What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jackson versus Ekeler this week (1 Viewer)

Sasgaard

Footballguy
Tough one for me this week because I got both but only have to start one. It's a PPR so most likely gonna start Ekeler but man, I think it's really close between the two and it depends on Ekeler's success early on. If he struggles on his first few carries, I think we are going to see a whole lot of Jackson....

Ekeler is just not an every down back....Jackson fits the job better.

Ekeler will be in on passing downs and get at least 10-12 rushes.

The Bengals looked pitiful vs the Broncos.

I happen to have both Ekeler and Jackson so I'm starting one as a running back and the other in my flex.

If I had to start one though, I'd go Ekeler.

Tough call. I saw this quote yesterday

"[Ekeler's] wearing down a little bit. He's a core special teams guy for us and he's played a lot of running back for us," coach Anthony Lynn said. "So he's a little tired. You might see Justin play a little bit more, you might see [Detrez] Newsome play some this week."

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

"[Ekeler's] wearing down a little bit. He's a core special teams guy for us and he's played a lot of running back for us," coach Anthony Lynn said. "So he's a little tired. You might see Justin play a little bit more, you might see [Detrez] Newsome play some this week."

That's great info I did not see any other place, thanks for posting.

yeah, just saw that as well, might make Jackson the best RB this weekend. If the Chargers are ahead fast, we might see a lot of Jackson this week.

Fantastic. That will temper expectations. I have a bye in the two leagues I own Ekeler and Gordon so my hands are tied right now. Interested to see how this shakes out. 

yeah, just saw that as well, might make Jackson the best RB this weekend. If the Chargers are ahead fast, we might see a lot of Jackson this week.
I see Jackson getting the majority of the carries but a part of me thinks Ekeler is gonna have 7 or 8 receptions. 

Both should be fine plays.  Wouldn't stress between each one.  I have both and am playing eckler.  Ppr

I think both will be reasonable starts, but recent “wear down” comments & fresh legs has me leaning Jackson as more upside. They want to save Ekeler for playoffs since Gordon will be back to displace Jackson. 

If I had to pick only 1, that for me is Jackson this week 

Jackson looked pretty good to me last week. If I was a gambling man (tee hee) I'd still lean EK...something tells me the Chargers want to trust him with the ball. He's not quite a vet but it's as close as they get. I think Jackson shows he's worth a look again, but this week carries and looks go to EK. They really have to know if he can carry the load once and a while or move on. He's not a number one like Gordon but should at least be a #2A. This one might show what's what. Jackson is talented and showed that twice. EK has been in all year and showed he can be relied on. Jmo.

I don't feel like there is a wrong choice here. Ekeler has shown what he can do, given the opportunity, and the Chargers are really high on Jackson. He has shown that he can handle a heavy work load in college at Northwestern. Plus, Cincy's defense is abysmal, especially against the run.

The Chargers should easily win this game, which will lead to more second-half touches by both RBs. In the leagues where I have them both, I am starting (and expecting double-digit scoring from) them both.

I’ve seen these guys play exactly once and it was last week against the Steelers. I was shocked at how quick, shifty, and effective Jackson was, and equally surprised at how pedestrian Ekeler looked. Small sample but a stark difference in skill level. 

I’ve seen these guys play exactly once and it was last week against the Steelers. I was shocked at how quick, shifty, and effective Jackson was, and equally surprised at how pedestrian Ekeler looked. Small sample but a stark difference in skill level. 
Yeah, I'm really struggling with this one this week because I lost Gordon and OBJ and I gotta chose between of the two and it scaring me....I'm starting ekeler but my gut feeling tells me Jackson is going to be the best of the two...he's just a more natural runner than Ekeler. I think Jackson ends up with more points than Ekeler even in PPR but the safest play is ekeler....tough one though.

Jackson looks like he runs bigger, if that even makes sense.  Theyre both around 5'10 and 200 lbs, but Jackson just looks more like a runner.

Ekeler has a pretty good track record at this point.  The Chargers probably aren't throwing it out on the basis of his first six or eight carries last week.  (I think he goes off today.)

I think you also need to consider this week's scoreboard and next week's opponent.

If the Chargers blow out the Bengals, as everyone expects, then Jackson should get all the late-game work.  But if it's a close game then hot hand will rule the day.

Their next game is Thursday night against the Chiefs in a very crucial game for the Chargers.  They're talking about Gordon being back but personally I doubt it.  (My wife's a nurse which is the full extent of my medical expertise).  I think they'll want to lean on Ekeler in that one, which would be another reason to use Ekeler less this week to keep him as fresh as possible for Thursday.

I'm leaving Jackson out of those 3 as I need to start 2 ( I lost Gordon and OBJ), Michel, Ekeler and Jackson. But honestly, not feeling great about it. I also think that Chargers go up big early and therefore we will see a lot of Jackson.  Leaving him on my bench might piss me off today....lol

I know anything can happen, but this game has a 49 pt O/U and LA is -15.  For all intents and purposes, this should be a blood bath.  Rivers has thrown 7 of his 28 TDs to either Gordon or Ekeler.  I think both these guys can go for 100 combined and a TD. 

i'm trying to choose between jackson and ingram....i want to start jackson but if he gets 12 carries it might  be a really low floor.

Have to pick 2 out of eckler, Jackson, and Ware.  Think I'm going to play both sd rbs
This is what I did.  Even in a total points run, I feel this is the safest play, and I'm just hoping to not get too far behind and maybe get Gordon back next week.  

Pick the wrong LA RB and Ware doesn't perform, and you are pretty much down and out.

And FTR, back in the week Gordon got hurt, I had started Gordon AND Ekeler and netted almost 50 points.  There is plenty of room for both to go off, but at a minimum, I think one of them will.

Small sample size though and I think last week had more to do with game flow than anything else as the Steelers were killing it on both sides of the ball in the first half before momentum totally did a 180 in the second half on both sides. Jackson looked good but Ekeler has a more convincing track record overall in the pros, and is also the better athlete overall (comparing combine/pro days). I think he handles Cincy with relative ease.

This is what I did.  Even in a total points run, I feel this is the safest play, and I'm just hoping to not get too far behind and maybe get Gordon back next week.  

Pick the wrong LA RB and Ware doesn't perform, and you are pretty much down and out.

And FTR, back in the week Gordon got hurt, I had started Gordon AND Ekeler and netted almost 50 points.  There is plenty of room for both to go off, but at a minimum, I think one of them will.
Hoping theres 2 TD at least in Chargers backfield.  Gotta start both I think

Sooooo... Jackson could find himself in a spot as the bellcow against KC with Ekeler looking like he is out and Melvin Gordon iffy.

If Jackson goes and the other two don’t play, guy is a must start, no?

Sooooo... Jackson could find himself in a spot as the bellcow against KC with Ekeler looking like he is out and Melvin Gordon iffy.

If Jackson goes and the other two don’t play, guy is a must start, no?
Newsome still exists. And JJ didn't have a very good game this week. Could go back to around a 50/50 split.

Users who are viewing this thread