What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (2 Viewers)

I like Murray a lot and took him at 1.07 in an FFPC superflex startup this year. I believe my team is a contender right out of the gate but if my assets were a little more plentiful I would probably do a late 1st and Unicorn on top for Mahomes in a heartbeat. But honestly I think it's a tough call especially if Murray balls out this year. As a Mahomes owner in a different superflex league I can tell you that it would take a Godfather offer to get him from me. People have tried but not approached conversation level. This one wouldn't either. But I get that the Murray side wins on paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect Murray to be a top 3-4 QB this year.  All signs point to a break out campaign. 

I didn't get him though.  Someone grabbed him a bit early IMO.  2 rounds later I got Dak and I expect a really good year from him too.

@Bracie Smathers time to rename the thread methinks?

Kyler Murray completed 26-of-40 passes for 230 yards, one touchdown, and one interception, rushing 13 times for 91 yards and another score in Arizona's Week 1 win over the 49ers.

Murray was actually over 100 yards rushing for the day but dipped to 91 with two clock-killing kneels in Arizona's last two plays. (Sorry, fantasy players.) His performance still qualifies for the fourth-most rushing yards by a Cardinals quarterback in franchise history and the second-most in his young career. Arizona's offense unsurprisingly picked up where it left off despite adding DeAndre Hopkins (14/151) into the mix, operating at an uptempo pace for 76 plays (40 pass, 36 runs) and 5.3 yards per touch. Murray's 13 scrambles included a slippery 22-yard sprint up the gut to put the Cardinals ahead 20-17 late into the fourth quarter. If anything, this performance proved the team's versatile offense is here to stay in 2020. Murray will be a QB1 with confidence in Week 2 against Washington.

- Rotoworld

Kyler Murray completed 26-of-38 passes for 286 yards, one touchdown, and an interception, rushing eight times for 67 yards and two touchdowns in the Cardinals' 30-15 Week 1 win over Washington. 

The speedy, elusive Murray again made defenders look silly on his way to the end zone. He has 19 rushing attempts through two games, a marked increase over his rookie year rushing pace. It makes Murray a potential top-3 fantasy quarterback with a massive weekly floor. He's a high-end QB1 next week against Detroit. 

- Rotoworld

He’s so good, I feel really good about trading “down” from Watson to Murray early last year after I saw him flash in the NFL. He’s fun to watch, and even if he does look tiny out there he runs smart, doesn’t risk his body, and is stout and keeps his legs under him. 

Murray is a small hoss. Milkman and Dr Dan were on this last year, I was a bit more cautious but he still was on my Superflex team as a second-rounder.

I said upthread that he may wind up better than Mahomes when all is said and done in dynasty, but I wouldn't do that straight up. Kudos to ConnSKINS26 for acquiring him for Watson and a first. Depending on the first, that may look incredibly good in a year's time.

Murray is a small hoss. Milkman and Dr Dan were on this last year, I was a bit more cautious but he still was on my Superflex team as a second-rounder.

I said upthread that he may wind up better than Mahomes when all is said and done in dynasty, but I wouldn't do that straight up. Kudos to ConnSKINS26 for acquiring him for Watson and a first. Depending on the first, that may look incredibly good in a year's time.
Literally days before the season started last season I acquired him for what many thought was a big overpay at the time.  I'll admit, it was risky.  But I believed in the talent.  2QB dynasty league I essentially gave up a 2021 1st, 2022 1st, and 2023 1st with a couple 2nds and 3rds from random years thrown in.  One of the best trades I've made.  

Literally days before the season started last season I acquired him for what many thought was a big overpay at the time.  I'll admit, it was risky.  But I believed in the talent.  2QB dynasty league I essentially gave up a 2021 1st, 2022 1st, and 2023 1st with a couple 2nds and 3rds from random years thrown in.  One of the best trades I've made.  
I can't wrap my head around it because I don't have the particulars or scoring or rosters for your league, but best of luck with that. At first blush, it seems like a lot, but I have little to no idea how 2QB works in dynasty. I can barely wrap my head around Superflex in redraft. 

At first blush, it seems like a lot, but I have little to no idea how 2QB works in dynasty. I can barely wrap my head around Superflex in redraft. 
Haha, its a steal.  Quarterbacks are at an absolute premium in this format, and good young ones like Kyler who have the rushing upside are nearly untouchable.  The fact that the 1sts I gave up are so far out makes this pretty lopsided.  I'll be getting a couple years of value out of Kyler before he even realizes the value out of any of those picks, and then he still has to hit on them.  

Haha, its a steal.  Quarterbacks are at an absolute premium in this format, and good young ones like Kyler who have the rushing upside are nearly untouchable.  The fact that the 1sts I gave up are so far out makes this pretty lopsided.  I'll be getting a couple years of value out of Kyler before he even realizes the value out of any of those picks, and then he still has to hit on them.  
Very true. People around here sure seem to love picks, though. I'm not as sold on that general outlook. You're getting present value, you argue, and you're right. All he's getting is discounted future value.

Very true. People around here sure seem to love picks, though. I'm not as sold on that general outlook. You're getting present value, you argue, and you're right. All he's getting is discounted future value.
Yep.  Now if Kyler had ended up being a bust, it was a move that could've sunk my team for several years.  But I think he's put those fears to rest at this point.  

Yep.  Now if Kyler had ended up being a bust, it was a move that could've sunk my team for several years.  But I think he's put those fears to rest at this point.  
No such thing as a sure thing but he seemed about as close as it gets. I like the aggressiveness. 

I feel like people don't give enough consideration to the fact he is a 2nd year player and only turned 23 last month. He looks Lamar level special. 

Kyler Murray is like if Sean Peyton was ever able to combine prime Darren Sproles and prime Drew Brees into 1 player. 
This seems a bit premature, but I like the comparison.  I mentioned above that he reminds me of Sproles, and I love that he has Nuk.  To compare him to Brees as a passer......I want to see some more, but the potential is there for sure.  He's got the arm talent, no doubt.

Loving everything, especially how it starts with everyone having a story of how he practices or studies or works out. "He's built the right way"

Kyler Murray completed 23-of-35 passes for 270 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions in the Cardinals' 26-23, Week 3 loss to the Lions, adding five rushes for 29 additional yards and a touchdown. 

Not the sophomore's finest hour, though fantasy managers will gladly take it. Murray's rushing touchdown featured an absolutely ridiculous juke near the goal line, and he's now found the end zone on the ground in 3-of-3 games. Murray has four total rushing TDs, the kind of thing that locks in QB1 floor regardless of shaky passing performances like this afternoon's. Relentlessly working his connection with DeAndre Hopkins and finally heating up with Andy Isabella, Murray also continues to make strides as a passer. The Panthers represent a Week 4 smash spot. 

Sep 27, 2020, 7:28 PM ET

Kyler Murray completed 24-of-31 passes for 133 yards and three touchdowns in the Cardinals' 31-21 Week 4 loss to the Panthers, adding six rushes for 78 additional yards.

These numbers are extremely hollow from a performance standpoint, as Murray and the Cardinals were totally outmatched for more than two quarters. At halftime, Murray had 54 passing yards and the Cardinals only turned it on when down 28-7. Still, Murray has the skills to save his fantasy football day in almost any game due to his outstanding skills. But from a winning team standpoint, the Cardinals simply could not convert a third down in the first quarter and Murray's overthrows were a part of that. He remains a strong QB1 against the Jets in Week 5.

- Rotoworld

His legs and those short TDs saved his fantasy day. Didn't see much of this game but that's a crazy low yardage total

Boy oh boy I'd be all over Kyler if someone was thinking about selling after a couple poor real life games. (I'm not playing fantasy this season but would assume even last 2 games his rushing makes him more than serviceable)

He's one of the best arm/leg QB talents the league has ever seen. Even when his legs start to go, he's got one of the best guns in the league.

Boy oh boy I'd be all over Kyler if someone was thinking about selling after a couple poor real life games. (I'm not playing fantasy this season but would assume even last 2 games his rushing makes him more than serviceable)

He's one of the best arm/leg QB talents the league has ever seen. Even when his legs start to go, he's got one of the best guns in the league.
Exactly. And yep, he’s QB6 right now in fantasy, a couple points behind Rodgers. 

Users who are viewing this thread