What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

William Barr Thread (1 Viewer)

Do you not find it weird how Mueller's team could never find any Russian collusion proof so they went after folks like Flynn or Stone on perjury?  Yet Clapper, Brennan, and McCabe all commit perjury and are not charged at all.  Hhmmmmmmm
Yeah, it's weird how it's hard to find proof when everyone is lying to you.  Hhmmmmmmmm

Do you not find it weird how Mueller's team could never find any Russian collusion proof so they went after folks like Flynn or Stone on perjury?  Yet Clapper, Brennan, and McCabe all commit perjury and are not charged at all.  Hhmmmmmmm
No.  I don’t find what you claimed weird.

Now...can you please back up your assertion that Mueller's team was corrupt?    You keep avoiding that question as you did a question about claims you made in the Pete thread.  

Barr's possibly (and I emphasize possibly) one of the few guys who can tell Trump to shut up that Trump might listen to.

He pleaded guilty. He then changed counsel and began claiming a conspiracy between the government and his former counsel (who he has claimed was conflicted). For a while, he did that without revoking his guilty plea. I think he has now moved to revoke it. 

FULL DISCLOSURE:  I knew and did some work for Flynn’s former counsel as a young associate. . 
What is your take on the current delay in the Flynn case?  Is a delay to give his old representation firm time to defend the claim of ineffective council something that is typically done?  

He pleaded guilty. He then changed counsel and began claiming a conspiracy between the government and his former counsel (who he has claimed was conflicted). For a while, he did that without revoking his guilty plea. I think he has now moved to revoke it. 

FULL DISCLOSURE:  I knew and did some work for Flynn’s former counsel as a young associate. . 
No worries. That sort of stink washes off pretty fast.  Its long gone by now.

What is your take on the current delay in the Flynn case?  Is a delay to give his old representation firm time to defend the claim of ineffective council something that is typically done?  
Flynn already withdrew that after the judge told him he’d have to waive attorney client privilege, which in turn would’ve meant that DOJ could’ve had access to all that.

Max I might be wrong but what I think happened was that after losing so badly in December (opinion above) Flynn decided to pursue blaming ineffective counsel - which is weird because he probably had the best, most effective counsel of all the Mueller defendants and witnesses and subjects and assorted miscreants and neerdowells that formed the Trump JDA. - Which he did pursue... and then the judge said fine but he'll have to show up and declare that he lied on the record when he swore up and down in court that he had lied before to the FBI and he'll have to waive privilege with communications with his lawyers so the DOJ can provide a response after all... and rather than do that he and his lawyers said NAH at the last second, hence the delayed hearing. Obviously unsure when it will get reset but clearly the strategy is to just keep dreaming up new #### until Trump can pardon him.

Flynn already withdrew that after the judge told him he’d have to waive attorney client privilege, which in turn would’ve meant that DOJ could’ve had access to all that.
I might not have explained the question well.  From this reporting it sounds like one of the reasons for the delay is so his former defense team can respond to the inadequate council claims.  I was wondering if this was a typical thing or not.  Seems irregular. 

Government prosecutor Joycelyn Ballantine filed an unexpected motion Sunday in the case against Michael Flynn for the express purpose of seeking to protect Flynn’s former defense team.

Yes, it’s true and in the prosecutor’s own words: Government prosecutors said in their filing they want “to make certain and clear that counsel [Covington & Burling] may take the necessary steps to vindicate their public reputation by addressing and defending against the defendant’s claims of ineffective assistance of counsel, and equally to vindicate the integrity of this Court’s previous proceedings, the government asks this court to issue the attached proposed order.”

On this day, February 14, 2020, I hereby call on Attorney General William Barr to resign. I trust he will consider my petition scrupulously. This post is serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
On this day, February 14, 2020, I hereby call on Attorney General William Barr to resign. I trust he will consider my petition scrupulously. This post is serious.
I will sign on. I, Ditkaless Wonders, do hereby call upon Attorney General William Barr to immediately resign his post as Attorney General of the United States of America, 

Barr's possibly (and I emphasize possibly) one of the few guys who can tell Trump to shut up that Trump might listen to.
Trump wanted Barr to hold a press conference and announce that Trump was completely exonerated for his "perfect" phone call with Ukraine. 

Barr told him to pound sand. Trump didn't push back. 

Government prosecutors said in their filing they want “to make certain and clear that counsel [Covington & Burling] may take the necessary steps to vindicate their public reputation by addressing and defending against the defendant’s claims of ineffective assistance of counsel, and equally to vindicate the integrity of this Court’s previous proceedings, the government asks this court to issue the attached proposed order.”
Yes, exactly, and the judge agreed with that, so when faced with that Flynn's lawyers blinked and asked for time to respond to that. Hence the hearing got delayed until briefing could end on it, but basically the judge has already agreed with the DOJ by forcing Flynn to do this. Flynn has backed himself into a corner here. He could either back down and confess his ploy was just a delay tactic (and say he is ready to face the music) or he can forge ahead and face having his statements to his lawyers - including lies and confessions both - released to the DOJ. And then magically whoosh who should appear today.

I will sign on. I, Ditkaless Wonders, do hereby call upon Attorney General William Barr to immediately resign his post as Attorney General of the United States of America
I would join but I'm not allowed to sign legal documents any longer. 

So is this your statement of proof?  Finding something “weird”   

So what we have this is one person on a foreign governments payroll while working for our POTUS and has plead guilty vs someone claiming something was “weird” about the Mueller investigation. Yet somehow the former isn’t corrupt but the latter is?  Ok.  

So is this your statement of proof?  Finding something “weird”   

So what we have this is one person on a foreign governments payroll while working for our POTUS and has plead guilty vs someone claiming something was “weird” about the Mueller investigation. Yet somehow the former isn’t corrupt but the latter is?  Ok.  
Odd how again when pressed to back up a baseless claim...poof...a vanishing act.

Barr is a Real American Hero
Fwiw up to now Barr’s track record is covering up Iran Contra, and snuffing out the Mueller report. Right now he’s adding interference in the Stone and Flynn cases and apparently eviscerating the country’s intelligence capacities. - He’s left John Mitchell in the dust, but hopefully he meets the same fate.

Max I might be wrong but what I think happened was that after losing so badly in December (opinion above) Flynn decided to pursue blaming ineffective counsel - which is weird because he probably had the best, most effective counsel of all the Mueller defendants and witnesses and subjects and assorted miscreants and neerdowells that formed the Trump JDA. - Which he did pursue... and then the judge said fine but he'll have to show up and declare that he lied on the record when he swore up and down in court that he had lied before to the FBI and he'll have to waive privilege with communications with his lawyers so the DOJ can provide a response after all... and rather than do that he and his lawyers said NAH at the last second, hence the delayed hearing. Obviously unsure when it will get reset but clearly the strategy is to just keep dreaming up new #### until Trump can pardon him.
If defendants routinely receive harsher sentencing for going through with a trial rather than making a plea deal, why wouldn't the judge consider all of these circumstances at sentencing?  i.e. why wouldn't this rise to the level of guidelines ++ ?

Fwiw up to now Barr’s track record is covering up Iran Contra, and snuffing out the Mueller report. Right now he’s adding interference in the Stone and Flynn cases and apparently eviscerating the country’s intelligence capacities. - He’s left John Mitchell in the dust, but hopefully he meets the same fate.
He didn’t snuff out the Mueller report.  It was released and Mueller was even compelled to testify.  It was discussed ad infinitum before, during and after its release..,mostly before as every piece of “dirt” (read convoluted legal theory mixed with a distortion of facts) they could dig up had already been leaked to the media. 

He didn’t snuff out the Mueller report.  It was released and Mueller was even compelled to testify.  It was discussed ad infinitum before, during and after its release..,mostly before as every piece of “dirt” (read convoluted legal theory mixed with a distortion of facts) they could dig up had already been leaked to the media. 
What I’m referring to is withholding it and substituting his own memo in advance and then the refusal to release underlying evidence for examination by Congress, which is still being sued on.

If defendants routinely receive harsher sentencing for going through with a trial rather than making a plea deal, why wouldn't the judge consider all of these circumstances at sentencing?  i.e. why wouldn't this rise to the level of guidelines ++ ?
Right, I think judges typically do, and it’s also expensive, which makes the behavior all the more unusual unless Flynn & his lawyers think something unusual outside the normal process will happen to make it worthwhile.

What I’m referring to is withholding it and substituting his own memo in advance and then the refusal to release underlying evidence for examination by Congress, which is still being sued on.
He had to hold back on the release so it could be reviewed for redactions related to ongoing matters....that is Mueller’s fault for not doing so...

Not planned....at all 

so we can’t even have a disagreement on whether 7 years or 4 years is an appropriate recommendation without Immediately going nuclear? 

This is insane.
This is a bit of a straw man.  To respond, I think it would help if you were more clear that you understand what the underlying issue(s) is(are) here.

Users who are viewing this thread