he's a stud NFL player, rich, popular and seems to think he can whip up on a woman when he wants to with no repercussions ?

en·ti·tled

/inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/

adjective

adjective: entitled

believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

"his pompous, entitled attitude"
tell that to the person with a terrible mental state who goes home and takes their own life. Words are hurtful no matter what. She felt she should be allowed to stay at the party hence entitled. Not saying her getting hit she deserved it but if you are gonna be an idiot and play stupid games expect to win stupid prizes as well. I said in the other thread she does this in some cities in the US she'd be lucky to be alive. Does she deserve death? No but she's not in the right in this situation her and just seems like she literally baiting him to messing up. I wouldn't be shocked if we hear in a few weeks or months from now the girl is taking him and the league to court for some $$$ either. I hate saying it but theres part of the video I just still have questions with. Like why is the girl who seems to know her recording what's going on? A good friend tries to get their friend away from that situation no? Therefor I think they knew what they were doing. This doesn't excuse Hunt though for any reason. Everyone deserves blame. 

The video I saw didn’t have any sound, did I miss something or is that Hunt’s side of the story?
That's one of the side of the stories in police report. Doesn't say if it was Hunt, someone with Hunt or a witness though. The other story like @DropKick puts out if it was the other story you'd think she'd have left more willingly. 

Because there's a lot of entitlement with people in her generation. It's always blaming others for their own situations and not being accountable for what happens to them as well. At 19 she should've never been at the party and when asked to leave she should've and not acted like a dam fool. That doesn't excuse Kareem Hunt but people are acting like this girl is an angel. 

Anyone else tired of the "under age" argument that is being thrown around as the main reason for this altercation to happen.  How did she get into this party initially?  If Hunt and his posse were so concerned about the female's age, they would have check her ID before they let her enter the party I would think.  Something else had to happened in that party for this altercation to reach the level that it did.   

And yet had that been a drunk guy who aimed that vile epithet as well as the other actions, we probably would be here agreeing that the kid deserved more than what he got on that tape.  I happen to agree with you that Hunt should have used much better discretion and just removed himself, but if women are going to be truly equal to men - that sword needs to cut both ways and the girl has to be held accountable for initiating and escalating the incident, which should mitigate - not excuse, but mitigate - what Hunt did.  Being female does not give one carte blanche for the kinds of acts she committed.
Exactly what I was saying in the other thread. If this was some guy he did this too we'd all say Hunt is an idiot but the punk deserved it. But hey people hate being called out for their double standards on this. 

Feiner v. New York (1951)

In Feiner v. People of State of New York, 30 U.S. 315 (1951), the Supreme Court held that akin to the fighting words doctrine, an incitement to riot which creates a clear and present danger is also not protected by the First Amendment.

Texas v. Johnson (1989)

In Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989), the Supreme Court redefined the scope of the fighting words doctrine to mean words that are "a direct personal insult or an invitation to exchange fisticuffs." 
Right but that isnt the context in question. The fighting words doctrine allows the government to prosecute people who use them, it doesnt give every civilian in the vicinity the right to pound the speaker into the gutter.

Because there's a lot of entitlement with people in her generation. It's always blaming others for their own situations and not being accountable for what happens to them as well. At 19 she should've never been at the party and when asked to leave she should've and not acted like a dam fool. That doesn't excuse Kareem Hunt but people are acting like this girl is an angel. 
I never once said the girl is an angel. In my lifetime, I've encountered dozens of women who are not Angels. Drunk, unruly, obnoxious, etc.  I have never once opted to beat them up or kick them or shove them. Not sure why you're hung up on this chicks behavior. Kareem Hunt obviously doesn't have the morals that the NFL is looking for. It is taking a stance against men who physically abuse women. The fact that you have a problem with that says more about you then it does about the league. 

Anyone else tired of the "under age" argument that is being thrown around as the main reason for this altercation to happen.  How did she get into this party initially?  If Hunt and his posse were so concerned about the female's age, they would have check her ID before they let her enter the party I would think.  Something else had to happened in that party for this altercation to reach the level that it did.   
They could've very well snuck in. Maybe the door guy went to take a leak and forgot to get someone to watch the door or something. Different scenarios could have happened where she got in not detected. Maybe a friend of one of Hunt's people knew a friend of theirs 21 and assumed they were of age too? Again we are talking pro athletes not the brightest bunch. It's also not hard to make a fake ID either especially if you know the right person. Until recently when we changed ID's PA had one of the easiest to make fakes of. 

Right but that isnt the context in question. The fighting words doctrine allows the government to prosecute people who use them, it doesnt give every civilian in the vicinity the right to pound the speaker into the gutter.

You could have read those passages and simply admitted that you were wrong.  They are very clear.  Fighting words clearly do have legal status and a very specific meaning, the initiation of a physical altercation being one of them (hence the term “fighting words”).  But perhaps you’ll read this and decide to triple down instead.

So we all agree it's just the video here that got Hunt banished to the streets for all eternity - which in NFL terms, at his age and talent level - means he'll be back in a uniform shortly.

People forget this stuff pretty quick. Just glancing at the rosters in the league, there are more than a handful of players with issues against women; Joe Mixon, Tyreek Hill, Ben Roethlisberger, Brandon Marshall, Marshawn Lynch, Jameis Winston, others.

Doesn't matter how much any of us are disgusted by this stuff... fact is that talent finds its way back onto the field.

You could have read those passages and simply admitted that you were wrong.  They are very clear.  Fighting words clearly do have legal status and a very specific meaning, the initiation of a physical altercation being one of them (hence the term “fighting words”).  But perhaps you’ll read this and decide to triple down instead.
Friend, show me the decision that provides immunity from prosecution for assault for recipients of fighting words. Ill hang up and wait for my answer.

Who is acting like the girl is an angel?

Who is acting like the girl is an angel?
I'm simple saying no one is bringing up the girls behavior. We're acting like she was some innocent victim here. She played a part. The outcome is unfortunate but she acted like a fool herself. She's lucky she wasn't hurt worse or killed or even arrested if Hunt and company acted how we wanted them too but again we're talking pro athletes. Most likely alcohol was involved with both parties as well and it's a deadly combination 

I never once said the girl is an angel. In my lifetime, I've encountered dozens of women who are not Angels. Drunk, unruly, obnoxious, etc.  I have never once opted to beat them up or kick them or shove them. Not sure why you're hung up on this chicks behavior. Kareem Hunt obviously doesn't have the morals that the NFL is looking for. It is taking a stance against men who physically abuse women. The fact that you have a problem with that says more about you then it does about the league. 
Never said I have a problem with KC releasing him. Just not white knighting them since they employ Tyreke Hill still. The league and KC also screwed up in this situation. Hunt screwed up and deserved what he got especially for lying. However someone can't say wow not sure if it's true or not but if the girl was asked to leave because she was underage (Drinking wise) and then pounded on the door for 30 mins spewing racial slurs she is an idiot too. You then have the supposed friend in the video recording on her phone? That just doesn't seem like the proper action as a friend to leads me to believe she knew what she was doing and hoping Hunt would do something stupid. Unfortunately he did. Charges were dropped because of all the conflicting stories. Like @DropKick said earlier had she refused to hook up with one of the guys with Hunt like a few stories suggested why she was kicked out I doubt shes trying to get back into said party unless she's that stupid. Can't we all agree neither party handled the situation well regardless? 

Then there's the fact if this was a guy acting like she did I think the narrative by some people is unfortunately different and a good job by Hunt or that guy was a punk. Why is it ok to hit a guy but not the girl? Neither is right but unfortunately we got that doubled standard. 

So.....it's the girl's fault that Hunt went after her.   Does that mean the girl also forced Hunt to lie to his team about the incident?
Never said it's the girls fault he hit her but she instigated things. Hunt is an idiot for lying. Probably lied about kicking her part for sure. 

Good point. She could be a hooker for all we know.
As crazy as it sounds that is a good point. She wouldn't want to incriminate herself. SHe'd be the one going to jail the guy paying to hook up with her usually gets a fine of some sort and warning we catch you again its a jail cell your sleeping in. However if she was one I'd think we'd have heard about it already no? 

Absolutely love the excuse that if it was a guy acting the way the girl did, he'd deserve getting his ### kicked.  Guys should use that in the future after beating up their wives. What a brilliant defense. 🤣🤣🤣

Who is making that claim, beside you of course?
🙄

Nobody is.  Including me.

It's no more absurd that folks in here implying that this was all the girl's fault.   It's making an absurd statement to draw out or compare to an equally absurd statement.

But you already know that.

Users who are viewing this thread