Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Dr. Dan

Darrell Henderson - LA Rams

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, matuski said:

Is there something harder about this than any other player?  I am not following.

Nope, seems the exact same situation as every other RB.  Mysterious injury (or not) late in 2018, workhorse RB that’s “fine” getting limited touches on a run to the Super Bowl, talk about a degenerative knee during the offseason, team trading two picks to move up in the draft to grab a RB, limited practice participation in the preseason, trend of not receiving more than 16 carries in a game continues into 2019, “quad injury” significant enough to keep him out of a game 10 days after it occurred after playing just five games.  Pretty much nothing out of the ordinary compared to other RBs over the last ten months.  Status quo, I’d say.

Look, I’m glad Gurley has been “a value to you thus far for what you paid for him” (not sure how that’s quite possible as he’s RB17 in my ppr league, but ok).  I have a hunch he’s about to become just just a bit more complicated for you than “if he starts he starts.”  But like I said, we’ll see.  Let’s double back on this in a month.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SayWhat? said:

Nope, seems the exact same situation as every other RB.  Mysterious injury (or not) late in 2018, workhorse RB that’s “fine” getting limited touches on a run to the Super Bowl, talk about a degenerative knee during the offseason, team trading two picks to move up in the draft to grab a RB, limited practice participation in the preseason, trend of not receiving more than 16 carries in a game continues into 2019, “quad injury” significant enough to keep him out of a game 10 days after it occurred after playing just five games.  Pretty much nothing out of the ordinary compared to other RBs over the last ten months.  Status quo, I’d say.

Look, I’m glad Gurley has been “a value to you thus far for what you paid for him” (not sure how that’s quite possible as he’s RB17 in my ppr league, but ok).  I have a hunch he’s about to become just just a bit more complicated for you than “if he starts he starts.”  But like I said, we’ll see.  Let’s double back on this in a month.

You seem hellbent on some conspiracy theory.

It never was a mystery, he has a degenerative knee.  Known since he was drafted.

People that drafted him that weren't hiding under a rock for the last year expected this.  You seem to be saying AHA I TOLD THIS WOULD HAPPEN... when we all knew this is what we were getting.  Ceteris paribus, you start him when he starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

RB 15 in ppr, 7 pts from top 10

Todd Gurley.   RB15.  Let that sink in for a moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hankmoody said:

Todd Gurley.   RB15.  Let that sink in for a moment.

He went in the third round late in our draft, actually. I thought it was crazy but took Josh Jacobs instead when I had the third. CJA and the playoffs last year really said something about Gurley and his problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hankmoody said:

Todd Gurley.   RB15.  Let that sink in for a moment.

Nobody drafted this guys as a RB1.

I hope?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matuski said:

Nobody drafted this guys as a RB1.

I hope?

The fall has been sudden, I think is the issue. Just two years ago, he was indeed winning championships with huge, huge games. Then...precipitous fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rockaction said:

The fall has been sudden, I think is the issue. Just two years ago, he was indeed winning championships with huge, huge games. Then...precipitous fall.

Right, the way last year ended after the going strong for most of it was a shock.

The way this season has started, knowing how last season went - is not a shock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, matuski said:

Nobody drafted this guys as a RB1.

I hope?

In the FFI experts poll done in June, he was ranked as the #8 rb. In my 16 team league with a late August draft, he went 13th in the first round, the 9th RB. I'm guessing he's a RB1 in many 12 team leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

In the FFI experts poll done in June, he was ranked as the #8 rb. In my 16 team league with a late August draft, he went 13th in the first round, the 9th RB. I'm guessing he's a RB1 in many 12 team leagues.

In June?

eta - regardless.. if you drafted him #1, that sucks.  

 

Edited by matuski
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, matuski said:

In June?

eta - regardless.. if you drafted him #1, that sucks.  

 

I bought the Fantasy Football Index magazine in June. The poll included experts from PFF,  ESPN, and Rotoworld, so it's legit. I saved Gurley's ADP in late August for 12-team leagues; it was the 10th RB. A high risk high reward pick, based on past performance and faith McVay's system. Even at 80% of 2018, Gurley was a reasonable choice.

I picked 6th overall and drafted what was the safest pick after the big 4, Conner. I still have some hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

I bought the Fantasy Football Index magazine in June. The poll included experts from PFF,  ESPN, and Rotoworld, so it's legit. I saved Gurley's ADP in late August for 12-team leagues; it was the 10th RB. A high risk high reward pick, based on past performance and faith McVay's system. Even at 80% of 2018, Gurley was a reasonable choice.

I picked 6th overall and drafted what was the safest pick after the big 4, Conner. I still have some hope.

Using the words magazine + June + legit seems counter intuitive to me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFI is pretty famous for their predraft mag. It's really not a sharp's tool, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matuski said:

 

Could implies that you do indeed care, leaving the possibility to care less.

Is something wrong with that?  Maybe I care a very insignificant amount, but I am willing to care a bit less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Todd Gurley.   RB15.  Let that sink in for a moment.

 

52 minutes ago, matuski said:

Nobody drafted this guys as a RB1.

I hope?

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

FFI is pretty famous for their predraft mag. It's really not a sharp's tool, though.

A paper magazine might be old-school, but I like their organization of information. Off-season moves by team, rookie report, 1 page schedule by week, another by team, experts poll, player stats by week to see for example that Jared Cook had 4 great weeks and a bunch of bad weeks, oline discussion, defense overview, etc. The analysis by Ian Allan is good. When combined with the latest ADP and FBGs, its an efficient approach to draft day.

The June FFI analysis on Henderson was positive based on his elusiveness. Ian ranked him higher than Brown.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Is this the Darrell Henderson thread or the Todd Gurley Conspiracy thread? 

It's the

I picked up Malcolm Brown and have him plugged in at flex now I'm wondering if anybody else has dropped Darrell Williams for Darrell Henderson

thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy Football Index was the magazine I bought yearly during the 90's.  A lot of magazines had low quality information.  I always thought Fantasy Football Index did a good job.  They had the previous 3 years of stats in each player's profile which was majorly important.  Most magazines only gave the previous year's stats.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob Henry of FootballGuys had Gurley as the #5 RB in the FFI experts poll. Is he still here?

To be fair to Bob, among the 20 experts, he was lowest  on Rodgers (#12), highest on Dak (#7),  and lowest on Beckham (#12). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wormburner said:

It's the

I picked up Malcolm Brown and have him plugged in at flex now I'm wondering if anybody else has dropped Darrell Williams for Darrell Henderson

thread.

I did exactly this. Dropped Demarcus Robinson for Chase Edmunds and then dropped Darrel Williams for Darrel Henderson. 

And I’m bullish on DWill2. I just think Henderson is a better talent than Brown. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ATB said:

I did exactly this. Dropped Demarcus Robinson for Chase Edmunds and then dropped Darrel Williams for Darrel Henderson. 

And I’m bullish on DWill2. I just think Henderson is a better talent than Brown. 

I dropped Darrell for Darrell and was second guessing myself.  Thanks for the back up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Is something wrong with that?  Maybe I care a very insignificant amount, but I am willing to care a bit less.

But that conveys the opposite message intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m holding Henderson out of all but one lineup today (where I’ll probably lose anyway). Hated seeing that John Kelly move late in the week. Screams that they don’t have confidence in Henderson. What an awful start to his career if he does nothing today. Guy looked like a big winner and good to great talent exiting the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Iceman03 said:

I’m holding Henderson out of all but one lineup today (where I’ll probably lose anyway). Hated seeing that John Kelly move late in the week. Screams that they don’t have confidence in Henderson. What an awful start to his career if he does nothing today. Guy looked like a big winner and good to great talent exiting the draft.

Couldn't they have just activated Kelly because they needed a 3rd RB with Gurley out? I'm not up to date on their current depth chart aside from Gurley, Brown and Henderson so I might be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Couldn't they have just activated Kelly because they needed a 3rd RB with Gurley out? I'm not up to date on their current depth chart aside from Gurley, Brown and Henderson so I might be wrong.

Seemed like a common move to me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seemed like a normal move, it's just that everybody is so up in the air about Henderson that the call-up of a former back on the depth chart is threatening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Seemed like a normal move, it's just that everybody is so up in the air about Henderson that the call-up of a former back on the depth chart is threatening.

I read that move to be there are some long term concerns for Gurley and this is a multiple week injury.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knowledge dropper said:

I read that move to be there are some long term concerns for Gurley and this is a multiple week injury.  

That's another way to look at it, for sure. Glad I picked up Brown, then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Rappaport saying "there's a chance" that Gurley plays next week.

I would have thought it was a slam dunk he plays considering it's just a quad injury. Tells me this could be more serious.

Gotta hold this guy. For all we know Gurley is toast and he's IR'd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Couldn't they have just activated Kelly because they needed a 3rd RB with Gurley out? I'm not up to date on their current depth chart aside from Gurley, Brown and Henderson so I might be wrong.

Maybe Kelly plays special teams but it’s not like Henderson has been. I see it as another reason to be overly cautious with a guy who has basically been yielding zero snaps. CJ Anderson came in and played over Kelly last year off the streets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Fantasy Football Index was the magazine I bought yearly during the 90's.  A lot of magazines had low quality information.  I always thought Fantasy Football Index did a good job.  They had the previous 3 years of stats in each player's profile which was majorly important.  Most magazines only gave the previous year's stats.

Annual tradition is reading FFI on vacation.  A lounge chair by the pool...  A cold brew in hand... 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's just a hard tackle from being a feature back in the Rams offense, you gotta like it if you own him in redraft like a lottery ticket. This will be one of just a couple chances he might see. 

8-50, 2-20 and a TD today as the Rams erupt on the Niners and re-establish order in the West. 41-21 today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked great. Very powerful. Brown looked very pedestrian. 

One of Hendersons carries came on the goal line, so his stats look slightly worse than they really were. He had one mistake otherwise I was very happy with what I saw 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

He looked great. Very powerful. Brown looked very pedestrian. 

One of Hendersons carries came on the goal line, so his stats look slightly worse than they really were. He had one mistake otherwise I was very happy with what I saw 

About the best you could hope for. He looked decent and Brown stumbled. The worst part is the Rams offense looks broken. The good part about that is they may be forced to feature him more. Goff is regressing terribly though, which is scary for everyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not easy integrating a new offensive lineman midseason but the Rams should consider trading for an offensive lineman.  Or two.  Goff cannot function without good protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

He looked great. Very powerful. Brown looked very pedestrian. 

One of Hendersons carries came on the goal line, so his stats look slightly worse than they really were. He had one mistake otherwise I was very happy with what I saw 

He looked like a beast in limited touches. Maybe he passes Brown on the depth chart later this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He jumped off the screen to me. It's not very often I say "whoa" while watching a player. The last time I said that was Alvin Kamara preseason before his rookie season. Caused me to take a last round flier on him. Not saying he's that but... he sure looked the part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

He looked great. Very powerful. Brown looked very pedestrian. 

One of Hendersons carries came on the goal line, so his stats look slightly worse than they really were. He had one mistake otherwise I was very happy with what I saw 

That pitch he fumbled was high and behind him it looked like, I'm not sure if he was supposed to stand there and wait or what, but it did look like a pretty bad pitch. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His coming out party is in the ATL this weekend.  I have a feeling (or perhaps its gas).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

That pitch he fumbled was high and behind him it looked like, I'm not sure if he was supposed to stand there and wait or what, but it did look like a pretty bad pitch. 

I caught the very tail end of it. I think Redzone cut to it very briefly. 

 

I feel justified in his hype after an admittedly small sample size. Compared to Brown he looked like Gurley! At least as far as power and physicality goes. He looked way better than anything I've seen from Montgomery so far. Again, admittedly a small sample size. I'd love to see him get more so we can make an apples to apples comparison 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Waldman with a beautiful break down of Henderson from yesterday-

https://twitter.com/mattwaldman/status/1183758503774752768?s=21

thanks

the first video he shows (the op), it looks almost fast forward. that burst is just unreal. that's exactly what I was excited about back predraft. If/once he gets it together, watch out. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

thanks

the first video he shows (the op), it looks almost fast forward. that burst is just unreal. that's exactly what I was excited about back predraft. If/once he gets it together, watch out. 

Yessir right with you. Want to see him used in the passing game next. Would be curious to hear what defensive personnel the Niners used when he was in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How bad is this offense? I didn't get a chance to watch any of it but Goff's stats are shocking. Is this even an offense you want pieces of anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henderson is far better suited than Brown to run behind a poor offensive line.  Henderson might have a skillset that allows him to prosper even when he gets bad blocking.  Brown cannot do that.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

 Is this even an offense you want pieces of anymore?

Cooper Kupp came into this wk the #1 wr in ppr

They don’t play SF every wk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.