What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darrell Henderson, LAR (4 Viewers)

Todd Gurley.   RB15.  Let that sink in for a moment.
He went in the third round late in our draft, actually. I thought it was crazy but took Josh Jacobs instead when I had the third. CJA and the playoffs last year really said something about Gurley and his problems. 

The fall has been sudden, I think is the issue. Just two years ago, he was indeed winning championships with huge, huge games. Then...precipitous fall.
Right, the way last year ended after the going strong for most of it was a shock.

The way this season has started, knowing how last season went - is not a shock.

Nobody drafted this guys as a RB1.

I hope?
In the FFI experts poll done in June, he was ranked as the #8 rb. In my 16 team league with a late August draft, he went 13th in the first round, the 9th RB. I'm guessing he's a RB1 in many 12 team leagues.

In the FFI experts poll done in June, he was ranked as the #8 rb. In my 16 team league with a late August draft, he went 13th in the first round, the 9th RB. I'm guessing he's a RB1 in many 12 team leagues.
In June?

eta - regardless.. if you drafted him #1, that sucks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
In June?

eta - regardless.. if you drafted him #1, that sucks.  
I bought the Fantasy Football Index magazine in June. The poll included experts from PFF,  ESPN, and Rotoworld, so it's legit. I saved Gurley's ADP in late August for 12-team leagues; it was the 10th RB. A high risk high reward pick, based on past performance and faith McVay's system. Even at 80% of 2018, Gurley was a reasonable choice.

I picked 6th overall and drafted what was the safest pick after the big 4, Conner. I still have some hope.

I bought the Fantasy Football Index magazine in June. The poll included experts from PFF,  ESPN, and Rotoworld, so it's legit. I saved Gurley's ADP in late August for 12-team leagues; it was the 10th RB. A high risk high reward pick, based on past performance and faith McVay's system. Even at 80% of 2018, Gurley was a reasonable choice.

I picked 6th overall and drafted what was the safest pick after the big 4, Conner. I still have some hope.
Using the words magazine + June + legit seems counter intuitive to me.

FFI is pretty famous for their predraft mag. It's really not a sharp's tool, though.
A paper magazine might be old-school, but I like their organization of information. Off-season moves by team, rookie report, 1 page schedule by week, another by team, experts poll, player stats by week to see for example that Jared Cook had 4 great weeks and a bunch of bad weeks, oline discussion, defense overview, etc. The analysis by Ian Allan is good. When combined with the latest ADP and FBGs, its an efficient approach to draft day.

The June FFI analysis on Henderson was positive based on his elusiveness. Ian ranked him higher than Brown.

Fantasy Football Index was the magazine I bought yearly during the 90's.  A lot of magazines had low quality information.  I always thought Fantasy Football Index did a good job.  They had the previous 3 years of stats in each player's profile which was majorly important.  Most magazines only gave the previous year's stats.

Bob Henry of FootballGuys had Gurley as the #5 RB in the FFI experts poll. Is he still here?

To be fair to Bob, among the 20 experts, he was lowest  on Rodgers (#12), highest on Dak (#7),  and lowest on Beckham (#12). 

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
It's the

I picked up Malcolm Brown and have him plugged in at flex now I'm wondering if anybody else has dropped Darrell Williams for Darrell Henderson

thread.
I did exactly this. Dropped Demarcus Robinson for Chase Edmunds and then dropped Darrel Williams for Darrel Henderson. 

And I’m bullish on DWill2. I just think Henderson is a better talent than Brown. 

I did exactly this. Dropped Demarcus Robinson for Chase Edmunds and then dropped Darrel Williams for Darrel Henderson. 

And I’m bullish on DWill2. I just think Henderson is a better talent than Brown. 
I dropped Darrell for Darrell and was second guessing myself.  Thanks for the back up!

I’m holding Henderson out of all but one lineup today (where I’ll probably lose anyway). Hated seeing that John Kelly move late in the week. Screams that they don’t have confidence in Henderson. What an awful start to his career if he does nothing today. Guy looked like a big winner and good to great talent exiting the draft.

I’m holding Henderson out of all but one lineup today (where I’ll probably lose anyway). Hated seeing that John Kelly move late in the week. Screams that they don’t have confidence in Henderson. What an awful start to his career if he does nothing today. Guy looked like a big winner and good to great talent exiting the draft.
Couldn't they have just activated Kelly because they needed a 3rd RB with Gurley out? I'm not up to date on their current depth chart aside from Gurley, Brown and Henderson so I might be wrong.

Seemed like a normal move, it's just that everybody is so up in the air about Henderson that the call-up of a former back on the depth chart is threatening.

Ian Rappaport saying "there's a chance" that Gurley plays next week.

I would have thought it was a slam dunk he plays considering it's just a quad injury. Tells me this could be more serious.

Gotta hold this guy. For all we know Gurley is toast and he's IR'd.

Couldn't they have just activated Kelly because they needed a 3rd RB with Gurley out? I'm not up to date on their current depth chart aside from Gurley, Brown and Henderson so I might be wrong.
Maybe Kelly plays special teams but it’s not like Henderson has been. I see it as another reason to be overly cautious with a guy who has basically been yielding zero snaps. CJ Anderson came in and played over Kelly last year off the streets.

Fantasy Football Index was the magazine I bought yearly during the 90's.  A lot of magazines had low quality information.  I always thought Fantasy Football Index did a good job.  They had the previous 3 years of stats in each player's profile which was majorly important.  Most magazines only gave the previous year's stats.
Annual tradition is reading FFI on vacation.  A lounge chair by the pool...  A cold brew in hand... 

He's just a hard tackle from being a feature back in the Rams offense, you gotta like it if you own him in redraft like a lottery ticket. This will be one of just a couple chances he might see. 

8-50, 2-20 and a TD today as the Rams erupt on the Niners and re-establish order in the West. 41-21 today...

He looked great. Very powerful. Brown looked very pedestrian. 

One of Hendersons carries came on the goal line, so his stats look slightly worse than they really were. He had one mistake otherwise I was very happy with what I saw 

One of Hendersons carries came on the goal line, so his stats look slightly worse than they really were. He had one mistake otherwise I was very happy with what I saw 
About the best you could hope for. He looked decent and Brown stumbled. The worst part is the Rams offense looks broken. The good part about that is they may be forced to feature him more. Goff is regressing terribly though, which is scary for everyone.

It's not easy integrating a new offensive lineman midseason but the Rams should consider trading for an offensive lineman.  Or two.  Goff cannot function without good protection.

He looked like a beast in limited touches. Maybe he passes Brown on the depth chart later this season.

He jumped off the screen to me. It's not very often I say "whoa" while watching a player. The last time I said that was Alvin Kamara preseason before his rookie season. Caused me to take a last round flier on him. Not saying he's that but... he sure looked the part.

That pitch he fumbled was high and behind him it looked like, I'm not sure if he was supposed to stand there and wait or what, but it did look like a pretty bad pitch. 

kittenmittens said:
That pitch he fumbled was high and behind him it looked like, I'm not sure if he was supposed to stand there and wait or what, but it did look like a pretty bad pitch. 
I caught the very tail end of it. I think Redzone cut to it very briefly. 

I feel justified in his hype after an admittedly small sample size. Compared to Brown he looked like Gurley! At least as far as power and physicality goes. He looked way better than anything I've seen from Montgomery so far. Again, admittedly a small sample size. I'd love to see him get more so we can make an apples to apples comparison 

thanks

the first video he shows (the op), it looks almost fast forward. that burst is just unreal. that's exactly what I was excited about back predraft. If/once he gets it together, watch out. 
Yessir right with you. Want to see him used in the passing game next. Would be curious to hear what defensive personnel the Niners used when he was in.

How bad is this offense? I didn't get a chance to watch any of it but Goff's stats are shocking. Is this even an offense you want pieces of anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread