What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darrell Henderson, LAR (2 Viewers)

You can spare me your lecture on football, thanks.  

I know when to pat someone on the head and patronize them by giving them a cookie. 

I'll go out on a limb and say Schefter knows more on this subject than you.
You're hard to agree with on anything for me but some ESPN Twitter guy knows what about football?

I'm wondering if any of the guys in this thread want to retract their pro-Gurley, anti-Henderson stance...now that the news has supported what I and many other have been stating for the past month?

Serious questions about football, not trying to be snarky.   I'm curious if the anti-Henderson crowd is changing their mind as the "experts" get into the game several weeks late in favor of Henderson.

In my early May draft the top 6 were Jacob's, Sanders, Hockenson, Harry, Montgomery, Fant.

I am still glad I "reached" a bit for Henderson at 7.  It wouldnt be a reach right now I would Imagine.

BTW, I don't think the Rams took Henderson with the intention he'd EVER carry them. He was drafted to fill a role & they've actually been unusually clear about that. McVay has been looking for a COP since he got there. They signed Lance Dunbar in 2017 & were high on Hines & Ito Smith last year, but got sniped.

Remember, McVay & company could care less about FF.
Do you still feel this way in light of recent media reports that echo what I and others have been saying?

It remains to be seen how much usage Henderson gets, but a possible FLEX start here & there in a PPR? Sure.

Depth is more important than ever in FF. It's very unlikely he'll produce enough to be considered an every week starter, though. 
Do you still agree with this statement you made two weeks ago?

Do you still agree with this post you made just a few weeks ago?
really? you are that guy huh? yeah, I still believe once the season starts, Gurley will be Todd Gurley. If I'm wrong and he's more seriously hurt than we know, I expect Henderson to be a big part of the offense. I drafted him in 4 leagues for that reason. Don't gloat, it makes you look like a dhole. Just sayin' 

Draft capital is the most accurate predictive tool we have. Using anecdotes to circumvent this tool in favor of your pet rb, that's cherry picking. I dont think this type of bucking the trend deserves a pat on the back.

Though, if somebody really knows their ####, maybe using draft status is just holding them back. In which case, he should probably stop wasting his time in the SP. Instead try working his way into an a front office somwhere, better use of his talents you know.
As Henderson skyrockets up "experts" rankings and ADP...

Are you still holding true to your "draft capital" ranking of Henderson?

To me, he's draftable, but ideally as a guy who falls to you in the second rather than a guy you position yourself to grab in the first. The risk/reward equation isn't too scary there because missing on a healthy chunk of your 2nd round rookie picks is to be expected given the quality of players typically available in that range.
 Care to revisit this statement?

Getting cute on draft day is taking Henderson 1.01.

It's not MY narrative and it IS what's most likely.  Jacobs is a first round draft pick with only the corpse of Doug Martin to compete with for carries.  Henderson is a 3rd round pick with Todd Gurley ahead of him on the depth chart. This isn't rocket science.  Jacobs is the runaway favorite between the two to get off to a good start and have more value quickly.
Still standing by this?

Are you trying to look like the silliest human ever if Henderson were to not do much on the field?
I took a strong stance on Henderson several weeks ago before it was trendy.  I stated he should be ranked higher than Jacobs.  It's very possible I'm wrong and it is still a contrarian view, but based on value I in redrafts and best balls I don't think it has been even close.  Henderson is clearly the greater value.

My curiosity is whether posters in this forum are now more on board with Henderson than they were two weeks ago now that several respected media outlets are reporting relevant news, or are the posters in this thread sticking to their guns.(aka the posts I'm quoting)

I took a strong stance on Henderson several weeks ago before it was trendy.  I stated he should be ranked higher than Jacobs.  It's very possible I'm wrong and it is still a contrarian view, but based on value I in redrafts and best balls I don't think it has been even close.  Henderson is clearly the greater value.

My curiosity is whether posters in this forum are now more on board with Henderson than they were two weeks ago now that several respected media outlets are reporting relevant news, or are the posters in this thread sticking to their guns.(aka the posts I'm quoting)
What does any of that have to do with making yourself look like a giant tool?  I mean, seriously.  What are you doing?

I don't report people, but you need to tone it down.  

To answer your question, I'm discussing fantasy football topics.
Really? All those posts calling out people asking them if they still feel that way??? Those were football topic posts?

You are making the rest of us pro Henderson people look bad with the poor taste sarcasm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still standing by this?
It's pretty hilarious you're taking victory laps based on...um...new information?  No, that's not it.  Performance on the field?  Wrong again.  Literally nothing has changed except now DH's value is up where it should have been all along, a mid first rounder along with several other prospects to choose from.

Pretty arrogant to roll in here quoting a bunch of people, none of whom's arguments you seem to understand, when the landscape is exactly as it was a month ago.

I feel exactly the same as I have from the start.  He's an interesting player,  a guy I like, who has some serious question marks but a lot of potential.  Separately, anytime you go all in on a player in dynasty and take them above value, whether rookie pick or trade, you better be really really right.  Just like when NFL teams trade up in the draft (yes, I see the irony, another reason why I liked him to begin with), you are exchanging several assets for a single one.  There's not any room for error at that point.  Sometimes you end up with Julio Jones, sometimes you end up with Sammy Watkins.  Generally speaking, it's not a good practice.

Pretty arrogant to roll in here quoting a bunch of people, none of whom's arguments you seem to understand, when the landscape is exactly as it was a month ago.
You believe this?

Because trending ADP and industry discussion disagrees with you.

You believe this?
You don't?  I mean seriously, you don't?  It's just media heads talking about what we already knew.  If you or anyone else didn't realize in February that Gurley had a knee problem and was in for a sizeable reduction in workload I don't know what to tell you.

The important question remains, which is how healthy is he with rest and how much of a workload reduction are we talking about.  Did somebody answer those questions?  Oh okay.  Carry on then.

Two huge prongs of evaluation here.  How good is Henderson and to what extent will Gurley be able to ball.  Neither have any semblance of an answer that wasn't present a month or three ago.

You don't?  I mean seriously, you don't?  It's just media heads talking about what we already knew.  If you or anyone else didn't realize in February that Gurley had a knee problem and was in for a sizeable reduction in workload I don't know what to tell you.

The important question remains, which is how healthy is he with rest and how much of a workload reduction are we talking about.  Did somebody answer those questions?  Oh okay.  Carry on then.

Two huge prongs of evaluation here.  How good is Henderson and to what extent will Gurley be able to ball.  Neither have any semblance of an answer that wasn't present a month or three ago.
So what is your take on the this story published 3 days ago?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/01/glazer-todd-gurleys-knee-is-a-concern/

To be clear, you hold the exact same opinion now as you did 1 month ago regarding Gurley/Henderson?

So what is your take on the this story published 3 days ago?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/01/glazer-todd-gurleys-knee-is-a-concern/

To be clear, you hold the exact same opinion now as you did 1 month ago regarding Gurley/Henderson?
Are you going to actually offer anything after quoting 7 people, or just keep trolling?

OH MY GOD.  STOP THE PRESSES.  GURLEYS KNEE IS A CONCERN.

This does not qualify as breaking news.  It's rehashing to the mainstream.

What about this article published yesterday?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032614/article/rams-rb-todd-gurley-wont-be-bell-cow-going-forward?campaign=Twitter_atn

Are you going to actually offer anything after quoting 7 people, or just keep trolling?

OH MY GOD.  STOP THE PRESSES.  GURLEYS KNEE IS A CONCERN.

This does not qualify as breaking news.  It's rehashing to the mainstream.
I just posted two article from reputable sources over the past 4 days DIRECTLY related to the topic and you are dismissing that news.

I don't know what else to say.  :shrug:

I just posted two article from reputable sources over the past 4 days DIRECTLY related to the topic and you are dismissing that news.

I guess when he only got 10 carries in the freaking Super Bow l thought it might just be a harbinger of things to come.  My bad.  

Again, what's the news?  Anything new and verifiable about the knee?  

I guess when he only got 10 carries in the freaking Super Bow l thought it might just be a harbinger of things to come.  My bad.  

Again, what's the news?  Anything new and verifiable about the knee?  
Nope.  There is nothing new.  Just more people talking about it.  That's all.

Jesus dude, you could go back to February and find exactly the same article.  There's absolutely no reason to go post by post and write "you feeling it now Mr Krabs?" just to rile up everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Ps - if I couldn't trade down from 4 to 7 I would have taken Henderson at 4, so it's not even like I disagree with you.

Jesus dude, you could go back to February and find exactly the same article.  There's absolutely no reason to go post by post and write "you feeling it now Mr Krabs?" just to rile up everyone who doesn't agree with you.
Seriously not trying to rile up folks, I am interested in whether opinions are changing as the Henderson/Gurley ff community  dialogue evolves.  :shrug:

The recent blurbs have increased the hype though they have provided no new information.  ADP has been rising because people have figured out there is no chance to wait till the end of round 1 or early round 2 to get Henderson any more.  

They said Gurley wouldnt play in the preseason?  Shocker.  Did he play last year?  If so he shouldn't have.  

Getting cute on draft day is taking Henderson 1.01.

It's not MY narrative and it IS what's most likely.  Jacobs is a first round draft pick with only the corpse of Doug Martin to compete with for carries.  Henderson is a 3rd round pick with Todd Gurley ahead of him on the depth chart. This isn't rocket science.  Jacobs is the runaway favorite between the two to get off to a good start and have more value quickly.
Still standing by this?
I’m not sure what’s changed here.  Gurley is still in front of him and Jacobs is still likely to be the lead.  

Side note, as a Rams fan I’m all for whom ever helps us win.  No Henderson hate at all, actually am excited about him but Gurley’s not dead for christ’s sake. 

I’m not sure what’s changed here.  Gurley is still in front of him and Jacobs is still likely to be the lead.  

Side note, as a Rams fan I’m all for whom ever helps us win.  No Henderson hate at all, actually am excited about him but Gurley’s not dead for christ’s sake. 
The question is not what has "changed".

The recent news is more about how the Gurley troubles have been re-enforced by major media outlets.   Rappaport and Glazer are two of the biggest names in the business fellas.  The news from those guys can influence.  I already had Henderson #! overall out of the rookies so it didn't change anything for me...but now I see Henderson going much earlier in best balls and redrafts vs. just 1 month ago.   I simply want to know if the Gurley-truthers and Henderson haters in this forum are changing their mind.  

The recent news is how the Gurley troubles have been re-enforced by major media outlets.   Rappaport and Glazer are two of the biggest names in the business fellas.
Yet they are somehow late to the captain obvious party.

The recent news is more about how the Gurley troubles have been re-enforced by major media outlets.   Rappaport and Glazer are two of the biggest names in the business fellas.  The news from those guys can influence.  I already had Henderson #! overall out of the rookies so it didn't change anything for me...but now I see Henderson going much earlier in best balls and redrafts vs. just 1 month ago.   I simply want to know, if the Gurley-truthers in this forum are changing their mind.  
There is no doubt this will continue to drive up DH’s draft position and zap some of his value.  Pre-season snaps will do it again as I’m sure he’ll flash and Gurley not getting any looks will continue the news cycle.  But Brown is still there and the team love him.  DH has a lot of hurtles to jump over to truly be worth much this year.   

Further confirmation that Gurleys knee is not good and that the Rams are really excited about Henderson. 
Sure, so nothing.  The spin cycle is going to spin.  It will continue to all the way though the early part of the season.  Gurley’s hurt. We all knew that, just look at the Gurley thread from the end of the regular season last year.  Lots of us were on record saying it.  

Over at the DLF website there is a guy who has a history of being pretty accurate on rookie RBs, has planted his flag and is calling Henderson “fool’s gold”.  

Got Henderson in 4 of my 6 drafts I have done so far this year.  Picks 7 (with Ghostguy), 11 (traded 22 and 24 to get him), 12 and 15 (This was IDP).

The 2 leagues I didn't get him I had pick 23 (traded my 1st last year) and the other I had pick 19 and of course Henderson fell all the way to 18 and got taken right in front of me.   :kicksrock:

I spent the good part of 4 hours trying to deal up to 16 then 17 then 18 to get him.  I offered 22 and 24 for 18 no dice.  Apparently I should have offered up 19 and 22........

Pretty sure dynasty delorean liked nobody from this draft class except Barnes and Armstead That tells you all.you need to know 

Probably this one 

You don’t really believe that nobody in the forum has ever posted “fool’s gold” before, right?

Edit: Here you go. 

Users who are viewing this thread