What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Samuels vs Wilson vs Jackson (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
It seems every year,  ww running backs emerge right before the playoffs and ruin good teams playoff runs. Who's the guy that helps us pull off an upset this week?

My thoughts...

Wilson vs Den- it seems any Shanny rb can put up good numbers (except Morris). I think he can put up a good rb2 game especially in PPR this week. He has a pretty safe floor but limited ceiling imo. 

Jackson vs cincy- assuming gordon is out and with Ekeler not looking like a fulltime back, he can maybe increase his snap share and bust off a few long runs in an expected blowout vs a horrible defense. Big boom bust option imo

Samuels vs oak- another good matchup. Should get solid receptions. I don't see the rushing upside. They never run. I can see a ton of passing. Probably the lowest upside. This obviously assumes Conner is out. 

I rank them as I have them listed. I think they're all startable and plan on starting one over mack. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts...

Wilson vs Den- it seems any Shanny rb can put up good numbers (except Morris). I think he can put up a good rb2 game especially in PPR this week. He has a pretty safe floor but limited ceiling imo. 

Jackson vs cincy- assuming gordon is out and with Ekeler not looking like a fulltime back, he can maybe increase his snap share and bust off a few long runs in an expected blowout vs a horrible defense. Big boom bust option imo

Samuels vs oak- another good matchup. Should get solid receptions. I don't see the rushing upside. They never run. I can see a ton of passing. Probably the lowest upside. This obviously assumes Conner is out. 

I rank them as I have them listed. I think they're all startable and plan on starting one over mack. 
Assuming Gordo is out, I just don’t see how Jackson doesn’t have a big game against that horrendous Bengal D 

Jackson, Samuels, Wilson. Samuels leap frogs Jackson if we hear Conner misses this week. If Conner is just questionable though and day to day, Jackson stays ahead.

Have to take into account rosters too. If you need an rb to start or are just trying to #### block, Jackson is the guy. If you’re looking for most potential, it’s Samuels until we get Conner news. Also the fact that Samuels is a TE on yahoo can’t be forgotten. I am personally set at rb and I am going to make the move for Samuels based on needing a shot at an elite TE play

I have a bye this week but own both Conner and Breida. I need to decide who I want for multiple weeks. Unless Tomlin is full of #### about Conner's injury not being serious, that rules out Samuels. I wonder if the Niners don't go ahead and shelve Breida once and for all, making Wilson viable for the rest of the year. So, I'm leaning towards using the rest of my FAAB on Wilson in my particular case.

this is only week I think Jackson sees time on peoples active roster...  in week 15 Gordon may play against KC because of playoff implications, if so we see a 3 headed tandem that hurts everyone.

Wilson is the multiple week play I'd bet.  

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12935/trey-edmunds

Steelers signed RB Trey Edmunds from their practice squad.

Justin Hunter (shoulder) was placed on injured reserve in a corresponding move. Reports on James Conner's leg injury have been positive, but this moves suggests there is at least some concern about his availability for this week. Jaylen Samuels and Stevan Ridley are the backs to add off the wire. Dec 4 - 10:24 AM

Just an update.

I have a bye this week but own both Conner and Breida. I need to decide who I want for multiple weeks. Unless Tomlin is full of #### about Conner's injury not being serious, that rules out Samuels. I wonder if the Niners don't go ahead and shelve Breida once and for all, making Wilson viable for the rest of the year. So, I'm leaning towards using the rest of my FAAB on Wilson in my particular case.
I'd spend a buck on Morris as insurance on Wilson if you have roster room. Morris will be getting playing team and if by chance he gets the hot hand (I know not likely but still possible) you would be screwed in week 15 if they flip flop.

I'd spend a buck on Morris as insurance on Wilson if you have roster room. Morris will be getting playing team and if by chance he gets the hot hand (I know not likely but still possible) you would be screwed in week 15 if they flip flop.
My plan as well.

Jackson, Samuels, Wilson. Samuels leap frogs Jackson if we hear Conner misses this week. If Conner is just questionable though and day to day, Jackson stays ahead.

Have to take into account rosters too. If you need an rb to start or are just trying to #### block, Jackson is the guy. If you’re looking for most potential, it’s Samuels until we get Conner news. Also the fact that Samuels is a TE on yahoo can’t be forgotten. I am personally set at rb and I am going to make the move for Samuels based on needing a shot at an elite TE play
I'm thinking similarly. I'm totally set at RB (Saquon, Lindsay, Michel and DLewis in a league where we can only start 2) and at TE (Kittle, although we can start a TE flex), so it's mostly about ####-blocking for me. What I'm debating is if it's worth dropping my low-upside RB4 (Lewis) for any of these guys to keep them away from others. I'm leaning Samuels because he has the most potential impact ROS, but would love to get some additional news on Conner before waivers process tomorrow.

I'm thinking similarly. I'm totally set at RB (Saquon, Lindsay, Michel and DLewis in a league where we can only start 2) and at TE (Kittle, although we can start a TE flex), so it's mostly about ####-blocking for me. What I'm debating is if it's worth dropping my low-upside RB4 (Lewis) for any of these guys to keep them away from others. I'm leaning Samuels because he has the most potential impact ROS, but would love to get some additional news on Conner before waivers process tomorrow.
Given that you are dropping a playable guy for another playable guy you don't really block them as they can then turn around and pick up Lewis or the other guy that you didn't pick up i.e. Wilson.

Both Breida and Conner are question marks for coming back week 15. I would tend to think that since they have nothing to play for that SF may continue to sit Breida (It is the smart move afterall) while Conner if he is even 70% would probably play limiting Samuels that week. I think Wilson may have more ROS opportunity than Samuels. If you don't need either one than it really doesn't matter which one (Samuels or Wilson) you take but for long term blockage-not just this week than Wilson is the guy to grab but again, you really aren't blocking anyone by giving them the opportunity to pick up Lewis.

Given that you are dropping a playable guy for another playable guy you don't really block them as they can then turn around and pick up Lewis or the other guy that you didn't pick up i.e. Wilson.

Both Breida and Conner are question marks for coming back week 15. I would tend to think that since they have nothing to play for that SF may continue to sit Breida (It is the smart move afterall) while Conner if he is even 70% would probably play limiting Samuels that week. I think Wilson may have more ROS opportunity than Samuels. If you don't need either one than it really doesn't matter which one (Samuels or Wilson) you take but for long term blockage-not just this week than Wilson is the guy to grab but again, you really aren't blocking anyone by giving them the opportunity to pick up Lewis.
It's Yahoo, so Samuels' TE eligibility comes into play. In a league with a WR/TE flex, that means my opponents could potentially plug him into any offensive position. Also, now that Conner is confirmed out, I will give serious thought to starting him over Kittle.

Conner out, Samuels is #1 on yahoo based on versatility. Anywhere that he is just an RB, he is just the tiniest bit under Jackson based on match up but I am talking .50-1.00 bid under, whatever the smallest denomination you can use. They should both be great plays this week

Can’t make up my mind on this one. Have just lost Conner. Own Samuels. Can most likely get first dibs on either Jackson or Wilson Jnr. 

Who do you go for in a 1 week play ? 

Wilson gets the touches and volume against the stronger D 

Jackson I’m tempted by due to the matchup and possibly even more so because I’m starting Rivers. If Rivers doesn’t go off then hopefully it’s because Jackson has busted off some big runs and TDs. Ekeler obviously being the risk. 

Just don’t fully have faith in Samuels in the RB slot. 

Confused. 

FWIW, both Jene Bramel and the @ProFootballDoc say this looks like a high ankle sprain.  

Can’t make up my mind on this one. Have just lost Conner. Own Samuels. Can most likely get first dibs on either Jackson or Wilson Jnr. 

Who do you go for in a 1 week play ? 

Wilson gets the touches and volume against the stronger D 

Jackson I’m tempted by due to the matchup and possibly even more so because I’m starting Rivers. If Rivers doesn’t go off then hopefully it’s because Jackson has busted off some big runs and TDs. Ekeler obviously being the risk. 

Just don’t fully have faith in Samuels in the RB slot. 

Confused. 
I lost Connor as well, but already rostered both Jackson and Samuels a few weeks ago. With choice matches for them this week, I'm starting both with confidence. There is less than a 1% chance the Chargers let Gordon play this week and Jackson should get a ton of work in what should be a blowout. As for Wilson, he has a brutal matchup against the Broncos, and maybe Brieda is back the following week. 

I'm starting both with confidence. 

who are you starting them over?

right now i got samuels in there. jackson on my bench behind lindsay & tarik. to me, my decision is between samuels & jackson... and i'm leaning samuels. (standard.)

who are you starting them over?

right now i got samuels in there. jackson on my bench behind lindsay & tarik. to me, my decision is between samuels & jackson... and i'm leaning samuels. (standard.)
I’m in a standard league as well. I have Kamara and need to pick 2 out of these 4: 

Samuels, Jackson, Drake and Manny Sanders. I don’t like Manny’s matchup, so I’m trying to figure out which RB’s I want roll with 

Standard league 

David Johnson at RB1 

and to replace Conner, deciding between 

Samuels @OAK

Jackson CIN 

Edwards @KANS

Barber NO 

Edwards would be the choice I think if Lamar didn’t hoover away goal line runs 

Have Samuels in just now 

Man I bid 54% on samuels only to get outbid by the Commish in last place. Got wilson for 6% though.

Tomlin said he will consider using a committee approach to replace Conner.

“That is our intentions as we sit here,” he said. “We have a preparation week ahead of us, and sometimes the division of labor is revealed to you through that work. We have a great deal of confidence in Ridley. We’ve got a great deal of confidence in Jaylen, particularly of late. He’s a guy who has been on the rise in recent weeks.”

I wouldn't be confident starting anyone in Pittsburgh. I do love the implications for Ben, tho. Just chuck it all day!

Tomlin said he will consider using a committee approach to replace Conner.

“That is our intentions as we sit here,” he said. “We have a preparation week ahead of us, and sometimes the division of labor is revealed to you through that work. We have a great deal of confidence in Ridley. We’ve got a great deal of confidence in Jaylen, particularly of late. He’s a guy who has been on the rise in recent weeks.”

I wouldn't be confident starting anyone in Pittsburgh. I do love the implications for Ben, tho. Just chuck it all day!
Samuels would be the pass catcher if that happens.  Not Ridley

I picked up jackson, any chance he blows up this week?

Without Conner i need 2 in PPR out of Michel, Jeffrey, Mack, Edwards, Jackson, Godwin, Carson

Same here ... but BB Waivers run this afternoon..  making a small bid for Wilson & Samuel, but not sure if they will start for me over my current Flex (Humphries & Jackson)
I put in claims for Wilson & Samuels and I might start one at flex if I get them but I would start Jackson over both if I only had one slot. JMO. I lost Conner and Green this week and play the best team in the league so I need all the upside I can get and dont mind losing if I score 75 going for it.

I put in claims for Wilson & Samuels and I might start one at flex if I get them but I would start Jackson over both if I only had one slot. JMO. I lost Conner and Green this week and play the best team in the league so I need all the upside I can get and dont mind losing if I score 75 going for it.
That doesn't sound like starting with confidence  :lol:

I lost Conner too, he was the heart and soul of my 2018 squad :kicksrock:

That doesn't sound like starting with confidence  :lol:

I lost Conner too, he was the heart and soul of my 2018 squad :kicksrock:
When you are facing a team with Kamara, CMC, Lindsay, and Mahomes at QB I dont think anybody I insert in my lineup would inspire confidence. Im just saying I am confident Jackson provides the most upside of the players mentioned and upside is what I need this week.

In a standard league, I'm going with Jackson as my RB2 and need to pick either Samuels or Wilson. I'm leaning Wilson. Anyone else in the same situation? Samuels has a better matchup, but I think Wilson gets more touches.  

Well I certainly wasn't expecting to have this problem....was 10/12 in waivers and somehow ended up with both Samuels and Wilson in PPR.

Now I have to decide between the uncertainty of those 2 and Spencer Ware going against Baltimore for my flex spot.

No idea who I'm starting at the moment, lol. Love the upside of Samuels but I'm worried how many touches he will get.

Hate starting players for the first time in the playoffs. It's scary.

In a standard league, I'm going with Jackson as my RB2 and need to pick either Samuels or Wilson. I'm leaning Wilson. Anyone else in the same situation? Samuels has a better matchup, but I think Wilson gets more touches.  
Right now in my waiver priority I have Wilson ranked over Samuels.

Yeah Im not touching Samuels. My initial instincts were to avoid that situation completely. I'll pick up Ridley but I dont expect much from either guy.

I'm surprised to see Bloom is so high on Samuels, but not Wilson. I think Wilson,e even against the rejuvenated Bronco D, is a good start. 

Users who are viewing this thread