What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darrel Williams - Arizona (1 Viewer)

Sure but you gotta believe the Chiefs eventually solve this problem with a top 5 level RB/Superback that can exploit Mahomes talent. That guy is out there or about to be available in the draft, it's the missing ingredient IMO. 
seems like it would be a waste of resources to invest that much when Reid and the chiefs have shown an ability to make all kinds of backs productive.

seems like it would be a waste of resources to invest that much when Reid and the chiefs have shown an ability to make all kinds of backs productive.
Damien never averaged more than 4 ypc in Miami, but Drake and others have. Fast forward to the end of the 2018 season.

I meant that I was curious who said that Thompson would leapfrog Williams. I'd love to read the logic behind that line of thought.
I don't think anyone has said that specifically.

All the Darwin truthers are embarrassed with how wrong they have read this situation and are backpedaling and trying to protect their erroneous shilling of Thompson.

Its like Christine Michael part 2 except that Thompson isn't as athletic and doesn't have the draft pedigree.

Have to choose between Darrel, Chris Thompson, John Brown, or Tyrell Williams for two flexes. Leaning his way, but will see what the early morning reports are on Shady before making a final call.
In a similar situation in terms of DarWill or TyWill. I’m leaning Darrel too. 

I don't think anyone has said that specifically.

All the Darwin truthers are embarrassed with how wrong they have read this situation and are backpedaling and trying to protect their erroneous shilling of Thompson.

Its like Christine Michael part 2 except that Thompson isn't as athletic and doesn't have the draft pedigree.
Did Cmike have Pat Mahomes and Andy Reid driving the ship? No. Maybe that’s the carrot DT truthers are chasing.

Of course.

Makes sense. I just think a poor job of player evaluation.
It's three games. I don't think anyone can evaluate a rookie RB after three games. Especially one that wasn't drafted to start from the start anyways. Darwin is in the same camp as Henderson. Only Henderson has an injured stud in front of him. Darwin has two JAGs.

Black and Gold said:
It's three games. I don't think anyone can evaluate a rookie RB after three games. Especially one that wasn't drafted to start from the start anyways. Darwin is in the same camp as Henderson. Only Henderson has an injured stud in front of him. Darwin has two JAGs.
Dumped Darwin for Darrel at the first sign of trouble (just before last week's kickoff).

Why?

Reid and the KC coaches have been loving on Darrel since last year everytime they've been asked about him.

Darrel has had a full year in the system.

Darrel weighs 25 lbs more.

Reid has proven to make JAGs into Bo Derek. Time and time again.

How do we know Darwin isn't also a JAG who looked good in preseason mainly b/c he too benefitted from Reid's pixie dust? We can't confirm nor deny that yet.

Also, fresh legs McCoy isn't a JAG. But we'll see if those legs can stay fresh.

All of the above said. Better to hold onto Darwin as a lotto ticket or handcuff if you have bench space. Why? Because Reid is a notorious muther ####er. That means he will #### your fantasy mum. G/L to any of us rostering this glorious mess. Hit or miss at the extremes.

Dumped Darwin for Darrel at the first sign of trouble (just before last week's kickoff).

Why?

Reid and the KC coaches have been loving on Darrel since last year everytime they've been asked about him.

Darrel has had a full year in the system.

Darrel weighs 25 lbs more.

Reid has proven to make JAGs into Bo Derek. Time and time again.

How do we know Darwin isn't also a JAG who looked good in preseason mainly b/c he too benefitted from Reid's pixie dust? We can't confirm nor deny that yet.

Also, fresh legs McCoy isn't a JAG. But we'll see if those legs can stay fresh.

All of the above said. Better to hold onto Darwin as a lotto ticket or handcuff if you have bench space. Why? Because Reid is a notorious muther ####er. That means he will #### your fantasy mum. G/L to any of us rostering this glorious mess. Hit or miss at the extremes.
Bo Derek or Bo Jackson?  Bo Derek's average YPC was nothing special 😁

I absolutely agree Darwin is a stash and wait player if you have the roster space.  However, Darrel has a chance to seize a share of this backfield now, and he displayed his ability last week against a tough Baltimore D.  Shady is less than 100%, so look for Reid to once again mix Darrel Williams in.  Last week, Darrel ran hard and decisive, and his final stat line would have have been even better if a nifty 17 yard catch and run had not been negated by a hold.  Darrel is a good receiver, adept at picking up his blocking assignments and runs hard.  He has a bit of Kareem Hunt to his game.  It is a crowded backfield in KC, especially once Damien Williams returns, but I like the idea of owning a piece of this backfield.  Injuries are not predictable, and the season is still early, but if I can pick up a potential late-season gem at an early-season discount, I am all about bargain shopping.

Andy Reid takes it slowly with his younger players. It sounds like Reid thinks Thompson still needs work on his pass protection and knowing his assignments. As long as Damien is out Darwin will probably gradually get more touches and if he does something with those touches he could earn more playing time. Darrel is a very good player but he is nothing special. Darwin Thompson could be special if given the opportunity. It makes sense that Darrel is ahead of Thompson for now. 

Man I'm tempted to start Darrel and bench David Johnson. TDs have bailed DJ out so far. The yardage has been frightfully bad the last two weeks.

I'm sure I'll chicken out but I won't be at all surprised if DJ goes for 5 points and Darrel goes for 20.

Andy Reid takes it slowly with his younger players. It sounds like Reid thinks Thompson still needs work on his pass protection and knowing his assignments. As long as Damien is out Darwin will probably gradually get more touches and if he does something with those touches he could earn more playing time. Darrel is a very good player but he is nothing special. Darwin Thompson could be special if given the opportunity. It makes sense that Darrel is ahead of Thompson for now. 
Darrel made 2 good plays last week that make me think he's better than the combine numbers indicate. There was that 40 yard run where he reach 20+mph, the 5th highest of the week. And the 3rd down reception fighting through traffic to get the first down and ice the game. He lost weight in the off-season, so maybe he gained speed. Lots of uncertainty in that backfield.

Darrel made 2 good plays last week that make me think he's better than the combine numbers indicate. There was that 40 yard run where he reach 20+mph, the 5th highest of the week. And the 3rd down reception fighting through traffic to get the first down and ice the game. He lost weight in the off-season, so maybe he gained speed. Lots of uncertainty in that backfield.
I think it will be a fluid situation most of the year.

Black and Gold said:
The coaching staff can evaluate them.  We have only seen games, they have seen everything. 

I always remind myself that our favorite metrics for determining player breakouts with statistics are basically a set of statistical measures to try to pinpoint what coaches think of the player.  

Bo Derek or Bo Jackson?  Bo Derek's average YPC was nothing special 😁
Did you ever go to sleep with Bo Derek and wake up with Bo Diddly?

Andy Reid theme song, except he will switch Bo's back and forth on us in both directions at his leisure suit. The key is to buy low and diversify.

Woke up this morning with uncertainty.

DWill 1 is inactive, but Shady put in the work and is healthy enough to start, Darwin not completely out of the picture.

It’s Shady’s backfield to start so is Darell only a 2nd half player/speller? Or is split series expected?

Worried he won’t get enough looks to provide a solid floor

Did you ever go to sleep with Bo Derek and wake up with Bo Diddly?

Andy Reid theme song, except he will switch Bo's back and forth on us in both directions at his leisure suit. The key is to buy low and diversify.
No, once I hit on Bo Derek though and came up with Bo Diddly. Then I went outside and saw a man named Bo Jangles, he danced for me. 

Man I'm tempted to start Darrel and bench David Johnson. TDs have bailed DJ out so far. The yardage has been frightfully bad the last two weeks.

I'm sure I'll chicken out but I won't be at all surprised if DJ goes for 5 points and Darrel goes for 20.
I wouldn't personally do that. DJ guaranteed touches. I'm starting Darrel over Montgomery and James White but those are not even close to being the same options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m playing him for the ceiling which I think is considerable and willing to accept a very low floor. 

This is the kind of development that I enjoy most about fantasy football though so I’m pretty excited about the possibilities.

Between Carson and this guy on my team.

I realize its a tough sport but when you're trying to carve out a role for yourself... my top priority would be NOT fumbling.

Definitely my most valuable lesson of the year...

Between Carson and this guy on my team.

I realize its a tough sport but when you're trying to carve out a role for yourself... my top priority would be NOT fumbling.

Definitely my most valuable lesson of the year...
That play led to a KC defensive TD so maybe Darrel is just thinking on a totally different level than all of us.

And the weekly KC RB WW prospect that makes you have egg on your face is....

We knew he was a lottery ticket, the fumble did not help, however all he has to do is be the RB2 and he will remain valuable. 

Chill out, anyone who started him today was asking for trouble. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't a bad gamble -- Darrel Williams did a ton with his touches last week. Not like any particular outcome for him was blindingly obvious in advance.
Asking for trouble means there is a decent chance he could be a dud, it's not an indictment. He's on my roster too, I'm happy if he can hold off the other William for the 2nd half of the season, we might have different views at the moment. 

Chiefs passing down back. Hell of a receiver. Was in the entire drive on Chiefs game winning drive ending with his rush TD.

Really can't see how Damien Williams gets this job back. (Shady looks fine and will have fantasy value as well as their "lead back". I don't personally don't think Damien has any business ahead of Darrel. There's not a single thing he does as well as Darrel)

Users who are viewing this thread