Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Rider

Mike McCarthy fired

Recommended Posts

Please No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The depth to which the Packers have plummeted can be best exemplified by no Bears or Vikings fans even bothering to troll this thread.  We are so bad, and this outcome so predictable that they are not even bothering.  They don't even consider us.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

If the Packers are smart, they will get a hard-nosed defensive-minded head coach. 

Why?

Given the incredible amount of "starts lost" due to defensive player injuries, I think Pettine has been a revelation.  GB is 3rd in sacks and generally kept them in every game.  In today's offense, if you can limit any team to ~20 points, you should win with Rodgers at the helm

I'm on the bandwagon for a young offensive minded coach that will be creative and work with Rodgers well.  Keep Pettine, imo.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coyote5 said:

Please No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh

+1  

No thanks to McDaniels as well.

Need someone young and ascending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Phenomena said:

Why?

Given the incredible amount of "starts lost" due to defensive player injuries, I think Pettine has been a revelation.  GB is 3rd in sacks and generally kept them in every game.  In today's offense, if you can limit any team to ~20 points, you should win with Rodgers at the helm

I'm on the bandwagon for a young offensive minded coach that will be creative and work with Rodgers well.  Keep Pettine, imo.

Agreed.  The league is in the midst of an offensive revolution.  Grabbing a hard nosed defensive coach and hoping for success with ball control and 3 yards and a cloud of dust mentality is a recipe for mediocrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Tanner9919 said:

Arians is a popular guy nowadays, I know he says he wants to go to Cleveland and Cleveland only, but...hard to pass on Aaron Rodgers.

 

I know the Packers have been a successful organization, but it is clear the Browns are trending up more so than the Packers. Doesn't hurt that Rodgers is 35 and Mayfield is 23. I think Arians would especially love to work with the skill players they have on the Browns. 

 

Edited by pbandy1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pbandy1 said:

I know the Packers have a successful organization, but it is clear the Browns are trending up more so than the Packers. Doesn't hurt that Rodgers is 35 and Mayfield is 23. I think Arians would especially love to work with the skill players they have on the Browns. 

 

Yeah this is what I think too. I'd like to think the Packers are closer to a Superbowl than the Browns, but that's simply not true. This is one of the worst Packer teams in a long time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pbandy1 said:

I know the Packers have a successful organization, but it is clear the Browns are trending up more so than the Packers. Doesn't hurt that Rodgers is 35 and Mayfield is 23. I think Arians would especially love to work with the skill players they have on the Browns. 

 

It's not hard to trend up from zero.

The issue with the Browns has always been the owner. Unless that's changing, no thanks.  Mayfield has also played 12 games so let's chill it with the love on that kid.  It's a no-brainer to go to the Packers if you had the choice.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Phenomena said:

It's not hard to trend up from zero.

The issue with the Browns has always been the owner. Unless that's changing, no thanks.  Mayfield has also played 12 games so let's chill it with the love on that kid.  It's a no-brainer to go to the Packers if you had the choice.

honestly the owner doesn't concern me too much with Dorsey at the helm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Packers will rebound quickly.  They had a solid 2018 draft and are setup for an even better 2019 draft.  There is some good young talent on the team to develope and build with.  Gutey has some money to spend to fill larger holes too.  I'm not worried that Rodgers won't get another chance at a SB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Rumor is that Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern is the Packers' #1 candidate.

Wow...hasn’t coached in the league but has done good things at NW and always liked him as a player too.  Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pbandy1 said:

honestly the owner doesn't concern me too much with Dorsey at the helm.

I recall folks here in DC saying the same thing about Marty.

Then the owner canned him because he wanted more control so he could play with his toy.

Owners can sink franchises in all sorts of ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Rumor is that Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern is the Packers' #1 candidate.

Murphy was AD at Northwestern and hired Fitzgerald there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

Heard both Cleveland and Jets are interested in McCarthy.

I'd like to see McCarthy go to Cleveland and succeed.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Please No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh No Harbaugh

To be clear, I mean EITHER Harbaugh.  Woof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, beef said:

I'd like to see McCarthy go to Cleveland and succeed.  

Jason Wilde thinks McCarthy will take a year off. He will be paid by the Packers next year. Also has a home in GB and two kids either in high school or about to start high school. May refresh him as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beef said:

I'd like to see McCarthy go to Cleveland and succeed.  

Yeah, I have no ill will towards MM.  I think he's been a really good coach for us, but it's time for a fresh start for both sides.  I can easily see this being an Andy Reid situation.  Hopefully more for the Packers lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 6:00 PM, Arodin said:

I recall folks here in DC saying the same thing about Marty.

Then the owner canned him because he wanted more control so he could play with his toy.

Owners can sink franchises in all sorts of ways.

Didn't the Colts have a GM when Irsay personally orchestrated the Trent Richardson trade? Lol. Case in point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

 

Please PM me your address so I can stop by and punch you in the nuts.

I saw his Denver reign close up.  I followed his Colts debacle as did most everybody.  I do not want this man as a our coach, though I do note that several Coaches pooped the sheets on their first stint before getting things right, cases in Point Belichick and Carroll.  maybe as an Offensive Coordinator, but not as the man.

 

Just something about his demeanor where I do not ever suspect he can command the respect of men, not without Belichick standing directly behind him.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 12:10 PM, Ditkaless Wonders said:

The depth to which the Packers have plummeted can be best exemplified by no Bears or Vikings fans even bothering to troll this thread.  We are so bad, and this outcome so predictable that they are not even bothering.  They don't even consider us.

Lions fan  👋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I'm sorry for your suffering.

Welcome to the party!  There is flat beer and stale appetizers to the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Welcome to the party!  There is flat beer and stale appetizers to the left.

I know this party quite well having spent the 70's and the 80's attending it on a weekly basis. I think I am going to miss the party down the hall where it is livelier, the girls are prettier, but they dick punch you just before you are set to take them home.  That's the one I have been attending the last 7 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I know this party quite well having spent the 70's and the 80's attending it on a weekly basis. I think I am going to miss the party down the hall where it is livelier, the girls are prettier, but they dick punch you just before you are set to take them home.  That's the one I have been attending the last 7 years.

I've never been.  :kicksrock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.