What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody else starting 4 RBs this week? (1 Viewer)

Futz

Footballguy
Unique situation to say the least. Never in my 26 years of FF have I seen it

RB - Justin Jackson (Melvin)

RB - Gus Edwards

Flex - Josh Adams

TE - Jaylen Samuels

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be if our #6 seed hadn’t spent $50 on his bid  :P

you picked all of those guys off the WW in the last 5 or so weeks?

Who did you draft aside from Gordon?
Ajayi, Royce Freeman, Lat Murray. 12 teamer, 8th pick and took Gronk  @ 2.05  :rolleyes:

Needless to say, I've been scrambling all year with stop gaps so I was reaching very early for FAs down the stretch and just got plain lucky with bottom feeders just quitting the wire.

I would be if our #6 seed hadn’t spent $50 on his bid  :P

you picked all of those guys off the WW in the last 5 or so weeks?
I reached early for Adams as he was just getting carries before their bye. Scooped up Jackson earlier than non Gordon owners would want to after his initial carries because everyone figured the rostered Ekeler was the only show in town. Gus, welp right place right time in the WW. Samuels was let go just last week by the Conner owner in a necessary roster move. He's above me in the standings so his loss my gain!

This may all end up being a bunch of nobodies that crap the bed but I am feeling I'm peaking at the exact right time.

I could start S. Barkley, L. Miller, Jaylen Samuels, and Ingram, but I have an opposition towards using the RB, TE designation to my benefit. 

I drafted, Gronk, too. So you're saying you're going Samuels over Gronk, huh?  

Starting Mixon, Lindsay, AP and Samuels (in TE slot) in my main Yahoo league. Seems cheesy to be able to do it but whatever, it's in within the rules I guess.

Starting Mixon, Lindsay, AP and Samuels (in TE slot) in my main Yahoo league. Seems cheesy to be able to do it but whatever, it's in within the rules I guess.
Can't disagree. It feels wrong but for me it's a small potential consolation prize for getting burned by Gronk this year. 

Can't disagree. It feels wrong but for me it's a small potential consolation prize for getting burned by Gronk this year. 
Particularly for me in that league where i've been stuck starting such luminaries as Vance Mcdonald and Jonnu Smith at the position after losing Olsen early.

I could start S. Barkley, L. Miller, Jaylen Samuels, and Ingram, but I have an opposition towards using the RB, TE designation to my benefit. 

Absolutely. If it wasn't for name value, he'd be ranked as like TE14 or worse each week.

I start 4 RB's all the time and when I'm in a position to do it the teams are usually super strong but it's been harder for me to do this year then last year.   This week I don't think I'll be starting any with 4(would have before Breida injury) but that's mainly because injuries thinned out some RB groups and two of my dynasty teams which normally start 4 RB's have a bye. I try and build teams that can start 4 RB's,  not so much being forced to start 4 which seems a little more like the OP's issue.  In week 15 if everyone remains healthy I'll have at least two teams with 4 RB's in the lineup and because I want to, not have to.

RB:Kamara 

RB:Lindsay 

Flex:Ingram 

TE: Samuels

i like the rb/te position...we’ll see how it pays off

We start 2 WR/2 RB & 2 flex.

my roster consists of the following RBs:

Fournette, CMC, Conner, Mack, Michel, Carson, Gus Edwards, and now Justin Jackson.

I’ve started 4 RBs many weeks. 

rockaction said:

I've rethought this. He may very well go in my lineup. I saved the FAAB to bid on something like this and might as well take advantage of it.  

eta* He won't. 

I am.

RB Fournette

RB Chubb

Flex Lindsay

Flex Cook

Have Gus and Justin Jackson on the bench.

Also have Lamar Jackson on the bench in favor of the Mitchuation.

This is a first round bye week though so none of that matters.

Unique situation to say the least. Never in my 26 years of FF have I seen it

RB - Justin Jackson (Melvin)

RB - Gus Edwards

Flex - Josh Adams

TE - Jaylen Samuels
I have 2 of the 4....  but lost out on Wilson & Samuels BB Waiver... would have started Samuels along side Chubb & Kamara....  not starting Josh Adams vs Dallas.

PPR league so WR are more valuable (OBJ, B Cooks, D' Hopkins)

Flex = Justin Jackson  & Adam Humphries 

I have 2 of the 4....  but lost out on Wilson & Samuels BB Waiver... would have started Samuels along side Chubb & Kamara....  not starting Josh Adams vs Dallas.

PPR league so WR are more valuable (OBJ, B Cooks, D' Hopkins)

Flex = Justin Jackson  & Adam Humphries 
Yeah I'm thinking of flexing Gronk over Adams @ Dallas as well. That's really not a good matchup and they just haven't targeted him enough to keep him involved if that game script plays out.

starting Samuels at TE feels a little like cheating.  Technically not but doesn't seem right.
Why? He was a RB/WR/TE hybrid in college. At the combine he worked out as a TE.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/3/17073238/jaylen-samuels-position-combine-draft-2018

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaylen-samuels?id=32462018-0002-5599-3042-1fab298cb54e

It's stuff like this that needs to be in his profile thread. People keep saying it's bull for him to be designated as a TE, and many of them aren't aware of his work in college or just don't care.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/3/17073238/jaylen-samuels-position-combine-draft-2018

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaylen-samuels?id=32462018-0002-5599-3042-1fab298cb54e

It's stuff like this that needs to be in his profile thread. People keep saying it's bull for him to be designated as a TE, and many of them aren't aware of his work in college or just don't care.
Because he's playing running back and not Tight end

thankfully in my league the person who picked up Samuels a month ago was eliminated...  

I used Colston as a TE back in the day. 

Been starting 3 RBs all year -- CMC and Lindsay with Cohen in flex -- given Fournette's inability to stay healthy/not get suspended when healthy.

Would LOVE to play all 4, but alas.

What I am hoping for, given that I have a bye this week, is that the Samuels owner loses in the first round so I don't have to face a similar 4-headed hydra in the semis or ship game.

Philosophically I can't argue Yahoo's designation, having had it benefit me twice in the past. 

Realistically, I want to avoid that buzzsaw at all costs.

As an aside, I could have sworn that Yahoo removed Colston's dual designation in-season. My memory is not what it was, though (thanks, legalized weed), so it may have been altered for the next season rather than in-season. Anyone remember conclusively?

I'm in one small league where I'm actually sore they switched Samuels from TE to RB.

My first draft of the year was a 28 round FFPC DE draft in February, so that is a 1.5 PPR to TE's.  My team was thin at TE so I took a stab with my last pick on Samuels who was listed as a TE at the time but that league will switch positions on your prior to beginning of the season to correspond with what the player is listed on the team website.  Considering my lack of depth at TE and that they get 1.5 points per catch I'd far and away prefer if he was still a TE.

I feel the same way as you, so I'm not. 
Moral high ground will not win you championships my friend. I mentioned that it feels "wrong" but that's only semantics. A better word would have been dirty but I'm alright with that. You are playing by the same rules as everyone else so it's all fair. If you want to put your foot down, avoid yahoo or sites that allow for a multi-position designation in the future. Don't do it to your detriment if playing Samuels betters your team.

RB:  Kamara

TE:  Samuels

Flex:  Ingram

Flex:  Lindsay

I'd probably be playing Kerryon in my 3rd flex (as we start 1 RB 1WR 3 Flex) instead of Sutton if he were playing.

All well and good, but he really needs to adopt the nickname of Flex.

All well and good, but he really needs to adopt the nickname of Flex.
"Flex" Samuels... you know what? I like it.

"Flex Samuels with the awesome catch!"

"Nice juke move by the running back Flex Samuels too get past the second line of defense!"

"Flex Samuels running the seam route, goes up over the linebacker in coverage and crosses the plane for a touchdown"

Moral high ground will not win you championships my friend. I mentioned that it feels "wrong" but that's only semantics. A better word would have been dirty but I'm alright with that. You are playing by the same rules as everyone else so it's all fair. If you want to put your foot down, avoid yahoo or sites that allow for a multi-position designation in the future. Don't do it to your detriment if playing Samuels betters your team.
Points noted. Thanks for the input, man. 

I am technically starting 6 RBs based on Yahoo designations. 

WR: C. Patterson 

RB: Zeke

RB: David Johnson

Flex: Cohen

Flex: Lindsay

TE: Samuel's

14 team, large roster, 3 WR sports. This is why Patterson starts. 

First off there is nothing wrong if someone wants to play Samuel at TE since yahoo screwed up.

That said, it's irrelevant what he did before the NFL.  Yahoo had all offseason/preseason to see that PITT drafted him to play RB, not TE.  He wasn't used or designated as a TE in the offseason and preseason.  He's not a TE in the NFL.  We play NFL FF, not college.  

I would except I have a bye, I just lost Sanders as a flex so if I was playing it would be Aaron Jones, Ware, Michel and Jalen Richard. 2 rb and 2 flex

I am technically starting 6 RBs based on Yahoo designations. 

WR: C. Patterson 

RB: Zeke

RB: David Johnson

Flex: Cohen

Flex: Lindsay

TE: Samuel's

14 team, large roster, 3 WR sports. This is why Patterson starts. 
I get that it's 14 teams, I get that it's deep but I am absolutely certain you can take a better stab than Patterson at this point. He was a thing because of NE desperation but that's not the case now. 

I guess I've lived a sheltered FF life running a 1 RB min start (3 max) 2 WR (4 max) 2 flex league for 25 years. I come from the golden age of RBs in the 80's and 90s and starting 4 = mind blown. :oldmanvoice:

I get that it's 14 teams, I get that it's deep but I am absolutely certain you can take a better stab than Patterson at this point. He was a thing because of NE desperation but that's not the case now. 
With multiple flex spots, we can start 4 RBs or 7 WRs (6 if we start 2 TEs)

I have Quincy Enunwa, Zay Jones, Patterson, Kelvin Benjamin, Cooper Kupp, and Marvin Jones. I am trying to pick up John Brown... but, until then... Patterson.

Initially I was contemplating starting Samuels at RB over J White at Flex??? Then I just tried plugging in Samuels at TE over Gronk and it worked.

RB Kamara

RB D Johnson

Flex J White

TE Samuels 

Gronk to bench - that's how low the confidence level is with him nowadays

Wasn't planning on it until I lost OBJ yesterday & Sanders on Wednesday.

A. Jones, Mixon, Ingram rb rb flex Samuel W/T

Users who are viewing this thread