What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🦅 EAGLES @ 🤠 COWBOYS: Cowboys win (2 Viewers)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
Let’s go!

My eyes tell me that my beloved Dallas Cowboys should demolish the lowly Eagles like the filthy animals they are but I worry if Red Jesus has the cojones to coach em up again or is this no named linebacker about to make himself a household name? 

Eagles fans tell me about Adams. Isn’t he the kid who’s been banging out long touchdown runs for the Golden Domers the past couple of years? I watched some of him last week and he ran with speed and power. Looks lean though. 

Any idea how you guys plan on playing this? Do you beat the Choking dog Cowboys at their own game by trying to run at us with Adams and hit Ertz a few times or will you go out guns blazing? 

I’m honestly terrified of this game. I do think on paper the Cowboys are better but I the Eagles are going to play with wreckless abandon and as if they don’t have anything to lose.

These are also the games I think Dak shines in and can be the difference maker. I can’t take it, I just want the game to get here and a win!

How about a nice game of chess instead? 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Eagles lines are pretty impressive if they come to play. If Carson plays well they'll play well. If he throws a pick early its over. I think he carries the O and we win.

Amari isn't that good I hope.

Let’s go!

My eyes tell me that my beloved Dallas Cowboys should demolish the lowly Eagles like the filthy animals they are but I worry if Red Jesus has the cojones to coach em up again or is this no named linebacker about to make himself a household name? 

Eagles fans tell me about Adams. Isn’t he the kid who’s been banging out long touchdown runs for the Golden Domers the past couple of years? I watched some of him last week and he ran with speed and power. Looks lean though. 

Any idea how you guys plan on playing this? Do you beat the Choking dog Cowboys at their own game by trying to run at us with Adams and hit Ertz a few times or will you go out guns blazing? 

I’m honestly terrified of this game. I do think on paper the Cowboys are better but I the Eagles are going to play with wreckless abandon and as if they don’t have anything to lose.

These are also the games I think Dak shines in and can be the difference maker. I can’t take it, I just want the game to get here and a win!

How about a nice game of chess instead? 
The Eagles have to stick with the run for the offense to function properly. If Dallas stuffs the run, and Pederson gets frustrated and starts throwing on every down, the Cowboys will get some turnovers. For all the injuries Washington has had, their defense has played pretty good and the Eagles moved on them pretty easily. I think it all comes down to the Eagles offensive line and whether they can open up holes for Adams.

I really hope this game is televised in my area (in PNW and Seahawks play the SNF game) -- love these kinds of games late season where the division is up for grabs and two fairly equal teams (in this case fairly equally mediocre and disappointing to their fan bases this year) are going H2H.

Guess the WAS/NYG game is similar, though this match up just seems more entertaining to watch.

I really hope this game is televised in my area (in PNW and Seahawks play the SNF game) -- love these kinds of games late season where the division is up for grabs and two fairly equal teams (in this case fairly equally mediocre and disappointing to their fan bases this year) are going H2H.

Guess the WAS/NYG game is similar, though this match up just seems more entertaining to watch.
Is it possible for this game to get flexed to prime time? 

I checked the local games here (MD) and I was happy to see both the Ravens and Skins play at 1 so the Cowboys game will be on. 

Dallas is peaking, Eagles are struggling, wentz is off..need a herculean efford to win in Big D against the Boys in a playoff format.

Eagles are doomed. 21-9

i can honestly say i have no idea how this game will go....
The Eagles will take the lead on their last possession. 

Dallas will almost come back and win but fall short. In large part due to Garrett wasting at least 1 and probly 2 timeouts early in the 2nd half 

:oldunsure:

Dallas has a huge advantage on defense and at running back.  Philly has a huge advantage at quarterback and head coach. 

My gut is saying Dallas at home. Not sure the Eagles will score much against the solid Dallas defense. And with Jernigan, Hicks, and half the corners all out on defense, I think that even Prescott will find some success. 

Dallas 20-14

Eagles got a couple CBs back, and that defense might not be as soft as it was a couple of weeks ago. That said, Dallas is still  much more healthy and playing at home. Dallas has a bad/good (depending on perspective) habit of folding when the chips are down and the Eagles are in a must win scenario.

I wouldn't bet a single penny on this game, for a winner, Over/under, or any other silly bets offered. I expect a tough close game in the 24-23 area, but NOTHING would surprise me. A 10-7 result, 38-10 result (in EITHER direction!), or a 45-42 barnburner...NOTHING would shock me here. Gun to my head, I'd say Dallas wins something like 23-17.

The Eagles will take the lead on their last possession. 

Dallas will almost come back and win but fall short. In large part due to Garrett wasting at least 1 and probly 2 timeouts early in the 2nd half 

:oldunsure:
I will be ok with this.

0-6 scale

Dallas 🤠 

QB ***

RB ******

WR ****

TE *

OL***

DL *****

LB *****

DB ****

SP/K ****

Overall * = 35

Eagles 🦅 

QB ****

RB ***

WR *****

TE ****

OL ****

DL ****

LB **

DB**

SP/K ****

Overall * = 32

Coaching is about Equal. I know you Eagles fans think Doug is the bees knees but he lost a lot of help on offense when former Maryland QB Frank Reich left. I think the Cowboys defensive guys Marinelli and Kris Richard are REALLY good and it’s like haveing two defensive coordinators. 

Big balls Doug loves to go for it but Red Jesus has shown he’s not afraid to go for it in certain spots either.

Over under on the Philly special making an appearance? 

0-6 scale

Dallas 🤠 

QB ***

RB ******

WR ****

TE *

OL***

DL *****

LB *****

DB ****

SP/K ****

Overall * = 35

Eagles 🦅 

QB ****

RB ***

WR *****

TE ****

OL ****

DL ****

LB **

DB**

SP/K ****

Overall * = 32

Coaching is about Equal. I know you Eagles fans think Doug is the bees knees but he lost a lot of help on offense when former Maryland QB Frank Reich left. I think the Cowboys defensive guys Marinelli and Kris Richard are REALLY good and it’s like haveing two defensive coordinators. 

Big balls Doug loves to go for it but Red Jesus has shown he’s not afraid to go for it in certain spots either.

Over under on the Philly special making an appearance? 
Decent analogy. Only places I'd argue is giving the Philly o-line more stars than the Dallas o-line, giving Philly DBs 2 stars is generous right now, and only a one star difference between Wentz and Prescott. Other than that, I think you're very close 

The Philly Dline just gave up when there were no CB's and the QB was off. Now that the CB's are back and Wentz looks to be getting his groove back, the whole team could come together tomorrow. 

Or they don't and we fold up and get out the draft prep. 

I have no clue what to expect but I'm going with the former.

YOu will have it.  Pretty much everyone outside of Cali, Detroit, az and Pittsburgh has it.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=14

Deamon said:
What an interesting Eagles/Cowboys debate this has turned into. 

"We're better!" , "No, we're better!"

Has now turned into:

"You're better!" "No You're better!"

It's not so much "you're better" as "we suck worse." Both fan bases are nervous. No one wants to go out on a limb for their respective teams because they've both shown to be unreliable at times this year. 

I think Cowboy fans are waiting for the other shoe to drop with Garrett. Eagles fans know that this year isn't going to have the same magical ending so they are equally guarded about getting their hopes up. It's an interesting psychological study on guarding one's emotions from disappointment. 

It's not so much "you're better" as "we suck worse." Both fan bases are nervous. No one wants to go out on a limb for their respective teams because they've both shown to be unreliable at times this year. 

I think Cowboy fans are waiting for the other shoe to drop with Garrett. Eagles fans know that this year isn't going to have the same magical ending so they are equally guarded about getting their hopes up. It's an interesting psychological study on guarding one's emotions from disappointment. 
100%

I cant take many more soul crushing defeats. There just have been so many for so long. 

Now that it looks like Washington is done Is there any scenario in which either teams loses and still face each other a third time in the playoffs?

You know - like the Cowboys win here and the Eagles get a wildcard and then get to beat us in the inevitable- it’s almost impossible to beat a good team 3 times in a row, game? 

That nightmare scenario sounds familiar. 

Now that it looks like Washington is done Is there any scenario in which either teams loses and still face each other a third time in the playoffs?

You know - like the Cowboys win here and the Eagles get a wildcard and then get to beat us in the inevitable- it’s almost impossible to beat a good team 3 times in a row, game? 

That nightmare scenario sounds familiar. 
I think it'd be a better chance the other way. Eagles win. Eagles win division, Cowboys get a wild card. They hold more tiebreakers than the Eagles do outside of the division.

Users who are viewing this thread