What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 (and beyond) Waiver Wire Targets (Week 15 starts on Page 3) (1 Viewer)

4th&inches

Footballguy
Figured I'd start a thread for Week 14, playoffs & for anyone looking at keepers for next year. My notes after each player.

QB's:

• Josh Allen - at least has a high floor with his legs, but if you've made it this far into the season/ playoffs, I hope you don't need Josh Allen to start

RB's:

• Jaylen Samuels (PIT - TE Eligibility in Yahoo) - I don't trust that Connor's injury is minor and think Samuels could be a huge lift as you can start him at your TE spot in Yahoo leagues
  • Jeff Wilson (SF) - debating between him and Samuels as my #1 target as Wilson should see much of the starting role and has value this week as well as the remainder of the season
  • Justin Jackson (LAC) - WEEK 14 value = high, after that..???
  • Damien Williams (KC) - handcuff to Ware & actually looked better than Ware at times
  • LeGarrette Blount (DET) - no idea when Johnson is coming back and Blount is at least the goalline back
  • Rex Burkhead (NE) - dart throw in NE
  • John Kelly (LAR) - Malcom Brown left week 13 with injury. Think we see Kelly as the handcuff to Gurley...which is valuable in itself.

WR's:

• Dante Pettis (SF) - looks to be the real deal (after 2 productive weeks) and might be the new longterm SF WR to own
  • Adam Humphries (TB) - high floor in TB and seems to be a favorite target of Winston
  • Curtis Samuel (CAR) - WR3?
  • Antonio Callaway (CLE) - rookie with upside, not sure i'd start him this week, but might be a good keeper target (I assume already owned in dynasty)
  • Michael Gallup (DAL) - actually looked good on Thursday and appears to be the #2 behind Cooper

TE:

• See above for Jaylen Samuels

I'm sure there's some I've missed and some that others will disagree with, but at least this gets things started. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured I'd start a thread for Week 14, playoffs & for anyone looking at keepers for next year. My notes after each player.

QB's:

• Josh Allen - at least has a high floor with his legs, but if you've made it this far into the season/ playoffs, I hope you don't need Josh Allen to start

RB's:

• Jaylen Samuels (PIT - TE Eligibility in Yahoo) - I don't trust that Connor's injury is minor and think Samuels could be a huge lift as you can start him at your TE spot in Yahoo leagues
  • Jeff Wilson (SF) - debating between him and Samuels as my #1 target as Wilson should see much of the starting role and has value this week as well as the remainder of the season
  • Damien Williams (KC) - handcuff to Ware & actually looked better than Ware at times
  • LeGarrette Blount (DET) - no idea when Johnson is coming back and Blount is at least the goalline back
  • John Kelly (LAR) - Malcom Brown left week 13 with injury. Think we see Kelly as the handcuff to Gurley...which is valuable in itself.

WR's:

• Dante Pettis (SF) - looks to be the real deal (after 2 productive weeks) and might be the new longterm SF WR to own
  • Adam Humphries (TB) - high floor in TB and seems to be a favorite target of Winston
  • Antonio Callaway (CLE) - rookie with upside, not sure i'd start him this week, but might be a good keeper target (I assume already owned in dynasty)
  • Michael Gallup (DAL) - actually looked good on Thursday and appears to be the #2 behind Cooper

TE:

I'm sure there's some I've missed and some that others will disagree with, but at least this gets things started. 
Nice list. 

I might add Chase Edmonds and Wayne Gallman as RB handcuffs.  Edmonds especially looks like a good dynasty stash. 

At WR, Deon Cain may be available, and he could have some decent dynasty value. 

There are a handful of young TE prospects who may be sitting on your waiver who might be worth rostering on your dynasty team: 

Ian Thomas has had mixed results this season, but he will get some increased reps down the stretch with Olsen's injury.  If Olsen hangs it up this offseason, Thomas may also have a significant role next season. 

Houston's Jordan Thomas is another rookie TE who offers some dynasty intrigue. 

Also, don't forget about Seattle's surprise rookie TE Will Dissly; he came seemingly from nowhere to play like a rookie-of-the-year candidate before succumbing to injury.

who is the better add ROS in PPR

Humphries or Godwin......I am guessing humphries as it seems he will get more targets but Godwin may get you more TDs

Humphries or Godwin......I am guessing humphries as it seems he will get more targets but Godwin may get you more TDs
Overall, Godwin is more talented. The tricky part is that when DJax is healthy it can be harder for him to get targets. Not sure how much longer DJax will be out, but as long as he is, I would definitely go with Godwin. Heck, I might anyway, because Humphries' TD rate from earlier this season is unsustainable.

Nice list. 

I might add Chase Edmonds and Wayne Gallman as RB handcuffs.  Edmonds especially looks like a good dynasty stash. 

At WR, Deon Cain may be available, and he could have some decent dynasty value. 

There are a handful of young TE prospects who may be sitting on your waiver who might be worth rostering on your dynasty team: 

Ian Thomas has had mixed results this season, but he will get some increased reps down the stretch with Olsen's injury.  If Olsen hangs it up this offseason, Thomas may also have a significant role next season. 

Houston's Jordan Thomas is another rookie TE who offers some dynasty intrigue. 

Also, don't forget about Seattle's surprise rookie TE Will Dissly; he came seemingly from nowhere to play like a rookie-of-the-year candidate before succumbing to injury.
Great call on Edmonds, not sure how I forgot to add him. While it's tough to see how he's going to do long term with DJ still there... they clearly value him and he has a role currently, so not out of the realm for future value as well. 

As mentioned above, I think that Godwin is more talented, but it's hard to disregard what Humphries has been doing with the New New Winston.

QB's:

RB's:

WR's:

TE:

Nice list, I would put Wilson over Samuels looking forward to weeks 15/16 as San Fran should sit Breida again as they have nothing to play for and Conner will be back in as soon as he is ready.

I'd also add Alfred Morris since he will get some carries now but he is purely a desperation play.

Nice list, I would put Wilson over Samuels looking forward to weeks 15/16 as San Fran should sit Breida again as they have nothing to play for and Conner will be back in as soon as he is ready.

I'd also add Alfred Morris since he will get some carries now but he is purely a desperation play.
Much in the same way you can't ask for advice about a pass-catching RB/slot WR without specifying whether you're in PPR or standard, I think you can't properly discuss Samuels without mentioning if you're playing in Yahoo. His TE eligibility is absolutely huge. As a RB he's a nice fill-in, especially if you're trying to replace Conner/Gordon/et al. But as a TE he's a potential game-changer.

How hard do you go after Wilson? Thoughts on how long Breida out?
At this point the odds of getting a starting RB on waivers for the ROS are pretty slim. Go all in if you need a RB. I think Breida is done for the year, San Fran would have to be totally insane to let him play anymore. They should look forward to next year.

Samuels and Justin Jackson basically are worth your whole budget at this stage.
It seems like Jackson is only a one week play.  Either way, I think I am Samuels, Wilson, and Jackson in order.  Unless someone out of the playoffs bids, I will get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going for Wilson over Samuels just because his role seems to be more secure.

Who knows how the split is going to go in Pittsburgh. I could see Ridley getting the early down work, Samuels 3rd down since he's more of a pass-catcher. I know Tomlin generally gives the vast majority to one RB however.

My first claim will be for Samuels, but I'm also thinking of dropping Josh Reynolds for Pettis. It's a classic "WR3 on a great offense vs. WR1 on a bad one" conundrum. Leaning Pettis for the higher upside; also, Christopher Harris was talking about his film review of Pettis on his podcast today and mentioned his superior route running, comparing him to Keenan Allen.

So I'll be on pins and needles until Wed at 8pm to see who the heck Im actually starting this week. Thanks to Conner & Green injury I am down two BIG players. Going against the best team in the league, I need all the upside guys I can get. I already have Justin Jackson so as long as Gordon is out Im starting him. How would you rank the following for this week:

Wilson Jr, Samuels, Pettis, Samuel

I will try and pick up 2 of them but with $3 left Im not expecting to get more than one. 

shadyridr said:
So I'll be on pins and needles until Wed at 8pm to see who the heck Im actually starting this week. Thanks to Conner & Green injury I am down two BIG players. Going against the best team in the league, I need all the upside guys I can get. I already have Justin Jackson so as long as Gordon is out Im starting him. How would you rank the following for this week:

I will try and pick up 2 of them but with $3 left Im not expecting to get more than one. 
With only $3 you better set your sites lower. You probably won't get any of these guys, maybe a WR if no one needs them but no way do you get either of those RB's for $3

Just announced that Malcom Brown out the rest of the regular season. 

Bump up Kelly up a little and even more if you're a Gurley owner

4th&inches said:

QB's:

:rant:

Some people maybe drafted Wentz and still made the playoffs with him.

:rolleyes:

shadyridr said:

I've got $4 in FAAB myself. So much wasted over the course of the season as I turned around a crappy team week after week. If you were in my league, you have an outside shot at one of the WR's, but I think it will take a miracle for you get the backs. If you do...I wish I were in your league.

Slapdash said:
Trying to think if there is any reason not to blow the entire remaining FAAB on Samuels today
I don't think I'd do that, unless you're under $10 remaining in your budget (like me). Even that price might be too high!

Meh.  I have 78 left and two other playoff teams have more.  If not now, when?
Do you or the other two teams need him (have Conner)? If he is just a luxury or you are trying to block than you don't need to go all in but if you need him than go for it.

Do you or the other two teams need him (have Conner)? If he is just a luxury or you are trying to block than you don't need to go all in but if you need him than go for it.
Yeah.  It is Yahoo so anyone could use him.

He would start for me if Kerryon isn't back this weekend

Not sure if you're aware, but in Yahoo leagues he is a RB/TE.

Alot of teams have junk at TE

Liking Samuels, Samuel, and Pettis...as well as Houston D had been dropped and they have a nice upcoming schedule.

I have the Bears D amd a bye this week so the Rams playing against them won’t hurt me.  If I don’t get one of the above three I’ll grab them to keep them from my opponents who may try later to pick up a D.

Will be dropping Olsen for sure and maybe Burkhead (even as a Michel owner) to try and get two of them.

Samuels would be to keep him from the #1 team in need of help at TE (yeah this league has used yahoo since we started it).

Samuel or Pettis...Boyd and Ridleybare my WR2s I use...Boyd has the nice floor it seems over the others.  Ridley a great ceiling.  Not sure how much I’d play either of those two over Boyd or Ridley though going forward)

Pettis may get a downgrade with Goodwin back this week.
Was going to ask where you heard that, but then I found this.

I still think Pettis is worth a flier, though maybe don't start him just yet. It's not so much the two straight games of production as it is the obvious talent.

It does give me pause, however, as to whether I should drop Reynolds for him. 

Going for Wilson over Samuels just because his role seems to be more secure.

Who knows how the split is going to go in Pittsburgh. I could see Ridley getting the early down work, Samuels 3rd down since he's more of a pass-catcher. I know Tomlin generally gives the vast majority to one RB however.
Not to look that far ahead but Wilson going against Chi week 16 which is championship week.  However he’s serviceable week 14 vs Den and week 15 vs Sea.  He may help get you there. But not win it all.

Read an interesting piece about Wilson's receptions last week being a total fluke both for him and the team. I'll try and find it. 

deep leagues

TE Ellison - he's been targeted last couple of games, good matchup this week

DEF Chargers - they're stiff on the run, Green out, Chargers might feast on CIN downward spiral, I might start them over CHI vs LAR

I still feel like Dan Arnold is gonna make some noise the rest ofthe season and has some good matchups coming up. 

Is this just a gut feeling? Not criticizing, just curious.
It's a combo of him looking good the last few weeks and schedule. He had his breakout game on Thanksgiving and started off the dallas game nice before getting popped on that fumble. Also they face two horrible defenses vs TE the next two weeks in TB and CAR. A dart throw no doubt but us olsen owners might want to think about him. 

Also at WR besides Pettis or Samuel I think Callaway and Zay Jones could produce down the stretch. 
Like the Z. Jones call. Buffalo is playing hard and J. Allen is making noise. Don't love the matchups, but I need somebody to step up and solve my A. Jeffery problem.

M. Gallup an interesting option. Dak catching fire along with the entire Dallas team and the matchups are there the rest of the way.

Like the Z. Jones call. Buffalo is playing hard and J. Allen is making noise. Don't love the matchups, but I need somebody to step up and solve my A. Jeffery problem.

M. Gallup an interesting option. Dak catching fire along with the entire Dallas team and the matchups are there the rest of the way.
Jones' matchup this week is great. Jets are 8th in points allowed to WRs

Pettis still out there post waivers but I couldn't pull the trigger on dropping Josh Reynolds for him. If Goodwin weren't back I probably would have. Also, am I the only one who suffers from anti-recency bias? The fact that Pettis has blown up the past two weeks while Reynolds is coming off a stinker makes me more averse to swapping them out, because it feels like the sort of overreactive move that guppy FF players make.  :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread