What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sanders replacement (1 Viewer)

beerbuff

Footballguy
So I lost Sanders, who I have been using as a flex player but I have a bye so looking forward to weeks 15 and 16. Tre"quan Smith, Taylor Gabriel and Sammy Watkins were all dropped so they'll be available when waivers clear. Also available are Hamilton, Devante Parker, Zay Jones, Jalen Richard and Duke Johnson.   Whomever I pick up will be a flex player, 1 pt ppr. Rest of my team Aaron Jones, Spencer Ware, Sony Michel, John Kelly, Damien Williams, Rex Burkhead, OBJ, Michael Thomas, DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel. Start 2 rb's, 2 WR's and 3 flex. Starters are in bold.

My thoughts on each: Tre'Quan Smith- Good handcuff to Thomas but hate all his goose eggs. 

Watkins-Will likely put up good numbers but I have Mahomes so I do add more risk by starting a stack.

Gabriel-Has a decent ceiling but pretty pedestrian

Hamilton- Will get some targets but way down on the Broncos pecking order

Parker-With the other Miami wr's struggling/hurt may finally get the opportunity to catch some balls but can he be trusted?

Zay Jones- Besides playing on Buffalo has looked ok recently and with Buffalo cutting some guys he is basically the last man standing there.

Jalen Richard- Decent low teen scorer whose job is secure.

Duke-Good upside but lacking the touches.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I wouldn't trust Watkins.  He has been in an out all year with that foot injury and I wouldn't trust my playoff life on him.  I think a lot has to do if you are looking for floor or ceiling.  For the highest floor in a PPR I would go with Richard.  He has been solid because they are always in catchup mode and he gets a steady floor of receptions. 

I like Zay Jones.  Josh Allen is playing decently and Jones is a part of that.  Not to mention he is the last man standing so to speak with all their WR cuts recently.  I take a flier on Jones.

Someone earlier than me on waivers grabbed Watkins. I ended up with Tre'quan who was my second choice more as insurance for Michael Thomas. I can always dump him for someone if Thomas stays healthy next week if I need to.

beerbuff said:
Someone earlier than me on waivers grabbed Watkins. I ended up with Tre'quan who was my second choice more as insurance for Michael Thomas. I can always dump him for someone if Thomas stays healthy next week if I need to.
Thomas had a full practice yesterday.  I don't think you have to worry about him. 

Users who are viewing this thread