What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** TNF One For The Ages - Jaguars at Titans *** (1 Viewer)

JaxBill

Footballguy
Yes, it's one for the ages because it will bring back offenses from the 1980s. 

The kind of Thursday night matchup that makes you yearn for the Glory Days of Thursday Night football when Color Rush was able to distract you.

Titans swept the Jaguars last season and won a scintillating 9-6 matchup at TheBank earlier this year.

At 4-8 the disappointing Jaguars try to play spoiler with the gunslinger Cody Kessler at the helm.

Pretty much, yes. The league can cross 2 smaller market teams off the Nationally Televised list at the same time.
Always cross-programmed against The Year Without A Santa Claus and Rudolph's Shiny New Year double-header on AMC, so TV viewers have that going for them

Yes, it's one for the ages because it will bring back offenses from the 1980s. 

The kind of Thursday night matchup that makes you yearn for the Glory Days of Thursday Night football when Color Rush was able to distract you.
Both teams should wear the throwback single bar helmets.

I realize the NFL has its head seven miles too far up its ### for this to ever happen, but once - just once! - I would love to see the head coaches of out-of-contention teams get together before a meaningless December TNF tilt like this and figure out how to play the most entertaining game possible within the broad confines of the rule book.

Play 8-on-8 the entire game. Agree that the team on defense fields only 10 men. Agree not to rush either passer all game, or to have two QBs in the formation at all times. Something. Anything! Can you imagine Twitter ten minutes after kickoff if they did this? "HOLY #### YOU GUYS THE JAGS AND TITANS ARE PLAYING 8-ON-8. FOR REALS! I CAN'T EVEN." You'd have 20 million people tuned in by the end of the first quarter.

The NFL needs a Bill Veeck.

I realize the NFL has its head seven miles too far up its ### for this to ever happen, but once - just once! - I would love to see the head coaches of out-of-contention teams get together before a meaningless December TNF tilt like this and figure out how to play the most entertaining game possible within the broad confines of the rule book.

Play 8-on-8 the entire game. Agree that the team on defense fields only 10 men. Agree not to rush either passer all game, or to have two QBs in the formation at all times. Something. Anything! Can you imagine Twitter ten minutes after kickoff if they did this? "HOLY #### YOU GUYS THE JAGS AND TITANS ARE PLAYING 8-ON-8. FOR REALS! I CAN'T EVEN." You'd have 20 million people tuned in by the end of the first quarter.

The NFL needs a Bill Veeck.
Well, except for the fact that the Titans are very much in playoff contention... Of course, that still doesn't make this a very enticing Thursday matchup.

I'll be watching thanks to Jags defense and Davis. Ugh. Hoping Jags have a repeat shutout. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Prediction for Fournette coming off his suspension?  If the Jags defense can keep the Titans offense off the field, can he get to 100 rushing?

Not only do we have to subjected to this matchup every year on a Thursday but it's also always during fanatsy playoffs it seems...

Well, I do have some skin in the game. Using the D in one and going against Fornette in 2 so I'm compelled to watch. 

I remember a few years ago plugging in Gerhart and getting a respectable 15 points of so in ppr. Fun times...

I saw these two juggernauts play in Nashville last year. 

Coldest game I’ve ever been to in any location. 

Leonard better make amends for not being around the week people were struggling to make the playoffs and really needed him. Luckily I managed to sneak in, barely.

Leonard better make amends for not being around the week people were struggling to make the playoffs and really needed him. Luckily I managed to sneak in, barely.
Ditto.  Watching tonight only to see Fournette rack up 100/2 and NOT punch anyone.   :oldunsure:

Finally sat the Jax Def last week and they burned me.  Now have to choose between Tenn D and Jax D.  Hmmmmmmm

No action tonight for me. Going against Fournette in one league. So go Titans. Keep 9 in the box.

I'm a little disappointed by the negative commentary in here.  I think we're going to see humanity at its best, striving for achievement and perfection. Pitting itself in competition against one another, showing that indomitable spirit that makes each of us unique and special just like everyone else.

Don't undersell these players. Cody Kessler has more wins this decade than luminaries like Joe Montana, John Elway and Dan Marino. And it's not just against Hall of Famers that he has favorable comparisons. Kessler has beat Andrew Luck more times this year than Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger - COMBINED!  In fact, pick any QB-relevant stat you think is meaningful and rank all NFL QBs who have started a game this year by it, and you'll find that Kessler appears on the list.

I really don't need to say much about the guy leading the other team. That Mariota has played as he has this year with that abnormal growth above his lip is a showcase of perseverance and a focus on football that leaves no time for worrying about something inconsequential like humiliating physical appearance.

So to those players who are going to sweat, bleed, and refuse to answer questions after the game about critical comments they made about players who ended up beating them, I say, huzzah gentleman.  Huzzah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Titans going with normal OL tonight

I guess them not practicing together this week was Vrabel's "message"...oy

Tony Boselli has to be the only player in NFL history to be the first ever pick for two franchises, right?

Henry owners happy. Nice screen to Lewis and two shifty runs by Henry. So much for the vaunted Jags D.   

I wonder what Ian Curtis would think about being played on a football telecast in Nashville before going to commercial...

Can you explain,  Bri?  
He does very well and then it hurts OC's pride and they take it away from him. Drives us nuts. At the end of that drive, you could tell he was clearly changing the play. One didn't go so good, next one Lewis had a nice gain

Their OC's have been poor, annoying, and "too cute" but Mariota's play calling usually gives fans some hope

Users who are viewing this thread