What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🦅 EAGLES @ 🤠 COWBOYS: Cowboys win (2 Viewers)

Cowboysfan8 said:
Dalls is missing All Pros on both sides of the ball. Has Jarwin n Swaim at TE and played a large chunk of the season with Cole Beasley as their best WR

:lol:
Dude..we aren't talking about replacing a couple good players on a couple different units with guys who made the team. We're talking about replacing the entire secondary with free agents, some of whom MADE NO TEAM....not close to the same. But whatever. Wasn't knocking on the Cowboys...they're playing well. Good luck in the playoffs.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Some Eagles fans being sore losers, shocking. 
See...this is frustrating. Nobody here being a sore loser. Most Eagles fans expected a loss today. What's happening is that Eagles fans are pointing out that this Eagles team isn't remotely at full strength on defense, and that Cowboys fans shouldn't be quite so ecstatic to pull off an overtime win over a decimated club. Many of the Eagles fans have been even mildly complimentary..the Cowboys have played very well, their defense is certainly legit, and they could very well win at least one playoff game. Heard a ton last year about injuries from the COwboys, and a quick look at teams recently that have made deep runs shows that teams going deep into the playoffs are usually among the healthiest teams as well.

modogg said:
Is Amari Cooper due for a new contract this off-season? 

answered my own  question: Amari Cooper signed a 4 year contract with the Raiders on May 8, 2015 worth $22,663,120. Cooper received a $14,742,268 signing bonus. The entire contract is fully guaranteed. The Raiders picked up Cooper's 5th year option for 2019. The option is worth $13.924 million and is guaranteed for injury. If he is on the roster on the first day of the 2019 league year  the salary will become fully guaranteed. (from https://overthecap.com/player/amari-cooper/3852)

Dallas OL seems to be getting old quick, and Dak and Zeke will be coming up for contract extensions. All seem to warrant a raise after today, could be interesting the next year or 2
I would never do even 1 minute of research on the eagle salary cap....you’re obsessed...LOL

I read most game threads every week. The eagle fans that post here can only talk about penalty’s and injuries. This isn’t a this year thing either. It’s every year...every game. It’s all there to see...You’re the defending super bowl champs...act like it. 
To be fair they are in uncharted history in what looks to be a fluke. 

See...this is frustrating. Nobody here being a sore loser. Most Eagles fans expected a loss today. What's happening is that Eagles fans are pointing out that this Eagles team isn't remotely at full strength on defense, and that Cowboys fans shouldn't be quite so ecstatic to pull off an overtime win over a decimated club. Many of the Eagles fans have been even mildly complimentary..the Cowboys have played very well, their defense is certainly legit, and they could very well win at least one playoff game. Heard a ton last year about injuries from the COwboys, and a quick look at teams recently that have made deep runs shows that teams going deep into the playoffs are usually among the healthiest teams as well.
That’s completely fair and I understandle how you feel, however it reads like sour grapes when you say congrats and then go on explaining that our team really isn’t very good and there’s nothing to be excited about. 

Just say good game.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Well I’m not going to talk smack to you guys. I think we’re better but you guys are very talented. You’re just coming off a SB slump, lost some coaching and Wentz is returning from his ACL. A letdown year was inevitable. You’ll be in contention next year and you’re still in the wild card hunt I think. 

I didn’t think this years Cowboys team would be much. I thought next year we would have a real shot to be very good. Getting Cooper accelerated that. 

Im not positive we’re going to go far in the playoffs and start talking super bowl but I am starting to believe. They’re winning even though they’re sputtering on offense and making mistakes. They clean some of that stuff up and they could be dangerous.

I didn’t think you guys were great last year either and look what you guys did. 

Good game, Eagles fans.
Looking like the Eagles really missed out on Cooper and wasted a pick on Tate. Of course with our current OC, it might not have mattered anyway. Groh is no Reich. That's pretty obvious based on how the season has gone.

Looking like the Eagles really missed out on Cooper and wasted a pick on Tate. Of course with our current OC, it might not have mattered anyway. Groh is no Reich. That's pretty obvious based on how the season has gone.
I think your receivers were already damn good and Golden Tate was a brilliant move. You moved a 3, got Tate for this year and if he leaves you get your 3rd back. 

I can’t express how happy I am with Cooper. He has the ability but what I like about him more after hearing him talk is that he can read defenses and knows exactly how and what routes hes supposed to run. Super smart player.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read most game threads every week. The eagle fans that post here can only talk about penalty’s and injuries. This isn’t a this year thing either. It’s every year...every game. It’s all there to see...You’re the defending super bowl champs...act like it. 
And you guys have won two playoff games in 23 years. Act like it. Oh wait, you do.

Great comeback :lol:

And he's absolutely right 
And so am I.  You guys are winning one of the worst divisions in recent memory and acting like it's a great accomplishment. Complete with no-class trolling. That's textbook behavior of fans of a team who have had nothing to brag about in a quarter century.  :popcorn:

While I have to admit to being from South Philly, I was a big D fan in the 70's & 80's....  different era (pre JJ duo).   And while I am in the Carolinas now, I do not like the Panthers....  Give me the Saints & Chargers!! 

With that out of the way, the officiating was horrible all weekend... not just this game!  How can they call things 1 way then ignore it 10 min later?  And some of the calls were phantoms.  

Worst officiating game I saw was Clev-Car....  every call in 1st half went Panthers way when the zebras ignored face masks penalties & helmet hits.  Then in the 2nd half, the calls went Clev way... it was like somebody told them to "balance" it out....

Injuries are part of the game... if you are not prepared for them, you won't make it far! 

And so am I.  You guys are winning one of the worst divisions in recent memory and acting like it's a great accomplishment. Complete with no-class trolling. That's textbook behavior of fans of a team who have had nothing to brag about in a quarter century.  :popcorn:
Noones bragging dude lol. We are just happy to beat Philly

And eagles fans are taking #### this year cuz they gave it last yr. Put your big girl panties on and take it 

Nobody is bragging. You’re just a sore loser apparently. Of course we’re happy we won last night. Why wouldn’t we be? We’re fully aware that the division is bad and this isn’t some grand feat but what was the alternative, we lose the game? Cowboys have a chance at 11 wins so they have more time to assert themselves atop this awful division.

It would probably be best if you avoid Cowboys fans and Cowboys threads for awhile since you lack the maturity to deal.

unclassy post.  :thumbup:
Maybe so Deamon, but so are the tiresome crying and whining about your injuries, when Dallas is also missing 3/5ths of its Oline, a pro bowl stud LB who is the QB of defense, and two key defensive lineman- but yet is seldom brought up. A couple of you guys get that injuries are on all teams, but the majority beech and moan every week about the refs being paid by Jerry, the NFL is out to get you, and you only lose because your team has polio. Some of you are REALLLLLLYYYY being sore losers for a group that accomplished an amazing and well deserved feat last year. Don't tarnish it by being whiners. Wentz is a great QB who is struggling; but Prescott is also not the "5th best QB in the East" as some of you guys claim. When it was time to put up, he has. Rocky and wild ride- yes. But he's getting the job done. How about both sides class it up a bit in game threads? You could also call out some of the idiocy of a couple of your conspiracy theorist as well.😉

Nobody is bragging. You’re just a sore loser apparently. Of course we’re happy we won last night. Why wouldn’t we be? We’re fully aware that the division is bad and this isn’t some grand feat but what was the alternative, we lose the game? Cowboys have a chance at 11 wins so they have more time to assert themselves atop this awful division.

It would probably be best if you avoid Cowboys fans and Cowboys threads for awhile since you lack the maturity to deal.
ROFL.  Lack maturity. That's golden. You should probably study Bankerguy's posts for about a week and learn how to have a little class. You have been a tool since I've been on this board. I'm almost hoping you guys actually don't choke for once just to see if it improves your posting.

ROFL.  Lack maturity. That's golden. You should probably study Bankerguy's posts for about a week and learn how to have a little class. You have been a tool since I've been on this board. I'm almost hoping you guys actually don't choke for once just to see if it improves your posting.
Jesus dude. You sound unhinged. You’re in odd fellow and that you accuse others of doing exactly what you do all the time.  Way to talk about class and then display your lack of class.

You sound like a small, bitter man. It’s just a game dude. None of us have stock in the NFL. 

Take a break from the internet for a few days. 

can we at least correct the names of the teams. It is the Philadelphia Eagles and should be the Arlington Cowboys. Let's start there..... :P

As I get older I just avoid 90% of these kinds of threads. It’s not life and death, it’s Football. 

I also think, Im a bit weird in that I enjoy talking to other fan bases - when it’s civil and about ball. 

Heck, Even some of the guys in our Cowboys threads are “on” me for not slurping Dak. I think the Cowboys are a young good not great team that is a QB and a good HC away from being a true true contender. 

I don't think anyone is calling the Cowboys great. They've got a lot to prove, but I absolutely love their age/talent ratio & they're in good shape with the cap.

Dak & Clapper are the two big question marks. Clapper will never be an asset, but I did like the OT call to go for it on 4th down. Maybe he's learning & I actually saw him chewing somebody out last week (surprising, I know). As far as Dak, he may or may not be our long-term starter.

Maybe so Deamon, but so are the tiresome crying and whining about your injuries, when Dallas is also missing 3/5ths of its Oline, a pro bowl stud LB who is the QB of defense, and two key defensive lineman- but yet is seldom brought up. A couple of you guys get that injuries are on all teams, but the majority beech and moan every week about the refs being paid by Jerry, the NFL is out to get you, and you only lose because your team has polio. Some of you are REALLLLLLYYYY being sore losers for a group that accomplished an amazing and well deserved feat last year. Don't tarnish it by being whiners. Wentz is a great QB who is struggling; but Prescott is also not the "5th best QB in the East" as some of you guys claim. When it was time to put up, he has. Rocky and wild ride- yes. But he's getting the job done. How about both sides class it up a bit in game threads? You could also call out some of the idiocy of a couple of your conspiracy theorist as well.😉
Much more worthy of you ;)

Lot of classless behavior and posting from both sides. Not a fan of the constant bashing. FWIW, Vander-esch (sp?) has been a more then competent replacement at LB...homerun there. Him and Cooper are the reasons Dallas is in a position to win the East.

Agree to an extent on the injuries.  Injuries do happen (we had a ton of them last year too, but had depth), but this year is pretty unheard of (Even the philly-hating announcing crew last night said how unheard of it is how many starters we've had at cb this year... may even be an nfl record?).  I don't see what that's not allowed to be discussed... there was certainly many Dallas fans talking about that in previous years about their team. 

Sometimes it just seems like you fans (usually not you in particular) just look for any reason you can to take a jab.  A complete nonsense OPI call in a crucial part of the game... should we just shrug it off and say "ah well, bad calls both ways".  As a fan base we are obviously upset that the season hasn't gone how we want it to.  Shouldn't we discuss the reasons why?  When discussing why a team is struggling, its easy for a rival teams fans to just say "It's cause they just suck!"  They're overrated!  They're a fluke!".  But obviously many things go into our record this year.  Injuries are one of them, I don't know why everyone acts like it's so taboo to mention that in the list of reasons, or acts like its 'whiney' to discuss it as a reason.  There's also other reasons:  Bounces not going our way, players like Tate/Aghalor/Alshon not having good years, Perhaps a bit of a lack of fire since winning the sb, etc.

As for talking about Dallas sucking, I think a lot of it is in response to immature troll posts from fans bragging about that win.  All week both fan bases were nervous, modest, and complimentary of each other.  Then Dallas wins the game and suddenly trash talk comes out.  It's odd how modest and non confrontational many Dallas fans can be when they're worried about a loss, or losing, but a switch flips the second they win.  Like renesauz mentioned, almost every Philly fan in here thought going into this game that given the state of both teams right now, Dallas was better and SHOULD have won the game last night.  You say we should be happy with our sb win and just enjoy it with class, why can't you guys do that about last night's win?  Anyways, you're usually one of the better ones, and even some of the ones I've gotten into arguments with have shown some flashes of class.  It's unfortunate it's not always like that.

Agree to an extent on the injuries.  Injuries do happen (we had a ton of them last year too, but had depth), but this year is pretty unheard of (Even the philly-hating announcing crew last night said how unheard of it is how many starters we've had at cb this year... may even be an nfl record?).  I don't see what that's not allowed to be discussed... there was certainly many Dallas fans talking about that in previous years about their team. 

Sometimes it just seems like you fans (usually not you in particular) just look for any reason you can to take a jab.  A complete nonsense OPI call in a crucial part of the game... should we just shrug it off and say "ah well, bad calls both ways".  As a fan base we are obviously upset that the season hasn't gone how we want it to.  Shouldn't we discuss the reasons why?  When discussing why a team is struggling, its easy for a rival teams fans to just say "It's cause they just suck!"  They're overrated!  They're a fluke!".  But obviously many things go into our record this year.  Injuries are one of them, I don't know why everyone acts like it's so taboo to mention that in the list of reasons, or acts like its 'whiney' to discuss it as a reason.  There's also other reasons:  Bounces not going our way, players like Tate/Aghalor/Alshon not having good years, Perhaps a bit of a lack of fire since winning the sb, etc.

As for talking about Dallas sucking, I think a lot of it is in response to immature troll posts from fans bragging about that win.  All week both fan bases were nervous, modest, and complimentary of each other.  Then Dallas wins the game and suddenly trash talk comes out.  It's odd how modest and non confrontational many Dallas fans can be when they're worried about a loss, or losing, but a switch flips the second they win.  Like renesauz mentioned, almost every Philly fan in here thought going into this game that given the state of both teams right now, Dallas was better and SHOULD have won the game last night.  You say we should be happy with our sb win and just enjoy it with class, why can't you guys do that about last night's win?  Anyways, you're usually one of the better ones, and even some of the ones I've gotten into arguments with have shown some flashes of class.  It's unfortunate it's not always like that.

I agree totally. The injury bug is on both teams, and Philly a bit more. Dallas drafted very well (LVE for glass legs Sean Lee , etc) so they have been better covered for such things. I think you would agree that grabbing a TE in the second when you had other needs now looks like the wrong move. Hey, we took Taco Somebody one year. It costs us a true player.... He sucks. 

I also agree the OPI was horrible and incorrect. The refs are failing us all, but that play even Ray Charles could see that wasn't OPI. Nothing wrong with griping and some of us agreed. However, check the post and you will find the same Philly doosh nozzles saying that Jerry paid the refs, or the NFL wants Dallas to win. C'mon man. That crapola gets so old and comes off as sore losers too.

As far as saying Dallas should win- NO TRUE fan should ever think a rival this big is a gimme for either.

I agree totally. The injury bug is on both teams, and Philly a bit more. Dallas drafted very well (LVE for glass legs Sean Lee , etc) so they have been better covered for such things. I think you would agree that grabbing a TE in the second when you had other needs now looks like the wrong move. Hey, we took Taco Somebody one year. It costs us a true player.... He sucks. 

I also agree the OPI was horrible and incorrect. The refs are failing us all, but that play even Ray Charles could see that wasn't OPI. Nothing wrong with griping and some of us agreed. However, check the post and you will find the same Philly doosh nozzles saying that Jerry paid the refs, or the NFL wants Dallas to win. C'mon man. That crapola gets so old and comes off as sore losers too.

As far as saying Dallas should win- NO TRUE fan should ever think a rival this big is a gimme for either.
Ya both teams have some guys hurt for sure.  I just don't know why discussing it as one of the 'reasons' the team is losing is somehow turned into a negative "excuse" when opposing fans look for something to mock a team/fanbase for.  It's a completely valid reason, and is one of the main reasons we aren't as good this year.  It's okay to talk about that.

I guess I didn't see as much of the "pay off the refs" stuff as you did.  Maybe by 1 poster, but I think the VAST majority of Eagles fans on here don't think the refs were actually financially compensated for making bad calls.  It was just a couple ####ty calls, that I doubt they made on purpose.  But that still really affected the game.  Should have been a 7-0 lead to start the game.  Hate when games are POTENTIALLY decided like that.  Oh well.

Not a 'gimme", but the way Dallas is playing right now, especially on defense, and the players we are starting out there right now, plus the home field advantage, I was very surprised to be in that game last night.  Dallas is simply better right now.  Still think Dallas would have won the div even if we won yesterday though.  Schedule is much easier moving forward.  I'm just happy that it's you guys that now have to play the Saints and Rams in reg season next year and not us haha.

I don't know why you and Deamon continue this with these guys. It's obvious they can't stand we won a SB and just putting on a hey look at us act to stay relevant to some degree. They are like the annoying little nat that keeps buzzing in your face

I agree that the NFL is not rigged or favoring Dallas but man that opening fumble overturn makes you question a lot of things about the NFL.  The only thing I can think of is that the refs had a collective brain fart.  At least I'm hoping that's it..........

To be fair from the Cowboys side of things- I think there have been quite a few Dallas posters who have started posting more recently and I can see how some of their comments would ruffle your feathers (pun intended, sorry). 

I think that sets off some of your fans and then we all start reacting. 

I feel a lot like you do. I feel like some of your posters make snide remarks and suggest that your team is superior. 

I think a lot of it has to do with the team rivalry. I mean we’re complete opposites and plain don’t like or have respect for each other. You guys have been good for a good chunk of time but we feel we are a superior organization. You’re resentful of our (ancient) history and we’re resentful of your recent super bowl and don’t think you deserve it.

A lot of our posts are dripping with that hatred and it doesn’t take much to drop the civilities. 

I’ll make a conscience effort to dial back the sarcasm and try to pour water on the fires in the future. Im trying my best to not let some posters get under my skin. I’ve put the one lunatic on ignore and think that will help. 

On to the next terrifying game which could submarine the entire thing and let you guys back into the mix. Week to week league and all.

Still not getting the criticism of drafting Goedert. We've been over it a bunch of times, and TE was definitely high on the list of needs. And NOBODY could predict that many injuries to the same unit. NO TEAM has anywhere remotely close to enough depth to overcome losing 4 of their top 5 DBs and then a couple others along the way. That's not a depth issue that could ever be planned for. And I guess that's why Philly fans are a bit frustrated by the "suck it up" and "Injuries happen to everyone" stuff....because while they happen to every team, they rarely hit that badly to one unit. It isn't a normal thing that teams should be able to overcome...NOBODY could overcome this particular rash.

NFL teams are 1-73 all time when incurring 100 penalty yards, allowing three touchdown passes, and losing the turnover battle by two or more.
The one victory was Dallas over Philly yesterday.

Our defense totally won that game. Dak sucked.

renesauz said:
Still not getting the criticism of drafting Goedert. We've been over it a bunch of times, and TE was definitely high on the list of needs. And NOBODY could predict that many injuries to the same unit. NO TEAM has anywhere remotely close to enough depth to overcome losing 4 of their top 5 DBs and then a couple others along the way. That's not a depth issue that could ever be planned for. And I guess that's why Philly fans are a bit frustrated by the "suck it up" and "Injuries happen to everyone" stuff....because while they happen to every team, they rarely hit that badly to one unit. It isn't a normal thing that teams should be able to overcome...NOBODY could overcome this particular rash.
I’m a proponent of injuries can never be an excuse. That said, it’s hard to overcome a lot of injuries within the same unit. It’s ok to discuss how it affects things, but football is a violent sport & injuries are part of the game.

To be fair, you guys started having problems with your secondary early in the season before all the injuries. From what I could tell (albeit, not dialed in like yourself & other Philly homers), the secondary was your biggest weakness going into the season.

Either way, you guys have a good team that’s had some bad luck. It happens. Trust me when I say nobody’s going to feel sorry for you, LOL. Same thing when we were without our best skill player & an All-Pro LT last season. It rendered us inept.

Bottom line is it doesn’t take much to get a team off track. 

I’m a proponent of injuries can never be an excuse. That said, it’s hard to overcome a lot of injuries within the same unit. It’s ok to discuss how it affects things, but football is a violent sport & injuries are part of the game.

To be fair, you guys started having problems with your secondary early in the season before all the injuries. From what I could tell (albeit, not dialed in like yourself & other Philly homers), the secondary was your biggest weakness going into the season.

Either way, you guys have a good team that’s had some bad luck. It happens. Trust me when I say nobody’s going to feel sorry for you, LOL. Same thing when we were without our best skill player & an All-Pro LT last season. It rendered us inept.

Bottom line is it doesn’t take much to get a team off track. 
Hmmm.... we were without our best skill player (Wentz) and all pro LT last season and we won the Super Bowl!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just like Cowboy fans for 20 years, I am living in the past.

Hmmm.... we were without our best skill player (Wentz) and all pro LT last season and we won the Super Bowl!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just like Cowboy fans for 20 years, I am living in the past.
I hear ya, LOL, but that illustrates my point. Much of the NFL game is surviving injuries & we couldn't do it last season. This year, with better OL depth, we've managed to overcome some critical injuries to that unit.

As far as living in the past, only Super Bowl champions care about the previous seasons (whatever year they were earned). Each season is it's own entity & other teams just don't give a ####. Nobody else cares about our 5 rings & nobody but Philly cares about last season.

Users who are viewing this thread